Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #126
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hehe, maybe next time Li'l Steven steps out I'll fill in. We're about the same size these days. If I wear the 'rag maybe the Boss won't even notice.At least not until I start playing.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 AM   #127
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I laughed so hard at this face. What is this face that I am pulling lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 27.jpg (63.0 KB, 403 views)
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #128
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I recently re-discovered this older (2006) photo, which I figure would fit in this thread.

A few things make it terrible to me:
- I'd gotten home from a trip the day before having to go to this picnic, was jet-lagged all to heck, and my eyes are totally showing it.
- I used to love those glasses.....not so much anymore
- That hair....it was not long after that I accepted it was time to get the sides shaved short, but I hadn't quite given up on the longer, flowing, hair that had been my youthful pride

Last edited by Tad; 10-30-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #129
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Reminds me a lot of Jason Alexander here.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #130
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
Reminds me a lot of Jason Alexander here.
.....crossed with Dilbert.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #131
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Me pouting because when I grabbed my lizard to stop her from going underneath a heater she got me with her tail spiked and drew blood(aka the tiny dot on my finger). Also, I have no idea why the pictures from my phone show up sideways, it looks normal when I open it on my computer. And I apologize that it's giant.

Last edited by lille; 12-27-2014 at 08:54 PM.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #132
FluffyButterfly80
Let's be friends!

FluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging in

Haha I'm stuck working in the deli at the store I work at this week. Can u tell I am less than thrilled. Gotta love a chick in a hairnet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.3 KB, 350 views)
Old 10-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #133
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Photo on 2014-10-12 at 1.47 PM.jpg
No makeup, and Stage One of hairstyling experiment. Also, a clutching hand is reaching out to attack me from the picture in the background.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #134
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
The other day I learned that when I try to punish people for taking pictures of me, I only punish myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
I laughed so hard at this face. What is this face that I am pulling lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I recently re-discovered this older (2006) photo, which I figure would fit in this thread.

A few things make it terrible to me:
- I'd gotten home from a trip the day before having to go to this picnic, was jet-lagged all to heck, and my eyes are totally showing it.
- I used to love those glasses.....not so much anymore
- That hair....it was not long after that I accepted it was time to get the sides shaved short, but I hadn't quite given up on the longer, flowing, hair that had been my youthful pride
Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Me pouting because when I grabbed my lizard to stop her from going underneath a heater she got me with her tail spiked and drew blood(aka the tiny dot on my finger). Also, I have no idea why the pictures from my phone show up sideways, it looks normal when I open it on my computer. And I apologize that it's giant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyButterfly80 View Post
Haha I'm stuck working in the deli at the store I work at this week. Can u tell I am less than thrilled. Gotta love a chick in a hairnet.
I'd like to commend all of you for sticking to the thread so wholeheartedly. These pictures are truly horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Attachment 116968
No makeup, and Stage One of hairstyling experiment. Also, a clutching hand is reaching out to attack me from the picture in the background.
You though, you need to work better at this. You still look fantastic in this picture. Rub some mud on your face or something.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #135
FluffyButterfly80
Let's be friends!

FluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I'd like to commend all of you for sticking to the thread so wholeheartedly. These pictures are truly horrible.

LOL! right?!
I do wish i knew how that pic ended up sideways though!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 PM   #136
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1) Check out this 'do for prom from my permanent-wave phase. Together with the dress, it makes quite the fashion statement.

2) This one was from an awards ceremony and is preserved for posterity in the yearbook. It appears as if I were high at the time, but, alas, that was not the case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg promedited2.jpg (57.3 KB, 271 views)
File Type: jpg bioaward_edited2.jpg (46.0 KB, 270 views)
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:59 AM   #137
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
1) Check out this 'do for prom from my permanent-wave phase. Together with the dress, it makes quite the fashion statement.

2) This one was from an awards ceremony and is preserved for posterity in the yearbook. It appears as if I were high at the time, but, alas, that was not the case.
The dress you are wearing in the first one is gorgeous though! I wish I had the colouring to pull something like that off!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:34 AM   #138
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
The dress you are wearing in the first one is gorgeous though! I wish I had the colouring to pull something like that off!
Aw, thanks. It's a little more Disney princess-ish or bridesmaid-like than I would wear now, but I agree that the dress is not the main culprit in making it a terrible photo.

And I'm not sure what you mean with regard to your coloring--you're beautiful as you are!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #139
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like your hair in both pictures.

Quote:

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:40 AM   #140
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I would have hit you up so hard if we were in high school together.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:02 AM   #141
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ms. Brightside - you look great in both pics.

And given the time period represented - what you were wearing then was considered the epitomy of understated, elegant styling. So no need to be ashamed whatsoever, on the contrary. You made the most of what was asked for. (Fashion history is one of my many hobby horses, so I know what I'm talking about).
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #142
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It is crazy how closely you can date prom type photos by the dresses and hair-styles! But I agree with Agouderia, no matter howt the styles look to current eyes, at the time I'm positive nobody would have been anything but envious of how your look

For that matter, somewhere I have pictures of my wife in a very similar style of dress, from our first year of dating. I certainly had no complaints about the style at the time!

ETA: I found the photo....not saying it is terrible, just putting it up briefly to give style-solidarity with Ms Brightside (of course, others are free to consider it terrible--the dress was made by her mother to her specs, so combine 19 year old style sense with home-seamstress execution... but my memories are all of being ever so smitten)
Old 03-11-2015, 08:21 PM   #143
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I like your hair in both pictures.
Aw, thanks, although I think I look like a brunette French poodle.

Quote:
Good to know. Now all we need is a flux capacitor and a DeLorean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Ms. Brightside - you look great in both pics.

And given the time period represented - what you were wearing then was considered the epitomy of understated, elegant styling. So no need to be ashamed whatsoever, on the contrary. You made the most of what was asked for. (Fashion history is one of my many hobby horses, so I know what I'm talking about).
Thank you for the kind words, especially since I've always been hopeless when it comes to fashion. However, anyone who's ever seen an 80's music video can probably tell that it would have been pretty easy to look understated by comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
It is crazy how closely you can date prom type photos by the dresses and hair-styles!
I know, right? (1985 in this case.)

Quote:
But I agree with Agouderia, no matter howt the styles look to current eyes, at the time I'm positive nobody would have been anything but envious of how your look

For that matter, somewhere I have pictures of my wife in a very similar style of dress, from our first year of dating. I certainly had no complaints about the style at the time!

ETA: I found the photo....not saying it is terrible, just putting it up briefly to give style-solidarity with Ms Brightside (of course, others are free to consider it terrible--the dress was made by her mother to her specs, so combine 19 year old style sense with home-seamstress execution... but my memories are all of being ever so smitten)
That's so sweet. It's lovely that you and your wife experienced some of those special events together (even if prom wasn't one of them)--you two make such a cute couple!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #144
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I second Hozay here. I'd have sang some Peter Gabriel to you and tried to separate you from those Bobbie Brooks.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:19 AM   #145
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I second Hozay here. I'd have sang some Peter Gabriel to you and tried to separate you from those Bobbie Brooks.
It seems to be getting warm in here for some reason. *fans self, enjoying a little Jack-and-Diane fantasy while trying not to remember the fact that when those pics were taken LeoG was probably still in elementary school*
Old 03-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #146
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
It seems to be getting warm in here for some reason. *fans self, enjoying a little Jack-and-Diane fantasy while trying not to remember the
fact that when those pics were taken LeoG was probably still in elementary school*
Probably Jr. High. I'm probably pretty close to the same age as you. I just turned 41 earlier this month. That should explain the Jack and Diane and In Your Eyes references. I'm old enough to remember hearing them both climb Casey Kasem's top 40 countdown.

ETA: I forgot to ask, where's Duckie in that first pic?
Old 03-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #147
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
It seems to be getting warm in here for some reason. *fans self, enjoying a little Jack-and-Diane fantasy while trying not to remember the fact that when those pics were taken LeoG was probably still in elementary school*
If it's any help with the timeline I was either still in my dad's balls or very young? Spitting game since '85
Old 03-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #148
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Probably Jr. High.
I'm not sure that thought is much better.

Quote:
I'm probably pretty close to the same age as you. I just turned 41 earlier this month. That should explain the Jack and Diane and In Your Eyes references. I'm old enough to remember hearing them both climb Casey Kasem's top 40 countdown.
I think any girl would have melted if a guy sang that song to her--I know I would have.

Quote:
ETA: I forgot to ask, where's Duckie in that first pic?
Very funny. I actually had a friend who resembled Duckie (wish I could post his pic here), but he had already graduated by then. We went to Homecoming together his senior year, though.

Quote:
If it's any help with the timeline I was either still in my dad's balls or very young?
Ack--I really don't want to think about that!

Quote:
Spitting game since '85
I have no doubt this is true--no wonder you're such a pro.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #149
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I believe I was 17 or 18 here. I didn't get my snake bites until I was 20. Green hair, nose ring, and labret hoop. And yes, I wore that hat all the damn time. I loved that hat lol. I look back on it and I'm just like wtf was I thinking. Also, the years I couldn't grow facial hair at all.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #150
bmwm2001

bmwm2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbmwm2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

How i want to look on stage...

How i dont want to look on stage...

I am looking quite mentally ill on that 2nd one!

Xxx Dan
bmwm2001 is offline   Reply With Quote