Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #126
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been hearing a metal version of Kiss From A Rose in my head for weeks now. This morning I finally did a search for it. Here's the winner:

Old 08-24-2015, 12:55 AM   #127
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

^ Wow, that translates to metal way better than I would have expected! I remember hearing that song on the radio all the time as a kid, and the melody was always one of my favorites. Sooo much nostalgia.

Awesome share
Old 08-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #128
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Not my usual musical taste but I heard a bit of it and as my head is empty things get stuck.

Now I'm on kick...

Finally because it's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:35 AM   #129
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
I've been hearing a metal version of Kiss From A Rose in my head for weeks now. This morning I finally did a search for it. Here's the winner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Not my usual musical taste but I heard a bit of it and as my head is empty things get stuck...

...Now I'm on kick...

...Finally because it's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses...
^

This is not the kind of thing I typically listen to either, but I can't get that darned Munsters hook out of my mind!

MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #130
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

the video for the song is definitely sexier than the movie.

Old 08-30-2015, 07:32 PM   #131
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Listening to this over and over all day.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:39 AM   #132
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default It's not my scene...

But I thought maybe some of you might respond just to the instrumentation:

Came Out of a Lady- Rubblebucket

Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #133
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i found this tape (yes, i still own cassettes) the other day and heard Erasure - A Little Respect. can't get it out of my head.

sorry, not technical enough to get the thing to embed without a thousand links in it.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #134
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post

Came Out of a Lady- Rubblebucket
*Responds! Responds most enthusiastically.*
Old 09-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #135
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
I loved the instrumentation I had a bit of a hard time making out the vocals, will have to look them up, read them, then give it another listen I think.

In the meantime, because brains are weird, listening to that suddenly got Trombone Shorty stuck in my head. (just btw, on a longish drive, just about the point that you are beginning to go 'HOW much longer?' I've found sticking in his CD beats the heck out of stopping for more coffee. Immediate energy boost!)

ETA: maybe not a coincidence that when I went to listen to some more of his songs, I noticed in the list on the side some Rubblebucket. I guess I'm not the only one who relates their sounds
Old 10-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #136
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

After studying the lyrics in yesterday morning's French class and then hearing it sung again now before the France v Ireland rugby match.... this most bloodthirsty of anthems:

Old 10-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #137
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lola by The Kinks.

L-O-L-A Lola...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #138
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b08820d919a004

Quote:
Scientists may have found the most feel-good song ever written, and it's an infectious anthem from the 1970s. Any idea what it might be?

If you guessed Queen's infectious hit "Don't Stop Me Now," you guessed right.
Doubtless the evidence was indisputable...

Last edited by dwesterny; 10-16-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Wow I pasted the wrong song in there. Just noticed that. I'm an idiot...
dwesterny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #139
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Lola by The Kinks.

L-O-L-A Lola...
Oh great. This is stuck in my head now:
Old 10-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #140
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Oh great. This is stuck in my head now:
Yeah well thanks cause now this is stuck in my head:
Old 10-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #141
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Yeah well thanks cause now this is stuck in my head:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hARDXYz2io
Hahaha. My work here is done.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 AM   #142
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Why....just why?

MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #143
FluffyButterfly80
Let's be friends!

FluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging in

The new Adele song... I am slightly...ok COMPLETELY obsessed with it!

Old 10-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #144
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The cool rockabilly guitar riff of this piece has been on a loop in my skull of late. In finding the video to post here, I was impressed by the style of the vocal harmonies. Nobody does that anymore. Surprisingly good musicianship.

WARNING: EXTREMELY CATCHY !

Posting this is in no way 'cleansing'...that song is now more firmly-lodged than ever.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:39 AM   #145
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
The cool rockabilly guitar riff of this piece has been on a loop in my skull of late. In finding the video to post here, I was impressed by the style of the vocal harmonies. Nobody does that anymore. Surprisingly good musicianship.

WARNING: EXTREMELY CATCHY !

Posting this is in no way 'cleansing'...that song is now more firmly-lodged than ever.
Thanks for posting, FT.

This song brought back some really good memories. The Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons were one of my granddad's favorites; and he often used to watch them with my brother and me, laughing like crazy the whole time. He was a really meticulous, responsible person in many ways; but when it came to watching cartoons, he was just a big kid!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:03 PM   #146
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Thanks for posting, FT.

This song brought back some really good memories. The Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons were one of my granddad's favorites; and he often used to watch them with my brother and me, laughing like crazy the whole time. He was a really meticulous, responsible person in many ways; but when it came to watching cartoons, he was just a big kid!
Perhaps you'll appreciate what supplanted that tune, then.

FOR HOURS

Welcome to my head.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #147
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
Perhaps you'll appreciate what supplanted that tune, then.

FOR HOURS

Welcome to my head.
Oh, yes--definitely! My favorite version of "Ride of the Valkyries."
Old 12-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #148
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

This song! I love it! and I am not a big fan of Enrique.. but I love this song!

Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #149
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
This song! I love it! and I am not a big fan of Enrique.. but I love this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOyx...=RDoOyx3yFANXA

Why does this seem like a great counterpoint to the omnipresent Adele hit?

Old 01-26-2016, 02:53 PM   #150
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Default Amazing Lyrics..

I wonder what this song would sound like if Adele was singing it..

No matter the singer, the lyrics in this song are awesome!

Tags
jeffrey dahmer was framed