Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
AtomicHeart

AtomicHeart has said some nice things
Default A very difficult thing

Not even sure how to begin this one. I know I need some help though and some advice.

Without going into a ten year long discussion of how things came to be at the place there are with me, this is how things stand.

I am a male who wish to transition into female. In addition, as a female, I would like to gain weight, it is something I've considered for years and am finally ready to begin.

I've spoken with doctors and hormone replacement therapy is an option. But I worry. Im a confused mess. Where do I start? Am I making the correct decision? Is this the wrong place to ask? Any advice?
AtomicHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You might also want to post on the GLBTQ board? There are a few people who may check there still who have transitioned, one way or another. I'm not sure any who transitioned and gained, so you may want to talk to the communities on both boards.

Best of luck on getting yourself to a point where you are happy in your skin
Old 12-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would check to see if there are any LGBTQ groups or support groups for people who are trans near you. You've talked to your doctor which is a good start. You may also find it helpful to speak to a therapist who has experience working with people who are transitioning, if you do choose to have surgeries in the future some of them do require that you have seen a therapist for a first anyway. Good luck in becoming the woman you want to be.

Last edited by lille; 12-31-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: left out a word
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #4
AtomicHeart

AtomicHeart has said some nice things

Thanks for advice! Its hard to post these kind of things on LGT boards due to the weight gain aspect. = /
AtomicHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think they meant the LGBTQ board here on Dims.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicHeart View Post
Thanks for advice! Its hard to post these kind of things on LGT boards due to the weight gain aspect. = /
Good luck on the road to becoming a BBW. Little things add up, so adding butter and whole milk to your diet is a good start.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

Only you can decide if you're making the right decisions for you. You're looking at huge changes in the coming years if you aim to pursue both of these things. I'm actually very curious as to how much hormone replacement will affect where the body distributes gained weight.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
Imp

Imp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticedImp never has a post go unnoticed

I do think you're very confused. I don't think either the weight gain or the sex change is likely to be your ultimate solution. Those are two very big decisions with huge implications. So for what it's worth my tip is to get in a therapeutic relationship with someone who will support you and your choices but will also be skeptical about these choices. That way you'll get all sides of what you're thinking about AND may find some personal resolution about your identity regardless of which choice you make.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicHeart View Post
Not even sure how to begin this one. I know I need some help though and some advice.

Without going into a ten year long discussion of how things came to be at the place there are with me, this is how things stand.

I am a male who wish to transition into female. In addition, as a female, I would like to gain weight, it is something I've considered for years and am finally ready to begin.

I've spoken with doctors and hormone replacement therapy is an option. But I worry. Im a confused mess. Where do I start? Am I making the correct decision? Is this the wrong place to ask? Any advice?

DIMs has an LGBT board, here:
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...splay.php?f=53
where both trans and gaining friendly peeps have posted. You might find some folks there who have direct of experience of what you are going through at the moment.

I hope you find some help, good luck!