Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #1276
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post

Adding to this, I wonder if people would be as open to sharing about any romance or YA fiction they might read. Even if it's pretty occasional that I'd pick up, say, The Fault In Our Stars, I still wouldn't really think to share about it when I do. Not so much out of utter shame than just.... uh..... lack of extra-interestingness?
This one is YA fantasy, but that is one area of fantasy that seems more acceptable? I haven't checked for a bit if there is a new book out, but I really like Tamora Pierce's 'Song of the Lioness' Quartet and many of the sequels set in the same world (called Tortall) (less so the 'Immortals' series that starts with Wild Magic series, but I quite like the 'Trickster' and 'Provost's Dogs' ones, and the Protector of the Small was quite good too). (She has another set of series in another world that are OK, but just never hit me quite the same way.) Nothing super deep, but girl-power positive and quite good reads.

I've read some deliberate fantasy-romance hybrids, but they still tend to get shelved with the fantasy (probably to their publisher's dismay?) so I think those wouldn't count the same way.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:49 PM   #1277
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like romance in the way I like cotton candy. Predictable, melts in your mouth, don't have to think about chewing, and gone in a trice.

I've been reading Kresley Cole's immortals series. So it's fantasy. Vamps and Werewolves and all that jazz. Actually enjoying the fact that it has an underlying plot and characters remain from book to book. It's still, ya know, romance, though.

Though, as with all romances, I have to do this sort of real time editingL

She ran her hands down his narrow fat waist, enjoying the view of his taut abs belly hanging over his pants. She had never seen a man so fit fat.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:43 AM   #1278
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been trying to stave off the temptation to learn Spanish. (This always happens to me. A kind of language senioritis, tempting me away from the old and towards the new.)

I will not abandon the French ship this time. And so, to satiate the Spanish craving just a little, I have decided to look into another popular-yet-unpopular medium......telenovelas! My brain might have to work a little harder, but you'd better believe I'll be doing the same kind of mental editing that we FFAs do when reading.

So feel free, Hispanophones, after teasing me mercilessly, to recommend a series or two!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:40 AM   #1279
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I've been trying to stave off the temptation to learn Spanish. (This always happens to me. A kind of language senioritis, tempting me away from the old and towards the new.)

I will not abandon the French ship this time. And so, to satiate the Spanish craving just a little, I have decided to look into another popular-yet-unpopular medium......telenovelas! My brain might have to work a little harder, but you'd better believe I'll be doing the same kind of mental editing that we FFAs do when reading.

So feel free, Hispanophones, after teasing me mercilessly, to recommend a series or two!

Not a telenovela... but I've been enjoying El ministerio del tiempo
Old 10-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #1280
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:

I think I have just the thing for you....

Old 10-22-2016, 06:34 AM   #1281
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
Not a telenovela... but I've been enjoying El ministerio del tiempo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
I think I have just the thing for you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjuB...youtu.be&t=46s
La variedad es la sal de la vida
Old 10-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #1282
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

From what I've seen of your French, you should be past the necessary linguistic 'point of no return' - meaning that even if you concentrated on Spanish now, you wouldn't lose your French any more.

That's also important in the context that before switching from one Romanesque language to the other, you need a level of proficiency to not mess them all up - and in consequence learn none of them properly.

In this line - bonne chance - mucha suerte - buona fortuna! *

* ironically one of the few that diverge strongly in the 3 major Romanesque languages.....
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:12 AM   #1283
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
La variedad es la sal de la vida
Mrs.Crumbling also suggests https://learner.org/series/destinos/
a telenovela aimed at learners.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:47 AM   #1284
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
That's also important in the context that before switching from one Romanesque language to the other, you need a level of proficiency to not mess them all up - and in consequence learn none of them properly.
I suspect this is true for all languages, having once tried to learn Mandarin at the time I was studying Hebrew. The results, such as they were, were not pretty.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #1285
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Unless the proper Spanish differs from the Mexicanized version I've learned, buena suerte would be the more common usage for good luck although I could see some dialects choosing much luck or mucha suerte as equally interchangeable.