Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 05-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
GamerGainerGirl
SSBBW in progress

GamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this board
Default What do you consider BBW and SSBBW?

Something I have always been curious about- is when does one go from being a BBW to an SSBBW? Is there a weight that you view a woman as one, maybe a weight to height ratio kind of thing? Is it purely how fat they look? A certain size of of clothing? I am curious to see what different responses there are
Old 05-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My understanding is that once upon a time it came from sizing of clothes….that at the time size 16 through 26 was the standard range for plus sizes carried in stores, and that informally anything bigger than that was called super-sized. But I’ve never actually seen that confirmed by anyone who using that sort of size range say twenty-five years ago, was that the terms being thrown around as they knew them?

Anymore? Meh, who knows, I see people throw the term around with all sorts of meanings. Maybe it is a bit like saying someone has long hair--some people very clearly have long hair, some very clearly don't, but a lot of people, it depends what you call long....
Old 05-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've heard four different definitions...

1)Larger than a size 26
2)Larger than 300 pounds
3)Larger than 350 pounds
4) You know it when you see it

Definitions one and two were what I saw being used as benchmarks for the longest time. However, as more in society got bigger (in terms of number of people and the amount of weight fat people were carrying a piece), the line of demarcation has gotten murkier.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My personal definition has been:

If you have a measurement greater than your height, you're supersized.

A little simplistic, but consider the source.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #5
Frogman

Frogman can now change their title

It's a combination of instinct and the intuitive sense that a woman has achieved the upper--or "ultimate" bracket of sexy fatness. It could be broken down in terms of height-to-weight ratio, but that fails to account for the in-betweeners, so there's a grey area..
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #6
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

According to ScreamingChicken's list, I'd qualify as SSBBW for all the options. Except on here, these forums, I apparently DON'T qualify. So it's very subjective.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:00 AM   #7
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
I've heard four different definitions...
1)Larger than a size 26
2)Larger than 300 pounds
According to this I used to be almost SSBBW. Now I'm nowhere near it. Yet when I looked at old pictures of myself I don't look all that SSBBW.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #8
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've always been curious what people consider a BBW as well. I mean, is it a woman who is overweight? Because I am 5'2 and overweight at 134lbs. And I doubt anybody would call somebody that size a BBW. Is it a woman that is obese? That would be 164lbs for me... this is what I looked like at around 160lbs, would you say I was a BBW then?

I am around 180-190lbs now and I know there are plenty of people on here who still wouldn't consider me a BBW because I am under 200lbs. This is what I look like at that weight.

Just makes me wonder if there is any such things as a cut and dry definition of BBW or SSBBW. I would think not.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Loopy... here in the US I think you would fall under the normal maybe chunky. not BBW. That being said.. every man within 200 miles of you would be hitting on you here. FA or not...lol
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
Frogman

Frogman can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Just makes me wonder if there is any such things as a cut and dry definition of BBW or SSBBW. I would think not.
Bigness is relative, Beauty is subjective.
You, for instance, are stunningly beautiful in my eyes.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It used to be considered (in fashion) that anything over size 14 was plus-sized, anything over size 26 was BBW, and over size 34 was SSBBW, however, then arose USSBBW (Ultra Supersized) but weight had less a part to play than size because height and build plays into it, as CarlaSixx and others have pointed out many times in the forums.

When I was modeling in the late 90's, BBW was then considered the largest size range and most currently used term. Besides shows, and being a fit model, I did catalog print and online fashion modeling, where larger models were featured and still no one was using the term SSBBW. I was a size 32 when I started, sometimes fitting into as small as 26's, and while I weighed over 350 lbs., I had the height to 'pass' for BBW, although now many consider that SSBBW. I was still modeling when I weighed 450 lbs. and was wearing a 5X and doing specialty fashion shows and appearing on morning talk shows featuring plus-size fashion clips. Even then, it was still plus size or BBW.

The terms change with the times, though, and it's pretty much liquid where people fall into each range, much having to do with cultural preferences or location, too.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #12
GamerGainerGirl
SSBBW in progress

GamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this board

It is really interesting! I sometimes realize even I myself don't have a clear cut idea of an SSBBW. I am 5'4 and weigh 308lbs, wearing a 24 or 26 depending on the clothing item (maybe even a 28 in smaller fitting things). Sometimes I think I am quite close to being an SSBBW, and other times I feel like I am just chubby compared to them
I agree that height plays a part, and so does muscle vs fat, since A body builder could way a ton and not really be fat at all. Clothing size seems to be a pretty good way of viewing it too
Old 05-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm a yo-yo type of fatgirl, and I've gone up and down a lot, but because I'm short and busty, I always look like a BBW in proportion to the rest of me.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
I'm a yo-yo type of fatgirl, and I've gone up and down a lot, but because I'm short and busty, I always look like a BBW in proportion to the rest of me.
I do consider myself on the lower end of BBW-ness.

There's this visual guide that was totally offensive and seemed to be facetious, but it's stuck in my head ever since I read it years ago:

http://biggerfatterblog.blogspot.com...thats-not.html

some of the pictures are no longer showing up... which is just as well, since they were probably stolen anyway.

"This is a Chub. If a fat guy can pork it it's a Chub. If its tits stick out as far as its gut it's a Chub." - this describes me.

Last edited by Fat Molly; 05-09-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Fat Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
devinprater

devinprater can now change their title

Well, I'd say if they're around 5'6 and 320 pounds or so are SSBBWs. :-) Although I like them taller, my height or taller.
devinprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

Molly:

I would also say based on your profile photo of you lying on your side, your on the low end of BBWness as you call it. Or delightfully chubby! The guide you pointed out is offensive, though the general categories and photos are fairly accurate. I would surmise that an average height woman of 5'5" who weighs above 200 lbs. is a BBW. Above 300 lbs. an SSBBW. Taller or shorter women would be at different proportional weights. Having said that, if she is intelligent, attractive and has a sense of humor, all fat women are beautiful.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

To me there is not a set weight, it is based on shape and appearance. 200 lbs on one person may look different on another based on bone structure and muscle mass.

On appearance I would consider 90s Roseanne or Kelly Price as BBWs. I would consider any of the ladies on the pay site on Dims as SSBBWs.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #18
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Apparently there's no set weight or size.

I'm 4 foot 10, over 350lbs, wear a size 28/30, and am somehow NOT considered an SSBBW. And yet, for my height, that's exactly what I am. But since I have "too few" health concerns and my weight is under 450lbs, around these forums I'm told I'm just a BBW.

It's highly subjective, and offensive to me. Someone who's not "regular" height, and by this code and that code, I *should* be considered something, but everyone is refusing to agree... it's incredibly frustrating.

Because for the strictly SSBBW lovers, I'm "too small" by weight, and for the strictly BBW lovers, I'm "too large" by width.

It's a neverending battle. A really dumb neverending battle.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #19
Orso

Orso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesOrso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
....I'm 4 foot 10, over 350lbs, wear a size 28/30, and am somehow NOT considered an SSBBW. And yet, for my height, that's exactly what I am. But since I have "too few" health concerns and my weight is under 450lbs, around these forums I'm told I'm just a BBW..... Because for the strictly SSBBW lovers, I'm "too small" by weight, and for the strictly BBW lovers, I'm "too large" by width..... It's highly subjective, and offensive to me. Someone who's not "regular" height, and by this code and that code, I *should* be considered something, but everyone is refusing to agree... it's incredibly frustrating.
You're right, in my humble opinion you do are a SSBBW, actually you are a gorgeous SSBBW. We know that defining someone only on weight is useless, and in this case it is just preposterous. In this case, as we are speaking of the specific question of what is the limit for a SSBBW, the most important thing is the weight/height ratio and weight in itself is useless.

Just take a charming lady I know, who weighs 428 lbs (194 kgs for non-americans). Is she a SSBBW? This is the last of my considerations, but if I have to follow strictly a definition I think she is not a SSBBW, or she is just in the lowest reaches of SSBBW-hood because she 428 lbs (194 kgs), but 6' tall (1,83 m). So it's clear, weight without height is meaningless.

I understand your frustration against narrow-minded (and narrow-tasted) people who stick to definitions, and you are right. But do what Dante suggested in his Inferno: "Non ragioniam di lor ma guarda e passa". Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass.

By the way, according to my definition, the minimum weight for a SSBBW is about 3 times the current aesthetic "ideal" weight, therefore something like 330 lbs for 5'3" (around 150 kg for 1.60 m), 350-355 lbs for 5'5" (around 160 kg for 1,65 m), about 375 lbs for 5'7" (about 170 kg for 1.70 m). Therefore for your height the minimum weight should be around 290 lbs (130 kg), and you are definitely above that!
Orso is offline   Reply With Quote