Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Great Deals at the Grocery Store

You all know the kind...the deals that are almost absurd and will probably never be seen again anytime soon.

This weekend I found Hillshire Farm Sweet Italian Sausage stuffed with mozzarella and peppers. A 12 ounce package went for 97 cents. I am kicking myself for only picking up four of them.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Last week I got a 1 lb package of hotdogs (chicken and pork) for 87 cents. And they weren't bad! I don't remember the brand (it's not a well known brand).
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

early in the mornings our local grocery store marks down it's meats that didn't sell well or are almost at date...we get great deals that way. i got 2lbs of ground turkey for 2.39 for the package.

earlier this spring went to sams club to get meat before our card expired. i saw the hamburger was much cheaper by the case. i got a case of 90/10 grind hamburger (which is normally almost 5 dollars a pound at our local market) for like 2.89 a pound. the hard part was bagging it up and making enough room in our freezer...lol. i haven't bought burger in months...
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

hmm...most recent one I can think of was 8 oz packs of Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese for .99 ea. I think I bought 10. For, you know, cheese emergencies.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #5
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
hmm...most recent one I can think of was 8 oz packs of Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar cheese for .99 ea. I think I bought 10. For, you know, cheese emergencies.
One can never have enough cheese on hand for such emergencies
(cheese is the only reason i'm not vegan)
Old 04-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
Missamanda
Feels like thunder

Missamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this board

Picked up all the tuna steaks the store had. Normally i have to pay 6-7 dollars a piece for them. Not today. $1.99.

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
Missamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I go to Grocery Outlet often and find GREAT prices on meat substitutes. YEsterday i got a package of bbq "chicken" wings for 99 cents. Stuff like that usually goes for about $4 at a regular store.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
NEVER, EVER enough cheese!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #9
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

food lion (our local middle of the road store) was having the small bottle of arm and hammer laundry soap last week for 1.99! you could only get 4, but I scooped them up!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #10
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

was at food lion and they had cooked perfect chicken bites on clearance for 1.49 a bag. i snagged about 6 bags. tried them and they are ok. the chicken reminds me of the same sort of chicken they use in the prefab stuffed chicken breasts (like filled with broccoli or kiev). were pretty good taste and a great deal.

Attachment 115871
Old 10-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

i was at food lion and found a box (of 2) of those stuffed chicken breasts that are pre-coated. they were stuffed with sauce and parm cheese. got them on final closeout for .89 for the box of 2! they must have been ditching that particular flavor since the other ones (ie kiev) were not marked down.

we had them for dinner the other night. they baked up nice and were tasty.

Attachment 116979
Old 10-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i was at food lion and found a box (of 2) of those stuffed chicken breasts that are pre-coated. they were stuffed with sauce and parm cheese. got them on final closeout for .89 for the box of 2! they must have been ditching that particular flavor since the other ones (ie kiev) were not marked down.

we had them for dinner the other night. they baked up nice and were tasty.

Attachment 116979
That is really a great price! That kind of stuff goes for $4.00 around here. Unfortunately, food in Arkansas is very expensive.
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote