Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-06-2005, 08:57 PM   #26
Venus de Mpls

Damnation I luv me some Pop Rocks! Sputter, hiss and giggle!

Clove Lifesavers. These I truly miss.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #27
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

These little peppermint air candy things. I don't know what the name was, but I remember when we went to town, we would bring some back for granny. They were about the diameter of a quarter I guess. Red and white striped and when you put them in your mouth they just melted and became these little pepperminty bits of goodness in your mouth. I can't find these anywhere, even on the internet. It was like they were filled with air.

I haven't thought about Doodads in year. They used to be my favorite.

I have quite a few ice cream casualties I mourn, since that is my one and true love. Ben and Jerry's Kaberry Kaboom (who doesn't love ice cream with pop rocks in it) and Cool Britannia. I think they still make it, but I can't find Primary Berry Graham. And everytime the baseball season ends, I have a moment of silence for the retirement of Baseball Nut at Baskin Robbins until next summer.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #28
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
Green Goddess Dressing (I understand someone is still making it, but I never see it.)

Vermont Country store had it listed in their Christmas Catalogue.... Kraft made the one I remember and every once in a while I will come across it at my Local Winn Dixie. I always got a kick out of reading the ingredients list "natural flavors" and wondering if Green Goddesses tast different from Regular Goddesses

www.vermontcountrystore.com
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #29
Venus de Mpls

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess
Vermont Country store had it listed in their Christmas Catalogue.... Kraft made the one I remember and every once in a while I will come across it at my Local Winn Dixie. I always got a kick out of reading the ingredients list "natural flavors" and wondering if Green Goddesses tast different from Regular Goddesses

www.vermontcountrystore.com
Green Goddess was the Original Ranch, except it was chivey, green and goddess-y in my not so humble opinion.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #30
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
These little peppermint air candy things. I don't know what the name was, but I remember when we went to town, we would bring some back for granny. They were about the diameter of a quarter I guess. Red and white striped and when you put them in your mouth they just melted and became these little pepperminty bits of goodness in your mouth. I can't find these anywhere, even on the internet. It was like they were filled with air.

I haven't thought about Doodads in year. They used to be my favorite.

I have quite a few ice cream casualties I mourn, since that is my one and true love. Ben and Jerry's Kaberry Kaboom (who doesn't love ice cream with pop rocks in it) and Cool Britannia. I think they still make it, but I can't find Primary Berry Graham. And everytime the baseball season ends, I have a moment of silence for the retirement of Baseball Nut at Baskin Robbins until next summer.

They still make Primary Berry, but they changed the name and I'll be damned if I recall the name right now. It's damn good! *Strawberry Cheesecake, I just looked on their site*

The puffy peppermint things, I know those too, and I don't know the name... but they still have them around here especially at Christmas. If I see them, I'll let you know. They're sort of like dinner mints, right? The ones everyone sticks their hands in the bowl to grab at restaurants? But they have red stripes, and they're bigger. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #31
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hershey's Bar None - the chocolate creme, choclate wafer candy bar, coated with chocolate and chopped peanuts. The best.. bar none.

One I can't remember the name of, but it was usually stocked next to the Shake-n-Bake. It was a powdered coating for raw cubed potatoes or other veggies (just like Shake-n-Bake) that you'd apply and Bake. I loved their Ranch flavor.

American Beauty sells dry spaghetti that is two or three times the normal length, but nobody ever carries it. I swear I gonna just make my own.

Lay's makes a ketchup potato chip that is sold in Canada, but not in the US. If I could get them to market them here.

Fast Food: Another Vote for Burger Chef and Kenny Roasters.

McDonalds is always test marketing things here, and then they go away. I'm not sure if any of these made it to the national market, but I can't wait for another release of: McRib, McPizza, the Arch Deluxe, the Spanish Bagel Omelette, and McJordan Special, and the Just Add Bacon for 50c promotion.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #32
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The first time McDonald's offerred the McRib, I tried it and didn't like it. The following Saturday, I was there with my kids for lunch. A girl comes over to our table and asks me if I want to try a sample of their new McRib. I told her no - that I had tried on the other day, and that I almost McPuked.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #33
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Earlier this year, Taco Bell was selling something called the "Club Chalupa" - a chalupa with chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing. It was fantastic, but unfortunately was one of their limited time offers.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:56 AM   #34
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
Three words:

Bonomo Turkish Taffy

It was a real treat when I was a kid. You buy a bar, bring it home, and stick it in the freezer. After dinner, you'd smack it against the table, open the wrapper, and you were greeted with irregulatly-shaped shards of taffy.

My favorites were Chocolate and Banana....

From what I can gather, they stopped making it in the Late '60s.
I found this for you...

If you are looking for a reasonably good substitute, try a product we found called French Chew Taffy. Put it in the freezer, smack it down hard on the table and breaks just like the original. It comes in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry... http://www.oldtimecandy.com/french-chew.htm
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #35
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Found Mint Skittles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
Mint Skittles. Can't find 'em ANYWHERE for love or money.

It appears you can buy them here... I hope so! Good luck!

~Allie

http://store.candywarehouse.com/mintskittles.html
Old 11-07-2005, 01:20 AM   #36
BBWMoon
Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy

Lay's makes a ketchup potato chip that is sold in Canada, but not in the US. If I could get them to market them here.

I know it's costly, but you can buy the Lay's Ketchup chips through the mail at least, here is one of the sites:

http://www.canadaonly.ca/canadaonly....cks/chips.html
Old 11-07-2005, 01:30 AM   #37
BBWMoon
Kisses

Default Lipton Rice and Sauce Chicken Parmesan Risotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
Lipton Rice and Sauce Chicken Parmesan Risotto - this was still made until earlier this year, and I ate it about 3 times a week. Then, POOF!

Seriously, I'll pay top dollar if any of you can still find a bag on your supermarket shelf. I'm not kidding, just let me know.

Doo Dads - Nabisco I think, used to be a Chex mix type snack, but with the good ol' seasoning, none of the melba junk, and peanuts.

It was divine.

Is this it, AnnMarie?
Maybe it's still available here. In search input: Lipton Rice and Sauce Chicken Parmesan Risotto http://shop.netgrocer.com/shop.aspx?...rid=2D462&ns=1

~Allie

Last edited by BBWMoon; 11-07-2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:38 AM   #38
BBWMoon
Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
Kraft Cucumber Dip (I've never been able to duplicate it)

Kraft has this PHILADELPHIA Cucumber and Herb Dip Recipe on their site:

pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup finely shredded cucumber, well drained

1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Swiss Cheese

1/2 tsp. dill weed

1/2 tsp. lemon juice

1/4 tsp. minced fresh garlic

1/4 tsp. salt

MIX all ingredients until well blended; cover.

REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:49 AM   #39
BBWMoon
Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie

Doo Dads - Nabisco I think, used to be a Chex mix type snack, but with the good ol' seasoning, none of the melba junk, and peanuts.

It was divine.
I found this:
Are Snack Mixers still available? I've never seen them!

"Let me tell you what happened with
Nabisco's Doo Dads. As recently as June of this year,
I found some at an Exxon gas station here in Houston,
Texas, where I live. This was really interesting since
I had not seen any since the late 90s. I remember that
it was extremely popular when I was growing up in the
70s, 80s, and 90s, and then as 2000 rolled around,
they were practically nowhere to be seen. That snack
mix has been discontinued in the U.S., I believe. It's
a Nabisco Canada product. Anyway, sometime in the 90s,
Nabisco came out with another product called Ritz
Snack Mixers, which was a snack mix composed of Mini
Ritz crackers, plain, whole wheat, and cheese
varieties, cereal that looked like wheat Chex, and
pretzel sticks. They came in two varieties:
Traditional and Cheddar. The Cheddar Snack Mixers came
with more cheese crackers and everything was coated
with cheese powder. Anyway, Ritz Snack Mixers have
been discontinued also, but don't worry. It only gets
better. About a month ago, I was at the supermarket,
and lo and behold, I see this brand new product called
Nabisco Snack Mixers! They come in two varieties:
Traditional and Cheddar. So what is it, you might say?
Nabisco's Doo Dads and Ritz Snack Mixers resurrected!
They have thrown the two snacks into one package and
renamed it! The Cheddar variety is Doo Dads with
Cheddar Ritz Snack Mixers, and the Traditional variety
is Doo Dads with Traditional Ritz Snack Mixers.
Ingenious, isn't it? Oh, and the Cheddar has Cheetos
thrown into the mix! "
Old 11-07-2005, 01:57 AM   #40
BBWMoon
Kisses

Default Wow! Look at this "Discontinued" List

This list is amazing! Yep, BB... your Kraft Bacon & Tomato Dressing is on it.

This is really cool, though.

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/btwgb.asp

Take a look!
(I'm done... googling for the evening... Night Everyone! )

~Allie
Old 11-07-2005, 05:25 AM   #41
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Fast Food: Another Vote for Burger Chef and Kenny Roasters.

McDonalds is always test marketing things here, and then they go away. I'm not sure if any of these made it to the national market, but I can't wait for another release of: McRib, McPizza, the Arch Deluxe, the Spanish Bagel Omelette, and McJordan Special, and the Just Add Bacon for 50c promotion.
Arch Deluxe! That's the grown-up burger I was talking about. I miss that thing.

I remember liking Burger Chef as a kid, but I think it was for some kid-related reason, rather than that of quality. But agreed on the Kenny Rogers Roasters. I never tried their chicken, but their many side dishes were great. Not a loser in the bunch, as I recall.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:29 AM   #42
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
Kraft has this PHILADELPHIA Cucumber and Herb Dip Recipe on their site:

pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

1 cup finely shredded cucumber, well drained

1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Swiss Cheese

1/2 tsp. dill weed

1/2 tsp. lemon juice

1/4 tsp. minced fresh garlic

1/4 tsp. salt

MIX all ingredients until well blended; cover.

REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
That looks too cheesy and dilly to nail it, but I'll certainly tinker with it, Allie. Thanks. Great detective work you're doing here.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:38 AM   #43
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I miss the Marathon bar. It was a long pretzel like braided candybar made out of caramel covered chocolate. As kids we would store them in the freezer and then take 'em out and smack 'em against the counter before we'd practically break our own teeth trying to eat them.

Then there were these things that my mother used to buy for my lunchbox. It was kinda like a twinkie but it was just a round dollop of twinkie like cake and inside was a lemon or blueberry filling. I believe it was covered in powdered sugar as well. Those were also stored in the freezer and were quite good. I've never been able to find them.

Lastly, there used to be this restaurant called 'Lums' on rt. 1 in Dedham, MA. My parents would take us there once a week on average and they used to serve fried mushrooms that I have never been able to find anything like them anywhere. Deep fried in breadcrumbs and they would melt in your mouth. Also they are single handedly responsible for the bacon burger fetish that I have nourished to this very day. I haven't been the same since. They even had a secret ingredient sauce on their burgers that I fear the owner of that restaurant has taken with him to his grave. I miss that restaurant.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:43 AM   #44
BBWMoon
Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW
I miss the Marathon bar. It was a long pretzel like braided candybar made out of caramel covered chocolate. As kids we would store them in the freezer and then take 'em out and smack 'em against the counter before we'd practically break our own teeth trying to eat them.

This might be it! The english version:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN
Old 11-07-2005, 06:05 AM   #45
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The Marathon bar was on my list too! I didn't post a list but had I, the Marathon bar would've been on the top of it

Does anyone shop Big Lots? I am not a fan of the place, but whenever I pop in it seems to be the land of misguided new products. I remember seeing Blue Pepsi and Hot Tamales Candy Ice Cream there in the past.

I may order some of those pseudo Marathon bars! Thanks, Allie

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:14 AM   #46
BBWMoon
Kisses

Wink

my favorite discontinued chocolate bar was air puffed, had possibly 4 or 5 sections. On the top of each section was a half crescent moon or seashell shape. And when you bit into it, there were air bubble pockets in the chocolate.

Something like the aero bar. I'm curious if anyone remember what I'm talking about?
I think it was called the Mirage bar.

Also, I loved the old Fanta in the glass bottles. (Not today's Fanta)
Fond memories of shaking up Fanta's to sipping the Fizz

~Allie

Last edited by BBWMoon; 11-07-2005 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:58 AM   #47
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
my favorite discontinued chocolate bar was air puffed, had possibly 4 or 5 sections. On the top of each section was a half crescent moon or seashell shape. And when you bit into it, there were air bubble pockets in the chocolate.

Something like the aero bar. I'm curious if anyone remember what I'm talking about?
I think it was called the Mirage bar.

Also, I loved the old Fanta in the glass bottles. (Not today's Fanta)
Fond memories of shaking up Fanta's to sipping the Fizz

~Allie
I remember the old Fanta too! Also there was this soda brand called "White Rock" that we used to drink a lot as kids. The White Rock factory was not too far from our house so it was very popular in our area. I miss that tonic, as we call it here in Mass.

Thanks for the link Allie. That bar looks like it's the one!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:03 AM   #48
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I still see White Rock in local supermarkets. It was the one with the fairy on the bottle? I haven't touched that stuff in years though.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:11 AM   #49
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I still see White Rock in local supermarkets. It was the one with the fairy on the bottle? I haven't touched that stuff in years though.
I remember White Rock from my childhood. And in the NY area, there was Hoffman soda, which you could get in wooden cases of 24 quart deposit bottles.

In NJ, we had Brookdale Soda, which also came in cases of deposit bottles. In some places, Brookdale would deliver to your door. Outside Morristown where I grew up, we would go with my mother every few weeks to a liquor store in Madison with our cases of empty bottles. Mom would tell us how many cases she was buying, and my sisters and I would pick the bottles off the shelf and fill the cases with the flavors we wanted - cola, root beer, birch beer, sarsaparilla, and orange for us kids, and club soda and ginger ale for my folks.

Then the store clerk would carry the cases out for us and put them in the trunk of Mom's '59 Plymouth.

As we finished the bottles of soda, we'd put the empties back in the cases. And when we were all out of soda, it was time for another trip to the liquor store in Madison.

We stopped getting Brookdale Soda when Shop-Rite started selling cans of their store-brand soda for 9 cents each. Then we had an old refrigerator on the back porch that we kept filled with cans of Shop-Rite soda.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #50
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Ahh nifty link, Allie.

I actually have seen some of the things on that list around. It kinda makes me worry about what kind of supplier we are getting our things from around here, but then again, it is KY.

I am personally glad I missed this one though: Chicken Dinner Candy Bar. Uhm..no.

AnnMarie, let me know if you do see those peppermints airy things. They almsot look like christmas ornaments. Like those little balls. I just remember they came in a can and had a plastic lid.