Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Your top 3

My idea is borne out from one of those drinking or toking scenarios you get into with your buds about naming your personal top 3 in any category. I don't see a lot of structure going on with this. You can always put up a new top 3 category with every post if you like or answer someone's existing category. All I ask is that if you wish to go with a new top 3 category that you answer one of the existing top 3's one above you before adding your new top 3.

Also, debate about personal top 3's is welcome, just don't be rude about it and don't go off on a multi-post diatribe on it. This is meant to be a fun topic.

Anyways, I'll kick it off with my first top 3.

Rock Bands

1. The Rolling Stones
2. ZZ Top
3. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Old 04-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1. Arctic Monkeys
2. Young Knives
3. Muse

I like this, like it a lot.
Also please note it took me 15 minutes to pick, and I'm sure I've forgotten something.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll play..

1. Journey
2. Bon Jovi
3. Guns N' Roses

Yes in that order...lol
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1) Marilyn Manson
2) Misfits
3) Type O Negative

That was harder than I thought it would be...
Old 04-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
kilo riley

kilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging in

1. The Smiths
2. The Cure
3. Radiohead
kilo riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd
2. Def Leppard
3. Tesla
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:27 AM   #7
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

1 The Beatles
2 The PHISH
3 The GRATEFUL DEAD
Old 04-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #8
fatmac

fatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default My 3

Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:37 AM   #9
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac View Post
Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash
Waylon Jennings
Tsk tsk. You added a category without answering an existing one. That's -5 points for you. . Actually my 3 for country singers are the exact same as yours, but in a different order.

Country Singers

1. Waylon Jennings
2. Willie Nelson
3. Johnny Cash
Old 04-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #10
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Country singers:

Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
Hank Williams

Punk Bands:

Black Flag
The Bronx
Bad Brains
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:16 AM   #11
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Rock:
1. Queens of the Stone Age
2. Deftones
3. Radiohead

Punk:
1. Hot Snakes
2. Distillers
3. Circa Survive
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #12
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Rock bands:

Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
The Stooges
Old 04-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHotRazor View Post
Rock bands:

Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
The Stooges
First top 3 debate. Great choices, but personally I think of The Stooges as being punk, daresay the godfathers of punk although many wound give that to The Velvet Underground.

Black Sabbath I consider metal more than simply a rock band.

My top 3 Punk Bands

1. The Ramones
2. The Stooges
3. The Sex Pistols

Al Pacino films

1. The Godfather
2. Dog Day Afternoon
3. Scent Of A Woman
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

Rock Bands:
ZZ Top
Fleetwood Mac
Dixie Dregs

Country Singers:
Waylon Jennings
Keith Whitley
Merle Haggard

Punk Bands:
The Ramones
Black Flag
The Clash

Al Pacino Films:
The Godfather
Serpico
Carlito's Way

Guitarists:
Les Paul
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Steve Vai
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #15
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

Sabbath are definitely metal godfathers and the start of that sound along with Priest,Motörhead and Deep purple ...and Iommi is easily the foundational doom metal guitarist but I still consider them rock overall. Their first album was really bluesy actually.

The Stooges it depends on the album to me, raw power had a punk sound but Funhouse was more of rock album in my opinion. Either way James Williamson is a beast.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #16
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

Guitarists:

Jimi Hendrix
J Mascis
Billy Gibbons

Bass Players:

John Entwhistle
Jaco Pastorius
Steve Harris
Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #17
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

Bassists:
Vic Wooten
Mark King
John Entwistle

Drummers:
John Bonham
Phil Collins
Rod Morgenstein
Old 04-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #18
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Guitarists

1. SRV
2. Jerry Reed
3. Jeff Beck

Drummers

1. Levon Helm
2. Ginger Baker
3. John Bonham
Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #19
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

Drummers:

Dave Lombardo
Neil Peart
Animal

Movie Villians:

Darth Vader
Freddie Kruger
Johnny from Cobra Kai
Old 04-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #20
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Country Singers:
Jerry Reed
Johnny Cash
Kenny Rogers

Al Pacino Films:
The Godfather
Scent of A Woman
The Devil's Advocate

Guitarists:
Angus Young
Jimmy Page
Eddie Van Halen

Bass Players:
Michael Anthony
Cliff Williams
Jack Bruce

Drummers:
John Bonham
Alex Van Halen
Stewart Copeland
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #21
RentonBob
I always get back up...

RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Favorite Bands:

1. Rush
2. Foo Fighters
3. Soundgarden
Old 04-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #22
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

Favorite Bands:

Iron Maiden
The Cure
Slayer

Comic characters

Batman
Wolverine
Charlie Brown
Old 04-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #23
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default keeping it in the rock/metal genre since those are my favorites...

Best Lead Guitarists:
Criss Oliva (Savatage)
Alex Skolnick (Testament)
Glenn Tipton/KK Downing (Judas Priest...and yeah, I know that's actually two choices, but they both play dual lead...and come on, it's Priest!)

Best Bassist:
Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy)
Les Claypool (Primus)
Geddy Lee (Rush)

Best Drummer:
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater/Winery Dogs)
Carmine Appice (who hasn't he played with?)
Ginger Baker (Cream)

Best Front Man:
Rob Halford
Mark Bolan (T Rex)
Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)

Best Front Woman:
Ann Wilson (Heart)
Doro Pesch (Warlock)
Joan Jett

My favorite bands:
Savatage
Judas Priest
Heart
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:23 AM   #24
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

Best Front Woman:

Janis Joplin
Patti Smith
Exene Cervenka

Guitars:

Fender Telecaster
Gibson J-50
Guild Songbird
Old 04-29-2014, 02:18 AM   #25
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Best Front Woman:

Brody Dalle
Karen O
Chelsea Wolfe
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote