Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
gusppers

gusppers has said some nice things
Default How far can you walk before you get tired?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, how exciting! This is something i'm curious about. How far can you walk before you get tired or out of breathe? I'm around 420lbs and get tired after about 10mins walking. I'm soooooo unfit.

Post your weight and answer below :P
gusppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

I absolutely adore a good long treck! I am around 150lbs, 5ft 8ins and usually get tired after around 6 miles of walking or 1hr 45mins in time. That was what I done today anyways but nearing the 2hr mark I just wanted a seat and a cup of tea! lol The longest I ever walked in one stretch was 8 miles and NEVER AGAIN!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
ed1980

ed1980 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesed1980 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Depends, if it is a steep slope, like ten seconds and will sound like a locomotive. In the flat for about two hours.
ed1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm around 270lbs and it takes me about 2 hours of walking for my legs to get tired. I only get out of breath when going up stairs or uphill.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #5
devinprater

devinprater can now change their title

Well, I'm 210 pounds or so, and spend most of my days sitting/laying in bed on the computer, so it may take me around 10 minutes of walking to get tired.
devinprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

At 336, I couldn't make it more than a block without back aches and being winded. At 299, I've walked 2 miles home when the bus was late.
I do miss the lbs at times, maybe another opportunity will present itself or maybe not.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
devinprater

Good luck. I am trying to gain too.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

With my one heart valve being only 49% functional, some days I can walk probably a good 40-45 minutes and be o.k. and then other days, I'm lucky to make it a block. Yet if I am at the beach, I can start walking in the water (no more than up to my knees) without any problems for quite some time.

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
devinprater

Oh wow. Good luck with the heart valve. I went to the beach a long long while ago lol. I was able to walk a while in it, but eventually got tired and burried myself in the sand, lol
Old 08-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinprater View Post
Oh wow. Good luck with the heart valve. I went to the beach a long long while ago lol. I was able to walk a while in it, but eventually got tired and burried myself in the sand, lol
Thanks It comes and goes but as long as I listen to my body and act upon it, it's all good. Walking in the lower surf is second nature to me - whenever I'm at the ocean, I become so invigorated - I really get my inner-strength from there, it is so inspiring, I totally lose track of time Glad you had a good time at the beach

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #11
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging in

About 5 miles. It's actually my feet that can't go on, rather than my air or my stamina.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #12
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusppers View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, how exciting! This is something i'm curious about. How far can you walk before you get tired or out of breathe? I'm around 420lbs and get tired after about 10mins walking. I'm soooooo unfit.

Post your weight and answer below :P
I'm nearly the same weight as you are (427lbs) and can walk 2km / 30 minutes without being too exhausted or have aching feet.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #13
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For me it depends on a number of things. Badly fitting shoes obviously stop me, having a bad stomach etc. In terms of the actual walking, I am much better with flat surfaces and terrible at walking down hill. I also walk slowly and walking faster than I would like wears me out quicker. Provided everything is going my way it tends to be my shoulders that stop me, they sort of slide a bit in and out of socket and if they get out of socket then they grate slightly with every step and after a while it is really painful.

The longest walk I have done in recent memory was 7/8 miles which took about 3 and a half hours. That was about my limit though and it was flat. Comfortably I can walk about an hour without getting tired. Though I tried to walk up the very steep path to the Old Man of Storr in Scotland and even walking a few paces was exhausting, though it was red hot too.

I am 5'2 and about 180lbs.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:23 AM   #14
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Back at 300 lbs I could walk for a long time (over half an hour) with little discomfort. Now, at over 400 lbs (and, admitedly, a few additional years, too!) I get tired walking to the end of the block. Stairs are what really get me breathing hard, though.

Brenda
Old 08-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #15
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl33 View Post
Back at 300 lbs I could walk for a long time (over half an hour) with little discomfort. Now, at over 400 lbs (and, admitedly, a few additional years, too!) I get tired walking to the end of the block. Stairs are what really get me breathing hard, though.

Brenda
Is that something you want to work on or are you happy being the size you are?