Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #51
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyp
Hmm. Yeeeah, I guess I'd count as skinny. I'm about 5'1" and 100 pounds. Here in NZ I'm a size 8, but in the US that'd be about a size 2. Size 8 is not rare here in NZ, lots and lots of very small, short, petite women here. Maybe you short BHMs might try looking outside of the US? =)

From over on another part of the forum here I found this bit describing us skinny girls and wee little women:

Ow. =( No matter what you do or what you wear or how you look, people often decide they can read your mind by looking at you. I haven't 'driven the devils of sensuality out of my body' and I don't have a goal of 'flaunting my asexualness' (*is frankly boggled*). I'm not ill. I don't have an eating disorder. I'm not trying to be skinny. I've never been on a diet, ever. I like to eat. Like many people who are heavy, it's just the particular genetic cards I drew that I'm built light. My entire family is built like miniature greyhounds; it's got nothing to do with anything I did that I'm like this. Or as this nice fat woman blogger says of her skinny friend, "the bodies that we have tell us a whole lot of nothin' about each other." I think that's often true.

Women my size may be fairly common here in New Zealand, but in the US women this small seem to be much more rare and people that I was trying to make friends with in the US sometimes would look at me and make assumptions about what I must have in my head that I look like this, and I'd have to prove myself each time that I'm not media-crazed insane. Men, they never did make the first move. I learned to pursue, to seduce- because I had to. (And after the first success, I discovered that pursuing is actually lots more fun than waiting to be asked. And so much quicker! Hehehe!)

As for what I like about fat men- I like the feel. I like almost not quite getting my arms to go all the way around, I like his belly pressing into mine and my breasts resting on top. I kind of have a thing for those little dimples over really big people's knuckles, though my guy isn't big enough to have those any more. I just admire other people's hands a lot.

And about the whole being afraid of crushing women who are this small as mentioned above by some other posters--- I like a light squishing especially. I ask for that. I don't know that I can describe it, maybe you'd have to experience it from the smaller person's perspective yourself, but it's awesome! I didn't start out an FFA, wasn't born with the predilection or acquire it in childhood like some, but after I experienced a nice gentle smooshing as an adult, I really just couldn't get enough and my preference was set pretty well after that. =)
*steals you away to the states*

You can be my new bestest friend.

And, um, yeah. I try to avoid the "skinny women are ugly" posts--chalk it up to personal preference, I guess. It's not necessarily about any of us as individuals...and really, I'm not attracted to girls my own size, so I can kind of understand. I don't, however, think that women are obstinately asexual simply because they're thin.

Frankly, how someone views my body is out of my control. If I appear asexual because my breasts are too small, or my stomach is too flat, or because I don't dress the right way or walk with my pelvis tilted in the right direction...oh well.

On the other hand, yeah. It does sting to be out there saying "plus sized girls can be gorgeous, too" and then find out I'm being bashed. Sometimes I think it stings more because I find heavier women attractive--after all, maybe they're right. Maybe I'm some kind of hideous freak.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #52
Zagnut

Zagnut can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesZagnut can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesZagnut can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laina
Frankly, how someone views my body is out of my control. If I appear asexual because my breasts are too small, or my stomach is too flat, or because I don't dress the right way or walk with my pelvis tilted in the right direction...oh well.

On the other hand, yeah. It does sting to be out there saying "plus sized girls can be gorgeous, too" and then find out I'm being bashed. Sometimes I think it stings more because I find heavier women attractive--after all, maybe they're right. Maybe I'm some kind of hideous freak.
From what I've seen of your posts, you are quite lovely!

On a visually aesthetic level, I enjoy the appearance of a thinner woman, but typically in a more artistic manner, as in the case of say pinups:

NSFW: http://community.livejournal.com/pinupgirls
NSFW: http://community.livejournal.com/darkpinupgirls

On a personal level, I've never been with a thin woman where I didn't feel like I wasn't going to break her -- though I do have to admit that generally the thin women I've known tolerated my size rather than embraced it (pun not intended).

I'd hate for anyone on here to think they were some kind of freak (unless in that of oh so joie de vivre freaky manner). I guess it all comes down to an eye of the beholder, and the quest to I be holdin' her (pun intended).

;-)
Zagnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #53
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I'm basically the same way.

I'm bi, very thin (5'8, 105 lbs), yet prefer men and women to be heavier; my ideal man would be twice my weight, ideal woman would have at least 60 lbs on me.

It's unfortunate, but a lot of bigger guys have a problem with this "breaking" feeling....I think I've missed out a few times because of this! But trust me, we small women are more durable than you'd think
Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:28 PM   #54
rachel

rachel has said some nice things

I'm little too... 5'3" and 120 lbs (I'm muscley). I am a gymnastics coach, and recently started up capoeira, so I am of the sproingy-fit variety.

I'd like to add my voice to the "don't hate me because I'm thin" crowd. :P I am not thin ON PURPOSE. I have been this size since I was 14. I have never dieted and I eat whatever I choose. But I am really physically active, and prefer "whole" foods to unhealthy, greasy or sugary ones, so I am not likely to fill out anytime soon. I figure I'll gain my first (real) curves after I start having kids.

If I could resculpt my body tomorrow, I'd add 20 lbs and leave it at that. Really curvy women are teh shmexy.

rachel
rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #55
judochop
On Timeout

judochop has said some nice things

gymnastics
judochop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #56
lucyp
That Pevensie girl.

lucyp can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslucyp can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
*steals you away to the states*

You can be my new bestest friend.
*laughs* Okay. Woo, travel!

Quote:

'Walk with pelvis tilted in the right direction'? Oh, dear. Is that a thing now? I suspect I'm glad I haven't come across it. Like people aren't already selfconscious enough. *sigh*

Yeah, I'm not really attracted to my own body type either, and were I inclined bi I'd definitely prefer the BBWs. But I figure I make up for any 'defects of beauty' I might have with my TOTALLY AWESOME PERSONALITY!!!1!1! which is so blindingly fabulous that no one even notices the pipestem wrists. ....Yeeeeeeeah. Also, the long sleeves help a bit.
lucyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #57
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

From over on another part of the forum here I found this bit describing us skinny girls and wee little women:
OK, I'm going to insert my whole original text here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edx
Here is a hypothesis for consideration. Im not convinced that this is the reason, but I think that the thought that it could be part of the reason is fairly provocative.

I think in our society fleshiness is considered sexual or at least sensual, and part of the cult of thinness is some bastard child of prudishness and a strict old-fashioned type of morality where all things sexual or even sensual were frowned upon. When most models are seen in lingerie or a bikini it is not actually that provocative, because they are so thin as to not be sensual seeming. In a way they are like a child, with no real curves or size. Therefore when someone who is all toned wears almost nothing, what they are actually flaunting is mostly how asexual they are, it is a way of saying Im better because Ive driven all the devils of sensuality out of my body.

When someone exposes fleshy areas, on the contrary, it draws attention to their sensuality. It is somewhat as if they are saying Im making it impossible to ignore that I am a sensual being. I eat, I have curves that are attractive and sensual and bring sex to mind. In north American culture (at least, it extends further too) there is a strong reflex to condemn this, much like if you see someone walking down the sidewalk with a bottle of whiskey, or you see a couple kissing passionately in public. Our society does not condone sensual pleasures, and whether we realize it or not most of us have internalized that judgment.

Feel free to tear this hypothesis apart. So long as you dont make it personal, I wont take it personally.
I admit to being a bit frustrated. Yes, I phrased that rather strongly, and I did so on purpose. I was hoping to get people's attention and provoke a bit of discussion. As I stated I'm not at all convinced that the hypothesis is correct, but it captures an attitude that is often hinted at here, and I was hoping to have some open discussion about it, I really did want people views, and I would have learned from such a discussion.

How much discussion did it generate? Zero. But apparently it did catch at least one person's attention, but what stuck was the negative couple of sentences, not the suggestion to discuss. I wonder how many others walked away thinking "wow, that Ed guy really has issues man...."

Lucy, I'm not mad at you, just frustrated about how easily things get taken out of context on the net, or should I say how difficult it is to nest something in a context strongly enough that the context is not ignorable.

For the record, short athletic gals are cute as all get-out to me (and obviously athletic ladies in various sizes are attractive to a large number of guys), and growing up I was probably attracted to more of them than chubby gals (albeit there were more around to be attracted to), including the first gal I really fell in love with. However back then I'd never heard of the concept of an FA, and I assumed that if I was to aim for a long term relationship with an athletic lady I'd have to really stay thin and in peak shape, and assumed (massively erroneously I know now) that in a relationship with a chubby lady she'd be cool with me being chubby. Since I wanted to be chubby more than I wanted to be thin, I decided I should forego the gymnasts, figure skaters, etc and look to those more padded. (yes, honestly, I really did analyze things that way, and felt quite a bit of teenage angst over the topic).

After 20+ years of feeling that way it is hard to imagine being with someone half my weight, but had Dimensions online been around back then I have little doubt that my preferences would have become molded somewhat differently.

In other words, while I have a hard time believing it for me, I'm all for their being petite FFA out there :-)

Regards;

-Ed
Old 12-01-2006, 12:53 AM   #58
lemmink
THE PUMMEL IS COMING

lemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going onlemmink knows EXACTLY what's going on

Gosh.

Well I guess I do have a completely different reaction to seeing a skinny girl and a fat girl in a bikini - but perhaps I'm more habituated to seeing skinny girls in bikinis. It's hard to flip on the tv these days without surfing into a channel which has a skinny girl in a bikini on it. I reckon it isn't because these skinny chicks look asexual but because they aren't as exotic-looking or as unusual to run into.

I find plenty of thin women sexy-as-heck, although I guess my reaction to them is more, "Wow, she's gorgeous," rather than, "Wow, I'm gonna jump her bones (so to speak)." But there are lots of women who look much better thin and lots of women who look much better fat. One of my ex girlfriends just isn't as sexy or comfortable with herself at an 'average' weight as she is when she's very thin; another of them is the kind of girl you'd walk past without noticing if she was average, but is a knock-out when she's heavy.

Also, as I think I've mentioned before around the place, I've been with guys three times my weight (at the time) and never felt like I was going to break. (Although they worry. Me, I LOVE the weight.)

No, to really break a girl in my experience, you need a very thin guy with hip-bones like daggers. Owch.
lemmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:11 AM   #59
lucyp
That Pevensie girl.

lucyp can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslucyp can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx
Yes, I phrased that rather strongly, and I did so on purpose. I was hoping to get people's attention and provoke a bit of discussion....

How much discussion did it generate? Zero. But apparently it did catch at least one person's attention, but what stuck was the negative couple of sentences, not the suggestion to discuss.
Ed, you phrased that VERY strongly, context or no. If I see someone say something that is downright unpleasant about me or those who look just like me, something that is no doubt is true but which I can't change, I'm NOT going to engage in discussion. I'm going to walk away. I'm not a masochist. I don't want to talk to people who think I'm ugly and horrible, who have to be 'engaged in discussion' before they'll be open to understanding and respecting me, any more than you do. Why on earth would I feel welcome to engage in that discussion with you??? Come on! I feel out of place enough already as a skinny person on this site. I'm not going to walk into a forum full of people who might be already disposed to not like 'my sort' and start shooting off my mouth. (I'm going to run over over to the BHM/FFA forum where I'll maybe find some people like me- oops, except you're here too, well, shucks.)

I'll certainly give you the benefit of the doubt. You may very well have not have really meant what you wrote, and have only put it up there to generate discussion, and have not meant it to be hurtful to skinny FFAs---- but are you really surprised that skinny girls would read that and run away screaming? Look at what you wrote. It was downright hostile. Context, phooey.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:00 AM   #60
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

Some of us would never turn a thin FFA away.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #61
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Ed, you phrased that VERY strongly, context or no. If I see someone say something that is downright unpleasant about me or those who look just like me, something that is no doubt is true but which I can't change, I'm NOT going to engage in discussion. I'm going to walk away. I'm not a masochist. I don't want to talk to people who think I'm ugly and horrible, who have to be 'engaged in discussion' before they'll be open to understanding and respecting me, any more than you do. Why on earth would I feel welcome to engage in that discussion with you??? Come on! I feel out of place enough already as a skinny person on this site. I'm not going to walk into a forum full of people who might be already disposed to not like 'my sort' and start shooting off my mouth. (I'm going to run over over to the BHM/FFA forum where I'll maybe find some people like me- oops, except you're here too, well, shucks.)

I'll certainly give you the benefit of the doubt. You may very well have not have really meant what you wrote, and have only put it up there to generate discussion, and have not meant it to be hurtful to skinny FFAs---- but are you really surprised that skinny girls would read that and run away screaming? Look at what you wrote. It was downright hostile. Context, phooey.
Hmmm, we are obviously reading it differently. I can certainly see that text as open to accusations of arrogance, gross generalization, insenstivity, and outright imbecility, but I admit I miss the hostility.

Anyway, I'd say that at this point all I can do is right that off as an error in judgement. It does not reflect my personal feelings, nor is the sort of thing I normally write, but I did post it and put my name to it. Hence I guess I live with the results. I hope more people will read the bulk of the rest of my postings that read that one, and accept that I'll never know who all I offended with that one. I'm sorry for offending you, and I'll give you a wide berth going forward so that you don't feel too crowded by me.

Regards;

-Ed
Old 12-01-2006, 10:58 AM   #62
pattycake
Wishin' 4 A Squishin'

pattycake can now change their title

Quote:

Lucy, to me it sounds like Ed wasn't attacking you (or any skinny women) personally in his OP, or even saying thin women are ugly, unsexy etc. He was offering a theory (not his personal opinion) in response to a question of why the image of a fat woman in a bikini seems more sexually explicit than a thin woman in a bikini. I myself have come across the same theory about body shape and sensuality. Fat(according to the theory) shows that you aren't afraid of your desires, indulging your pleasures and embrace the hedonism of life, not caring what anyone thinks. And as a result, a fatter woman can't help but have larger breasts, butt, hips. All the markers of adult female sexuality are more exaggerated and 'in your face'. A thin woman is (supposedly) more 'masculine' in her mentality (NOT MY OPINION) as she is more 'in control' of herself and her emotions. She doesn't give in to hunger and desire. She is 'stronger' than that. This theory reduces both fat and thin women to 'types' for the sake of the theory. It isn't particularly flattering to either type of woman. There is probably a completely opposite theory and I'm sure there're plenty of people who would say 'I don't find a fat woman in a bikini more sexually explicit than a thinner one - they're both sexually explicit' or 'the thinner one is sexier, the fatter one is just gross!'
I agree that in the other parts of this site you do see plenty of proclaimations that 'Fat women are better' and lots of skinny-bashing, but this is coming from FAs so I wouldn't really expect anything else. FAs are not going to go on about how ALL women are equally sexy and beautiful, especially on Dimensions.
Lucy, you were the one who brought Ed's post to the FFA/BHM forum out of context, not Ed. This particular thread was about how some BHMs do find thinner women attractive.
pattycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #63
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycake
Lucy, to me it sounds like Ed wasn't attacking you (or any skinny women) personally in his OP, or even saying thin women are ugly, unsexy etc. He was offering a theory (not his personal opinion) in response to a question of why the image of a fat woman in a bikini seems more sexually explicit than a thin woman in a bikini. I myself have come across the same theory about body shape and sensuality. Fat(according to the theory) shows that you aren't afraid of your desires, indulging your pleasures and embrace the hedonism of life, not caring what anyone thinks. And as a result, a fatter woman can't help but have larger breasts, butt, hips. All the markers of adult female sexuality are more exaggerated and 'in your face'. A thin woman is (supposedly) more 'masculine' in her mentality (NOT MY OPINION) as she is more 'in control' of herself and her emotions. She doesn't give in to hunger and desire. She is 'stronger' than that. This theory reduces both fat and thin women to 'types' for the sake of the theory. It isn't particularly flattering to either type of woman. There is probably a completely opposite theory and I'm sure there're plenty of people who would say 'I don't find a fat woman in a bikini more sexually explicit than a thinner one - they're both sexually explicit' or 'the thinner one is sexier, the fatter one is just gross!'
I agree that in the other parts of this site you do see plenty of proclaimations that 'Fat women are better' and lots of skinny-bashing, but this is coming from FAs so I wouldn't really expect anything else. FAs are not going to go on about how ALL women are equally sexy and beautiful, especially on Dimensions.
Lucy, you were the one who brought Ed's post to the FFA/BHM forum out of context, not Ed. This particular thread was about how some BHMs do find thinner women attractive.
All of which is fine, but we're talking about a passage involving:

Quote:
In a way they are like a child, with no real curves or size. Therefore when someone who is all toned wears almost nothing, what they are actually flaunting is mostly how asexual they are, it is a way of saying Im better because Ive driven all the devils of sensuality out of my body.
In all honesty, I DO find that hurtful. I know that it wasn't intended to be, and I respect Edx's right to his personal opinions...but when it comes to deciding whether or not to post somewhere, I'd probably run screaming from something that sounds so accusatory.

I didn't ask, after all, to be thin. It was not a decision I've made--it's the way my body is built. Conversely, when I AM trying to be thin--and therefore asexual--I'm certainly not "flaunting" my lack of sex appeal.

None of which is an attack. Just an observation, and an admission that, yeah, that bugs me. It bugs me no matter who says it.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #64
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Also..

when I read "toned" I read "exercised." Which is different from skinny. If somebody wants to flaunt the results of their working out, then so what? Some people will like it and some won't. Some women find "ripped" abs to be crazy sexy and some find beer guts to be crazy sexy. It is simply a built in matter of preference.

Flaunting one's body at all is at least somewhat a sign of confidence, if not sexuality. If somebody doesn't like it, they don't have to look. But a guy flaunting a soft guy looks sexy to me and a guy flaunting the six pack looks sexy to somebody else.

One piece of terminology I LOATHE is referring to larger women as "real sized." I find it insulting and discriminatory. Is Laina not "real" sized? Sure, she's real for her. Not all women are build with curves. It's largely a matter of fat/muscle distribution. You can be slender and curvy like Salma Hyak or large and not curvy at all like Roseanne in her heyday. This whole notion of plus sized women looking "real" is just silly. All women, whether size zero or 40 are real sized real women.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #65
pattycake
Wishin' 4 A Squishin'

Quote:
In all honesty, I DO find that hurtful. I know that it wasn't intended to be, and I respect Edx's right to his personal opinions...but when it comes to deciding whether or not to post somewhere, I'd probably run screaming from something that sounds so accusatory.

I didn't ask, after all, to be thin. It was not a decision I've made--it's the way my body is built. Conversely, when I AM trying to be thin--and therefore asexual--I'm certainly not "flaunting" my lack of sex appeal.

None of which is an attack. Just an observation, and an admission that, yeah, that bugs me. It bugs me no matter who says it.
Well, okay.
The theory (and as I said before, it's not my personal theory or opinion)doesn't account for women who are naturally thin or women who are fat yet unhappy or uncomfortable with their bodies. Or women who aren't fat but are curvy (I too hate this new thing of using the word 'curvy' as a PC way of saying 'fat' that the media have started. Plenty of fat women couldn't be described as 'curvy' and plenty of non-fat women like Salma Hayak are hella curvy) therefore being thin/slim doesn't automatically mean assexuality/androgeny. And it doesn't make a woman less 'real' than a larger woman (what the hell is all that about? I'm just about sick of the way the media talks about all women nowadays. No matter what your body type, you just can't win.)
The theory is flawed and you're quite right to dispute it.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #66
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycake
Well, okay.
The theory (and as I said before, it's not my personal theory or opinion)doesn't account for women who are naturally thin or women who are fat yet unhappy or uncomfortable with their bodies. Or women who aren't fat but are curvy (I too hate this new thing of using the word 'curvy' as a PC way of saying 'fat' that the media have started. Plenty of fat women couldn't be described as 'curvy' and plenty of non-fat women like Salma Hayak are hella curvy) therefore being thin/slim doesn't automatically mean assexuality/androgeny. And it doesn't make a woman less 'real' than a larger woman (what the hell is all that about? I'm just about sick of the way the media talks about all women nowadays. No matter what your body type, you just can't win.)
The theory is flawed and you're quite right to dispute it.
Fair enough. As I said, it's not a matter of being angry about it--I'm not. I will cop to being a bit of a coward, though. Edx's post wouldn't necessarily run me off...but there seems to be a "skinny girls suck" faction (as there is every other faction in the world) on the boards. It took me a long, long time (years, in fact) to even start posting. Longer still to move beyond only posting on the BHM/FFA boards. It's daunting for me.

I'll admit that I might be a special case because of my sensitivity to size issues...and frankly, I think a lot of us try not to bring it up for fear of being scoffed at. (ie "Uh huh. Poor little thin girl.") Since we're posting at the sufferance of a distinctly FA/BBW group, I don't usually feel comfortable complaining--the perception, I'm sure, is that I'M accepted everywhere. The truth, of course, is that I don't feel comfortable anywhere.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:00 AM   #67
pattycake
Wishin' 4 A Squishin'

Quote:
Fair enough. As I said, it's not a matter of being angry about it--I'm not. I will cop to being a bit of a coward, though. Edx's post wouldn't necessarily run me off...but there seems to be a "skinny girls suck" faction (as there is every other faction in the world) on the boards. It took me a long, long time (years, in fact) to even start posting. Longer still to move beyond only posting on the BHM/FFA boards. It's daunting for me.

I'll admit that I might be a special case because of my sensitivity to size issues...and frankly, I think a lot of us try not to bring it up for fear of being scoffed at. (ie "Uh huh. Poor little thin girl.") Since we're posting at the sufferance of a distinctly FA/BBW group, I don't usually feel comfortable complaining--the perception, I'm sure, is that I'M accepted everywhere. The truth, of course, is that I don't feel comfortable anywhere.
True. I don't think a lot of people on the FA/BBW boards realise that bashing skinny people amounts to the same as bashing fat people. That doesn't sound like size acceptance to me. There is also an assumption that only fat people have body image issues or issues with the way they're perceived by others and anyone else doesn't have the right to complain. But I'm sure if I posted that over there I wouldn't get a lot of support. Of course, you wouldn't start a thread about how you couldn't find clothes in a small enough size for you or something in that vein over on the FA/BBW boards but I don't see why a thin woman can't participate in discussions about body image issues over there. If they can only big up big women by doing down thin women then they're doing BBWs a disservice.
I too only rarely post anywhere outside this board, and even then it's mostly in the safer 'Lounge' board. I'm a coward too!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:55 AM   #68
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi Laina

This is a lot like the lots of Fat Men before the term BHM became accepted, there were threads on Dimensions and NAAFA Forums that were quite anti-Fat Men.

William

Quote:

William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #69
lucyp
That Pevensie girl.

Quote:
I will cop to being a bit of a coward, though. Edx's post wouldn't necessarily run me off...but there seems to be a "skinny girls suck" faction (as there is every other faction in the world) on the boards. It took me a long, long time (years, in fact) to even start posting. Longer still to move beyond only posting on the BHM/FFA boards. It's daunting for me.
Not just you.

Old 12-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #70
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default No, because

Quote:
Originally Posted by maire dubh
Indeed! A ten in one store and an eight in another or still, a twelve, for me. Rawr. Can't they standardize it and use inches, as they do with men's pants?

it would eliminate the entire concept of vanity sizing. If you can say you wear a 4 or a 10 or a 20, then if a piece of clothing with that size tag fits you, you can say you have never gained weight. The whole point behind vanity sizing or sizing up is that women never want to admit they've gained, so if the piece of clothing with the 4/10/20 tag always fits, then you have not gained. Even if they have to keep making the actual piece of clothing larger.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #71
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Also, when we declare that prudishness is what made thin the norm on being viewed as attractive, what does that say about people who find thin people atractive who aren't prudish? My SIL's a natural size 4/6 and my brother isn't prudish about sex. And what about women, the majority of whom are heterosexual? Most men don't have curves. Are women not sexual in nature? A preference is a preference. That is all.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #72
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I guess, Ed, the bottom line is, no one likes to be told that anyone who finds them attractive is suffering from a psycho-sociological disease. Some people are just thin in the way some people are just fat. Some people like fat. Some don't.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #73
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
I guess, Ed, the bottom line is, no one likes to be told that anyone who finds them attractive is suffering from a psycho-sociological disease. Some people are just thin in the way some people are just fat. Some people like fat. Some don't.
True, but it's not limited to Ed. There are posts everywhere that allude to thin women being asexual.

One that stands out in my mind right now says something to the tune of "120 at 5'3 is buying into the media's sterotype of asexual beauty". o.O When I weighed 120 I was easily a D cup, with serious hips. And I was 5'4--a full inch taller. I want to know what 5'3 woman looks like a ten year old at that weight. And then I want to be her.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:03 PM   #74
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi TSL

What people like has nothing to do with much. It is how people react to what they like and what they do not like that determines if they are normal, weird or nuts

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #75
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
Hi TSL

What people like has nothing to do with much. It is how people react to what they like and what they do not like that determines if they are normal, weird or nuts

William
Which makes it ok to imply that any non-BBW is asexual? It's one thing to bash the anti-fat faction. It's another entirely to make any thin woman feel inferior.

After all, there are plenty of thin FFAs on these boards who are decidedly fat-friendly in all circles. That doesn't mean we're necessarily attracted to fat women, but we certainly don't call their sexuality into question (or, as in cases otherthan the quote lifted from Ed, imply that they should lose weight to please us).