Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Interesting Ads on DIMS

So far I've gotten:
  1. Weight loss pills
  2. Audible.com
  3. how to get rock hard abs
  4. tickets for a local show

What other randomness has come up?
Old 07-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've gotten Disney World, weight loss, furniture, Modcloth clothing, learn French, and some online game called Tentacl that I'm pretty sure I don't want to know more about.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

This one's been my favorite so far. What could it mean?! And more importantly, who chose that email?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lucky wang!.jpg (14.1 KB, 272 views)
Old 07-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #4
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
This one's been my favorite so far. What could it mean?! And more importantly, who chose that email?
That's easy - someone with that very common Chinese name and no knowledge of English slang.

I can supply the additional information that the ads change in language and content depending from where you access the internet - be it from different countries or with activated VPN.

Adds like that are a common way to finance web-sites, so minorly annoying.

What I find much more annoying is that half the board has been closed off as 'private' forcing you to sign in. Since I'm often on the road, just want to take a quick look, what's going on, this is extremely inconvenient.

Any opinions?
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post

What I find much more annoying is that half the board has been closed off as 'private' forcing you to sign in. Since I'm often on the road, just want to take a quick look, what's going on, this is extremely inconvenient.

Any opinions?
I am confused more than anything.Why after almost nine years of being up and running are we now "hiding" parts of the board from non members? Is their a sense of shame or embarrassment amongst the memberships about certain forums?

Now that I think about it, my last question may have hit the nail on the head. Two of the most controversial forums (Pay site and weight board) are now private.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
I am confused more than anything.Why after almost nine years of being up and running are we now "hiding" parts of the board from non members? Is their a sense of shame or embarrassment amongst the memberships about certain forums?

Now that I think about it, my last question may have hit the nail on the head. Two of the most controversial forums (Pay site and weight board) are now private.
It deters trolls and prevents the underage from seeing stuff they probably shouldn't. [/official line]
Old 07-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
It deters trolls and prevents the underage from seeing stuff they probably shouldn't. [/official line]
Anything that was felt to be 'over PG13' was made private. Feedback about whether specific forums should be included in that designation may be useful, but I doubt that arguments against the policy as a whole will go far. (although I could be wrong; be persuasive in your reasoning and who knows?)
Old 07-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #8
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

No ads for me - gotta love Firefox

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #9
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
I assumed something of the sort - although as with all forms of censorship, there is always bound to be some fall out or exaggerations.

Do we need to start a petition?
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just thought it was funny I was getting weight loss ads on dims.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I just thought it was funny I was getting weight loss ads on dims.
All I get is ads for makeup subscriptions. I assume it's based on your browsing history, like everything else.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #12
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laina View Post
All I get is ads for makeup subscriptions. I assume it's based on your browsing history, like everything else.
I assumed it was based on search history as well, but I never google how to get Rock hard abs. Promise.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #13
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

Laina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticedLaina never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
I assumed it was based on search history as well, but I never google how to get Rock hard abs. Promise.
Oh. Well, I have an unabashed love for all things Urban Decay, so mine are a perfect fit.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
It might be like my realizing that I see diet ads all over because I search for fat-related things so much. The internet doesn't assume I'm into it, but rather that I want to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laina View Post
Oh. Well, I have an unabashed love for all things Urban Decay, so mine are a perfect fit.
Urban Decay is a spectacular choice.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #15
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The ads I see are mostly in Korean and appear to be for plastic surgery clinics.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:31 AM   #16
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
The ads I see are mostly in Korean and appear to be for plastic surgery clinics.
You're beautiful the way you are. Don't get Korean plastic surgery.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #17
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
You're beautiful the way you are. Don't get Korean plastic surgery.
Oh come on, all those chinese pop stars can't be wrong!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Just on this page, the ad I see is for Porter Airlines. That means the 'ad machine' knows that I live in central Canada, and buy air tickets. (Indeed, I've flown on Porter, and would fly them again.)

An ad that, for once, is appropriate!
Old 07-29-2014, 04:52 PM   #19
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The one for me on this page is learn how to meditate in nine steps/sessions.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #20
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm seeing one for the Hudson's Bay Company (so the internet knows I'm in Canada) and just now, one asking me to become an adoptive parent of a teen, which... I don't think I'd be able to manage.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:14 PM   #21
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Just on this page, the ad I see is for Porter Airlines. That means the 'ad machine' knows that I live in central Canada, and buy air tickets. (Indeed, I've flown on Porter, and would fly them again.)

An ad that, for once, is appropriate!
I get the same ads. I've flown with them often, but I hate flying in general so I'm slightly cheesed at it.

I probably just guaranteed myself some cheese ads.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #22
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

California Psychics

Im on the East coast and not into astrology...
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #23
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Still with the Porter Airlines ad, but now there's also one for camping at the Mont Tremblant resort in Quebec (which is less than three hours drive away). And I do like camping.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #24
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm tempted to turn adblock off to see what I'd get.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #25
Laina
Passionately Apathetic

So far today...things to flavor water? And an add for a software system I use for work. So the internet knows I am a carbon based life form with a job. Eek!