Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #26
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love a man's natural scent. It's hard to explain lol It's definitely different from sweaty balls.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #27
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I love a man's natural scent. It's hard to explain lol It's definitely different from sweaty balls.
lol.. Yes.... which is why women enjoy wearing the shirts of their boyfriends.. it is not the cologne. It is their natural scent that is appealing.

But a man in a good cologne is nice too!

BUT PLEASE NO SWEATY BALLS!!!!!
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #28
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When guys rub their balls or adjust or just feel like playin with the ol sack, we always smell our fingers.

If a man says otherwise, he be a lyin foo
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #29
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just came across this:
http://eastwestbottlers.com/

I may seriously buy a bottle cause why not
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #30
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Are the broads from the board allowed to join in? Perfume etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I would like to add a twist to this one though. Fellas, list what you wear and what you have and a brief description of why you like them. Also, if you feel like it, list any you have had and don't particularly care for and why. Another thing, do you prefer aftershave or cologne?
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #31
gotigersgo2000

gotigersgo2000 is a member of the 500 clubgotigersgo2000 is a member of the 500 clubgotigersgo2000 is a member of the 500 clubgotigersgo2000 is a member of the 500 clubgotigersgo2000 is a member of the 500 clubgotigersgo2000 is a member of the 500 club
Default To Surly and all the ladies of the board...

Yes, please feel free to join in. We love y'all, so jump in, the water's warm.

As for my favorite scents for me...

Currently, I have YSL Pour Homme, though it is a bit sweeter than I thought it would be, so it's reserved for special occasions.

My everyday cologne is C.O. Bigelow and Barber "Blue Elixer" that can be found at Bath and Body Works. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on it over the years.

For years, I wore Curve and it always went well for me. Might have to pick up a bottle again.

It is always important to find a scent that works for you. Not everyone's chemistry works with every scent. Try a dab and walk around.

As for the showering issue, I shower AT LEAST once a day, sometimes more. I understand the appeal of the au natural scent, but I don't feel right without showering.

Also, gentlemen, please do not bathe yourself in cologne. A spritz or two on the wrist and the same on the neck, and you're good to go. Plus, it gets costly if you bathe yourself in good cologne. Let me further it by saying that it is a good idea to use soaps and shampoos with neutral or complimenting scents, rather than contrasting, as it can wreak havoc on the purpose of your cologne and make you smell noxious. Also, baby powder (no cornstarch), talcum, or unscented Gold Bond are your friends in the warmer times.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #32
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treach View Post
As a fat guy I feel like I owe it to society to shower at least once a day.
you should do what makes you feel good, of course. i'm just saying personally, few things turn me on faster than a sweaty fat guy. it's the epitome of sexy.
terpsichore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #33
Post_Ironic

Post_Ironic can now change their title

I wear mostly unisex scents, or very slightly to the masculine side. I seem to have a strange dichotomy with regards to fragrance of adoring both the more extreme side of concept scents, and then also adoring certain classic scent. However, I cannot stand high sillage. I don't want anyone else smelling what's on me unless they're closer than arm's length.

On my shelf right now...

1. Oud Shamash ~ The Different Company

My favourite creation by Bertrand Duchaufour which is saying something. It only has a hint of the raw animalic quality of Oudh which I much prefer. A boozy rose is there. A clean leather jacket. A woodsy cinnamon and saffron. A warm and comforting fragrance.

2. 1725 ~ Histoire de Parfums

It seem to me a subtle and beautifully proportioned fouler. Definitely an 18th century sort of scent, very elegant, almost feminine, a citrus-licorice-anise opening, a warm amber fern arrives next alongside a sweet vanilla-almond that adds a sort of eyelid fluttering seduction, and then an elegant lavender takes it from gourmand to fougere perhaps with a bit of spice there too; and though not in the base notes, I seem to get a very slight hint of a gentleman's smoking jacket. A masterpiece in my opinion.

3. Jubilation XXV ~ Amouage

A definitive sort of smoked wood and incense fragrance with a touch of beautiful rose. It seems to almost ghost in and out throughout a day, one moment here and one moment nowhere to be found which adds a sort of mystique and charm to it, as though it interacts with the wearer. The labdanum ciste in it is just magical, and the myrrh, opoponax, atlas cedar wood in the base are just brilliant.

4. Omniscient perfume oil ~ Yosh

Spicy, light, ethereal. Enchanting really. The fig is wonderful, the tuberose, gardenia and opium seem to be the other strong notes. Pink pepper keeps it on the lighter side. Oils and attars are interesting. They seem to give a more alive feel to a scent.

5. No 2 Modesty ~ Six Scents Series 4

It really is a modest and sincere scent. There's something of the unassuming artist in it, an authenticity with its Frozen metal accord, cypress, labdanum, opoponax and cephalic. A start of pencil shavings and ink, charcoal dust and paper. Old books? Stark? Add to this a slight woody floral note... Primal perhaps? Original?
Post_Ironic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #34
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
By all means post away. I just set the discussion up but I would never try to steer it. What fun places could you wind up that way?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #35
Post_Ironic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I just came across this:
http://eastwestbottlers.com/

I may seriously buy a bottle cause why not
Frapin has a scent called speakeasy that's pretty much brilliant. Havana rum, bergamot and mint give a kind of boozy mojito opening, into a leathery tobacco, that mixed with the remnants of the opening evokes the idea of a very refined fruity, boozy, suede. Exotic/sultry. The eccentric traveller?

L'humaniste by Frapin is pretty brilliant too. A fresh, spicy fougere infused with a large shot of gin.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #36
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was told yesterday by one of the gals at work that I smell "delicious". I ain't mad at that.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #37
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Seeing as it's open to the ladies as well:

My usual perfumes are Angel and Innocent, both by Thierry Mugler (and both really capture my personality )

I usually switch them up based on the season. In the Fall and Winter, I primarily wear Angel. It's definitely the heavier scent. It has a deeply warm and spicy aroma, with a little powdery cocoa. It tends to stick to my clothing, and after a few days, my sweatshirts just smell sweet and cozy and comforting to me. Looking it up, people seem to describe it as having heavy notes of chocolate, caramel, vanilla, and patchouli. It's like hedonist meets hippie. No wonder...

Innocent isn't dissimilar. It's a lighter, airier, more whimsical version of Angel (in my opinion.) It really brings out the powderiness, maybe with a fruitier hint to it. It doesn't stick to my clothes like Angel, though. And I don't have to be as careful with applying it very sparingly.

To switch things up in the Summer, I'll occasionally wear Be Delicious by DKNY. It's a light, refreshingly crisp apple scent. And sometimes in the Spring, when I feel like reminding people of their mom's garden, I'll put lilac perfume/lotion on. But I find most florals personally head-ache inducing. Especially Bath & Body Works' dread-inducing Sweet Pea line.

Last edited by Amaranthine; 04-03-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: I felt like I had more descriptors to add. Clearly important.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #38
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Don't know much about this Terry dude, but I do know the DKNY is awesome. One of the ladies in our office goes a bit OTT with it, but its lovely.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #39
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My "signature" scent is Estee Lauder's Spellbound. I wear it for the Fall/Winter/Early Spring seasons. It's a bit spicy with warm musky sandalwood notes to it. It smells rich. I get so many compliments on it but people don't usually know about it because it's one of their older fragrances.

In the late Spring/Summer I used to wear The Gap's Dream perfume but I think it's been discontinued now. BOO. If I can't find it I wear anything coconutty. Bath and Body Works Exotic Coconut is yummy. Lots of compliments on that one as well as it has some vanilla undertones too. I also wear some oils from Escents if the mood suits me.

I wear Marc Jacob's namesake perfume as well. It can be very powerful but if you use it sparingly it's a very fresh floral and clean smelling.

With all the other products I use (shampoo and deodorant) it makes for an interesting combination. I get told ALL the time I smell good. When my sister's were younger they like to wear my sweaters or coats. Haha.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #40
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Is this a MAN thread? Well, too bad (I see T and Amaranthine said/thought the same thing already haha)

I don't wear cologne, aftershave or perfume. I can't deal with strong scents and neither can my lover boy, so I wear Bath & Body's Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion. It lasts all day and makes me smell amazingly yummy!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #41
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Is this a MAN thread? Well, too bad (I see T and Amaranthine said/thought the same thing already haha)

I don't wear cologne, aftershave or perfume. I can't deal with strong scents and neither can my lover boy, so I wear Bath & Body's Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion. It lasts all day and makes me smell amazingly yummy!
I love B&BW (Funny... BBW..seems like that shop was made for big women..lol)

Anyway, I have that warm vanilla sugar one and I love it. I also have amber and Japanese cherry blossom. I STAY AWAY from sweet pea. It is just too much. But they have some nice stuff.

I also have, Lady Million by Paco Rabanne and Gilty by Gucci and a perfume balenciaga makes.. I can't remember the name of it. It comes in a green bottle. It came out abou a year, a year and a half ago.

But I love the smell of soap and water as well.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #42
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

My name is Rick and I am a fragrance addict.. I am lucky to commit to one fragrance for more than a year's time.

My fragrance of the day is Old Spice Fiji. My fiancé loves it ( I rather like it, too) so I go whole hog on it...body wash, deodorant, body spray...too bad they don't make it in a cologne or aftershave.

I also have on hand a bottle of Aqua di Gio and some Skin Bracer which I need to give to my son who just started shaving recently. I just gave away a bottle of Dolce & Gabana Light Blue which smells great but I just don't wear it anymore since it was bought for me by an ex.

Some others I have used in the past include...
Old Spice Classic
Old Spice Fresh
Old Spice Lime
Old Spice Musk
Old Spice Leather
Old Spice Pure Sport
Brut
Brut Actif Blue
English Leather
Aqua Velva
Preferred Stock
Sierra
Stetson
British Sterling
Gillette Series Cool Wave
Aramis
Drakkar Noir
Polo
Cool Water
Geo
Nautica

plus some more that I can't think of at the moment.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #43
Surlysomething

Go crazy!

Quote:

LG: By all means post away. I just set the discussion up but I would never try to steer it. What fun places could you wind up that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post

Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #44
Surlysomething

Wow. It's not overkill? I think less is more in the fragrance department. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
My fragrance of the day is Old Spice Fiji. My fiancé loves it ( I rather like it, too) so I go whole hog on it...body wash, deodorant, body spray...too bad they don't make it in a cologne or aftershave.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #45
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Wow. It's not overkill? I think less is more in the fragrance department. Haha.
Actually, it's a pretty mild fragrance. Overkill doesn't come in to play at all.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #46
Post_Ironic

Quote:
You'd probably enjoy Virgin Island Water by Creed as quite a similar scent. Hermèssence Santal Massoïa is another one. Even Kurdjian Amyris Homme could work.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #47
Surlysomething

I've smelled it...it's not that mild. Haha.

Quote:
Actually, it's a pretty mild fragrance. Overkill doesn't come in to play at all.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #48
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Quote:
I've smelled it...it's not that mild. Haha.
But then it has to overpower my awesomeness so there's that .
Old 04-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #49
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post

But I love the smell of soap and water as well.
You might enjoy this? I used to use one of the Grace perfumes - but not that one. They got rid of the one I used, apparently.

As for using matching body wash + deodorant + body spray: Does the actual body wash actually ever leave much scent? I guess I could see it strengthening it in a layering sense, but no matter the kind of soap/body wash I use, it's only detectable if someone's nose is right up against my skin.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #50
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm one of those guys who likes a really light, subtle scent. The nivea after shave balm has this amazing smell and helps smooth out my beard/goatee. I use like a dime-sized amount and just rub it through my facial hair and jawline. It leads to many compliments and friendly snuggles.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote