Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Red face Comedic Classification

Dims (and the rest of the internet) always gets me thinking about types of humor. People find amusement in all sorts of different things, and it doesn't seem like something that allows for an analysis of exactly why we can find completely disparate things entertaining.

So I thought it might be fun to take a little time to talk about what you like, and reasons why you like it! Where do you think you got your sense of humor from? Influences? What sorts of humor do you absolutely hate? What are some of your favorite humor-oriented things? Jokes, movies, books, etc.

And of course, being a group of [probably primarily] introverted people on the internet, a suitable quiz might be palatable:

And you don't have to sign up!

My compulsion to keep a relatively pristine, to-the-point first post prevents me from including anything more than my own result - but I'm super interested in hearing everyone's POV & stories.

Quote:
the Wit
(71% dark, 31% spontaneous, 32% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion
And yet, initially, I missed the picture that 2 of the questions were referring to and thought they were absurdly asking for my favorite and least favorite roman numeral
Old 08-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mine came out about what I would have expected.

Quote:
the Shock Jock
(62% dark, 54% spontaneous, 53% vulgar)
your humor style:
VULGAR | SPONTANEOUS | DARK

Your sense of humor is off-the-cuff and kind of gross. Is it is also sinister, cynical, and vaguely threatening to the purer folks of this world. You probably get off on that. You would cut a greasy fart, then blame it on your mom, and then just shrug when someone pointed out that she's dead.

Yours is hands-down the most outrageous sense of humor; you like things trangressive and hardcore. It's highly likely (a) you have no limits (b) you have no scruples and (c) you have no job. Ironically, it's your type of humor that can make the biggest bucks in show business.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Howard Stern - Adam Sandler - Roseanne Barr
Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
the Comic

(43% dark, 27% spontaneous, 47% vulgar)
your humor style:
VULGAR | COMPLEX | LIGHT

Yours is the most versatile and also the most popular kind of humor. You'll crack a joke about just about anything, but you're not mean-spirited or intimidating, so you can get away with it--even when, for example, you bust on Mexicans.

You appreciate a good dirty joke as much as next person, but, over all, you've got a brainier approach to humor than most. Now just go out there and write up a routine; it's likely you'd be good at it.
I expected something darker and more cynical. If the questions about favorite show had included the Venture Bros., I wonder if I would have had the same result.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I feel like pattern-recognition is an underrated element in humour. Puns and visual humour turn on unexpected resemblances between unrelated elements, or high contrasts.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
the Prankster

(38% dark, 38% spontaneous, 37% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | LIGHT

Your humor has an intellectual, even conceptual slant to it. You're not pretentious, but you're not into what some would call 'low humor' either. You'll laugh at a good dirty joke, but you definitely prefer something clever to something moist.

You probably like well-thought-out pranks and/or spoofs and it's highly likely you've tried one of these things yourself. In a lot of ways, yours is the most entertaining type of humor because it's smart without being mean-spirited.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Conan O'Brian - Ashton Kutcher

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Mine came out about what I would have expected.
I got the Shock Jock, too. Not surprising.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Good thread, Amaranthine :)

I also got the Prankster (33% dark, 27% spontaneous, 26% vulgar).

Favorite funny movies: Ferris Bueller's Day Off; National Lampoon's Vacation/Christmas Vacation, The Princess Bride, Groundhog Day, Barcelona (trailer) and His Girl Friday (the one with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell.) I've watched a lot of other funny movies that I liked, but I've enjoyed these over and over. Although it's not exactly a comedy, Forrest Gump also had a lot of funny moments mixed in with the serious stuff.

TV shows: Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, WKRP in Cincinnati (all-time favorite scene: Turkey Drop), and old episodes of David Letterman. I also like some of Ellen Degeneres' stuff, like her spoof of Harry Potter (meeting with Voldemort) and her "What's Wrong With These Photos" and "Ellen Found Your Facebook Photos" segments. Also, as a Central Time Zone denizen, I loved Conan O'Brien's annual Midwest New Year's Eve countdown and the time he took a windy trip back to Ireland's O' Brien castle. "I don't know why my ancestors abandoned it!"
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #8
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd say it's accurate. I can find something funny in any situation.

the Shock Jock
(57% dark, 62% spontaneous, 63% vulgar)
your humor style:

Your sense of humor is off-the-cuff and kind of gross. Is it is also sinister, cynical, and vaguely threatening to the purer folks of this world. You probably get off on that. You would cut a greasy fart, then blame it on your mom, and then just shrug when someone pointed out that she's dead.

Yours is hands-down the most outrageous sense of humor; you like things trangressive and hardcore. It's highly likely (a) you have no limits (b) you have no scruples and (c) you have no job. Ironically, it's your type of humor that can make the biggest bucks in show business.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Howard Stern - Adam Sandler - Roseanne Barr
Old 08-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #9
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate Adam Sandler.

How very dare the test tell me I like him. If I was drunk, I'd fight this test.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #10
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Interesting...

Quote:
the Wit
(62% dark, 35% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

My result:

Quote:
the Wit
(57% dark, 38% spontaneous, 26% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK
As for anecdotes, I've actually always seen myself as someone that can be pretty easily amused. Humour I tend to admire (and perhaps, then, enjoy?) the most would have to be dry/random humour. I'm personally better at dry than random. I also find serious pleasure in the Michael McIntyre type comedian that can take a perfectly banal, everyday situation and somehow hilarify it.

My dad forwarded me an email about dogs - a The Oatmeal cartoon strip thing. Never laughed so much at an email before or since. I feel like it was mostly their.... delivery/depiction of it that made me laugh. And secondly, the fact that it was ridiculously relatable and true. It was just so.... well done.

One last thing, I'm almost-obsessively into nuances. Sometimes someone will say a thing in normal conversation, completely not intending to be funny, and something about the way they said it just sends me (often only me) into a fit of laughter
Old 08-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #12
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
One last thing, I'm almost-obsessively into nuances. Sometimes someone will say a thing in normal conversation, completely not intending to be funny, and something about the way they said it just sends me (often only me) into a fit of laughter
While I was at my grandfather's funeral I had a case of that. My grandfather's name was Adolf, but because of Hitler he changed his name to Dick. When the preacher was giving his eulogy he said "God loves dick". I lost it! It wasn't loud or anything, just enough for my 3 sisters to hear me giggle. All 3 of them proceeded to backhand me at the same time.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #13
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
While I was at my grandfather's funeral I had a case of that. My grandfather's name was Adolf, but because of Hitler he changed his name to Dick. When the preacher was giving his eulogy he said "God loves dick". I lost it! It wasn't loud or anything, just enough for my 3 sisters to hear me giggle. All 3 of them proceeded to backhand me at the same time.
Brilliant. I mean literally that's comic gold in my view.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Dmitra
Drawing down the moonpie

Dmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My farts, no. Others'? Gigglefits! I like this description, though.

Quote:
Your result for The 3 Variable Funny Test ...
the Wit
(67% dark, 23% spontaneous, 32% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons' philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.

You probably loved the Office. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Jon Stewart - Stephen Colbert* - Ricky Gervais

Last edited by Dmitra; 08-16-2014 at 04:27 PM. Reason: *Boycott of person named + Colbert's much funnier.
Dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitra View Post
My farts, no. Others'? Gigglefits! I like this description, though.
Farts are funny!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #16
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The Wit
(52% dark, 35% spontaneous, 21% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

Seems about right. I like verbal comedy.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #17
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just read the description for 'the Ham', and this is WAY more me:

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

I love dad jokes and being a goofball.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #18
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I just read the description for 'the Ham', and this is WAY more me:

Your style's goofy, innocent and feel-good. Perfect for parties and for the dads who chaperone them. You can actually get away with corny jokes, and I bet your sense of humor is a guilty pleasure for your friends. People of your type are often the most approachable and popular people in their circle. Your simple & silly good-naturedness is immediately recognizable, and it sets you apart in this sarcastic world.

I love dad jokes and being a goofball.
Thats what I got
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
TV shows: Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, WKRP in Cincinnati (all-time favorite scene: Turkey Drop), and old episodes of David Letterman.
Sitcoms! Yes.

I grew up staying up too late and watching old re-runs of myriad sitcoms. As a result, I still find a number of them hilarious and wonderful, much to the chagrin of people that know me.

Quote:
My dad forwarded me an email about dogs - a The Oatmeal cartoon strip thing. Never laughed so much at an email before or since. I feel like it was mostly their.... delivery/depiction of it that made me laugh. And secondly, the fact that it was ridiculously relatable and true. It was just so.... well done.
Also yes. The Oatmeal is spectacular. It has relatable moments, then often sticks some humorous absurdity in. Being more of a cat person, I offer this as my example.

Quote:
Perfect.

~

When I was younger, my parents got a ridiculous amount of entertainment at my expense. My dad would point and laugh every time I'd get mildly hurt, pull pranks on me, etc. My mom would just try to convince me that absurd stories are true. Consequently, things like that pretty much evolved into a form of affection for me, and I'll frequently do the same to other people now (to my great amusement.) I also tend to self-deprecate a bit, but it's just as serious as me doing it to someone else (NB: not at all.)
Old 08-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #20
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

the Shock Jock
62% dark,
50% spontaneous,
47% vulgar

your humor style:

BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #21
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

MsBrightside's mention of Letterman got me thinking... 1) looove Letterman 2) anyone else fond of the Graham Norton show? In terms of funny celebrity-interviewing talk shows, his is unparalleled imo.

Quote:
I would have backhanded you too..... but purely out of fear that your laughter would make me gigglesnort out loud myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
*snip* Also yes. The Oatmeal is spectacular. It has relatable moments, then often sticks some humorous absurdity in. Being more of a cat person, I offer this as my example. *snip*
Yes! Absurdly relatable. I think I've only ever tried to hug our cat once....

I love that The Oatmeal's comics section on their website has a 'cats' category, and then also an 'animals' category

And....I found the aforementioned dog comic.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #22
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
2) anyone else fond of the Graham Norton show? In terms of funny celebrity-interviewing talk shows, his is unparalleled imo.
Graham Norton is so much fun to watch! I love that his guests are on for the entire show and they all get to talk to each other. My favorite episode has got to be the one with Kevin Bacon and the Footloose tractor scene reenactment! So funny!!!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #23
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

the Cutting Edge
(57% dark, 46% spontaneous, 32% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | SPONTANEOUS | DARK

Your humor's mostly innocent and off-the-cuff, but somehow there's something slightly menacing about you. Part of your humor is making people a little uncomfortable, even if the things you say aren't themselves confrontational. You probably have a very dry delivery, or are seriously over-the-top.

Your type is the most likely to appreciate a good insult and/or broken bone and/or very very fat person dancing.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU: David Letterman - John Belushi

I'm not sure I get the "people like you" part, but the description is pretty dead on.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #24
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

the Wit
(62% dark, 27% spontaneous, 37% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK

I'm ok with this for the most part.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:54 AM   #25
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

"Sign up and get your results"

I always knew.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote