Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #51
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Somehow this ^^^^^^ doesn't surprise me....
=================================

I guess that when I first read about the game ‘Halo’ I mis-read the character title, which led me to read other things about the game in a certain light, which made me rather like the sound of the game. I mean, when everyone else has been taken down, the freaking cook turns out to be a total bad-ass and tears through the enemy as an unstoppable force? It was almost enough to make me go buy a game console, just so I could play this Master Chef guy.

When I finally realized that I’d missed seeing an ‘I’, and that the character was actually a faceless super-soldier my sense of disappointment was massive; it felt like one of those moments as a kid where your naive illusions get shattered. And my desire to play the game entirely disappeared—in truth I still kind of resent it for letting me down, even if it was all my own fault.
Funny you should say this because one of my favourite video games for the 3D0 was PO'ed which is in fact that exact story line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PO%27ed

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:52 AM   #52
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think I just had another moment last night that sums me up quite well. My sister and I were discussing the new pokemon mega-evolutions revealed and my sister mentioned Diance and how she figured they would be doing an event give away soon. I agreed that it was likely to fit in with the new movie featuring Diance, which I couldn't remember the name of ended up calling 'Diance and the fucking amazing stone' which just cracked my sister up completely!
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #53
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

When I was a freshman in High School I asked an older girl to go Horseback riding.

It was my hope that after seeing my manly horse handling skills an actual date might commence in the future. The Day of Horseback riding arrived and I was feeling slightly unwell. I carried on anyway. Halfway though our trek I called a halt handed her my reigns and proceeded to puke my guts out. Somehow I missed the callback on that one.
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #54
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
The Day of Horseback riding arrived and I was feeling slightly unwell. I carried on anyway. .
Oh dear. I sort of had the reverse of that in college: a secret admirer sent me a note and a theatre ticket, and I therefore couldn't call on the night of the play to say "not actually feeling that well -- rain check?" I made it through the show, but threw up in the coffee shop afterwards.

Fortunately I wasn't into him anyway and he's now married to someone else and has a kid (I see them on the bus sometimes).
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #55
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

After I proposed to my wife I went on a fishing trip without her.

Like an hr after

And she married me anyway
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #56
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Angry

Getting dressed for work this morning, super cold so I was wearing my favourite black leggings. I get to work, take off my wraps and realise that in getting dressed I HAD FORGOTTEN TO PUT MY FUCKING SKIRT ON.

Leggings are NOT PANTS.

I used one of my wraps as a skirt, ran to City Chic and found this cute black pleather skirt for $15.

So all in all, not too bad a morning
Old 06-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #57
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This thread is great!

Here's a few of mine:

1). We lived on a cul-de-sac when I was very young. When I was about 3, there was a large black dog known to bite children that lived a few streets over. One day it got loose and was coming down our street - all the neighborhood kids went running indoors - I went running towards the dog yelling "Doggie Doggie" - it sat down and let me put my arms around it to pet it.
I was also known to feed the vicious dogs next door some of my ice cream cone - they'd take a lick (through the fence), I'd take a lick and so forth.

2). When I was 16, my sister & I were staying with my father and his then fiance' for the first time. My father had a violent temper and was very abusive but had sworn he was changing. We had gone to a gun show and I saw a revolver that looked identical to one my mom had had when they were married. I mentioned it to him and he started acting weird - got very quiet. We went home, and I took a nap due to having a bad sinus headache. When I got up a couple of hours later, we were to decide how to handle dinner - his fiance' had to work nightshift and we were leaving the next day to head home. My sister, his fiance' and I were talking quietly in the living-room and she decided to go ask him (he was laying down and watching tv in their room) - they had the door shut. Next thing I know he started yelling at her for no good reason etc. She came out ghostly white - we asked her quietly what happened, she honestly didn't know. The next thing we knew, he came charging out bellowing crap and all - I don't remember this but my sister says I was clenching and unclenching my fist. I looked at him and told him even though he swore he was changing, he never had and never would. And I walked past him into the bathroom and shut/locked the door and leaned against it. My father was 6'3 and built like a linebacker and just as strong - wasn't sure what he was going to do. I remember hearing him say what the bleep was she talking about and looking in the mirror and telling myself if I didn't face him then, I would never live it down. So, I calmly walked back out and he came over trying to bully me - he got very quiet (when he was his most dangerous) and said just what the hell did you mean by that? I said you know damn well what I mean - he knew I could have taken him on physically if I had had to (weightlifting and doing swimming in HS had me in good muscle tone even at 225pds). He took a long look at me as I just didn't care any more - he backed off and said we could leave then. I said no. We will leave in the morning as planned. He said he was going for a walk and we better be gone by then. Again, I said no. We're going to dinner and then we will leave in the morning. Which we did.

When us girls got to his fiance's car, she broke down sobbing, so did I. She wanted to go after him as she had never seen him like this but I said no. Let him cool off. So we went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Only other people there were a brother and sister - he started getting very ill looking at the table (they were across the restaurant from us) and he had to leave - they had to walk right past us to get out - when he was a few feet away from us, he couldn't hold in his stomach contents any longer and let it spew - within inches of my feet on the floor. Everyone looked horrified - they ran out - (neither had eaten there) - the youngest waiter got stuck having to clean up the mess and looked so pathetic at my feet. It was after he got done, (mind you all this happened with all of us being super quiet), I took one look at my sister and I roared with laughter - I just couldn't help myself - the night had turned so bizarre by then!!!!

And so we had a great time at dinner, she went to work, we went back, my father didn't say one word to us, we drove home the next day in a little Chevy Vega he had given us that he had drove across country in, the windshield heater vents not working, my sister at the steering wheel and both of us with our heads hanging out the windows trying to see where we were going from the Bay Area to So. CA in torrential rains - oh yeah, it was a fun trip!
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:54 AM   #58
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow, Saisha, that takes a huge amount of strength to stand up to your father like that. I am hugely impressed that you stood up to him that way!
Old 06-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #59
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Thanks - it wasn't the first time I had stood my ground with him - the other main time was when I was 12 - his parents were coming over for a visit from out of town - we had cleaned my sister's bedroom (where they would be staying) until it was spotless but he still found fault - so he decided to get out his belt and have at it - he spanked my sister who was 15, then it was my turn - something in me just snapped and I refused to cry - clenched my jaw really hard - he saw that I wasn't crying so decided to hit me again - he had a thick leather belt and both it and his belt buckle left a couple of scars from how hard he hit me - but I still refused to cry in front of him (I broke down later in my room). I just wasn't going to let him win. It was shortly thereafter my parents split up thank God!

it's funny about me - I get very protective of people I care about and won't think twice of doing what needs to be done to ensure everyone's safety yet when it comes to myself, sometimes I just freeze up - stupid I know
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #60
nohum2

nohum2 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I was dating a guy for about 4 months. We had an elaborate date day planned on our mutual day off - lunch at a nice restaurant, a hike and a movie. He called me that morning and said, "Esther, I know this is a long shot, but I gotta ask... my buddy just gave me a ticket for Slayer tonight in Toronto. I'd have to scrap our whole plan today to go with him. What are the odds you won't hate me if I go?"
My response was, "IT'S SLAYER. Please go."
He declared me a keeper on that day.
Where abouts are you that he could go to Toronto on short notice? Just curious being a scarborough native.
nohum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:52 AM   #61
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Reviving this thread on explicit wish from ODFFA....

Maybe also time to include one of my own:
I have what could be called 'underlayer phobia' - absolutely hate having to wear things like tights under pants (like when it's super cold) or under-/t-shirts under sweaters/blouses/shirts.
Have had that since childhood, then got in constant fights with my mother who believes in bundling up. She in essence is right, because in my case this phobia is not related to me getting hot easily. On the contrary, I like my world nice and warm and tend to be cold very quickly. Solution to that - as Xyantha said - always draping lots of scarves over me.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #62
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The most defining/telling story about me is that when I was growing up from birth to about eight years old, I lived on a small block with no other kids. Both my parents worked full time so my sister and I were raised partially by our grandparents and were always spending time with them and their friends. It would explain why I grew up to be a geriatric social worker/counselor who doesn't want children
Old 05-03-2016, 07:05 AM   #63
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am a purely functional being; I don't like clutter, and retain only about five small sentimenta objects. When something is no longer needed, it is donated or trashed. My horse? A single shoe. My dog? His collar and ashes. Wedding? A few photos and the ring.

So I find it weird, even in myself, that I have this instinctual urge to "horde" undies. Like, I will have 10 pairs. I get 10 new ones, and my brain tells to kwep the original 10...just in case.

Just in case of what!? A small flood in the bedroom that only a tangle of worn panties can hold at bay!?

It is the only thing I tend to cling to, though.

I suppose it is because it is so hard to find comfortable underwear, that throwing them out is painful.

But still goddamn weird, IMO.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #64
loopytheone
Administrator

Two about me from this weekend, showcasing my weird sense of humour!

First one, I was out for dinner with my extended family (all the aunts, our honorary aunt and her kids, my mother and sister) and the topic turned to my sister and how she was bullied by my brother growing up. For context, my brother committed suicide several years ago. My sister mentioned that he always seemed to have the upper hand over her, to which I replied with 'Well, I guess you got the last laugh in the end though, right?' in my usual deadpan tone. My aunts were absolutely appalled by that joke but my mother found it absolutely hilarious.

As for the second one, I honestly don't know if this says more about me or my other half, but we were skyping together and talking about various food gifts I've gotten from people on feabie. This included 15 boxes of shortbread fingers and I mentioned that I only had three boxes left and I was going to starve when they ran out. He proceeded to tell me that I wasn't going to starve without shortbread, because he doesn't have any shortbread and... he basically just trailed off there, took one look at me smirking and told me to shut up before I even said anything. We are both trolls and poke fun at each other all the time and he was right, I was just about to make a comment about his chubbiness. But like I told him, you can't tell me to shut up because you insulted yourself in your own head!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #65
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We moved when I was eight years old, from a small town to a suburban neighborhood. On our dead-end street (how much more suburban can you get, right?) there was two kids roughly my age, a boy in my grade at my school, and a girl a year younger who went to the catholic school instead of the one I was at. Naturally I figured Iíd be friends with the boy, and as a bonus he was kind of chunky, and his parents were really fat, amongst the fattest people Iíd met (to be clear, Iíd not met very many fat people in my life, but at the time they were probably both over three hundred pounds). I really wanted to be friends with him, but we never did get along very well. We did do stuff after school quite a bit the first year that I lived there, a bit in the second year, and pretty much not after that.

Oddly he was the first person that I knew I disagreed with about politics. See, Iíd moved from Manitoba, where the NDP party (prairie socialists) had been in power for a few years, and they had provincialized part of the auto-insurance market (all liability insurance was done through a provincial insurance company). Iíd moved into Ontario where the NDP were perpetually the third party, but doing something similar with the auto insurance market was in their platform, and his father was an insurance agent. So the boy was adamantly against the NDP and knew that their insurance policy was a horrible thing, while of course I tended to think that everything was better where Iíd come from, so of course the NDP were OK and their insurance move had made sense.

After we discovered that difference, I learned to avoid politics with him. We also were different in so many ways, so by the second year after we moved there I wasnít playing with him much and by the third year barely at all, and we went our own ways over the years.

I still happen to think that Manitobaís provincialized liability insurance system makes sense (last I heard, fees were in part baked into your driverís license cost, so that if you had racked up a lot of demerit points it cost you a lot more to be allowed to drive, period). More broadly Iím not particularly socialist, but Iím a not untypical Ďcentrist Canadianí, which would put me on the left wing of things in the US I guess (that supporting glbtq rights and universal health care is considered left wing in the USA is something I still find a bit mind-boggling). Iíd connected with former neighbour on Facebook some time ago, and every year or so think to take a look at his timeline and see how heís doing. Heís been living in the US for years, and on his timeline recently he had re-posted a classic republican ďhereís how dumb liberals areĒ joke.

It makes me wonder, was it just our personalities that would have led us to these kinds of political leanings in the long run anyway? Or did that early clash give us each an early political identity which then led us to identify with certain positions, cascading to where we are now?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #66
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I felt the (uncommon) urge to spend money, but didn't immediately need anything. So I went to Shoppers Drug Mart, and dropped about 100 bucks prepurchasing essentials, such as condoms, zantac, and i went "ca ray zy" and bought some melatonin to try.

I don't enjoy clothes, nicknaks, etc. So my spending is always practica; either on stuff i need, or improving my dwelling.

Except where it relates to my dogs, then i have no problem dropping hundreds of bucks on supplies and competitions.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #67
loopytheone
Administrator

I think I had a moment that sums up my whole over excited/stimulated aspie self pretty well earlier. I got a new washing machine, the first one that I have ever personally owned, and sent my bf this message:

"The washing machine is in! It is washing things! Things are spinning round and water is happening! I'm excited and scared!!!"

Followed by:

"My towels are rolling over and over and over!!! =D"

...yes, I was running between watching the washing machine and my typing on my laptop in the other room to give him status updates on it whilst he was at work. Happy-flappy-stimmy hands all the way and everything.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #68
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am known to make dinosaur noises while operating earth moving equipment.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:20 PM   #69
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

species of dinosaur? I need more information to properly visualize
Old 06-18-2016, 07:02 AM   #70
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
species of dinosaur? I need more information to properly visualize
Its all fairly generic. RAArrring And chomping noises.