Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #51
BigFusionNYC

BigFusionNYC can now change their title

This isn't really a 'food' per se, but it was the shiz-nit. Back in the late 80's-early 90's they released a chewing gum based on soda. It was like FRESHEN UP GUM, they were square pieces with "gel" in the Center, the flavors were 7-UP, Dr Pepper, Coke, and Cherry Coke, the gum had the flavor and the gel was like concentrated Soda Syrup, they were amazing. Whatever happened to the NESTLE ALPINE WHITE BARS? The only thing like that now is the Nestle Crunch White Edition, but those are hard to find and I'm not a big fan of the crispies in the white chocolate. Not the same. Also in the 80's they had Pizza Toasters, it was a round Hot Pocket type thing that you would put in your toaster and it had sauce and cheese like a pizza. One final thing, SNAPPLE SAMOAN SPLASH, my all time fave drink, discontinued. Stupid companies taking away my stuff!

BigFusionNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #52
PrettyFatGirl4U
R U ready 4 this jelly?

PrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this board

Hiya Bo-

Hidden Valley makes a BLT dressing that is really good.

Last time I checked (not terribly recently) those Planter's thingys were in my stores...I've seen em in Walgreen's so maybe try there....or perhaps we can work out some sort of trade....REAL NY bagels for Planter's Peanut Crisps?
PrettyFatGirl4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #53
PrettyFatGirl4U
R U ready 4 this jelly?

PrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this board

Jamie-

I KNOW we have those peppermints here, altho maybe just around Christmas...if I see any I'll let you know and get you some

Debi
Old 11-07-2005, 11:56 AM   #54
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Seven Seas makes Green Goddess dressing. I bought some a couple of months ago. Would you like me to send you some?

I got about 5 free OEP Frozen Chimichangas 2 weeks ago with coupons. I'd offer to send them too, but I don't think they'd arrive very well.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #55
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyFatGirl4U
Last time I checked (not terribly recently) those Planter's thingys were in my stores...I've seen em in Walgreen's so maybe try there....or perhaps we can work out some sort of trade....REAL NY bagels for Planter's Peanut Crisps?
Yes! Oh God, yes. If these are the things that look like beige packing popcorn, crispy on the outside, peanut buttery on the inside, you SO have a deal, PFG. I'll send you the finest bagels H&H has to offer, Girl.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #56
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonvine
Seven Seas makes Green Goddess dressing. I bought some a couple of months ago. Would you like me to send you some?
A friend now makes it with parsley in the food processor, so I'm set. But thanks for the offer, Moonvine. Awfully sweet of you.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

Old 11-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #57
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Hershey's Bar None - the chocolate creme, choclate wafer candy bar, coated with chocolate and chopped peanuts. The best.. bar none.

One I can't remember the name of, but it was usually stocked next to the Shake-n-Bake. It was a powdered coating for raw cubed potatoes or other veggies (just like Shake-n-Bake) that you'd apply and Bake. I loved their Ranch flavor.

American Beauty sells dry spaghetti that is two or three times the normal length, but nobody ever carries it. I swear I gonna just make my own.

Lay's makes a ketchup potato chip that is sold in Canada, but not in the US. If I could get them to market them here.

Fast Food: Another Vote for Burger Chef and Kenny Roasters.

McDonalds is always test marketing things here, and then they go away. I'm not sure if any of these made it to the national market, but I can't wait for another release of: McRib, McPizza, the Arch Deluxe, the Spanish Bagel Omelette, and McJordan Special, and the Just Add Bacon for 50c promotion.
All of the supermarkets here in Seattle carry American Beauty Pasta.
McRibs have always been my only reason for going to Mickey D's!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:40 PM   #58
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
I remember White Rock from my childhood. And in the NY area, there was Hoffman soda, which you could get in wooden cases of 24 quart deposit bottles.

In NJ, we had Brookdale Soda, which also came in cases of deposit bottles. In some places, Brookdale would deliver to your door. Outside Morristown where I grew up, we would go with my mother every few weeks to a liquor store in Madison with our cases of empty bottles. Mom would tell us how many cases she was buying, and my sisters and I would pick the bottles off the shelf and fill the cases with the flavors we wanted - cola, root beer, birch beer, sarsaparilla, and orange for us kids, and club soda and ginger ale for my folks.

Then the store clerk would carry the cases out for us and put them in the trunk of Mom's '59 Plymouth.

As we finished the bottles of soda, we'd put the empties back in the cases. And when we were all out of soda, it was time for another trip to the liquor store in Madison.

We stopped getting Brookdale Soda when Shop-Rite started selling cans of their store-brand soda for 9 cents each. Then we had an old refrigerator on the back porch that we kept filled with cans of Shop-Rite soda.
I grew up in Northern NJ where we had Penguin Soda. I can still remember opening the cans with a can opener and the transition to pull-tabs.

We also had delivery to our homes from Charles Chips. They'd deliver these huge cans of potatoe chips or pretzels or popcorn. You paid a deposit on the can and turn the empty one in when you got your next order.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #59
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
These little peppermint air candy things. I don't know what the name was, but I remember when we went to town, we would bring some back for granny. They were about the diameter of a quarter I guess. Red and white striped and when you put them in your mouth they just melted and became these little pepperminty bits of goodness in your mouth. I can't find these anywhere, even on the internet. It was like they were filled with air.

Jamie, lol... I found your peppermint air candy. BB, please walk into any Duane Reade and verify this, would you? They're in the bulk candy bags 2/$3.00.
They're puffy and round. Then they have these hardish peppermint stripes? I've never had them. But if you'd like me to pick up a few, Jamie... I will.
Maybe they're not it... but I think they might be!

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #60
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
Is this it, AnnMarie?
Maybe it's still available here. In search input: Lipton Rice and Sauce Chicken Parmesan Risotto http://shop.netgrocer.com/shop.aspx?...rid=2D462&ns=1

~Allie
Thanks, Allie, but no deal there... they do have older varieties that don't have the current "new" bag for the remaining flavors, but not mine.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #61
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
AnnMarie, let me know if you do see those peppermints airy things. They almsot look like christmas ornaments. Like those little balls. I just remember they came in a can and had a plastic lid.

Yeah, yeah, that's them! I haven't actively looked for them, as they're not a treat I'm into, but I KNOW I see them here. I think maybe it's a little bit of a New England thing, lots of blue hairs looking for those and their ribbon candy around Christmas time! lol

Last edited by AnnMarie; 11-07-2005 at 09:01 PM.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #62
PrettyFatGirl4U
R U ready 4 this jelly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
Yes! Oh God, yes. If these are the things that look like beige packing popcorn, crispy on the outside, peanut buttery on the inside, you SO have a deal, PFG. I'll send you the finest bagels H&H has to offer, Girl.
Done, BB...next time I'm in Walgreen's I'll have a look for you! I hope I can find some for ya
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #63
Egbert Souse
South America, probably.

Egbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going on

I feel a little apprehensive about adding this after the recent assault on candy corn on this board, but i thought those Reese's Peanut Butter Cups made with extra crunchy peanut butter were a great idea.

If you put em in the fridge for a day, they were INCREDIBLE.

I don't mind if you disagree but if you do, please try to be gentler about your disagreement than you were about candy corn.
That hurt.
Egbert Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #64
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus de Mpls
Damnation I luv me some Pop Rocks! Sputter, hiss and giggle!
Venus, there's an awfully fun kiddie candy store on the Lower East Side called Economy Candy (same block as Babes in Toyland and around the corner from Orchard Corset). Floor to ceiling, this place is stocked with lots of stuff I didn't know still existed. Last time we were there we brought home an embarrassingly large haul, and I'm pretty sure Pop Rocks were among our many goodies.

Next time you're in town we'll hit it. And if you need dildoes or foundation garments, I got that covered, too.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #65
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW
I miss the Marathon bar. It was a long pretzel like braided candybar made out of caramel covered chocolate. As kids we would store them in the freezer and then take 'em out and smack 'em against the counter before we'd practically break our own teeth trying to eat them.
I remember the Marathon bar too. Unfortunately, it really is gone for good.

However, I discovered a webside ( www.oldtimecandy.com ) and they found a copy of the Marathon. Its called CurlyWurly: http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm

I havent ordered yet.. but I'm planning on it.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:35 AM   #66
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I remember the Marathon bar too. Unfortunately, it really is gone for good.

However, I discovered a webside ( www.oldtimecandy.com ) and they found a copy of the Marathon. Its called CurlyWurly: http://www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm

I havent ordered yet.. but I'm planning on it.

Fuzzy,

Did you read my post about the Ketchup Lays?

~Allie
Old 11-08-2005, 05:37 AM   #67
BBWMoon
Kisses

Quote:
Venus, there's an awfully fun kiddie candy store on the Lower East Side called Economy Candy (same block as Babes in Toyland and around the corner from Orchard Corset). Floor to ceiling, this place is stocked with lots of stuff I didn't know still existed. Last time we were there we brought home an embarrassingly large haul, and I'm pretty sure Pop Rocks were among our many goodies.

Next time you're in town we'll hit it. And if you need dildoes or foundation garments, I got that covered, too.

OooHoooh...

I need a tour, BB!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #68
ParrotHead FA

ParrotHead FA can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
Three words:

Bonomo Turkish Taffy

It was a real treat when I was a kid. You buy a bar, bring it home, and stick it in the freezer. After dinner, you'd smack it against the table, open the wrapper, and you were greeted with irregulatly-shaped shards of taffy.

My favorites were Chocolate and Banana....

From what I can gather, they stopped making it in the Late '60s.
Hey wayne http://www.oldtimecandy.com/french-chew.htm
ParrotHead FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:20 AM   #69
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Re: Ordering Lay's (BBWMoon)

Someone has told me about a local import store that specialized in Canadian Goods... I'm going to try there first. Here's hoping..
Old 11-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #70
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quake cereal - which fought a battle with the still-available-but-hard-to-find Quisp for Cereal Supremacy in the 70's. . .
Old 11-11-2005, 12:26 AM   #71
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hi-C Ecto Cooler. That stuff tasted really good and Slimer was even on the package. I also miss Fruit Brute cereal. Oh yeah and Freakies! That always came with a toy surprise.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:13 AM   #72
autopaint-1
Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

autopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Breakfast & desert

Rice Krinkles and now for some candies, Bonomos Turkish Taffee (put my dentists kids through college) I remember chocolate, strawberry & vanilla, all with healthy artificial flavoring. and although I recently found them on line, chocolate babies.
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste your tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float - Edward L Norton, 328 Chauncey Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York

Last edited by autopaint-1; 11-11-2005 at 04:16 AM.
autopaint-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #73
saucywench

Default The OA Big Cheese

Quote:
....Are you going after the OA gig, Gordo? Could be cool.
BB,

I think that, subconsciously, Marc Smirnoff has replaced Jon Stewart as my drool fodder. Could it be?

Re: my subject line--I had to keep on topic, right?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 PM   #74
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
....Doo Dads - Nabisco I think, used to be a Chex mix type snack, but with the good ol' seasoning, none of the melba junk, and peanuts.

It was divine.
I love Doo-Dads! I think they still make it, though--I can get it in my area. When I make homemade Chex mix and try to approximate Doo-Dads, I have a problem finding a box of the oblong cheese cracker bullet thingies that they put in Doo-Dads. Who the heck manufactures those?

I'm with you on the melba stuff. It's hell on the teeth, and part of the reason I don't care for that snack mix that has an Italian-sounding name--starts with a G.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #75
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Orbitz soda:
Anybody remember? It was non-carbonated clear fruit flavored soda in a clear glass bottle that was full of these little "candy" bits floating around in it. The soda and candy were formulated so that the candy just sat suspended there and never sank. Some were yellow, blue, white, and red I think. The consistency of the candy bits was like caviar. Which icked most people out to the max because they would burst in your mouth. I admit, it icked me out too to have those candy caviar thingies burst against the roof of my mouth, but it was a really cool concept.

Pepsi Clear:
Clear Pepsi that tasted like cola, and was sold in a clear plastic pop top can. I remember this very briefly from one of the summers of my early teenage years. Very early-mid 1980's. There was also a clear Pepsi that tasted like citrus, but this was different.

Josta Cola:
The more accessible alternative to Jolt. Had an overly sweet tropical flavor to it. Supposedly contained caffeine like botanicals and the rumor was that it was also an aphrodisiac. All it did was make you jittery and fuzzy headed from all the sugar and stimulant.

Tracy
Tracyarts is offline   Reply With Quote