Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 01-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #26
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveembig View Post
The study goes back almost 6 years now and as you should know studies are NOT science. Studies are made up of cherry-picked data that “researchers” use to formulate conclusions in line with the point of view of who or what organization funded or sponsored the study. This 2008 study was a follow up to a study by the same team that claimed fat women have more unplanned pregnancies which give rise to the concept that overweight women are less likely to use proper contraception.

“Previous studies by the same team observed obese and overweight women also have a higher risk of unintended pregnancy than women of a normal weight.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...new-study.html

The 2008 study in question is also in direct contradiction with a French study published in 2010 that claims obese women are less likely to report having a sexual partner in the past 12 months while being more likely to report and STD or an unplanned pregnancy.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/723783
http://www.livescience.com/6616-unpl...ese-women.html

Now which study is to be believed? The truth of the matter is neither study is to be taken at face value because studies such as these are undertaken with ulterior motives in mind. They are planned and sponsored bullshit used to further a particular agenda. Are overweight women having more sex than their thinner counterparts; Yes, No, Maybe, who knows? There is simply no exact way of telling because the outcome of either study depends on the study participants telling the honest truth about their sex lives. And if there is one thing that I am certain about is that people lie like dogs about how many times they get laid.
i guess what people believe is what they want to believe

also wonder what is so upsetting about the idea that fat women may be having lots of sex. also with the unintended pregnancy, people who have more sex have would have more of a risk factor anyway no matter what size they were. that sounds fairly logical and not like fat bashing.

Last edited by superodalisque; 01-14-2014 at 08:18 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #27
kentwildt

kentwildt can now change their title

All I csn say is that I LOVE fat women. There is NO way to change me. The more the better. I love you all!!
kentwildt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #28
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

There's a simple reason fat women have higher rates of unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Obesity -- especially for women -- is associated with poverty.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...e-from/283060/

Poor women have higher rates of unplanned pregnancies and STDs regardless of weight. I suspect once you control for income the rates for unplanned pregnancies and STDs between fat and thin women will be pretty much the same.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #29
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
There's a simple reason fat women have higher rates of unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Obesity -- especially for women -- is associated with poverty.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...e-from/283060/

Poor women have higher rates of unplanned pregnancies and STDs regardless of weight. I suspect once you control for income the rates for unplanned pregnancies and STDs between fat and thin women will be pretty much the same.
that sounds reasonable. and now the next thing is to explode the things that cause fat people to have higher poverty rates -- the actual politics behind being a fat person.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #30
MillyLittleMonster
Shinigami

MillyLittleMonster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMillyLittleMonster can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I hate these studies.
Sex depends on the person not the body size.
MillyLittleMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #31
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyLittleMonster View Post
I hate these studies.
Sex depends on the person not the body size.
Don't take it personally. Social science studies are about groups and trends not individuals.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #32
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" There's a simple reason fat women have higher rates of unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Obesity -- especially for women -- is associated with poverty. "

That's part of it for sure, but also I think the whole problem with fat bigotry and ignorance within the medical community also comes into play. I have had some bad experiences with bigoted and ignorant doctors when I have sought advice on sexual wellness and contraception.

Tracy