Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default How to cook a perfect soft boiled egg. . .

I love them but quit fixing them because I couldn't cook them consistently: The whites should be set but the yokes should be creamy. Here is a technique that will insure you perfect soft-boiled eggs every time:

The device that they use to crack and remove the top also works every time to produce a clean break with no shell in the egg. For ~ $41 you can get it, two egg cups, and four egg spoons.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a perfect egg along with a little toast and a coupla pieces of bacon for breakfast this morning. I'll probably have the same tomorrow morning.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

http://www.amazon.de/PiepEi-Das-Gold...ywords=piep+ei

This reminded me of something made in germany.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Although I studied it in college, my German isn't really up to speed.

From what I can gather, this is an egg shaped/sized device that is placed in the pan with the eggs and plays certain tunes based on its internal temperature. Is that correct?

It sounds like a marvelous idea. I've never seen one available in the USA and I've got practically every cooking gadget known.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #4
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Yes you got it right. You store the egg with the real eggs and boil it together with them. It the right point it boiling is achieved, it plays the melody as long as you hold it under cold water.
I sorry its only sold here in germany but I wanted to introduce it to you cause its a lot of fun because eveyone starts to sing along the songs with it ;-)
Old 05-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #5
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

After looking around a bit on amazon.com, I found that Norpro makes several models that are similar. Here is one.

http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Egg-Rit...rpro+egg+timer

I just gotta order one and try it. All we need is another cooking gadget!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:07 AM   #6
firefly

I hope this will be the most useful gadget ever for boiling the perfect egg! (Otherwise I have to send a careparcel for your as-I-know-very-spoiled doggie, to replace the wasted money)
Old 05-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Thanks firefly. I ordered one from amazon and will check it out.

What ever gave you the impression that my dog is spoiled? She leads a very spartan existence.

Spartan, I tell you!

Last edited by smithnwesson; 05-30-2014 at 07:26 PM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 AM   #8
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

S&W your posts (about your dog) always make me smile. I am gonna try the egg thingy from amazon.com and thanks for the info. I haven't had a decent soft boiled egg in ages. Amazon has quite a few egg thingys (technical term) that sound interesting, may have to order 1 or 2. I can't quite bring my self to pop $ 48.00 for the "top cutter".