Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #51
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Well, they can astral-project to wherever the customers are. They just live in California for the climate.
A handy skill to have, for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
What's funny is that in order to even see the ads, I had to log into Internet Explorer on my laptop because my desktop runs Firefox with a ton of addons to block ads and lockdown unauthorized scripts. The laptop is a clean install of Windows so there's zero cookies or browsing history to target. So that means yarn, pretty fashions and shamen mixed with industrial equipment is what the ad software defaults to.
Lol--I wonder how much marketing expertise it took to come up with that strategy?
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:13 AM   #52
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Lol--I wonder how much marketing expertise it took to come up with that strategy?
Well, clearly, we need to start a business where psychics telepathically control industrial knitting machines to produce the perfect cute sweater for each individual client.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #53
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
If you know how many times you've been arrested, you can't have been that drunk!
Untrue my good sir! I can recall every single time I woke up freezing on a cold concrete drunk tank floor, curled up in the fetal position clutching a thin, scratchy blanket that doesn't quite completely cover me. However, the circumstances that led me to said nighttime accommodations are not always in full focus or remembrance.

Ahhh! To be in my early 20's again! *While it would be good to go back and do my 20's again. I think I would do without the semi-frequent jailhouse visits*
Old 08-24-2014, 02:26 AM   #54
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Well, clearly, we need to start a business where psychics telepathically control industrial knitting machines to produce the perfect cute sweater for each individual client.
Certainly a better use for psychics than having the Chinese employ them as spies to steal your mind's elation.
(That came out fourteen years ago! *sigh* I'm old.)

Wait, what? Embedded?! How did THAT happen? Since I can't make it NOT happen, I just edited around it.

Last edited by CleverBomb; 08-24-2014 at 02:32 AM.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #55
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

C'mon--hasn't anyone gotten any more bizarre ads lately? Amaranthine? If we were having a contest, I think you would win, hands down.

I can't top that, but the ads I'm seeing seem to have expanded their focus on fashion, supernatural powers, and industrial tools to cover an even more dizzying array of topics lately. A recent sampling:

Visit Malaysia: Duty-free Shopping Paradise!
Concentra Urgent Care: Find a Location in Denver ( If I ever have an urgent medical need, it's good to know that Denver is only a16-hour drive away)
Fantasy Football app
Your Future Begins Here: Experience Cooley Law School
Find 50+ Women Near You
Online Obituary Records
Experience Walt Disney World's Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Nantucket weddings
android wristwatches for texting
Jo-Ann's Craft & Fabric Stores
Big Selection of New Cadillacs
guitar lessons from Duke Robillard
and my favorites: Larry King-endorsed relief from joint pain and Road Kill/Bad Idea T-shirts.

If these are all somehow based on my browsing history, I must be a candidate for a remake of "The Three Faces of Eve."

Tsk--I don't think Larry is wearing an android watch or a Road Kill T-shirt, and he probably didn't pick up that tie/suspender combo in Malaysia, either.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #56
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

mine have been pretty boring--and quite a lot are Canadian, so clearly some geo-tracking. Currently an ad trying to convince me of the merits of the Energy East pipeline, before that it was for the new album by some singer I've barely heard of. Have had a bunch for BBW lingerie, which shows they have some idea of what the site is I guess. I think I saw the fantasy football app one too, but it might have been on some other site.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #57
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'll have to get a scree cap of it next time, but I get one that comes up a lot. Stylish clothing for black men.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #58
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Now that I'm back home and not using my tablet to surf I've got AdBlock running, no ads (sorry Dims).

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #59
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
mine have been pretty boring--and quite a lot are Canadian, so clearly some geo-tracking. Currently an ad trying to convince me of the merits of the Energy East pipeline, before that it was for the new album by some singer I've barely heard of. Have had a bunch for BBW lingerie, which shows they have some idea of what the site is I guess. I think I saw the fantasy football app one too, but it might have been on some other site.
Well, the lingerie sounds fun at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I'll have to get a scree cap of it next time, but I get one that comes up a lot. Stylish clothing for black men.
Lol, please do. (Apparently AdChoices has not been keeping tabs on our selfies; I'm surprised I haven't seen this one yet. ) Your wardrobe already looks tres chic, but maybe someone else would appreciate the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
Now that I'm back home and not using my tablet to surf I've got AdBlock running, no ads (sorry Dims).
Don't worry. If you're interested in a new Cadillac, getting married in Nantucket (there may be an opportunity for some kind of limerick here...), refreshing your memory regarding your arrest record/entering the legal profession, crazy cheap lace dresses (I won't judge you), or a nice little shopping excursion to Malaysia, I've got you covered. Just let me know, and I'll be happy to screencap it for you.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #60
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Today, ads for Porter Airlines, the new Lexus Edge, and the Energy East pipeline....
Old 09-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #61
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Now it's how to write e-books, the Maid of the Mist (Niagara Falls, but the US side!), and Porter Airlines.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #62
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

My phone mostly gives me advertisements for Suboxone...just in case I have a heroin addiction?

And on the computer, it really seems to be pushing this. Maybe I'll do it and make a Dims story out of my life.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #63
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
My phone mostly gives me advertisements for Suboxone...just in case I have a heroin addiction?
Hey, you never know when this stuff might come in handy.
Quote:

And on the computer, it really seems to be pushing this. Maybe I'll do it and make a Dims story out of my life.
Yeah! Then maybe you can go back and hook up with that guy that OK Cupid matched you up with a few years ago: you know, the one that really liked The Gym and Protien. You two will have so much in common. (I know that post is an oldie, but it's a goodie; it totally cracked me up. )

By the way, I've been seeing an ad for Finish Line sports shoes. You may need those.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #64
MsBrightside

It seems like most people here don't get as much of a kick out of these ads as I do, but here are some recent ones I've gotten (I copied the format for listing them from tankyguy because I liked it so much :

48 fall getaways in Oklahoma (who doesn't love Oklahoma in the fall?)
snow and ice management serving all of NJ (see location )
senior living solutions: (OK, I'm old but not THAT old. Before I retire, I still have a few career opportunities to consider, such as the next one...)

become an airline mechanic

Apparently, Adchoices has a high opinion of my mechanical aptitude, because I've also received the following offers:

It's great to have options.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #65
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm getting ads for an event called Chowder Chowdown, which seems to be both thematically and geographically appropriate, so the program may be learning.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #66
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I

48 fall getaways in Oklahoma (who doesn't love Oklahoma in the fall?)
Fall is the most lovable season we have (unless you're a deer). Oklahoma has six seasons:

(1) winter (Dec. 21-Feb. 20): ice storms, freezing rain, 'nuff said.
(2) spring(Feb. 21-Apr. 20): weather changes every fifteen minutes.
(3) summer I (Apr. 21-June 20): aka tornado season.
(4) super summer (June 21-Aug. 20). This is why Okies believe in Hell.
(5) summer II (Aug. 21-Oct. 20): aka pressure cooker.
(6) autumn (Oct. 21-Dec. 20): blessed relief. Plus football.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #67
MsBrightside

Quote:
I'm getting ads for an event called Chowder Chowdown, which seems to be both thematically and geographically appropriate, so the program may be learning.
This sounds like it could be fun--maybe you can find someone here from the forums who'll go with you!

Quote:
Fall is the most lovable season we have (unless you're a deer). Oklahoma has six seasons:

(1) winter (Dec. 21-Feb. 20): ice storms, freezing rain, 'nuff said.
(2) spring(Feb. 21-Apr. 20): weather changes every fifteen minutes.
(3) summer I (Apr. 21-June 20): aka tornado season.
(4) super summer (June 21-Aug. 20). This is why Okies believe in Hell.
(5) summer II (Aug. 21-Oct. 20): aka pressure cooker.
(6) autumn (Oct. 21-Dec. 20): blessed relief. Plus football.
Lol. I think everything you wrote is true of my location in Texas, as well; just replace "tornado season" with "hurricane season."

I confess that I haven't spent much (any?) time in Oklahoma, but when I hear the words "fall getaway," I think of Vermont, or Skyline Drive in Virginia. Although if Oklahoma has deciduous trees, it's probably still more colorful than fall here in the pineywoods.

My latest ad favorite: Escape the cold (it was over 80 degrees here today; people are still running around in shorts and flip-flops )

Old 10-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #68
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Here's my recent favorite. Who could resist such enchanting dialogue about the tycoon's secret affair?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 3.35.56 PM.jpg (14.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #69
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Although if Oklahoma has deciduous trees, it's probably still more colorful than fall here in the pineywoods.
Depends on how much you like brown. It wasn't until I spent a year in North Carolina that I learned that autumn leaves come in other colors.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #70
MsBrightside

Quote:
Depends on how much you like brown. It wasn't until I spent a year in North Carolina that I learned that autumn leaves come in other colors.
It's pretty hard to beat the Appalachians in the spring and fall.

Quote:
Here's my recent favorite. Who could resist such enchanting dialogue about the tycoon's secret affair?!
I didn't even know this kind of thing existed. I read the description and found this: "Renta! where popular manga artists from Japan have taken up the task of comicalizing many different Harlequin stories." Comicalizing? I really can't imagine who thought Harlequin romances + manga was a Good Idea, but AdChoices really has you pegged, Amaranthine. Meanwhile, I'm seeing ads for Howrse: where a lonely mare can find the stallion of her dreams. (OK, it didn't really say that last part. )
Old 10-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #71
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Exclamation

Quote:
I didn't even know this kind of thing existed. I read the description and found this: "Renta! where popular manga artists from Japan have taken up the task of comicalizing many different Harlequin stories." Comicalizing? I really can't imagine who thought Harlequin romances + manga was a Good Idea, but AdChoices really has you pegged, Amaranthine. Meanwhile, I'm seeing ads for Howrse: where a lonely mare can find the stallion of her dreams. (OK, it didn't really say that last part. )
They really do.

I looked up Howrse and it's honestly...no better than what you described. So I'm going to pretend it's an alternative "Second Life" where people go to meet each other as horses and ponies. And I'm joining immediately.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #72
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Since I posted the pics of the heart attack grill, I'm now getting ads for cheap statins.

O...k... Internet.

That's your opinion
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #73
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

On three different tabs of Dimensions, right now I have one add for a snow removal service, one for American Express cards, and one for twist-wrap convertible bridesmaid dresses.

None of them for things for which I have any need! (I never seem to get invited to be a bridesmaid for some reason.....)
Old 10-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #74
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've got an ad for artificial Christmas trees and this.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #75
MsBrightside

Quote:
They really do.

I looked up Howrse and it's honestly...no better than what you described. So I'm going to pretend it's an alternative "Second Life" where people go to meet each other as horses and ponies. And I'm joining immediately.
Oh gawd, Amaranthine--this post makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Since I posted the pics of the heart attack grill, I'm now getting ads for cheap statins.

O...k... Internet.

That's your opinion
Yeah, I also noticed that the ad selection program is picking up on certain words and phrases in our posts, although it's completely clueless when it comes to the context. Kinda creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
On three different tabs of Dimensions, right now I have one add for a snow removal service, one for American Express cards, and one for twist-wrap convertible bridesmaid dresses.

None of them for things for which I have any need! (I never seem to get invited to be a bridesmaid for some reason.....)
I think you get more ads for dresses and lingerie than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I've got an ad for artificial Christmas trees and this.
I hate these types of cosmetic surgery ads, and it doesn't seem right for you to see them here. However, I was kind of relieved that you posted this; because, when I saw your username by the thread title, I was afraid that you might have come to scold Amaranthine and me for making fun of Howrse.