Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-13-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
Dex

Dex can now change their title
Default Regrets

Hi, just siting here thinking about regrets. Mine, well I am now an older guy, 52 to be precise and have always had a thing for fat. I am at a point in my life where I am comfortably confident and would love to gain weight but my age/health are now concerns, greater than they would be if I were a 20 year old. I often wish that I had been able to gain weight when I were younger and had found a woman who shared my interest in that, a mutual gainer if you like. I'm at 250 pounds at the moment, (30 pounds gained in 2013) and the heaviest I have been in my entire life and love having a belly that hangs over my waistband. Catching a reflection of it in a window always has the effect of exciting me.
I would dearly love to gain another 50 pounds but the age/health thing intervenes. Sometimes I think, just do it and enjoy the fat. Having a woman who would be encouraging and supportive would be nice and even one who would add a few pounds with me would be desirable. I digress.
Does anyone else have similar regrets? What are the thoughts of readers here on my situation?
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes, similar regrets, tempered with thoughts that there are lots of paths not taken I wish I could have also explored. I'm pretty pleased with how my life has gone, so it isn't like I wish I could go back to 22 years old and cancel all of this out and do things all differently. On the other hand, yah, I do wish that someone I'd slid in at least a few years of exploring and indulging my fat desires more thoroughly.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
dblbellybhm
Live, Learn, Grow

dblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot pics

I too have similar regrets. Since I was very young I have desired to be fat and to gain weight. By the fourth grade I was in the "husky" world, having gained 30 lbs. over the summer vacation. In high school I was very actively gaining weight but after high school things kind of tapered off though the thought of gaining was always exciting. Now that I am older I have recently allowed myself to give in to the old desires but the issues of health are more on my mind. I too have had a good life but I have always wondered what it would have been like to fully explore my desires. As we age I feel it is only natural to wonder more about the health ramifications of weight gain, realizing that, for me, it will most likely temper the efforts.
dblbellybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have to say this is a great thread to read for younger members like myself. It inspires me to make the most of my youth and health and just do things that make me happy! Thanks for sharing guys!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've developed neuropathy in my feet. The "old man's disease", my mobility is limited by the amount of pain my feet feel by the end of day when walking barefoot on a smooth surface (sidewalk, tile floor) feels like a gravel road. I take meds for this so I can sleep at night, but I'm unable to drive or operate heavy machinery. (hey Fuzz! come help me drive my bulldozer..)

What I miss most is being able to do things that a younger Fuzzy used to do like backpack and ski and spelunk, etc. *le sigh*
Old 03-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #6
Dex

Dex can now change their title

Thanks for the replies. Yes, Loopytheone, enjoy what you can when you are young and if you want to do something, do it as you may never get a second chance. I have come full circle so to speak, now back at almost where I started, with NOTHING! I've had the jobs, houses, cars and all the other materialistic junk that goes with the preferred lifestyle of the masses. Two marriages under my belt, two wonderful kids that I have seen twice in 12 years as they are back in the UK with my first wife and two grand children that I have yet to see. Right now, I am contemplating just getting on a plane and going back to the UK as the US has nothing to offer me any more.
Just waiting to be fined now for not being able to afford Obamacare! A little more advice for the young uns, make it a goal in life to retire at around 50....take it from me, after that age, you are not going to be taken seriously by most employers despite what experience you may have.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think the key is; what do you want to end most between loneliness vs potential emptiness (if you don't gain/experience life 50+lbs from now). In an ideal world the best of both worlds would be available, though as a mutual gaining bhm its not always the case. I've read cases where some settled as their spouse has them undress always in the dark; and other cases where some go overboard when given the slightest bit of interest.
If there is nothing for you literally here in the States, there's nothing wrong with going across the pond where you can be more accessible to family and go to clubs, churches etc over there.
Although between Fat Doctor, Supersize vs Superskinny; it seems there is more overt televised hate for fatties in the UK, than the subversive subliminal messages here.
Best of Luck whether here or abroad.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoNegro View Post
I think the key is; what do you want to end most between loneliness vs potential emptiness (if you don't gain/experience life 50+lbs from now). In an ideal world the best of both worlds would be available, though as a mutual gaining bhm its not always the case. I've read cases where some settled as their spouse has them undress always in the dark; and other cases where some go overboard when given the slightest bit of interest.
If there is nothing for you literally here in the States, there's nothing wrong with going across the pond where you can be more accessible to family and go to clubs, churches etc over there.
Although between Fat Doctor, Supersize vs Superskinny; it seems there is more overt televised hate for fatties in the UK, than the subversive subliminal messages here.
Best of Luck whether here or abroad.
I have to say that getting bigger or gaining doesn't mean you have to be lonely. My fiance is gaining and I think it is amazing. There are plenty of women who think similar, as the FFA/BHM board shows!

I do agree that if there is nothing for you in the US then there is no shame in returning home. You have to do what is best for you at this time in your life and if that is to be closer to your family and your loved ones then that is what you should do, in my opinion.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote