Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Taco Bell breakfast menu

We broke down and tried it this morning. I think McDonald's may finally have some serious competition in the fast food breakfast market.

I had two Waffle Tacos, one in bacon and one in sausage. Delicious. I preferred the sausage one because it had more protein and the seasoning of the meat provided a nice balance to the syrup you drizzle on the taco.

The AM Breakfast Crunchwrap is an excellent value in terms of bang for the buck. The Cinnabon Delights were sheer heaven.

Anyone else tried it yet?

http://www.tacobell.com/food/menu/breakfast-menu
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
We broke down and tried it this morning. I think McDonald's may finally have some serious competition in the fast food breakfast market.

I had two Waffle Tacos, one in bacon and one in sausage. Delicious. I preferred the sausage one because it had more protein and the seasoning of the meat provided a nice balance to the syrup you drizzle on the taco.

The AM Breakfast Crunchwrap is an excellent value in terms of bang for the buck. The Cinnabon Delights were sheer heaven.

Anyone else tried it yet?

http://www.tacobell.com/food/menu/breakfast-menu
I know you're reviewing the TB menu, but FFS you live in Houston , for fast food breakfasts, noting beats good ol' Whataburger. Between the BOB and the taquitos, not to mention the honey chicken biscuit or the huge homestyle cinnamon roll. Plus all made with real actual bacon and sausage and not some cheap weird pork product McDonalds uses.

That being said, I will have to get out and try the TB breakfast now that the one near me has finally started doing it. They were a little behind the others on the rollout.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Whataburger, Whataburger, just what a burger should be
The unbeatable, unbelievable, bigger, better burger, Whataburger........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I know you're reviewing the TB menu, but FFS you live in Houston , for fast food breakfasts, noting beats good ol' Whataburger. Between the BOB and the taquitos, not to mention the honey chicken biscuit or the huge homestyle cinnamon roll. Plus all made with real actual bacon and sausage and not some cheap weird pork product McDonalds uses.

That being said, I will have to get out and try the TB breakfast now that the one near me has finally started doing it. They were a little behind the others on the rollout.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Whataburger, Whataburger, just what a burger should be
The unbeatable, unbelievable, bigger, better burger, Whataburger........
Yep.

That was the number one, hands down thing I missed above all else when I moved away from Texas for a while.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:28 AM   #5
AbbyJoyful
On Timeout

AbbyJoyful can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAbbyJoyful can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

We should totally have a Taco Bell in the Netherlands.
AbbyJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:30 AM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I haven't tried the TB breakfast menu yet because there isn't one on my route to work. I have all the other options available (mickeyds, carls jr, bk, deltaco, etc) but.. I'm gonna have to make an exception... somewhere.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post

Oh I love Whataburger but the one and only knock they have against them is price. My wallet usually throws down the veto whenever I mention the place. LOL

BTW there sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit is pure heaven.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #8
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Oh I love Whataburger but the one and only knock they have against them is price. My wallet usually throws down the veto whenever I mention the place. LOL

BTW there sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit is pure heaven.
You're right on all counts. But, when you're using real fluffy eggs and crisp bacon, and not what most fast food joints use, it's hard to keep the price that low. Although, that being said, I really dig the original egg McMuffin and the sausage McGriddle.

I rarely do fast foods for breakfast anymore, but the next time I do, I'm going to try the Taco Bell menu.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #9
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I only tried the AM Crunchwrap so far. And I LOVE IT SO MUCH. That's one of the best tasting breakfast things I've EVER had.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #10
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Breakfast food is my favorite of all food genres. But getting it from a fast food place would mean I would have to get up earlier, and that just isn't going to happen. That and I don't need the invariable spill on my shirt before work. Living vicariously through you guys is going to have to be enough.

[The commercials do make it look good, though!]
Old 04-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #11
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The invariable spill... that sounds like it should have its own thread.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyJoyful View Post
We should totally have a Taco Bell in the Netherlands.
Y'all aren't really missing anything much.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #13
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I dunno....I just can't get over the fact that you shouldn't be able to fold a waffle...in my world waffles should be at least slightly crisp!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #14
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The invariable spill... that sounds like it should have its own thread.
I have pictures. I'm pathetic. My friend said at a recent lunch, "Stop feeding them!"
Old 04-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #15
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

My office ID is on a lanyard and sometimes its in the right place at the right time to catch the invariable spill. I'm serious.. this needs its own thread.

I fully intended to hit TB today for breakfast.. but McDonalds got in the way.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #16
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

I've taken to wearing scarves a lot, not just to accessorize, but to act as a sort of grownup bib. I've licked syrup off of a few.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I want to try everything on the breakfast menu, for research, of course.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote