Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #26
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
The sad thing is, most of my revealing stories are from when I was a tiny.
I suspect this is the case for many people, because:

1) kids are so earnestly themselves
2) we've had more time to look back and reflect on things that happened longer ago, and see how it connects with other things.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #27
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I suspect this is the case for many people, because:

1) kids are so earnestly themselves
2) we've had more time to look back and reflect on things that happened longer ago, and see how it connects with other things.
Agreed –- both of those are great points. It’s interesting what some of those past experiences can teach us, especially once we’re old (and wise) enough to put them in perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSensible View Post
All I can remember after that was crying in front of everyone as I held the teacher's waste .
And because I just noticed it and it’s bugging the crap out of me –- waist*

I’m OCD about typos like that…
Old 06-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #28
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ODFFA's story reminded me of another thing that happened to me.

Beautiful sunny afternoon in Spring. I'm waking home from work, passing by the park. Two cute girls coming from the other direction, probably just got out of classes at the university. I veer left of the sidewalk to let them by.

Just as they pass by I walk into an invisible spider web hanging from a tree with a hundred hatchlings in my face and hair.

From their perspective all they see is this fat guy suddenly roar and start flailing his arms around as he approached them. One girl screamed and they took off. I feel so bad if I traumatized them.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #29
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post

Beautiful sunny afternoon in Spring. I'm waking home from work, passing by the park. Two cute girls coming from the other direction, probably just got out of classes at the university. I veer left of the sidewalk to let them by.

Just as they pass by I walk into an invisible spider web hanging from a tree with a hundred hatchlings in my face and hair.

From their perspective all they see is this fat guy suddenly roar and start flailing his arms around as he approached them. One girl screamed and they took off. I feel so bad if I traumatized them.
Ahhh, I just got itchy all over just hearing about this! Never mind the girls, I am surprised you are not traumatised from being covered in tiny spiders like that, I'd have had a full blown panic attack!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #30
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

Hahaha, sorry to laugh but I can't even tell you how much I relate to this -- particularly the spider part. Every place that I've lived in the last 5 or so years has had tons of relatively low hanging trees around them. I don't know what it is but I am a fucking magnet when it comes to any web-like substance. It even happens in places you wouldn't think a web could exist; like they fabricate out of thin air just to assault my face.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, pisses me off more than walking face first into a spider web. Even thinking about it makes my skin crawl.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #31
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Come to think of it, I guess this counts as a spider-related revealing story!

My mother once had to kick the door down off of our bathroom because I had gone to the toilet and locked the door behind me. It was one of those bolt locks as well where you move the bolt across into the little holders screwed into the door. Now when I was in there I saw the mother of all spiders crawl out from the radiator between me and the door. I am terrified and the bathroom is tiny and I just freaked out and climbed on top of the toilet seat and screamed at the top of my lungs over and over until my mum kicked the door down and saved me from the evil spider!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #32
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
From their perspective all they see is this fat guy suddenly roar and start flailing his arms around as he approached them.
I once saw, from a few blocks away, a girl walking towards me while making really weird gestures with her arms. I was bracing myself to avoid eye contact, when she got close enough for me to see the very thin leash she was holding, and the ferret running around on the end of it.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #33
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Never mind the girls, I am surprised you are not traumatised from being covered in tiny spiders like that, I'd have had a full blown panic attack!
Heh. Nope. I grew up in the country so I'm used to crawlies. Aside from the initial surprise, it didn't faze me. Just hung my shirt outside to blow off and had a shower.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:13 AM   #34
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Heh. Nope. I grew up in the country so I'm used to crawlies. Aside from the initial surprise, it didn't faze me. Just hung my shirt outside to blow off and had a shower.
To me, that makes you just about the most macho and badass person ever!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #35
tankyguy

Quote:
To me, that makes you just about the most macho and badass person ever!
I've been called a lot of things, but a macho man isn't one of them.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #36
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Two stories that reveal something about me (and my long-suffering wife):

1. I met my wife-to-be at the library. We got to chatting, checked our books out, and decided to continue the conversation at a restaurant about a mile away. We both headed for our cars, planning to meet up at the restaurant, when I suddenly remembered I had WALKED to the library. So I had to run after the poor girl and beg a ride from her.

2. Early in our marriage, after making love, my wife lay back in my arms and sighed, "What are you thinking about?" I replied, truthfully, "Etruscan pottery." She never asked again.

She has stuck with me despite all this, and we are celebrating our thirty-first anniversary today.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #37
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post

She has stuck with me despite all this, and we are celebrating our thirty-first anniversary today.
Happy Anniversary--that is awesome

and someone please rep this guy for me!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #38
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Happy Anniversary--that is awesome

and someone please rep this guy for me!!!!!!!
Got him for both of us. And because I stupidly forgot to say it in the rep -- Happy Anniversary
Old 06-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #39
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
2. Early in our marriage, after making love, my wife lay back in my arms and sighed, "What are you thinking about?" I replied, truthfully, "Etruscan pottery."
My husband was once channel-surfing and came across a "travel" show, which was really an excuse to show lots of swimsuit models. He regarded it with a bored expression until they cut to a shot of a sea-turtle.
Him: "Look! A turtle!"
Me: "I love you."
Him: "What?"
Old 06-04-2014, 12:07 AM   #40
Undine
Jigglypuff!

Undine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going onUndine knows EXACTLY what's going on

I love this thread so much I'll stop lurking for a moment to chime in.

During my freshman and sophomore years of college, I struck up a friendship with a vocal performance major who lived on my floor. We both liked the same kinds of music, both loved to sing, and both had rather twisted senses of humor, so, when it was announced that our campus would be starting a weekly coffee house in the basement of our dorm, we decided to form a band and perform at it.

Of course the most important part of forming a band is naming it. We went through all sorts of absurd choices until we finally came to one that we felt really fit us. This was back in the golden era of Livejournal and Xanga and internet quizzes like "which pop-punk band are you?" and "which mythological creature speaks to your soul?" I was wasting time between classes one day by taking some of these silly quizzes, one of which was "what angel are you?" or something like that. I cracked up at my answer and immediately got the brilliant idea to have my bandmate take the quiz, too. So I sent her the link, she took it with an equally hilarious result, and we decided that our "angels" would be the perfect band name.

So that is how two geeky, bespectacled, emo college girls singing pretty soprano harmonies to songs such as Alkaline Trio's "Radio," Dashboard Confessional's "Screaming Infidelities," and John Denver's "Annie's Song," accompanied by an acoustic guitar, came to be known as Death and Vengeance.

I am still known as Death by most of my college friends.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #41
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

1. So I don't remeber the lyrics, but as a child I used to have this sassy ass song I would sing as I was on the toilet. No matter where I was. I would sing it. It was about a fairy... or something along those lines.

2. As kids, my sister and I hated each other and tried to get one another in trouble. We used to go around writing each others names on the walls with markers so my mom would think that the other one did it, but then we started writing our own names on the wall to make it even more confusing... we were/are weird.

3. In high school, I was shy, but my best friend Cody (thank god) had been there since freshman year... he always got me in trouble. We were crazy. He ran that school. Freshman year, mind you, this is like the beginning of our friendship. It was homecoming week and there was parades outside our school and an assembly inside, and us being annoying little freshman were running around inside. Our mascot was an Indian head so my friend Lisa at the time ran across the gym in front of the whole school right before the assembly started, wearing it like a moron and then Cody followed her and I followed Cody... as I was running, at some point I fumbled and tripped, did an awesome barrel roll in from of the ENTIRE school and they all stopped, did that little "GASP" you hear in movies, and BUSTED OUT LAUGHING. This is something I will remember - literally forever - and also described how clumsy I am and what kind of crap I got myself into back in my high school days... Just sums up my personality!

4. One of my ex boyfriends from high school had told me once he knew when he had fallen in love with me (which no one has ever told me WHEN they'd fallen in love with me) is when he had to go to the nursing home to see his grandmother and though I couldn't be there with him, he was worried about not being able to talk to me and I told him not to worry about it, to basically focus his attention on her and to talk to me whenever he has time after, that it was no issue. I had never been one to say stuff like that because it was all new to me, but it came naturally and I'll always remember this. Basically made me realize that caring like that (I was young and didn't know a lot about relationships lol) is a really good thing and that I've always been genuine about caring for others.

Last edited by x0emnem0x; 06-04-2014 at 12:31 PM.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:38 AM   #42
otherland78

otherland78 can now change their title

Quote:
Off the top of my head two things from uni sum me up pretty well.

I don't remember what I had said previous to this because frankly, I say a lot of dumb things but one of friends from uni declared me 'the dumbest smart person they had ever met'. I feel that sums me up pretty well!

The other thing that comes to mind is probably something that doesn't come across too well online, which is my sense of humour. I still get the two sentences from this anecdote quoted at me by my uni friends! First off, somebody held a door open for me and said 'ladies first' and for some reason I responded by saying 'I'm not a lady, you go first!" and stopping on the spot. My friend thought this was so hilarious he told my boyfriend at the time that I wasn't a lady. Cue bickering about my female-ness until I eventually shouted at the top of my lungs 'if you don't shut up I'm going to get my tits out!' in the middle of the biology department car park.

I think those two quotes/anecdotes probably sum up my randomness and bizarre sense of humour that people either get or stare blankly at me!
haha really ??? you said that ;-) O.O

i love you haha
i really like those crazy things although i would get beet red in thef ace if i were your bf back then lol
otherland78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #43
bayone

Quote:
1. At around 6, I *insisted on attending our family Christmas get-together wearing my mother’s shiny silver maxi skirt as a strapless dress. I put an alice band around my waist to keep it in place, and it still trailed a bit behind me. I kept tripping over it the whole night, but I didn’t care.
Sounds like something I'd have done. Did you ever put knee-socks on your arms as long gloves?
Old 06-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #44
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Sounds like something I'd have done. Did you ever put knee-socks on your arms as long gloves?
Ohhh yes. And I always made a beeline for the real thing in my grandmother's closet whenever we went to visit her.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #45
tankyguy

Long gloves you say?

http://www.glad2bawoman.com/sites/de...s/flapper3.jpg

Old 06-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #46
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, at my 21st, my two best friends went around asking everyone if they had any funny stories about me. Peoples eyes would light up straight away and they'd say "YES!"
At which point my friends would interject with "Family friendly!!"
Whereupon their faces would fall, and they'd just stand there going "uhhhmmm..."

When I was little, I wanted to walk around the mall I work in now dressed as Rainbow Brite. I get to stand out the front of my shop dressed like a Sylvanian Families rabbit once a year though, which is a close second.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #47
bayone

Quote:
Ohhh yes. And I always made a beeline for the real thing in my grandmother's closet whenever we went to visit her.
By university I'd amassed enough gloves and fancy accessories that I was the floor quartermaster any time there was a formal dance.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #48
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As a teenager, I was questioned by the police regarding the burning of one church and one school. Wasn't responsible for either, but it was nice that they thought of me.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #49
Tad
mostly harmless

Somehow this ^^^^^^ doesn't surprise me....
=================================

I guess that when I first read about the game ‘Halo’ I mis-read the character title, which led me to read other things about the game in a certain light, which made me rather like the sound of the game. I mean, when everyone else has been taken down, the freaking cook turns out to be a total bad-ass and tears through the enemy as an unstoppable force? It was almost enough to make me go buy a game console, just so I could play this Master Chef guy.

When I finally realized that I’d missed seeing an ‘I’, and that the character was actually a faceless super-soldier my sense of disappointment was massive; it felt like one of those moments as a kid where your naive illusions get shattered. And my desire to play the game entirely disappeared—in truth I still kind of resent it for letting me down, even if it was all my own fault.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #50
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post

When I was little, I wanted to walk around the mall I work in now dressed as Rainbow Brite. I get to stand out the front of my shop dressed like a Sylvanian Families rabbit once a year though, which is a close second.
I'd really like to see a picture of that!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote