Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #26
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ewww.

Let's put it this way. I went to Chinese wedding reception at a pretty high end restaurant and we had a fancy 10 course dinner and when I left I had to stop at Subway because I was starving. Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
It used to gross me out when my mom would make fresh whole fish and she and my dad would fight over the head and the eyes.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #27
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Sugar in salads? That's so weird to me.
Check your ingredients...it's in almost all dressings, particularly mayonnaise based ones.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #28
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

But who puts sugar in potato salad? Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
Check your ingredients...it's in almost all dressings, particularly mayonnaise based ones.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #29
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Southerners will put sugar in anything and everything. I HATE coleslaw that has sugar in it. Sugar in potato salad is just sacrilege IMO.

Seafood is overrated. I don't like oysters... pretty much all shellfish is off my list after having food poisoning. I think most fish stinks and is gross. I like salmon and certain fried fish... that's about it.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #30
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's pretty common here on the East coast to add sugar to potato salad...we're not talking a lot of sugar, just a touch. Another way it sneaks in is with sweet pickle relish, which has, you guessed it, sugar.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #31
ed1980

ed1980 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesed1980 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think, for me, it is not so much about region, as about posture. I simply hate this cow food frenzy people are about these years. It irks me!

What's so wrong in believing food chain? Cow eats grass - I eat cows? So simple ....
ed1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #32
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I put splenda instead of sugar in cole slaw and even then its usually half what the recipe calls for.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #33
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" Southerners will put sugar in anything and everything. I HATE coleslaw that has sugar in it. Sugar in potato salad is just sacrilege IMO. "

It's not so much that it's sugar and I have to restrict sugar consumption for health reasons, but the fact that everything is so sweet. Sweet in itself is not a bad thing. In fruit salad, dessert, and a pinch here and there to bring out other flavors. Sweet and sour is good too in some applications. But when I go to a barbecue restaurant or a picnic or a cookout and every single dish has sugar in it, it becomes sweetness overload and nothing tastes good.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #34
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post

It's not so much that it's sugar and I have to restrict sugar consumption for health reasons, but the fact that everything is so sweet. Sweet in itself is not a bad thing. In fruit salad, dessert, and a pinch here and there to bring out other flavors. Sweet and sour is good too in some applications. But when I go to a barbecue restaurant or a picnic or a cookout and every single dish has sugar in it, it becomes sweetness overload and nothing tastes good.
Theres a BBQ joint near me (western MA is NOT known for BBQ *sigh*) and while the meats were ok, the cornbread tasted like thick, dense, sickly sweet vanilla cake... Now I like a little sweetness, but I also want it to taste like CORN. BREAD.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #35
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Steamers, yuck. I ate waaay too many and puked as a little kid and haven't eaten them since.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #36
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Steamers, yuck. I ate waaay too many and puked as a little kid and haven't eaten them since.
I'll take your share
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:34 AM   #37
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

My dad was military so we were all over the place. A few of my most hated items are okra (except fried), chittlings (yuck and double yuck), beer and root beer, greens and grits. I used to hate greens but when I learned that you don't have to cook them til they're dead. With the right seasoning and a little sauteing and maybe a litte balsamic vinegar they are actually quite good. A friend taught me how to make cheese grits and they are pretty darn good too.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #38
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
My dad was military so we were all over the place. A few of my most hated items are okra (except fried), chittlings (yuck and double yuck), beer and root beer, greens and grits. I used to hate greens but when I learned that you don't have to cook them til they're dead. With the right seasoning and a little sauteing and maybe a litte balsamic vinegar they are actually quite good. A friend taught me how to make cheese grits and they are pretty darn good too.
Many people find they like okra, greens, and grits once they have them cooked properly. The first two should be cooked fast, the last slowly.

I thought I hated calamari until the day I had it done right.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #39
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I really don't like fish and chips. I eat it on occasion but I don't like it, it is so greasy and horrible.

I don't like curry (for those of you thinking wait, what? British-Indian food is very common nationally).

I don't like beer or ale or lager. Or iron bru.

And I don't like cream. No strawberries and cream, no cake and cream, just no cream!
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #40
RedheadinNJ
found Mr. Treats-me-Right

RedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Most of the local food I'm ok with but someone else can have my share of the shellfish. I've never been able to get past the way clams, mussels and oysters look. I don't care if it's in soup, raw, deep fried or any other way...I'm not eating it.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #41
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't like chocolate. Lol

But Michigan is known for produce and that's what I love. Blueberries, apples, asparagus (even though it makes urine smell horrid!!) lol
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #42
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I don't like chocolate. Lol
My wife has never liked chocolate. But, ten years ago, she had to have a back operation. It took her two months to recover, at the end of which she adored chocolate, particularly maraschino cherries. Go figure.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #43
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Because of my proximity to Amish Country, there's a lot of sweet stuff, which is okay in small doses but I can't handle sweet bbq sauce. It's revolting. I was looking for a bottled version of Roy Rogers' restaurant bbq sauce which was spicy with a bit of cinnamon in it but not so much sweet. I found one online and bought it in a supermarket and it was NOTHING like it and full of sugar. Most fast food bbq sauce is awful too. I think Kraft makes one or two that aren't too bad.

My grandmother's potato salad recipe includes chopped pickle as well as lemon juice, so no sweet anything, except for a bit of shaved carrot. If something is a bit too sharp or sour, like tomato sauce, I try to shave a carrot into it and it usually works.

I really don't like marshmallows. I've even tried them from other countries, but nope. The only exception is in Lucky Charms (the little hard marshmallows) or in smores.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #44
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am the same. I like smoke flavor BBQ more than anything else. The regular one is ok.

As far as marshmallows, I can only eat one of two at most! I am not a sugar person, I tend to go more for salt. Chips, dip, pretzels, sour candy (that stays sour for the most part).. things like that.

(I don't know how people eat fluff stuff.. I don't even like nutella.)
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #45
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Answer to all BBQ sauce problems: Sweet Baby Ray's
Old 06-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #46
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Answer to all BBQ sauce problems: Sweet Baby Ray's
That was the revolting one!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #47
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm partial to the Famous Dave's line of bbq sauces: Wilbur's Revenge, Texas Pit, Devil's Spit, Georgia Mustard, and Natural Heat
Old 06-03-2014, 09:36 PM   #48
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
That was the revolting one!
How dare you?! Lol
Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #49
Surlysomething

I prefer a dry rub over BBQ sauce.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #50
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i was at one of the local grocery stores today and actually saw pigs feet for sale. it is just something you can't un-see....

ug.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote