Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
whome

whome can now change their title
Default What about being a cougar?

Would you date someone younger than you? By how much? Is 20 too young for a 35 year old? Or 35 too young for 50?
whome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What a coincidence, I've been thinking about this all morning...

I think I'm too young to be considered a cougar in any capacity right now, even if the guy was in his teens. I think there needs to be a significant age gap, not just be younger. But that aside, of course I'd date someone younger... just not too much younger for legal reasons!

I'd like to be one in my thirties, though.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
gnoom
cencored by wife

gnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot pics

I'm 38, would i date some in the age of ...18? Hmm, tough question. I think "maybe" is the answer, it would depend on the level of her personality and the pupose of the date...

On the other hand - would i date a cougar? 58 and up?

Sure!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

I love younger men! Maybe its because I never grew up. I prefer to set my limit that they have to be old enough to buy me a drink. OMG lol I used to say that and it didn't seem that bad, but just turning 41 i guess i would date someone 20 years younger. But typically they are 10-13 years younger, But I also date older men, Paul Mccartney is 27 years older and I would never turn him down.

My question is at what age do you actually become a cougar? I have been practicing my cougar call and I think i've got it down!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm wondering what a guy who's older who only dates younger is called? I've heard of Dingo and Silver Fox, but I've heard that's for the ones older than 50. So what about the ones 30-40 who date around 18 years old?

And what are the young girls called?

I know for cougars there's 2 names for the young guys... one of them being "cub" lol. But I'm curious what the title is for the other way around.

----

Answering the question: I seem to be getting attracted to those my age and younger as I grow up, so I might become a cougar one day. Before, I was all about the older men and am still more attracted to older men, but I'm seeing a change in that. So I might become a cougar later, lol.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
FreekiTiki

FreekiTiki can now change their title

As a guy who just turned 40, I am not sure I could date a woman much younger than 30. It would depend on the woman. Now if we are just talking catch and release, well then at least 21.
As for older women, I would be willing to date women into their mid 50's, but again it depends on the woman. I love to travel, hike, and go new places. A good outlook on life means a lot more than age.
FreekiTiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
So what about the ones 30-40 who date around 18 years old?
Creeps.

Cradle-robbers, if you want to be nice about it.
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Warren View Post
Creeps.

Cradle-robbers, if you want to be nice about it.
Then the ladies who date like that can be called such, too So it isn't fair.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

He would have to be a really really deep mature 20-something. After the hot sex what would we talk about? Having more hot sex? <rethinking that>

I'll get back to you.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

11 years younger seems to be the magic number for me.

Something about guys born in 1987 that I just must like.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
11 years younger seems to be the magic number for me.

Something about guys born in 1987 that I just must like.
Giggity giggity!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
Elementary_penguin

Elementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 club

Yay for cougars! Though I always found it impossible to approach older women, even those slightly older seemed to want to have nothing to do with us young-ins.. Oh well..
Elementary_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well...im 32...and I think that I'd probably go as young as 25 or 26 maybe if the guy is mature.

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #14
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm not really a fan of the term 'cougar.' It's not the word itself; I think the general idea most people have about 'cougars' is kind of demeaning to women. I also don't think it's particularly psychologically healthy to date someone whose not in your peer group, meaning someone over 10 years younger or older than yourself. Someone 10 years older or younger than you is generally generally going to be in a different stage of life, psychologically speaking, so I don't think it contributes to healthy psychological growth for either partner. I have a male friend in his 40s whose been living with a woman 20 years his senior for many years. She has grown children from a relationship in her early 20s. Based on everything my guy friend has told me about how she relates to her grown children, and certain aspects of their relationship, I would deem her pretty psychologically immature for a woman in her 60s. She still hasn't learned to accept certain aspects of her life, and seems to have an unhealthy, enabling relationship with one of her grown children who has been in and out of drug rehab. Nor does she share a lot of leisure time interests with my guy friend, so they don't discuss a lot of his interests when they're together, and I don't think she can really stimulate him mentally on certain levels. From my perspective, I wouldn't say it's a particularly healthy relationship. When I ask him what he values about the relationship, he says he values their history together (they've been together 13 or 14 years at this point); he likes the fact that it's a peaceful relationship and they don't argue much; and when they met, she already had a house they could live in. Those don't exactly seem like compelling reasons to maintain a relationship to me.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #15
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I'm not really a fan of the term 'cougar.' It's not the word itself; I think the general idea most people have about 'cougars' is kind of demeaning to women. I also don't think it's particularly psychologically healthy to date someone whose not in your peer group, meaning someone over 10 years younger or older than yourself. Someone 10 years older or younger than you is generally generally going to be in a different stage of life, psychologically speaking, so I don't think it contributes to healthy psychological growth for either partner. I have a male friend in his 40s whose been living with a woman 20 years his senior for many years. She has grown children from a relationship in her early 20s. Based on everything my guy friend has told me about how she relates to her grown children, and certain aspects of their relationship, I would deem her pretty psychologically immature for a woman in her 60s. She still hasn't learned to accept certain aspects of her life, and seems to have an unhealthy, enabling relationship with one of her grown children who has been in and out of drug rehab. Nor does she share a lot of leisure time interests with my guy friend, so they don't discuss a lot of his interests when they're together, and I don't think she can really stimulate him mentally on certain levels. From my perspective, I wouldn't say it's a particularly healthy relationship. When I ask him what he values about the relationship, he says he values their history together (they've been together 13 or 14 years at this point); he likes the fact that it's a peaceful relationship and they don't argue much; and when they met, she already had a house they could live in. Those don't exactly seem like compelling reasons to maintain a relationship to me.
Wait! What? didn't you say in the condom use thread( its all deleted now i checked) That you often dated younger men?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #16
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

At 43 years of age, I was having a hard time finding men who were my age to date. For me it was hard to let go of my ideals and think about dating someone younger. I have in the recent past few years dated a couple of men who were a bit younger than I am--the youngest one being 26. Honestly, at first I felt awkward going out with someone that young. I didn't think we could have all that much in common but he was educated, mature, thoughtful, considerate, attentive and funny. If he lived a bit closer to where I live I think we'd still be dating. After one hour of talking I didn't feel the age difference as much anymore.

That being said, I USUALLY like to date men who are closer to my own age. The most recent person I was interested in was 46 (but he says 38 on one of his his profiles). He turned out to be more immature than the 26 year old that I previously dated. The biggest problem I have is that most men whom are close to my age are already taken or live too far away for anything to happen with. Long distance relationships are hard. I have found that the men who are interested in me are in the "too young" age bracket or the "too old" age bracket. When I asked a gentleman friend about the reason that I cannot find someone my own age, his response was..."the younger guys want to date you cos they see what they want and are brazen enough go after it but they haven't a clue as to what to do with you once they've caught you. The older men want to date you cos they've been through it all before and now realize what they like...and the men whom are your age are ALREADY in relationships. That's why you can't find one who is your own age."
That made perfect sense to me but also made me a little sad.

Last edited by Lovelyone; 10-07-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Lovelyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #17
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamarie69 View Post
Wait! What? didn't you say in the condom use thread( its all deleted now i checked) That you often dated younger men?
I do, but at most only 7-8 years younger, if that. If they're more than 10 years younger than me, I won't date them. I won't date a guy who's not in my peer group.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #18
gnoom
cencored by wife

gnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot pics

Aside all the "dating older / dating younger"-thing i think that the averag age of my partners stayed the same all over the years. Means, it seems that i have a "goal-age" and as older i get, as much smaller the difference between them and me gets.
So i'm not into older women, i'm just into women of a certain age. And the older I get, the more likely do they date me...
Old 10-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I do, but at most only 7-8 years younger, if that. If they're more than 10 years younger than me, I won't date them. I won't date a guy who's not in my peer group.
Fair enough, The way the conversations read it seemed like 12-15 years younger. Which I personally have no problem with
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Cougar bait reporting in.
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
AmazingAmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
Cougar bait reporting in.

Was wondering when you'd make yourself known...
Old 10-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have no idea what this thread is about
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #23
AmazingAmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
I have no idea what this thread is about
LOL, Bri... cougars are older women who go after/date men younger than themselves.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #24
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingAmy View Post
LOL, Bri... cougars are older women who go after/date men younger than themselves.

oh really???!! Imagine that. How silly.

Last edited by fat9276; 10-07-2010 at 05:56 PM.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #25
AmazingAmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
oh really???!! Imagine that. How silly.

...I see what you did there.