Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 07-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #451
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

The days of middle managers marrying their secretaries and doctors marrying pretty nurses are long gone. Marriageable guys look for mates with similar levels of education and earning power. Its called assortative mating.

http://www.economist.com/news/united...sex-brains-and

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ortive-mating/

Guys have a limited amount of time and money to devote to dating. To efficiently allocate these scarce resources potential dates need to be vetted. This is impossible to do before approaching random women. Internet dating, however, is great for initial screening. The smart dating strategy is to avoid random encounters and initiate contact only with potential mates who are likely to possess the required minimum qualifications.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #452
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
anything decent in life takes effort unless someone believes in fairy tales. people don't drop into one another's lap just because. it takes some personal intimate work to meet and to make it work.
Marriages between college educated professionals are by far the most stable. So yes relationships take work. Making oneself worth keeping takes work.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2010/...-marriage-gap/

http://online.wsj.com/articles/book-...ahn-1403295461
Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #453
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Marriages between college educated professionals are by far the most stable. So yes relationships take work. Making oneself worth keeping takes work.

making an effort to get to know someone also takes work. people can't just jump out with credentials and say "here i am!" some people think it's enough. that's why all of these perfect people with perfect creds and money in the bank looking exactly as society says they should look are still single long termed when they don't want to be. they look good, sound good on paper but they have absolutely no idea about what it really takes to make an honest connection with someone. sure some manage to attract emotionally and socially immature people for a while but if they don't make an effort to connect no matter how much money education or social stature they achieve they still get left, especially when people understand life is too short and they don't want to live half a life. they don't want to look into the face of someone who is never really going to try to do anything to really be close to them for one more day.

thinking that things titles stuff and externals are going to make things work rather than who the person actually is exactly why the divorce rate is so high. externals are only a hint but you have to do a heck of a lot more investigation to figure people out and that doesn't mean asking them dumb questions about race. it means taking the time to observe people instead of asking foolish cursory questions that can do nothing but show how emotionally and intellectually out of touch a person is. the only person learning anything is the person on the receiving end of such a question. people can say anything. grown people know it's what they do that actually matters.

if someone has the balls to ask such a dumbass question about race they had better at least have the guts to say hello or ask somebody out for coffee or a drink.

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-01-2014 at 10:06 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #454
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
making an effort to get to know someone also takes work. people can't just jump out with credentials and say "here i am!" some people think it's enough. that's why all of these perfect people with perfect creds and money in the bank looking exactly as society says they should look are still single long termed when they don't want to be. they look good, sound good on paper but they have absolutely no idea about what it really takes to make an honest connection with someone. sure some manage to attract emotionally and socially immature people for a while but if they don't make an effort to connect no matter how much money education or social stature they achieve they still get left, especially when people understand life is too short and they don't want to live half a life. they don't want to look into the face of someone who is never really going to try to do anything to really be close to them for one more day.

thinking that things titles stuff and externals are going to make things work rather than who the person actually is exactly why the divorce rate is so high. externals are only a hint but you have to do a heck of a lot more investigation to figure people out and that doesn't mean asking them dumb questions about race. it means taking the time to observe people instead of asking foolish cursory questions that can do nothing but show how emotionally and intellectually out of touch a person is. the only person learning anything is the person on the receiving end of such a question. people can say anything. grown people know it's what they do that actually matters.

if someone has the balls to ask such a dumbass question about race they had better at least have the guts to say hello or ask somebody out for coffee or a drink.
simple.... Just combine both. "How do you like your coffee"?
And... "How much sugar do you like"?

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by tonynyc; 07-01-2014 at 10:26 PM.
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:10 AM   #455
bigmac

If anyone ever tells me "we have to work on our relationship" my response will be "sure, I'm going to the store to get some cigarettes, we can start as soon as I get back." (I don't smoke.)
Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #456
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
If anyone ever tells me "we have to work on our relationship" my response will be "sure, I'm going to the store to get some cigarettes, we can start as soon as I get back." (I don't smoke.)
Since you are at the store... and cigarettes won't do snacks may be required...

these cookies seem appropriate for this thread

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 07-02-2014, 04:43 PM   #457
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I believe I understand your perspective on this but I also think you wouldn't be closed-minded if someone came to you and said something along the lines of I feel like there is a problem between us - could we please talk? I think it is all in the matter of the approach and if there is an established pattern of open communication between you both (regardless of subject matter), then being able to listen and discuss concerns would be o.k. (hope this makes sense?)

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #458
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was called my best friend's mother. I feel like I've hit MILF status.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #459
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
if you think it will falls in your lap and you'll never have to work on it then i feel sorry for you. it's like enrolling in college and never going to class.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #460
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
simple.... Just combine both. "How do you like your coffee"?
And... "How much sugar do you like"?
no thank you. i'm honestly allergic to coffee and i don't drink koolaide.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #461
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love how you two bicker like a married couple.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #462
superodalisque

Quote:

they aren't stable just because they are college educated they're more stable because they are already the types of people who apply themselves to whatever they do. i bet a lot of them are not averse to actually working on a relationship. they are the kind people who realize that investing time in anything you want to be successful at will pay off. they didn't expect degrees or successful thesis papers to fall in their laps they don't expect good marriages or relationships to happen that way either. only kids believe in magic and happily ever after with absolutely nothing bringing the end result about.

it reminds me of some of the people on dims who somehow get the idea that being fat around an FA will solve all of their relationship wants or wishes. it's just a lot of oversimplified fantastical drivel.

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-02-2014 at 09:26 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #463
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Couldn't agree more Tried to rep you but am out of them - sorry!

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #464
superodalisque

Quote:
hey! i'm getting ready to go to sleep. don't give me nightmares !!!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #465
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
'
This thread is filled with fucking magic- kind of like going from zero-to-infinity and beyond ... I mean - you can wonder if someone is going to ask you out - then you can jump to "Are they going to remember to keep the toilet seat up?"

also date powerlifters or arm wrestlers....

Quote:
no thank you. i'm honestly allergic to coffee and i don't drink koolaide.
Quote:
hey! i'm getting ready to go to sleep. don't give me nightmares !!!
See this is the source of your problems and since "adult" theme drinks like coffee are out and you don't do kiddie drinks like "koolaide" then the best drink for your nightmares is a bodybuilders fav called HYPHY MUD -

HYPHY MUD recipe

homemade pre workout energy drink made popular by actor and body builder Kali Muscle.

Mud stands for "make u dangerous" He and others developed the drink while incarcerated.

It consists of 1-3 teaspoons of instant coffee and a few ounces of pepsi or your own preference of caffeinated beverage. Although simple it is quite effective.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:51 PM   #466
bigmac

Quote:
they aren't stable just because they are college educated they're more stable because they are already the types of people who apply themselves to whatever they do. i bet a lot of them are not averse to actually working on a relationship. they are the kind people who realize that investing time in anything you want to be successful at will pay off. they didn't expect degrees or successful thesis papers to fall in their laps they don't expect good marriages or relationships to happen that way either. only kids believe in magic and happily ever after with absolutely nothing bringing the end result about.

Actually its all about economics. College educated professionals make enough money to make marriage viable. And when both parties are college educated professionals it makes economic sense to stay together (the cute secretary or pool boy isn't worth the risk of loosing a lucrative partnership).
Old 07-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #467
FatAndProud

This thread is closed as I have chosen to remain single and fohgeddaboud men for awhile. It gets me nowhere but sad and confused. lol I still like chest hair and penises
Old 07-03-2014, 01:18 AM   #468
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
This thread is closed as I have chosen to remain single and fohgeddaboud men for awhile. It gets me nowhere but sad and confused. lol I still like chest hair and penises
Impotent Rage may be available
Old 07-03-2014, 06:38 AM   #469
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
You are not going to be single for long......

Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #470
bbwbud

bbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I was called my best friend's mother. I feel like I've hit MILF status.
Congratulations! The only thing hotter than a MILF is a GILF...
bbwbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #471
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I think lawyers are conceited. Lawyers and politicians have to be changed like diapers and for the same reason lol
I think lawyers are the biggest assholes on the face of the earth.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #472
bigmac

Quote:
I think lawyers are conceited. Lawyers and politicians have to be changed like diapers and for the same reason lol
I'm not that kind of lawyer. I actually tell people that when they want to know why I don't have more money than I do.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #473
FatAndProud

Quote:
I'm not that kind of lawyer. I actually tell people that when they want to know why I don't have more money than I do.
That's good. I like the sexy lawyers that wear suspenders with their suit.....and a good silk tie to ....Ok, if you have seen "The Secretary", I'm just saying..
Old 07-04-2014, 04:53 AM   #474
bigmac

Quote:
That's good. I like the sexy lawyers that wear suspenders with their suit.....and a good silk tie to ....Ok, if you have seen "The Secretary", I'm just saying..
Not that kind of lawyer either. I hate ties so I refuse to pay more than a dollar for them -- thus all my ties come from thrift stores. I go for the absentminded professor look.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #475
superodalisque

Quote:
The days of middle managers marrying their secretaries and doctors marrying pretty nurses are long gone. Marriageable guys look for mates with similar levels of education and earning power. Its called assortative mating.

http://www.economist.com/news/united...sex-brains-and

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ortive-mating/

Guys have a limited amount of time and money to devote to dating. To efficiently allocate these scarce resources potential dates need to be vetted. This is impossible to do before approaching random women. Internet dating, however, is great for initial screening. The smart dating strategy is to avoid random encounters and initiate contact only with potential mates who are likely to possess the required minimum qualifications.
scarcity myth in action
check out what men commonly spend on sports or anything else that gives them pleasure. men are not pragmatic when it comes to cost v pleasure. having been forced to do marketing and having worked in advertising here we charted actual numbers i know better.