Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 05-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
technaut

technaut can now change their title
Question Metabolism and plateau issues

Hi all,
A have a question for those who have knowledge about nutrition.
After being able to gain from 240 to almost 290 in about a year, my girlfriend has been plateauing at 285 for several monthes.
I think she has what we call a fast metabolism. Actually, she goes often to the bathroom. The more greasy food she ingests, the faster she goes. It's like if her body was not keeping the fat she eats any more.

Her daily calory intake is quiet high, thanks to fat filled meals and binging, and big portions of food. That is : potatoe crisps, peanuts, french fries, self made dishes with lot of thick and heavy cream, spices... Chocolate, croissants, double cream oreos.
However, even if not that much active, she wasn't able to gain any weight over the last monthes. Actually she lost 10lbs at the beginning of the year and gained it back, hitting her plateau again. We're desperate.

How could we slow down her metabolism so that her body takes the time to store the fat and calories she eats ? And also avoid her to have tummy aches and not need to rush to the toilets after purposely overindulging ?

What sort of food should she eat (other than rice) with fat filled dressing ? Is there any sort of substance, herb, medicine that would help ?

Thank you so much for your help
Old 05-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
petersmyth79

petersmyth79 does more than just post hot picspetersmyth79 does more than just post hot picspetersmyth79 does more than just post hot pics

Not a sustainable way to gain weight, need to eat better and ditch some of the fatty food. Huge meals with less fat will be better for weight gain. Lots of carbs and meat. If she is having dihorrea everyday that is not good, too much fat that the GI tract can't handle.
petersmyth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know all that much about gaining, but I know that diarrhoea is not the sign of a fast metabolism. It's the sign of a body not being able to handle what's being put in it. Your girlfriend's obviously struggling with the amount of fat in her diet, which probably isn't doing her liver any good either. There are people here able to give you much better advice than I but I'd say you need to slow it down and do it more healthily - an excess of calories, but healthy calories.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technaut View Post
Hi all,
A have a question for those who have knowledge about nutrition.
After being able to gain from 240 to almost 290 in about a year, my girlfriend has been plateauing at 285 for several monthes.
I think she has what we call a fast metabolism. Actually, she goes often to the bathroom. The more greasy food she ingests, the faster she goes. It's like if her body was not keeping the fat she eats any more.
Alarm bells ringing here. See below.
Quote:
Her daily calory intake is quiet high, thanks to fat filled meals and binging, and big portions of food. That is : potatoe crisps, peanuts, french fries, self made dishes with lot of thick and heavy cream, spices... Chocolate, croissants, double cream oreos.
However, even if not that much active, she wasn't able to gain any weight over the last monthes. Actually she lost 10lbs at the beginning of the year and gained it back, hitting her plateau again. We're desperate.

How could we slow down her metabolism so that her body takes the time to store the fat and calories she eats ? And also avoid her to have tummy aches and not need to rush to the toilets after purposely overindulging ?
I'd suggest you and your gf put a pause on the push for weight gain*, and refocus on your gf's health, certainly until she has worked out, preferably with the help of a doctor why she is suffering after eating fatty foods.

My first thought, after hearing "tummy aches" and diarhea after eating high fat foods is: gall bladder problem!?

Don't mess about with gastrointestinal health, this is serious business.

(*Also, maybe the two of you might work at being grateful / happy where you're both at, sometimes there's a gulf between acheivable reality and desire, and sometimes desire needs to get recalibrated some.

All the best to the two of you.)
Old 05-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
technaut

technaut can now change their title

Thank you for your kind advices !
We'll cut down on fat and try a healthier diet for a while.
Actually diahrrea is also caused by some medicine she takes but I'm also concerned by her liver.
Gaining or loosing, we'll let it happen by itself