Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 05-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #301
bbwbud

bbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm happy to say the only time I've ever heard race discussed in a dating context was in that great classic, "Blazing Saddles", when Lili von Shtupp asked Sheriff Bart...

"Is it twoo what they say about Bwack men?"

"It's twoo! It's twoo!"

Which probably explains why when the Sheriff returned to Rock Ridge, his friends who thought he had been executed said...

"They said you was hung!"

And the Sheriff replied...

"And they was right!"
bbwbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #302
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwbud View Post
I'm happy to say the only time I've ever heard race discussed in a dating context was in that great classic, "Blazing Saddles", when Lili von Shtupp asked Sheriff Bart...

"Is it twoo what they say about Bwack men?"

"It's twoo! It's twoo!"

Which probably explains why when the Sheriff returned to Rock Ridge, his friends who thought he had been executed said...

"They said you was hung!"

And the Sheriff replied...

"And they was right!"
ay where da white women at?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #303
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm....I have never been asked by a white women if I date or Fuck Black women....Nobody's buisiness....You have a good valid question IMO.....
Lol, I periodically check in on this thread and that did cross my mind too...

I never asked a white man I was considering dating if he dated a woman "not his color" (which means any other race than white).
To be honest, I have found white men that date black women or others outside of the white race to be.....rather interesting.

My ex husband had a black girlfriend when we first met. She wasn't his first.

She was a bigger size than myself....and he had dated smaller than myself.

I found this an intriguing aspect because I came from a white home with white parents, a racist father, racist neighbors, came across a lot of "every day racism" in my school years and just pretty much thought most of the people living in this part of the world back in those days....kinda ignorant...or stinted. Unable to grasp and see beyond anything they had been previously taught/told. Limiting yourself that way in a world full of people....mind boggling if you think about it too deeply.

Wow...a white man dating outside of his race and simply not giving a shit about being ostracized by others of the white race. The bee's knees indeed

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #304
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i agree with you Greenie . i think anyone who goes against a racist sizist etc... trend is intriguing indeed. i like men with cojones too. but unfortunately there is another side to that. black women really don't get castigated and scapegoated to the extent that black men do so they aren't viewed as a negative. they aren't seen as a threat to power. and also white men also have to jump through a lot of hoops to prove they aren't racist with black women because of the stigma of rape during slavery that follows them. he has to be verrrry nice indeed in order for her family to accept him --especially her father. even though my father was not in an all black relationship himself he stopped talking to my elder half sister for a long time when she dated a white man in california back in the seventies. after surviving Jim Crowe the idea was just not something he could handle.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #305
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default But-also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
"I'm thinking centuries of racial animus, not unreasonably, is coloring this discussion.Ö."
I dunno about centuries. Most of us have only lived for long. But, I would say individual perspectives, somewhat unique to each other, can often struggle a bit to find the common ground. Both reasonably and unreasonably. I mean, itís reasonable for people to feel the way they do, based on the experiences some of us have had. But sometimes that means that otherwise-reasonable people will tend to react in ways that are not so apparently reasonableÖ.

I think thatís why itís worth talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
"...your adherence to racial prejudice is what keeps it going. if you personally understand that character has nothing to do with race then why the need to perpetuate the racist connection between the two anyway?"
Important to note here that by adherence you also include subconscious or even unspoken connections made? Which describe hypothetical or imaginary situations. And, of course, simple observation of those connections made by other people...

Seems kind of broad, to me.

However, I'm not perpetuating anything. After all, Iím not the one telling other people who to date or not. Or what by criteria to decide any of that (for themselves). I'm simply disagreeing with your reasoning. And conclusions. About who is actually racist, perhaps not so much. But more so about and what qualifies that as such. And how it makes sense to respond to that. Both practically and morally. And, maybe, a few other things. But whoís countingÖ.

Quote:
"...your analogy about physical attraction is wrong because dating a black man does nothing to change a white woman physically. the question of dating a black man is some kind of a character issue for..."
I'm not sure which specific analogy you're talking about. But I do recall pointing out what should be obvious to anyone, that: The decision of who to have sex with (or date or marry) involves more than an assessment of character, if it can be said to involve that at all...So, excluding someone dating-wise is not really an indictment of their character. As much as choosing to do otherwise is not any evidence of the opposite of that.

Of course, highlighting the role of attraction (physical, romantic, aesthetic, intellectual, ideological, etc..) and the seemingly independent dynamics of such is a very straight-forward way to demonstrate that point. But it's not like there aren't other factors as well; which, really, have nothing to do with character. Because, after all, you can also 1)Be generally attracted to someone AND 2) Think of them to be of generally good character AND 3) Still choose not to date/have sex/marry them.

Or, at least, especially in terms of how you seem to use the term character-itelf, in a strictly normative sense. i.e. This person embodies a morality & values exactly like my own; therefore, they are the good. Whereas, this other person thinks differently from me, even in terms of the basic difference between right and wrong; therefore they are somewhere on a range of less than decent to Evil.

But, it's not like character, as a more basic descriptor canít apply to a whole host of things that we normally wouldnít put into such a stark contrast. Like, if we were talking about the character of a wine or landscape. Or the personality of an animal (e.g. horse, dog).

For example, as part of OkCupidís matching algorithm, you might be asked about whether or not youíve ever ridden on a motorcycle. Or what you think about whether or not a potential match has done the same. Does that speak to a personís character? I dunno. I guess it depends on how you define character. Certainly, it doesnít in the sense of how, just all by itself, you canít really tell what a personís actually like. Let-alone if they are actually good or bad. You need more context. With a good deal more context (How many motorcycles have they owned? Have they ever been issued a citation while driving one?Ö) you might eventually reach stronger sense of what to infer from that entire group of information

So, to make it simple, these things are all just reducible to traits or characteristics. Which may or may not influence how two people relate to each other, either in tandem with however many others they have in common or differ in. Just because something doesnít manifest itself physically in terms of a personís overall appearance, doesnít really mean that it doesnít matter. Again, you cannot decide for someone else what should or shouldnít matter or how much. Itís not your life! Nor does it mean that particular thing, is positive or negative on a normative type of scale. That it speaks to character, in the sense that I think youíre applying it. Or that the person to whom itís somehow important is judging on some sort of normative scale (i.e. a black mark?)

Really, itís sort of specific to the two people. I mean, what does a third or fourth person care if you and some other person have the same least favorite novel or rock band or color in common when that doesnít really apply to them?

So, what this really distills down to is that you canít use dating or romantic partnerships as some sort of litmus for whoís racist. Or how much. Itís not really fair. And it actually goes against the most fundamental tenets of racial equality, that we all deserve the basic dignity of being treated as individuals and the freedom of who to associate with, at least romantically.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #306
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
I dunno about centuries. Most of us have only lived for long. But, I would say individual perspectives, somewhat unique to each other, can often struggle a bit to find the common ground. Both reasonably and unreasonably. I mean, it’s reasonable for people to feel the way they do, based on the experiences some of us have had. But sometimes that means that otherwise-reasonable people will tend to react in ways that are not so apparently reasonable….

I think that’s why it’s worth talking about.

Important to note here that by adherence you also include subconscious or even unspoken connections made? Which describe hypothetical or imaginary situations. And, of course, simple observation of those connections made by other people...

Seems kind of broad, to me.

However, I'm not perpetuating anything. After all, I’m not the one telling other people who to date or not. Or what by criteria to decide any of that (for themselves). I'm simply disagreeing with your reasoning. And conclusions. About who is actually racist, perhaps not so much. But more so about and what qualifies that as such. And how it makes sense to respond to that. Both practically and morally. And, maybe, a few other things. But who’s counting….

I'm not sure which specific analogy you're talking about. But I do recall pointing out what should be obvious to anyone, that: The decision of who to have sex with (or date or marry) involves more than an assessment of character, if it can be said to involve that at all...So, excluding someone dating-wise is not really an indictment of their character. As much as choosing to do otherwise is not any evidence of the opposite of that.

Of course, highlighting the role of attraction (physical, romantic, aesthetic, intellectual, ideological, etc..) and the seemingly independent dynamics of such is a very straight-forward way to demonstrate that point. But it's not like there aren't other factors as well; which, really, have nothing to do with character. Because, after all, you can also 1)Be generally attracted to someone AND 2) Think of them to be of generally good character AND 3) Still choose not to date/have sex/marry them.

Or, at least, especially in terms of how you seem to use the term character-itelf, in a strictly normative sense. i.e. This person embodies a morality & values exactly like my own; therefore, they are the good. Whereas, this other person thinks differently from me, even in terms of the basic difference between right and wrong; therefore they are somewhere on a range of less than decent to Evil.

But, it's not like character, as a more basic descriptor can’t apply to a whole host of things that we normally wouldn’t put into such a stark contrast. Like, if we were talking about the character of a wine or landscape. Or the personality of an animal (e.g. horse, dog).

For example, as part of OkCupid’s matching algorithm, you might be asked about whether or not you’ve ever ridden on a motorcycle. Or what you think about whether or not a potential match has done the same. Does that speak to a person’s character? I dunno. I guess it depends on how you define character. Certainly, it doesn’t in the sense of how, just all by itself, you can’t really tell what a person’s actually like. Let-alone if they are actually good or bad. You need more context. With a good deal more context (How many motorcycles have they owned? Have they ever been issued a citation while driving one?…) you might eventually reach stronger sense of what to infer from that entire group of information

So, to make it simple, these things are all just reducible to traits or characteristics. Which may or may not influence how two people relate to each other, either in tandem with however many others they have in common or differ in. Just because something doesn’t manifest itself physically in terms of a person’s overall appearance, doesn’t really mean that it doesn’t matter. Again, you cannot decide for someone else what should or shouldn’t matter or how much. It’s not your life! Nor does it mean that particular thing, is positive or negative on a normative type of scale. That it speaks to character, in the sense that I think you’re applying it. Or that the person to whom it’s somehow important is judging on some sort of normative scale (i.e. a black mark?)

Really, it’s sort of specific to the two people. I mean, what does a third or fourth person care if you and some other person have the same least favorite novel or rock band or color in common when that doesn’t really apply to them?

So, what this really distills down to is that you can’t use dating or romantic partnerships as some sort of litmus for who’s racist. Or how much. It’s not really fair. And it actually goes against the most fundamental tenets of racial equality, that we all deserve the basic dignity of being treated as individuals and the freedom of who to associate with, at least romantically.
the original question was about a white woman who was asked if she dated black men by a white. he didn't ask if she were bi or a lesbian or whether she preferred short or tall men. most of all he didn't ask if she liked him or would go out with him ( the white male). besides that there is absolutely nothing that requires a white man to date or sleep with a black man in that question. and, sleeping with a black man does not somehow change who a white woman is physically. she is still a white female who evidently must be attractive to the white male who is trying to chat her up. he is concerned with the race of her past lovers and not about whether he is attracted to her or she to him. her past lovers have nothing to do with whether she might be attracted to him either since there are a huge number of people today who find may races physically attractive. so no, this does not set aside the racist intent of the question.

sad that you act is though none of the rest of us know what's happening in that question. we do know.

Last edited by superodalisque; 05-21-2014 at 09:35 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #307
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mark Cuban said something interesting in an interview with Inc. magazine and ESPN.com followed the story up.

"In this day and age, this country has really come a long way putting any type of bigotry behind us, regardless of who it's toward," Cuban told Inc. magazine. "We've come a long way and with that progress comes a price. We're a lot more vigilant and we're a lot less tolerant of different views, and it's not necessarily easy for everybody to adapt or evolve.

"I mean, we're all prejudiced in one way or another. If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there's a guy that has tattoos all over his face -- white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere -- I'm walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of. So in my businesses, I try not to be hypocritical. I know that I'm not perfect. I know that I live in a glass house, and it's not appropriate for me to throw stones."
Old 05-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #308
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
Mark Cuban said something interesting in an interview with Inc. magazine and ESPN.com followed the story up.

"In this day and age, this country has really come a long way putting any type of bigotry behind us, regardless of who it's toward," Cuban told Inc. magazine. "We've come a long way and with that progress comes a price. We're a lot more vigilant and we're a lot less tolerant of different views, and it's not necessarily easy for everybody to adapt or evolve.

"I mean, we're all prejudiced in one way or another. If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there's a guy that has tattoos all over his face -- white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere -- I'm walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of. So in my businesses, I try not to be hypocritical. I know that I'm not perfect. I know that I live in a glass house, and it's not appropriate for me to throw stones."
Just a warning that this has nothing to do with black guys dating white girls, but about the stereotypes Mark Cuban was talking about.

The NAACP has done nothing to get rid of the negative stereotypes such as the weed smoking, gun toting home boy. Hell, that image is vilified in numerous rap albums. Here's an example right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEE5_yfNbFg

In this epic Lil Jon potrays himself as a broke, jobless, behind on his child support bum that just wants to toke and drink. Then he gets pulled over with a stash of weed in his car. Is that really what black teenagers want to be like when they get older?

I suppose the comeback would be "well white kids want to grow up to be cowboys and gangsters so leave our culture alone." Maybe, but how many of them are or could be? The cowboy era has long since passed and the powerful FBI have made organized crime almost obsolete in the public eye. John Dillinger's bank robbers wouldn't last 5 seconds in the modern world. The whole "gangsta" image and threat is still alive and well, barely policed in various ghettos across the United States. Maybe if the NAACP does something to end that stereotype, maybe Mark Cuban will not cross the street when he sees a homeboy in a hoodie heading his way.

Again, nothing to do with black guys dating white girls....but I've seen the stereotypes effect relationships to. A white girl I've known all my life who grew up in the same yuppie town I did thinks she's "gangsta" by using slang, various tats and marrying a black guy......I don't think so. She's no more "gangsta" than I am.

Last edited by KHayes666; 05-23-2014 at 11:39 PM.
KHayes666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #309
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

On a side note, why are so many white men so interested in BBC? Why are they interested in seeing their lily white wives have sex with a strapping black man? I see it all types of threads online about wanting their wife to have sex with BBC. It's so weird to me. To even have the stupid terminology, BBC.

You never see black men wanting their black wives to have sex with white c-ck.

Honestly, there are many white men who are infatuated with black men. It's a mixture of infatuation and hate.
There have been many a hate crime where the white man removes the black man's penis before murdering him.

The US is so screwed up with race relations and that's not surprising given the historical baggage that this country has gone through.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 05-25-2014 at 09:59 AM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #310
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitten View Post
On a side note, why are so many white men so interested in BBC? Why are they interested in seeing their lily white wives have sex with a strapping black man? I see it all types of threads online about wanting their wife to have sex with BBC. It's so weird to me. To even have the stupid terminology, BBC.

You never see black men wanting their black wives to have sex with white c-ck.

Honestly, there are many white men who are infatuated with black men. It's a mixture of infatuation and hate.
There have been many a hate crime where the white man removes the black man's penis before murdering him.

The US is so screwed up with race relations and that's not surprising given the historical baggage that this country has gone through.
I would like an answer to that question, also. I think it is because the white men really do believe on some level that black men want to take the white men's wives. It's a really crazy idea, but then the white slave masters broke up our families with impunity, and their descendants have carried the guilt over what their forefathers did. I think they are afraid that we will enslave them as they enslaved us, for as I have learned, slavery had a sexual aspect as well as a racial aspect.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #311
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Just a warning that this has nothing to do with black guys dating white girls, but about the stereotypes Mark Cuban was talking about.

The NAACP has done nothing to get rid of the negative stereotypes such as the weed smoking, gun toting home boy. Hell, that image is vilified in numerous rap albums. Here's an example right here:

In this epic Lil Jon potrays himself as a broke, jobless, behind on his child support bum that just wants to toke and drink. Then he gets pulled over with a stash of weed in his car. Is that really what black teenagers want to be like when they get older?

I suppose the comeback would be "well white kids want to grow up to be cowboys and gangsters so leave our culture alone." Maybe, but how many of them are or could be? The cowboy era has long since passed and the powerful FBI have made organized crime almost obsolete in the public eye. John Dillinger's bank robbers wouldn't last 5 seconds in the modern world. The whole "gangsta" image and threat is still alive and well, barely policed in various ghettos across the United States. Maybe if the NAACP does something to end that stereotype, maybe Mark Cuban will not cross the street when he sees a homeboy in a hoodie heading his way.

Again, nothing to do with black guys dating white girls....but I've seen the stereotypes effect relationships to. A white girl I've known all my life who grew up in the same yuppie town I did thinks she's "gangsta" by using slang, various tats and marrying a black guy......I don't think so. She's no more "gangsta" than I am.
Your point about the NAACP is inaccurate. It isn't the NAACP's fault; it's the fault of the media companies. What we need to do is to get some black/Hispanic folks onto the management/ownership of these companies and then we will see change.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #312
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousBBWLover View Post
I would like an answer to that question, also. I think it is because the white men really do believe on some level that black men want to take the white men's wives. It's a really crazy idea, but then the white slave masters broke up our families with impunity, and their descendants have carried the guilt over what their forefathers did. I think they are afraid that we will enslave them as they enslaved us, for as I have learned, slavery had a sexual aspect as well as a racial aspect.

I agree! Yet, black folk never enslaved them nor brought harm to them en masse like they feared they would. They even let their black female slaves nurse their babies yet fear them at the same time?

Because many were sexually assaulting black female slaves with no punishment they subconsciously believed that the black men would do the same to their own women. Thus, the greater fear after the slaves were freed...they were no longer contained.

It is that fear of being bred out and having punishment returned to them.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #313
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCSB Murderer Elliot Rodger
"How could an inferior, ugly black boy be able to get a white girl and not me? I am beautiful, and I am half white myself. I am descended from British aristocracy. He is descended from slaves."
I'm going to throw this rotting fish corpse into the discussion because I feel it's a convenient segway into a thought I had when the thread was first posted. This idea popped in to my mind but I didn't feel like I could articulate it well and wasn't really interested in dealing with the kneejerk "not all white men" derailments and arbitrary resistance I would get from those who would want to toss the notion out of hand. I do think that there is a prevailing thought pattern among some white men that they are inherently better, and if you as a white woman would choose to copulate with a black man it says something about you - something that isn't good. After all, black men are weed tokers and baby daddys while white men clearly don't do any of this. A lot of white men find the notion that a white woman would be as attracted to a black man as to them to be troubling to their way of understanding the world.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW; 05-26-2014 at 12:13 PM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #314
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitten View Post
I agree! Yet, black folk never enslaved them nor brought harm to them en masse like they feared they would. They even let their black female slaves nurse their babies yet fear them at the same time?

Because many were sexually assaulting black female slaves with no punishment they subconsciously believed that the black men would do the same to their own women. Thus, the greater fear after the slaves were freed...they were no longer contained.

It is that fear of being bred out and having punishment returned to them.

"The dreams of men, the seed of commonwealth, the germs of empires."
...And this also... has been one of the dark places of the earth."

- Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness, Part 1

Last edited by superodalisque; 05-26-2014 at 02:57 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #315
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I'm going to throw this rotting fish corpse into the discussion because I feel it's a convenient segway into a thought I had when the thread was first posted. This idea popped in to my mind but I didn't feel like I could articulate it well and wasn't really interested in dealing with the kneejerk "not all white men" derailments and arbitrary resistance I would get from those who would want to toss the notion out of hand. I do think that there is a prevailing thought pattern among some white men that they are inherently better, and if you as a white woman would choose to copulate with a black man it says something about you - something that isn't good. After all, black men are weed tokers and baby daddys while white men clearly don't do any of this. A lot of white men find the notion that a white woman would be as attracted to a black man as to them to be troubling to their way of understanding the world.
this article seems to go along the same lines as your post. i thought you might find it interesting.

The Santa Barbara Mass Shooting, Elliot Rodger, and Aggrieved White Male Entitlement Syndrome
When an entire social structure has been erected to reinforce the lie that white folks are "normal" and "Others" are "deviant," it can be very difficult to break out of denial.

http://www.alternet.org/culture/sant...ement-syndrome
Old 05-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #316
superodalisque

Elliott Rodger, Isla Vista Shooting Suspect, Posted Racist Messages As Well As Misogynistic Ones
Man full of murderous hate was revered on hateful website.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...-messages-well

Six months before his deadly shooting spree, Rodger posted a message entitled: “Saw a black guy sitting with 4 white girls.” He proceeded to express his rage about the fact that white women would consort with men of color. The post said:

Today I drove through the area near my college and saw some things that were extremely rage-inducing.

I passed by this restaurant and I saw this black guy chilling with 4 hot white girls. He didn’t even look good.

Then later on in the day I was shopping at Trader Joe’s and saw an Indian guy with 2 above average White Girls!!!

What rage-inducing sights did you guys see today? Don’t you just hate seeing these things when you go out? It just makes you want to quit life.

When another poster said he was being racist, Rodger responded with disbelief that white women were interested in these “undeserving” men instead of him:

I don’t understand how these guys do it.

Here we are suffering on PuaHate when these lesser, undeserving men that I saw today are walking around with hot girls. It doesn’t make sense.

Some of his fellow posters on PuaHate included non-white males, and one, who identified himself as an Asian male, posted the question of whether a certain pair of shoes would help him attract white women. Rodger wasted no time in insulting and bullying him as well, according to Hatewatch.

Shoes won’t help you get white girls. White girls are disgusted by you, silly little Asian.

The other man responded by posting what purported to be photos of himself with an attractive white woman. Rodger dismissed the photos as fake and added:

Full Asian men are disgustingly ugly and white girls would never go for you. You’re just butthurt that you were born as an asian piece of shit, so you lash out by linking these fake pictures. You even admit that you wish you were half white. You’ll never be half-white and you’ll never fulfill your dream of marrying a white woman. I suggest you jump off a bridge.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #317
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvaceousBBWLover View Post
Your point about the NAACP is inaccurate. It isn't the NAACP's fault; it's the fault of the media companies. What we need to do is to get some black/Hispanic folks onto the management/ownership of these companies and then we will see change.

The reason this stuff keeps being made is because people keep buying it. Who is buying it? Young white males between the ages of 19 - 25. Check the data. They are the predominant demographic for this type of entertainment and that's where the money is coming from. Go on Tumblr or Pinterest and type in 'rasta' and you will see mostly white women in dredlocks smoking weed. That's what they think Rastafari is. As much as some of the small distinctions within the black community seem to appall and upset so many people there is never a shortage of people willing to appropriate our images very poorly and sell them to kids who will buy. Then it comes to represents what black males and Rastafarians are all about to those who want to believe. It makes money. There are plenty of people speaking out about the fetishizing of the black community but nobody can hear them over the sound of gangsta rap and Bob Marley being so awesome.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 05-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #318
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

Quote:
"The dreams of men, the seed of commonwealth, the germs of empires."
...And this also... has been one of the dark places of the earth."

- Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness, Part 1

OK Superodalisque, that's it! Since you can't stop talking about Heart of Darkness, I am going to break down and read this book. I have all day tomorrow since I will be on jury duty. LOL

Old 05-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #319
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

Quote:
The reason this stuff keeps being made is because people keep buying it. Who is buying it? Young white males between the ages of 19 - 25. Check the data. They are the predominant demographic for this type of entertainment and that's where the money is coming from. Go on Tumblr or Pinterest and type in 'rasta' and you will see mostly white women in dredlocks smoking weed. That's what they think Rastafari is. As much as some of the small distinctions within the black community seem to appall and upset so many people there is never a shortage of people willing to appropriate our images very poorly and sell them to kids who will buy. Then it comes to represents what black males and Rastafarians are all about to those who want to believe. It makes money. There are plenty of people speaking out about the fetishizing of the black community but nobody can hear them over the sound of gangsta rap and Bob Marley being so awesome.
Essentially they are selling the image that their white customers would prefer to see. It's a 21st century version of minstrelsy.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:16 AM   #320
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
After what I saw after moving to Belmont in 1997 where the predominantly white community was predominantly listening to Jam'n 94.5.....I'm going to have to agree with you.

The question remains, what can be done about it?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:15 AM   #321
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
After what I saw after moving to Belmont in 1997 where the predominantly white community was predominantly listening to Jam'n 94.5.....I'm going to have to agree with you.

The question remains, what can be done about it?
There's not much we can do but just live our lives, keep it real and don't let them find out where we keep all the good liquor.

@~;~~
Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #322
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
There's not much we can do but just live our lives, keep it real and don't let them find out where we keep all the good liquor.
Or the snacks - they have to keep their grubby paws away from the snacks...

But seriously- it's pretty much this - everyone has the right to be happy with whom they choose to be with - if another person cannot understand that - that is their loss...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #323
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A black guy gave me his phone number this AM while I was getting a breakfast burrito at Taco Bell. He introduced himself as "C" and then I said I know that's not the name his momma gave him and he told me it was Clarence lol

Anyways, why aren't white guys aggressive in their approach? I have never been approached by a white man and I've always had to meet white guys that like fat girls online lol So stupid...
FatAndProud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #324
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
A black guy gave me his phone number this AM while I was getting a breakfast burrito at Taco Bell. He introduced himself as "C" and then I said I know that's not the name his momma gave him and he told me it was Clarence lol

Anyways, why aren't white guys aggressive in their approach? I have never been approached by a white man and I've always had to meet white guys that like fat girls online lol So stupid...
Because when it comes to women we're usually scared little bunnies. Although I'm mixed my white side controls on this issue. We think about approaching women all the time but the opportunity usually ends with us not doing anything.

By the way are Taco Bell breakfast burritos any good? Never had one.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #325
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Because when it comes to women we're usually scared little bunnies. Although I'm mixed my white side controls on this issue. We think about approaching women all the time but the opportunity usually ends with us not doing anything.

By the way are Taco Bell breakfast burritos any good? Never had one.
No, they are disgusting lol stick to McDonald's or your own lol I like peppers in mine. They just had sausage, egg and melted shredded cheese. You can also get bacon or steak.

P.S. White guys need to stop being bunnies and work toward being a predator like a lion with big balls. lol
FatAndProud is online now   Reply With Quote