Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default The Artwork, Crafts and Creative Endeavors thread

The 'BHM's Got Talent' thread has music and performance covered, so how about a thread for drawing, painting, crafting and the like?

Post and show off your stuff.

Here's my deviantart page where I post 3d art I'm working on.
http://maverick3d.deviantart.com/
tankyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
The 'BHM's Got Talent' thread has music and performance covered, so how about a thread for drawing, painting, crafting and the like?

Post and show off your stuff.

Here's my deviantart page where I post 3d art I'm working on.
http://maverick3d.deviantart.com/
Actually, when I started that thread, I was hoping to have people put in all of their different creative endeavors. It did ok for a while at first. We had a tattoo artist share some of his artwork, and another shared some of their stand-up comedy, but it kind of fell into just a few of us that do music still posting in it.

Great work tankyguy. I really like your Fly Guy, but all your work is really cool!
Old 09-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow! tankyguy, you and some other people here like bayone and zowie have such talent in the visual arts. (warning: my cougar crush on you has now intensified) Do you do things in 2D sometimes, too, like graphic novel-type stuff? Or sculpt using physical media? Please forgive me if these are stupid questions; I'm not really an artistic type myself.

I think you mentioned somewhere that you have taught classes in 3D animation before? That is awesome. Can you share any other opportunities you've had to showcase your skills--I can't be the only one who would love to hear about them.

Sorry that I can't really contribute anything to this thread, unless you count the poem I wrote in 3rd grade about our family cat.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ok so I do partake in artsy stuffs. Thing is I'm always nervy about displaying what I do, so much so I almost never show anyone.
So here are 2 unfinished bits. Its layered drawing. Bottom is colour pencil, then pen on acitate.

I like you guys here so I'm happy to let you have a look.

I wish I knew how to do the 3d stuff, I'd be all over it. Good work tankyguy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_014807.jpg (78.2 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140908_014740.jpg (80.0 KB, 248 views)
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Ok so I do partake in artsy stuffs. Thing is I'm always nervy about displaying what I do, so much so I almost never show anyone.
So here are 2 unfinished bits. Its layered drawing. Bottom is colour pencil, then pen on acitate.

Why in the world should you be nervy? You do awesome work - both you and tankyguy do! Thank you both for sharing

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks for the compliments and visits to my page, everyone.

Quote:
These are really great, biglynch. You say they're unfinished; you should finish them up and show them off proudly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Do you do things in 2D sometimes, too, like graphic novel-type stuff? Or sculpt using physical media? Please forgive me if these are stupid questions; I'm not really an artistic type myself.

I think you mentioned somewhere that you have taught classes in 3D animation before? That is awesome. Can you share any other opportunities you've had to showcase your skills--I can't be the only one who would love to hear about them.

Sorry that I can't really contribute anything to this thread, unless you count the poem I wrote in 3rd grade about our family cat.
My drawings are so much chicken scratch.
I did a bit of wood carving when I was a kid, and I used to make a lot of abstract stuff in high school welding/metal shop, but all of it got water damaged and thrown out. I want to join an adult clay sculpting class because I've never really done that, but there's never any going on and I don't have the money/inclination to go back to art school for it.

I did teach 3d animation for a year but left when I got the opportunity to work at a game studio out West (which turned out to be a bad move :P). Also, I got to work on a couple low budget, locally produced kid's animated TV series, neither of which ever aired in the US AFAIK, but one seems fairly popular in Eastern Europe and South America based on internet searches. Besides that, I've been struggling to find a gig for the past four years; I chalk it up to a combination of being stuck in a bad geographic location for the line of work and my skills being good-but-not-great enough for employers in the big cities to take notice.

If you want to share your 3rd grade cat poem here, do it!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Your drawings are amazing! It's as if you're a criminal sketch artist for Gotham City.
Seriously, though, the talent to be found among the members of this forum is absolutely mind-bending.
Quote:
Thanks for the compliments and visits to my page, everyone.

These are really great, biglynch. You say they're unfinished; you should finish them up and show them off proudly.

My drawings are so much chicken scratch.
I did a bit of wood carving when I was a kid, and I used to make a lot of abstract stuff in high school welding/metal shop, but all of it got water damaged and thrown out. I want to join an adult clay sculpting class because I've never really done that, but there's never any going on and I don't have the money/inclination to go back to art school for it.

I did teach 3d animation for a year but left when I got the opportunity to work at a game studio out West (which turned out to be a bad move :P). Also, I got to work on a couple low budget, locally produced kid's animated TV series, neither of which ever aired in the US AFAIK, but one seems fairly popular in Eastern Europe and South America based on internet searches. Besides that, I've been struggling to find a gig for the past four years; I chalk it up to a combination of being stuck in a bad geographic location for the line of work and my skills being good-but-not-great enough for employers in the big cities to take notice.

If you want to share your 3rd grade cat poem here, do it!
Your drawings can't be that bad --if I understood one of the comments on your webpage correctly, you use them as a starting point for your 3D digital creations. I'm sorry that some of your work was lost to water damage; I live in a hurricane-prone area and know lots of people whose homes have been affected by that sort of thing. I hope you do get the chance to try the clay sometime; it's almost always good to try something new.

Your stint at the game studio sounds quite fascinating, even if things didn't turn out the way you wanted. I suppose one can learn a lot from even a bad experience, I just wish it didn't have to be so painful.

Your mention of low-budget children's programs made me think of old episodes of "Land of the Lost" that my brother and I watched as kids. I realize the type of art you do didn't exist in digital form back then, but I bet you could have designed a killer Sleestak! It's cool to think that your characters will be fond childhood memories for your fans.

I empathize with the feeling that you're in a location that doesn't provide many opportunities for making use of your skills. I have a background in basic science and worked in large research institutions in St. Louis and the Washington, D.C. area, but there's nothing like that where I live now. Recently, a couple of possibilities have cropped up for me, however; and I hope one of them will pan out. Keep the faith when it comes to your own work! Finding the right opportunity can be really difficult; and, unfortunately, the "it's not what you know but who you know" thing does come into play a lot. Two of the three leads that I'm pursuing at the moment are being opened to me as a result of personal connections. You strike me as someone that would make a positive impression on his colleagues, so maybe you can network a little! Perhaps I've just been lucky to have supportive colleagues and supervisors; but in my experience, people are often more willing or even eager to help you than you think. Best of luck to you, because work like yours deserves to be appreciated.

Thanks for the invitation to post my cat poem; but I'm afraid to end up besieged by annoying PMs from literary agents wanting to sign me to their publishing firms, and I prefer to enjoy my anonymity.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I like the Penguin -- he's sort of halfway between the Danny Devito version and the Burgess Meredith version.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #9
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Actually, when I started that thread, I was hoping to have people put in all of their different creative endeavors. It did ok for a while at first. We had a tattoo artist share some of his artwork, and another shared some of their stand-up comedy, but it kind of fell into just a few of us that do music still posting in it.

Great work tankyguy. I really like your Fly Guy, but all your work is really cool!
My thoughts exactly. I'm always waiting for others to post in that thread.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #10
shandyman

shandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going on

I am not sure if I fit in to this category, I am not artistic in the slightest but I am a very visual thinker. I like to solve problems using drawings, diagrams and 3D models.

Here is an example, it is a model I created of a seed, showing most of the internal anatomy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inner 6.jpg (74.1 KB, 220 views)
shandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #11
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

http://letsallgotothelobby.tumblr.com/tagged/art+stuff

boop

I've been bad at drawing lately. Need to get back in the habit.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:59 AM   #12
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post
I am not sure if I fit in to this category, I am not artistic in the slightest but I am a very visual thinker. I like to solve problems using drawings, diagrams and 3D models.

Here is an example, it is a model I created of a seed, showing most of the internal anatomy.
That's really neat. I always like seeing computer graphics used for things other than pure entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfred View Post

boop

I see you share a love of comics and Scott Pilgrim being decapitated. We should be friends now.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #13
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Your drawings are really really good. I hope you keep up with it. However, I can't say the same for your ability to take pictures of your drawings :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post

Before I read the description of what this was, it seemed alarmingly sexual. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at seeds the same way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfred View Post

boop

You should start a webcomic! Your drawing style would be perfect for it.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

You should make him!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #15
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Before I read the description of what this was, it seemed alarmingly sexual. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at seeds the same way...
Seeds are like...the most sexual things by definition. They are the literal fruits of plant sex.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #16
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
That's really neat. I always like seeing computer graphics used for things other than pure entertainment.
I was reading a Reddit post about this guy who 3D printed his own hodgkin’s lymphoma cancer tumors prior to and after chemotherapy. He went on to say everytime he showed them to a doctor he almost always never got them back.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #17
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
I was reading a Reddit post about this guy who 3D printed his own hodgkin’s lymphoma cancer tumors prior to and after chemotherapy. He went on to say everytime he showed them to a doctor he almost always never got them back.
That's awesome. I'd be quoting Ahnold for days with those.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #18
wildandfree

wildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot pics

I love this thread. I love seeing the creative sides of people! I dabble in various arts... here is an offering of pyrography. For those who are not familiar. .. pyrography (wood burning) is the application of intense heat (usually an electric calligraphy-like pen) to wood, paper or leather.

This is birch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fairy.jpg (19.1 KB, 161 views)
wildandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #19
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Is it just me, or will the site not let me upload attachments anymore?
Old 09-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #20
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Ii had the same issue earlier and had to use a different picture. Very odd
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #21
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
It's telling me all my pictures are too big, even though I've uploaded pictures from my phone before with no issue. I have to post the picture online nd use that link if I want to have a picture here.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:36 PM   #22
tankyguy

Sucks that the board is being uncooperative with people trying to post images. Was looking forward to people showing off more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildandfree View Post
I love this thread. I love seeing the creative sides of people! I dabble in various arts... here is an offering of pyrography. For those who are not familiar. .. pyrography (wood burning) is the application of intense heat (usually an electric calligraphy-like pen) to wood, paper or leather.

This is birch.
Nice. Is that your own design or copying an existing drawing onto the wood or both?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #23
wildandfree

wildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot picswildandfree does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

Nice. Is that your own design or copying an existing drawing onto the wood or both?
My own drawing from my imagination.

I didn't have any trouble posting. Wish I could be more helpful.
wildandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #24
bayone

Picture uploads seem to be working again.
bottomandtitania.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrew_violet.jpg (228.2 KB, 85 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #25
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Bayone, those are great! A Midsummer Night's Dream is one of my favorite plays.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote