Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: As an FA, what is most important to you in a partner:
Being fat is most important 25 35.71%
Liking fat is most important 45 64.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Body or attitude?

What is more important to you: that your partner be fat, or that they like fat? (that is, they think being fat would be cool, whether or not they are fat)
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For me it's more about attitude. Having a fat partner who hated being fat and didn't enjoy me loving on their chub would suck all the fun out of it.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm the opposite, in that I'm more body-focused. I've never dated anyone into being fat and that doesn't bother me. But that's granting that they don't completely hate their body/my enjoyment of it. Self-esteem/confidence issues aren't a big thing unless they're prevalent and persisting.

But I don't think I could be as satisfied in a relationship where the person liked the idea of being fat but...wasn't. I've never gotten the allure of feeder-feedee type relationships where the partner starts off thin, because I'd spend a good deal of time...well...not being that attracted to them, and gaining doesn't do enough for me to make up for it. Come to think of it, in comparison to someone who wasn't into it but still confident/happy with themselves, that attitude wouldn't really add much for me.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 PM   #4
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Attitude. It's always about the attitude. At least, for me.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Highsteppa
Kneel before Zod

Highsteppa has super-sized repHighsteppa has super-sized repHighsteppa has super-sized repHighsteppa has super-sized rep

Both for me.
Highsteppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

I voted that being fat is more important. I'd rather get with someone that is already fat than someone that is for example skinny and wants to get fat and loves the idea of being fat. My husband has always been fat although he doesn't seem to care about the fact that he is fat.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's more about the degree of self love one has than love for fat in and of itself. Very few people are 100% happy with themselves all the time, and that's fine. But there's always a point where it can become a serious issue.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I were to eliminate from consideration all the women who are dissatisfied with their bodies, I would have slim pickings in more than one way.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #9
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Both are important to me. I don't think I could be attracted physically to someone who wasn't big, though as someone who generally identifies as asexual I don't find that such a big deal. But it is also important that they don't have a huge, deep seated self hatred that is beyond my ability to help. I don't mind helping friends or partners with self confidence and self perception issues. Similarly I am actually turned off by super confident people that want to flaunt their bodies everywhere... it makes me think that there is an issue deep down that they are trying to hide from themselves by acting that way. Confidence is attract but over confidence makes me uncomfortable.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #10
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Both............... ....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #11
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Since I'm a non-exclusive FA, I can't very well say "be fat" in good conscience, but when I do come across an attractive fat woman, her attitude about her body is more important than her body itself. As an overall inclusive statement, I would say "be accepting of their body, whatever its size or shape".
Old 05-05-2014, 05:46 PM   #12
SydneyScreams

SydneyScreams can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSydneyScreams can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It's most important that they like fat!! Their personalities are always more important to me than their weight
SydneyScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
devinprater

devinprater can now change their title

My thing is that they like being fat. I dated a girl that was a good 240 or so pounds, and she hated being fat. We broke up because she was also a rather mean girl. But yeah, if a girl is fat and loves fat effection and belly rubs, then that is perfection. If she's skinny, but likes my fat or wants to be fat, then I'll be her feeder, or feedee if she likes my fat, and we'll be fine... until I squish her
devinprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:07 AM   #14
ToniTails
"so FLUFFY!"

ToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging inToniTails makes people happy simply by logging in

liking or not caring one way or the other about the fat
Old 09-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #15
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

I think that being fat is more important. If you are an fa and you are only attracted to a fat person then if you were with a thin person the relationship probably wouldn't work out.
With the extreme rarity because of today's common standards it seems much more difficult to get a partner to gain weight than for an fa to find someone to accept their size.
Case in point. My wife is a self loathing ssbbw and I am extremely happy with her size. But over the years her self confidence has grown as a direct result of my love and attention and appreciation of her body. So in the end I get both!
wrenchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

I'm a feeder so my answer is pretty much attitude.

It doesn't bug me if they're thin, average, or chubby but if they want to be fat and actively think it's attractive than that is awesome for me.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #17
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This was a hard one. Being fat is important to my libido, but i spend waaay more of my time with my SO than in the bedroom...do him liking (or in this case tolerating) his fat is important. Hes had bouts of violently strong self loathing and i cant take it - i need him to be ok with it, if only in a "well as long as you like it" sort of way.

If i could make the choice between him putting on another 30 lbs or loving his plumpness and never gaining another ounce, id choose the attitude, not weight!

But if the question is more totally skinny or attitude...id be split.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #18
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would say both.. however it is how you look at yourself and others and the attitude you have about it all.. ~
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default well

having to convince a fat partner that they're attractive, despite the constant pressure from society which suggests otherwise, is not only draining, but kind of a drag. attitude, in this case, is extremely important, but it's not black and white enough to say one or the other.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:24 AM   #20
jakub
Visitor

jakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

both......
jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:56 AM   #21
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

I tend to agree with CCR re: trying to convince someone that they're beautiful is draining.

But functionally it looks like I voted against my own actions. Intrinsically I feel that changing an attitude is significantly harder than changing a body. I also know I'm significantly less attracted to thin people and significantly more attracted to fat people. My SO is chubby and he doesn't like it/feel comfortable with his fat. If he lost a good amount of weight, I would still be with him, but we'd have to probably renegotiate the terms of our partnership significantly. So in practice, I guess I initially care more about being fat, but when it comes to the nuts and bolts of a relationship, having an attitude of positivity about it - even if it's not always positive - that's important to me.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #22
Never2fat4me

Never2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticed

As any FA would say, I am looking for both in a partner. However, I cannot be attracted to a BBW who wishes she were not fat. Been there, done that, have the scars from break-up. (Lovely woman otherwise, but always telling me that I would love her more if she were just thinner grew exhausting.)

Bottom line is: if you don't love yourself, how can you expect others to do so either?

- Chris
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #23
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Attitude is more important to me. My wife hated being fat and it reached a point of self loathing almost. She has lost a lot of weight and is much happier with herself as a result. I have found my preferences for her weight were really pretty fluid. Her happiness is more important.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #24
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Its like a flow chart:

Step One; does she have a hot body -- if yes proceed to step two.

Step Two; does she have any personality issues that would make enjoyment of said hot body difficult -- if no proceed to step three.

Step Three; attempt to establish relationship (or at least a brief encounter).
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote