Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Foods you have given up

Due to health reasons, moral reasons, religious reasons, or they just don't do it for you anymore.

I m pretty sure I have finally kicked the Coke habit. It's been water, coffee, tea, and Kool Aid (lemon lime flavor rocks!)the past few weeks and I don't miss them at all. I got a taste of a Coke on ice and it did nothing for me.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Due to digestive issues, I've had to avoid a bunch of things for the last several years. Some I still crave like crazy, some I think I can say I'm over, that the appeal isn't really there any more. In the latter category are:

- beer. I missed it like crazy for the longest time, but it has been long enough that I don't get those cravings anymore (I can't say the same about wine, although that may be that my reaction is not so bad, so I have a little bit occasionally)

- bought pizza (It is the dehydrated onion and garlic, used in the flavouring of pretty much all pizza's and sauces that is the problem; can make pizza at home that avoids those, but it isn't the same really). At work we order pizza in fairly often for lunch sessions and the like, and at first I'd crave it so badly or give in and have a slice. Anymore, however, all I can really tasted is the dehydrated onion and garlic (I've become very sensitive to them) and they turn me off. So it no longer really appeals (although I still have nostalgic memories of diving into really good pizzas)
Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Phantasia
Get off my lawn!

Phantasia can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhantasia can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhantasia can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have finally given up artificial sweeteners, especially diet Coke. I have a lot more energy and feel less bloated. Now I drink sparkling water and coffee.
Phantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Unhappy

Seafood. I am not much of a fish eater other than Tilapia, so I have always enjoyed the other stuff. Shrimp, crab legs, lobster.

Unfortunately due to allergies, i can no longer eat any shellfish.

I MISS SHRIMP and LOBSTER and CRAB LEGS!!!!!!!!! in butter!
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
Missamanda
Feels like thunder

Missamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this board

Milk, Orange juice (gives me terrible heartburn), Coke.
Missamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Since an ulcer I developed during/after my divorce, I'm unable to drink orange juice, even extremely diluted, which is distressing because it's my favorite juice, and no, low acid causes extreme pain too.

Also, probably due to the ulcer, I'm increasingly finding that tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato juice, V8, etc. are causing pain. As an Italian, I'm afraid my card is going to be revoked.

While I completely avoid OJ, I keep trying with small amounts of tomatoes with limited success. I happen to be allergic to nightshades but with tomatoes it was always just a mild reaction which I could live with. Now, not so much.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Anything in the animal kingdom.

Soda pop. It quit tasting good about five years ago, for some reason.

Navel oranges. Like the other posters, I find them too acidic. Tangerines, blood oranges, and clementines are fine, though.

Commercial ice cream: it's all froth. I'll hold out for a gelato or frozen custard, thanks.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fried foods and OJ
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
Missamanda
Feels like thunder

Missamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this board

forgot about fried foods also. Gives me terrible indigestion. Lately I'm eating more like a rabbit.
Missamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #10
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have to follow a lowcarb diet to help manage my blood glucose levels. I really haven't given up anything as in 100% never, ever have again in my life. But since I only have a certain "budget" of carbohydrates to work with every day, I tend to avoid a lot of things so that I can have more of others. I like to spend my daily carb budget on lots of vegetables with a little bit of cheese and a small portion of beans or nuts. So I avoid sweets, snack foods, starchy vegetables, grains (even whole grains), most fruit, and most dairy. When I have a craving for one of those things, I just work a small portion into my "budget".

It kind of sucks but it's what I have to do in order to be healthy right now.

Tracy
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM   #11
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Food that tastes good, pop, and penis.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #12
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
It won't let me rep Fat&Proud.
For me bratwurst, knockwurst, chorizo, Mcdonald's big breakfast sausage. Italian sausage and peppers. Just nightmare city.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #13
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
wow.. I could never give up penis. lol
Old 03-25-2014, 09:02 AM   #14
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
wow.. I could never give up penis. lol
You will when enough are attached to jerks lol
Old 03-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #15
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Attached? I thought you posted recently about keeping your knives sharp...
Old 03-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #16
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
That is the only downside... But you have to take the good with the bad. I enjoy the good parts.. then leave the jerk to himself..lol

That sounds cruel..lol
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #17
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
That is the only downside... But you have to take the good with the bad. I enjoy the good parts.. then leave the jerk to himself..lol

That sounds cruel..lol
No. There is no good penis and really good penis. We are not talking about pizza here. I need a gentleman first, and the best penis ever later. lol

Tried Kale today, almost died. But I will continue to eat it, despite its gross bitterness. It's nutrient dense! Arrrrgh.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I only eat kale when its been cut up and mixed with other greens like romaine, cabbage, green onions (and crispy fried onions, cheddar tortilla strips, and bbq ranch dressing)
Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM   #19
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

I buy kale at least once a week. I particularly like to chop it into bite-sized bits, mix it with slices of apple and grape -- and maybe a couple of fingerling carrots -- and feed it to my rabbit.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #20
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I gave up boiled cucumbers for aesthetic reasons.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #21
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Tried Kale today, almost died. But I will continue to eat it, despite its gross bitterness. It's nutrient dense! Arrrrgh.
baby kale is pretty darned good. It's mild. I agree with the ickyness of grown up kale. I get baby organic kale at costco to put in my salads. They also have a super greens mix now that i like. It's so flavorful.

As for what i've given up.. hmm. I can't eat store bought pizza anymore. It gives me indigestion and heartburn. I seem to do okay if i limit myself to one or two slices of Costco pizza but no other kind works. That's okay since i like home made pizza way more. (Green olives are not put on pizzas here)

I gave up all dairy except cheese and am working on that. I'm in the process of giving up chips too. I'm trying to clean my diet out. I've started to experience chronic pain and think losing a few lbs will help.. that and the less weight will help me in martial arts since tae kwon do has a lot of jumping and i don't jump well at all. (I'm scheduled to graduate to a high yellow belt at the end of next month eek!)
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #22
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
baby kale is pretty darned good. It's mild. I agree with the ickyness of grown up kale. I get baby organic kale at costco to put in my salads. They also have a super greens mix now that i like. It's so flavorful.

As for what i've given up.. hmm. I can't eat store bought pizza anymore. It gives me indigestion and heartburn. I seem to do okay if i limit myself to one or two slices of Costco pizza but no other kind works. That's okay since i like home made pizza way more. (Green olives are not put on pizzas here)

I gave up all dairy except cheese and am working on that. I'm in the process of giving up chips too. I'm trying to clean my diet out. I've started to experience chronic pain and think losing a few lbs will help.. that and the less weight will help me in martial arts since tae kwon do has a lot of jumping and i don't jump well at all. (I'm scheduled to graduate to a high yellow belt at the end of next month eek!)
well hot damn! you go girl! Congrats!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #23
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a pescetarian, so the only meat I eat is fish. There is some seafood that I won't eat though; shark, octopus and cuttlefish. Part of me wants to cut out dairy for ethical reasons, but as a broke grad student I'm reluctant to narrow my easily affordable food choices right now. That and cheese is delicious.

Due to food allergies there's a lot of fruit, some nuts, and carrots that I can't eat raw.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #24
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I'm a pescetarian. . .
I could be one except for all of that predestination shit.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #25
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to give up dairy products because my lactose intolerant has reemerged, something I haven't have since I was a baby.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote