Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 06-20-2014, 03:54 PM   #351
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
watching too any cartoons again? there were no woolly mammoths in europe. and even earlier than that they had very small numbers and a very limited range while they coexisted with humans. they were mainly in siberia and alaska, --not inhabited by europeans but by asians and also hunted by asians. sorry try again. and oh yeah indigenous americans of any type--well none of them were europeans.

Actually Mammuthus primigenius ranged all across Europe, Asia, and North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_...ly_mammoth.png

Also, the wooly mammoth was only one of many mammoth species which were only one genus of Pleistocene megafauna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_megafauna
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #352
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

While were on the subject of ice ages in a thread about the strange behavior of white guys I should note that there was never a single person of color in any of my Quaternary geomorphology classes or Pleistocene environments classes. Just people named Sven, Leif, and Astrid (I'm not kidding).

I guess only white guys think its fun to hike through forests and mountains to examine mud and gravel. One of the many reasons we're misunderstood .
Old 06-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #353
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Actually Mammuthus primigenius ranged all across Europe, Asia, and North America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_...ly_mammoth.png

Also, the wooly mammoth was only one of many mammoth species which were only one genus of Pleistocene megafauna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene_megafauna
the main populations during the lifetime of humans was in Siberia and Alaska. their range had shrunken by that time. and um Siberia and Alaska is Eurasia Asia and North America. Asiatic indigenous peoples were the only peoples known to have hunted them commonly.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #354
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
A black guy gave me his phone number this AM while I was getting a breakfast burrito at Taco Bell. He introduced himself as "C" and then I said I know that's not the name his momma gave him and he told me it was Clarence lol

Anyways, why aren't white guys aggressive in their approach? I have never been approached by a white man and I've always had to meet white guys that like fat girls online lol So stupid...
This is an interesting question. Before I was married I would often approach and was assertive. Sometimes women were receptive, but a large number of them were also suspicious. They assumed I was desperate and just trying to "bang a fattie" even though that was certainly not the case. Still, it's hard to fault them for having their defenses if they've dealt with that in their pasts.

This is one white man's observation, so make of it what you will. I'm married now, but I'd approach you in a heartbeat if I were not.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #355
bigmac

Quote:
Love that song (and the Offspring generally) -- I was listening to them (real loud) as I drove home in my Volvo station wagon last night.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #356
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
While were on the subject of ice ages in a thread about the strange behavior of white guys I should note that there was never a single person of color in any of my Quaternary geomorphology classes or Pleistocene environments classes. Just people named Sven, Leif, and Astrid (I'm not kidding).

I guess only white guys think its fun to hike through forests and mountains to examine mud and gravel. One of the many reasons we're misunderstood .
Even though white guys don't dances, we do rocks.

(Yes, I just exploited a stereotype for the sake of a cheap pun. Deal with it.)
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #357
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post

I dance better than a lot of black guys, fact. A few members of the group have seen me and can testify that.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #358
bigmac

Quote:
the main populations during the lifetime of humans was in Siberia and Alaska. their range had shrunken by that time. and um Siberia and Alaska is Eurasia Asia and North America. Asiatic indigenous peoples were the only peoples known to have hunted them commonly.
Really -- and you know this how?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravettian

Gravettian culture is a phase (c.32,000–22,000 ya) of the European Upper Paleolithic that is characterized by a stone-tool industry with small pointed blades used for big-game hunting (bison, horse, reindeer and mammoth). People in the Gravettian period also used nets to hunt small game. It is divided into two regional groups: the western Gravettian, mostly known from cave sites in France, and the eastern Gravettian, with open sites of specialized mammoth hunters on the plains of central Europe and Russia such as the derivative Pavlovian culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_...the_Gravettian

Animals were a primary food source for early humans of the Gravettian period. In addition to animal carcasses and remains, carbon and nitrogen dating confirm the animal contribution to the diets. Since Europe was extremely cold during this time period, food sources needed to be high in energy and fat content. Testing comparisons among various human remains reveal that populations at higher latitudes placed greater dietary emphasis on meat.

A defining trait that distinguished the Gravettian people was their ease of mobility compared to their Neanderthal counterparts. Modern humans developed the technology and social organization that enabled them to migrate with their food source whereas Neanderthals were not adept at travelling, even with relatively sedentary herds.

With their ability to move with the herds, Gravettian diets incorporated a huge variety of animal prey. The main factor for which animal was hunted at a particular time was based on age and size. For example, first year deer offered the best hides, while fourth year deer offered the most flesh for consumption. Mammoths were a prime food source for the people of Central Europe. It is believed that human exploitation, in this manner, has led to their extinction. Gravettian diets also consisted of hyenas, wolves and reindeer. Herds and packs that lived within close proximity to them often served as part of the food source. More common meat sources were hares and foxes, captured communally with nets. This time period is classified by the strong emphasis on meat consumption because agriculture had not been fully introduced nor utilized. In addition, the climate was not favorable to stable crop cultivation.

Coastal Gravettians incorporated another food source: marine protein. From several sources of remains found in Italy and Wales, carbon dating reveals that 20-30% of Gravettian diets of coastal peoples consisted of sea animals. Populations of lower latitudes relied more on shell fish and fish while higher latitudes’ diets consisted of seals.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #359
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Really -- and you know this how?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravettian

Gravettian culture is a phase (c.32,000–22,000 ya) of the European Upper Paleolithic that is characterized by a stone-tool industry with small pointed blades used for big-game hunting (bison, horse, reindeer and mammoth). People in the Gravettian period also used nets to hunt small game. It is divided into two regional groups: the western Gravettian, mostly known from cave sites in France, and the eastern Gravettian, with open sites of specialized mammoth hunters on the plains of central Europe and Russia such as the derivative Pavlovian culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_...the_Gravettian

Animals were a primary food source for early humans of the Gravettian period. In addition to animal carcasses and remains, carbon and nitrogen dating confirm the animal contribution to the diets. Since Europe was extremely cold during this time period, food sources needed to be high in energy and fat content. Testing comparisons among various human remains reveal that populations at higher latitudes placed greater dietary emphasis on meat.

A defining trait that distinguished the Gravettian people was their ease of mobility compared to their Neanderthal counterparts. Modern humans developed the technology and social organization that enabled them to migrate with their food source whereas Neanderthals were not adept at travelling, even with relatively sedentary herds.

With their ability to move with the herds, Gravettian diets incorporated a huge variety of animal prey. The main factor for which animal was hunted at a particular time was based on age and size. For example, first year deer offered the best hides, while fourth year deer offered the most flesh for consumption. Mammoths were a prime food source for the people of Central Europe. It is believed that human exploitation, in this manner, has led to their extinction. Gravettian diets also consisted of hyenas, wolves and reindeer. Herds and packs that lived within close proximity to them often served as part of the food source. More common meat sources were hares and foxes, captured communally with nets. This time period is classified by the strong emphasis on meat consumption because agriculture had not been fully introduced nor utilized. In addition, the climate was not favorable to stable crop cultivation.

Coastal Gravettians incorporated another food source: marine protein. From several sources of remains found in Italy and Wales, carbon dating reveals that 20-30% of Gravettian diets of coastal peoples consisted of sea animals. Populations of lower latitudes relied more on shell fish and fish while higher latitudes’ diets consisted of seals.
because i did graduate studies in eurasian/russian culture and history and my info does not come from god knows who wikipedia

Last edited by superodalisque; 06-22-2014 at 03:45 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #360
superodalisque

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/ice-age-extinctions-why-did-alaskas-woolly-mammoth-disappear

Ice Age extinctions: Why did Alaska's woolly mammoth disappear?

...But a new exhaustive study that compared genetic material from thousands of fossil remains to climatic and human factors over the past 50,000 years has concluded that each of these storybook species survived -- or disappeared -- for their own unique reasons.

In particular, the fates of six iconic Ice age herbivores — woolly rhinoceros, woolly mammoth, wild horse, reindeer, bison and musk ox — can’t be blamed on a single cause such as climate change or overhunting.

“We find that neither the effects of climate nor human occupation alone can explain the megafauna extinctions,” wrote a team of 55 scientists from 11 countries in a study published this week in the prestigious journal Nature.

“Rather, our results demonstrate that changes in megafauna abundance are idiosyncratic, with each species (and even continental populations within species) responding differently to the effects of climate change, habitat redistribution and human encroachment.”

The study portrays an ecologically complex picture that spans two continents and about 50 millennia, the same period that saw the rise of modern humans. Despite the popular notion that prehistoric hunters overran peacefully grazing herds all over the Far North, people simply didn’t target -- or rarely even saw -- several of the species. Over the course of tens of thousands of years, climate change alone appears to be the major cause of the extinction of the woolly rhinoceros and the Eurasian musk ox. (Musk ox survived in North America and Greenland, and were reintroduced into Alaska in the 1930s.)

Last edited by superodalisque; 06-22-2014 at 03:58 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #361
bigmac

I actually don't totally buy into the thesis that paleolithic hunters cause the extinction of mega fauna. However, the issue of whether or not hunters caused mega fauna extinction is separated and distinct from the issue of whether or not a group hunted mega fauna.

The Wikipedia articles I cited are fully cited and in accord with all the other literature. My senior thesis was dealt with the extinction of Pleistocene mega fauna.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #362
bigmac

From black guys out competing white guys to the hunting patterns of stone age Europeans -- got to love this site.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #363
superodalisque

the idea of meat consumption relative to vegetable matter by early man is basically a romantic idea with very little real basis in fact.

Meat Consumption: Evolution and Progress

Hamburg, Germany

18 October 2000

Guest Editors: H K Biesalski, S Truswell and M Hill

Readers are referred to European Journal of Clinical Nutrition Volume 56 Supplement 1, March 2002 for other papers presented at this meeting

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v.../1601646a.html

The artefactual evidence for diet is poor, especially from earlier periods. In Palaeolithic Africa and Europe stone tools have been inferred to have been used for hunting and butchering animals. Almost no plant remains survive, and animal bones have marks on them to indicate that they were butchered and hunted. However, there is a danger of placing too much emphasis on this evidence, as Marion Nestle writes 'Since bones are better preserved than vegetable matter, they give the impression that hunted animals must have been primary food sources' (Nestle, 1999, p 215).

Old 06-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #364
superodalisque

Quote:
From black guys out competing white guys to the hunting patterns of stone age Europeans -- got to love this site.
fun
Old 06-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #365
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

On vacation last week in Virginia.

On the beach, wife was hit on by several men, black and white men alike. When she flashed the wedding band, the black men apologized and moved on. White men would try to tell her "It's vacation."
Old 06-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #366
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Quote:
Now unless someone is an anthropology freak... I'm sure this type of conversation would win many dates over for sure...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #367
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I dance better than a lot of black guys, fact. A few members of the group have seen me and can testify that.
Well then what we have here is the Classic Sputnik Monroe and Norvell Austin Wrasslin moment....

Roscoe Monroe Brumbaugh.

Debuting as "Rock Monroe" in 1945, Monroe began his career by wrestling in traveling carnivals. He changed his name to "Rocky Monroe" in 1949, and adopted the nickname of "Sputnik" in 1957.

Monroe was a noteworthy figure in Memphis cultural history. During a period where segregation was the norm at public events, he, as the biggest wrestling draw at the time, refused to perform unless black patrons were allowed to sit in any seat at the Ellis Auditorium

Sputnik Monroe and Norvell Austin (NWA Florida Tag Team Champions circa 1971 9r 1974)

Sputnik's Memphis comeback in the early 70s tag-teaming with Norvell Austin in one of the first interracial heel tag teams in the South. Sputnik Monroe, who had already been instrumental in integrating Memphis' public spaces, would draw crowds once again, stirring redneck hate by preaching love of all races....

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojodi View Post
On vacation last week in Virginia.

On the beach, wife was hit on by several men, black and white men alike. When she flashed the wedding band, the black men apologized and moved on. White men would try to tell her "It's vacation."
Now did these guys hit on your wife with you there...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #368
bigmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Now unless someone is an anthropology freak... I'm sure this type of conversation would win many dates over for sure...
Which is why I always tried to say as little as possible on first dates. Ironically my ex -- who I hardly said a word to our first night -- was an anthropology major.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #369
bigmac

At least one white guy got game. This evening, in the Trader Joe's parking lot, I saw an old white guy (about 70) walking and holding hands with not one but two BBWs, both at least twenty years younger than he was.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #370
superodalisque

Quote:
At least one white guy got game. This evening, in the Trader Joe's parking lot, I saw an old white guy (about 70) walking and holding hands with not one but two BBWs, both at least twenty years younger than he was.
that sure wasn't down here. you'd be much more likely to see one seventy year old white BBW woman holding the hands of two 50 yr old black guys lol. i wonder which one will die first :P

please excuse if you feel this is ageist.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #371
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
that sure wasn't down here. you'd be much more likely to see one seventy year old white BBW woman holding the hands of two 50 yr old black guys lol. i wonder which one will die first :P

please excuse if you feel this is ageist.
Another great post by Superodalisque. I wish I could rep her, but the system won't let me.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #372
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Well then what we have here is the Classic Sputnik Monroe and Norvell Austin Wrasslin moment....

Roscoe Monroe Brumbaugh.

Debuting as "Rock Monroe" in 1945, Monroe began his career by wrestling in traveling carnivals. He changed his name to "Rocky Monroe" in 1949, and adopted the nickname of "Sputnik" in 1957.

Monroe was a noteworthy figure in Memphis cultural history. During a period where segregation was the norm at public events, he, as the biggest wrestling draw at the time, refused to perform unless black patrons were allowed to sit in any seat at the Ellis Auditorium

Sputnik Monroe and Norvell Austin (NWA Florida Tag Team Champions circa 1971 9r 1974)

Sputnik's Memphis comeback in the early 70s tag-teaming with Norvell Austin in one of the first interracial heel tag teams in the South. Sputnik Monroe, who had already been instrumental in integrating Memphis' public spaces, would draw crowds once again, stirring redneck hate by preaching love of all races....

----------------------------------------------------------

Now did these guys hit on your wife with you there...
One did, someone with a huge ego. She was hit on while shopping: she told me immediately after, as she did when some would while she sunned and I was in the water.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #373
bigmac

Quote:
No, they are disgusting lol stick to McDonald's or your own lol I like peppers in mine. They just had sausage, egg and melted shredded cheese. You can also get bacon or steak.

P.S. White guys need to stop being bunnies and work toward being a predator like a lion with big balls. lol

Do you really want to live in a world where packs of clueless white guys troll for dates on every street corner?
Old 06-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #374
Rojodi

Quote:
Do you really want to live in a world where packs of clueless white guys troll for dates on every street corner?
Isn't that Las Vegas? Or Orlando?
Old 06-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #375
superodalisque

Quote:
they don't have to be clueless unless they don't know how to say hello or start a convo at all