Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #1
ShyGuy

ShyGuy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShyGuy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Question The Hunger Curve

So, this morning I woke up starving, like WAY hungrier then I normally am.

Has anyone else had this, where each day it takes more and more food to make you feel full?
ShyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Actually, it's fairly common...

When you begin a workout regimen, straight-away, you're burning more calories. You have to eat more in order just to sustain that increased level of activity.

If you don't want to actually gain weight, then you will have to try not overeat too much. Especially right before you go to bed, presumably more than a couple hours after your activity-level has dropped off. You will then still continue to burn calories, using most of them while at rest.

So, yeah, in that case, it's pretty normal to wake up hungry. Even more so should you happen to oversleep for a couple of hours (much easier to do after a period of working the body particulary hard). And with progressively more intensity. the stronger & more fit you become.

In fact, I would speculate that it's fairly typical of people who're generally in good overall health and go to bed either a bit early or on time and don't wake up for more than a 7 or 8 hours later, that they will tend to become hungry-again fairly quickly after that.

That's why a bowl of vitamin-enriched cereal with some milk is a good thing to have handy. Sometimes, I will wake up and go straight for the Frosted Mini-Wheats and a glass of OJ...as a kind of pre-breakfast...before setting up to make some eggs, toast, breakfast-meat, coffee, etc....

And that would also be my advice to anyone who struggles with overeating or weight management: When you're that hungry, just eat something. That's somewhat wholesome, even if it doesn't look like the perfect meal. Otherwise, try to avoid letting your insulin response get to that point in the first place. By anticipating & planning for regular & consistent times of the day to eat, taking meal preparation time into account. And not skipping breakfast....
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
ShyGuy

ShyGuy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShyGuy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Thanks, but...

Thanks for the info!

I'm actually thinking it's because I'm overeating... I'm kinda letting the feedee in me out for a walk.

I just find it amazing that the human body adapts to all scenarios...
ShyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
So, this morning I woke up starving, like WAY hungrier then I normally am.

Has anyone else had this, where each day it takes more and more food to make you feel full?
No what you describe at the end, but the waking up starving does happen from time to time - usually I associate it with having done something very strenuous the evening before after supper, or with having an early supper. Often, I have a light snack in the evening, and that helps both with sleeping and with not being so ravenous the next morning.

Scouts, when they're out camping in the wilderness and being very active, always schedule in a 'mug-up' snack just before bedtime - especially in cooler, cold or wet weather. (In hot weather it's likely to just be a drink to maintain hydration.) It certain helps the boys to sleep better....