Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #26
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I don't know whether to envy people who remember plenty of dreams or not? The only times I remember dreams at all is when I wake from them, which usually only happens when I'm too hot or have to use the washroom or some other discomfort that leads to weird and/or stressful dreams. Even then I can never remember them for long--even if vivid at the time, by later that day they are already gone.

The one thing I can remember is that I seem to have certain 'sets' in my head (school, work, home, etc).....none of which correspond to any actual place that I've ever been, so far as I can tell. So I'll always be in the same school corridors, know that those are school corridors, but they are not the corridors of any school that I've been in. I can get that the brain would be lazy and re-use the same 'set' all the time, but then why not use an actual memory of a place I've been?
I feel so much less alone now!! I think, for the most part, I do actually envy people who remember a lot of their dreams.

Also, I have had a handful of lucid dreams in recent years, and the majority of them were wonderful.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you wake up during the night and go back to sleep, you're more likely to remember your dreams and/or lucid dream! I forget exactly why, but it does work and is the number one reason I sleep until 2pm over break...
Old 06-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #28
KingBuu

KingBuu can now change their title

I usually remember my dreams as I wake up, but forget right away.
KingBuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 AM   #29
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
If you wake up during the night and go back to sleep, you're more likely to remember your dreams and/or lucid dream! I forget exactly why, but it does work and is the number one reason I sleep until 2pm over break...
Good to know! Any tips on going back to sleep? I just end up semi-consciously fantasising about whatever until I can't stand lying around anymore. Which, I suppose, isn't all that bad either. Just less interesting/surreal
Old 06-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #30
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When people refer to dreams, they tend to mean REM dreams. You're more likely to remember those if you interrupt your sleep cycle while you're in REM.
Don't set your alarm clock for the same time each day, the body tries to make sure you're in the shallower stages when your alarm is due to go off.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

More weirdness! Which is unusual for me but I remembered these 2 and actually texted them to myself so I would remember hehe. So last night/this morning I had one dream where I was holding a baby alligator and it bit my finger... not sure what all that's about, apparently something I Googled which would be like having to deal with a problem that's just hanging on maybe.

Then the next one I was randomly in a hospital (I think it was supposed to be a vet but it was totally a hospital), and I had been carrying my dog around which I think was already dead (cause my tiny dog that was in the dream actually did late last year), but in the dream I was carrying him around crying because I had to "put him down" even though I think he was still dead, maybe that's just my mind still trying to cope with it, cause I do miss him.

Someone should start interpreting these dreams... lol, who has a dream book!?
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:33 AM   #32
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Dream report

I. A small boy lived with his single=parent father who disappeared every afternoon. I don’t mean he left – he actually vanished from existence, to reappear the following morning with no memory that anything odd had happened. No one else, except the kid, seemed to notice either. The boy was able to get home from school each day on his own, but with no one to cook dinner for him, he’d taken to asking for an extra glass of milk at breakfast, which he’d stash in the fridge for later. This morning, however, the father was anxious to get going and didn’t want to pour any more milk, and the son was unable to explain to him why it was necessary.

II. In a slightly spooky library, I found a book called The Iterations of Emily, about a woman who finds an anthology of stories which are all AU versions of her own life. I then spent the rest of the dream recommending it to everyone I met, mainly a woman who sort of looked like Gina Torres but with dreads.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #33
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am loving reading some of your dreams! I wish I remembered more of mine, I tend to remember the general idea but that is about it!

I dreamt last night that my ex's mother died. I really need to stop dreaming about that family dying. Perhaps it is my brain trying to communicate to me how little importance they hold for me anymore?
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #34
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This was a bizarre one.

It was night and a taxi let me out at my first apartment. I was aware that I haven't lived there for 8 years or so and thought it was strange I would even go back there. My key still worked, nobody lived there and some of my stuff was still inside, covered in dust. Everything that I owned then that I don't still have now was there; my old laptop, my college futon. My TV wasn't there because, as I told myself in the dream, it's in my room at home. The lights didn't work and everything in the fridge and cupboards had spoiled. It was as if I had abandoned the place and it had sat unoccupied since. I wanted to leave but I couldn't until the sun came for some reason. I wanted to check my mail slot to see why there wasn't a bunch of unpaid bills and an eviction notice but I woke up just then.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:04 AM   #35
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a Dims related dream last night, for the first time!

I dreamt that Mr Sensible started a thread explaining why he was afraid of the letter h! It took me quite a while upon awakening to realise this hadn't actually happened!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #36
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I keep dreaming I'm back in university, and I get to class and everyone's turning in an assignment I didn't even know about. It's so real I wake up in a panic!
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #37
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

I dreamt that Mr Sensible started a thread explaining why he was afraid of the letter h! It took me quite a while upon awakening to realise this hadn't actually happened!
LOL. This is awesome.

I had some more weird dreams. I had another zombie apocalypse related dream which was uber weird, and then some random one having to do with:

a.) boyfriend
b.) League of Legends (video game) and
c.) my mother randomly walking in on me while I was masturbating

I have no idea what is going on in my head or why I am remembering all of these dreams.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #38
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I dreamt I was working in an office where everyone else was secretly following an anime about a baseball league where the players were all magical girls who played in frilly lolly-goth dresses.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:02 AM   #39
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a dream over the weekend that Jared Leto was plotting to murder me. He was trying to get close to me and learn everything about me but was secretly seeking to kill me. I woke up like "nooooo, anyone but Jared Leto"

Last edited by fat9276; 06-23-2014 at 07:04 AM.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #40
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

I totally missed this yesterday. The letter h, huh? I take it I made a compelling argument? Really, who wouldn't void themselves after waking up to this in the middle of the night?

Old 06-23-2014, 07:21 AM   #41
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
c.) my mother randomly walking in on me while I was masturbating.
This reminds me of a dream I had many years ago where I was uh, doing some handiwork and my brother started knocking on my door. I remember this dream mainly because of the perfect response to the knocking -- "Coming!" And yes, the timing was also perfect...
Old 06-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #42
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
I had a dream over the weekend that Jared Leto was plotting to murder me. He was trying to get close to me and learn everything about me but was secretly seeking to kill me. I woke up like "nooooo, anyone but Jared Leto"

Samzies...
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #43
bayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSensible View Post
I totally missed this yesterday. The letter h, huh? I take it I made a compelling argument?
bpNichol, Canadian experimental poet (and occasional scriptwriter for Fraggle Rock) was a big fan of the letter h, and he is now deceased. Clearly it’s a very dangerous letter.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #44
x0emnem0x

Quote:
This reminds me of a dream I had many years ago where I was uh, doing some handiwork and my brother started knocking on my door. I remember this dream mainly because of the perfect response to the knocking -- "Coming!" And yes, the timing was also perfect...
Oh lord..... lmfao! Hmmm.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #45
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
bpNichol, Canadian experimental poet (and occasional scriptwriter for Fraggle Rock) was a big fan of the letter h, and he is now deceased. Clearly it’s a very dangerous letter.
He didn't die from a hatchet wound or suffocation by helium or something, did he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
Oh lord..... lmfao! Hmmm.
TMI?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #46
bayone

Quote:
He didn't die from a hatchet wound or suffocation by helium or something, did he?
No, cancer, I'm afraid. Which probably was not caused by wearing a pendant shaped like an "h."

He does sound like an interesting guy.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #47
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

Quote:
No, cancer, I'm afraid. Which probably was not caused by wearing a pendant shaped like an "h."

He does sound like an interesting guy.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. My joke was probably a bit too far in the "poor taste" category.

And I agree; just the little I read on his wiki illustrates his creativity. Heck, even the way he wrote his name was unique.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:53 AM   #48
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Obviously you want him to... stab you... in some way....

Quote:
I dreamt I was working in an office where everyone else was secretly following an anime about a baseball league where the players were all magical girls who played in frilly lolly-goth dresses.
I.... I might actually watch that!!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #49
bayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
I.... I might actually watch that!!
The baseball genre and the magical-girl genre have got to overlap somewhere.

Meanwhile, I think hanging out here is finally starting to affect my dreams, though sadly I’m unable to recall anything clearly about last night’s except that I was buying somebody a sheet of gooey cinnamon rolls topped with strips of bacon…
Old 06-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #50
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:
The baseball genre and the magical-girl genre have got to overlap somewhere.

Meanwhile, I think hanging out here is finally starting to affect my dreams, though sadly I’m unable to recall anything clearly about last night’s except that I was buying somebody a sheet of gooey cinnamon rolls topped with strips of bacon…
GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES!!!
noncaps

Tags
dream, sleep