Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #26
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Bayone, those are great! A Midsummer Night's Dream is one of my favorite plays.
Agreed.
Also what's up with women falling for jackasses?
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #27
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Agreed.
Also what's up with women falling for jackasses?
Aw, Bottom's just a little over-enthusiastic.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:30 PM   #28
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OK so the last bits I posted, they were old and I can't imagine me finishing them. But today I thought I'd dust off the pencils and try a quick sketched selfie portrait.

I think I could get back into drawing for fun. Its not very good but it passed an hour.

Enjoy.

Apologies for the photography skills again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140921_214830.jpg (82.2 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140921_215704.jpg (75.6 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140921_221311.jpg (82.9 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140921_224829.jpg (88.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140921_231755.jpg (85.6 KB, 169 views)
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #29
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Very patriotic!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #30
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Funny(ish) story, my dad as a Irish man from a catholic background thinks its hilarious to by stuff with union jacks or royalty on them. It his strange two fingered salute to the old fashioned ways of the northern Irish mentality. It also bugs his chums.

He's cool like that.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #31
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayone View Post
Aw, Bottom's just a little over-enthusiastic.
He always came across as a bit of a basket case to me.
/terribleBardjokes
Old 09-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #32
bayone

Art party report: So, Art Atelier III went well. More people showed up this time. One of them asked for advice, so I got to give some. He also asked my husband a lot of stuff, and I think he was a documentary-maker, so that may just be how he interacts with people.

He started off by showing me a photo of an old guy holding up a little drawing, and said that this was a famously grumpy artist whose permission they'd needed to film something, and he'd challenged one of them to draw a dog, and Robin (the guy telling the story) had scribbled a little thing that vaguely looked like a dog, and the artist had liked it.

It was sort of a cubist dog.
He tried to redraw it, but didn't like it as much, but I used that as the basis for demonstrating some stuff about colour.

Will try and get some pictures up later.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #33
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Disclaimers: I am not an artist, never took an art class after the age of 13, and haven't tried to draw someone in many years; but all of you in this thread inspired me to give it a try anyway.

MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #34
bayone

Nice! I don't know the girl in question, but you've got a good grasp on child facial proportions.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #35
bayone

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 9.19.06 PM.jpg

Cartoon dog from last week's party.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #36
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Disclaimers: I am not an artist, never took an art class after the age of 13, and haven't tried to draw someone in many years; but all of you in this thread inspired me to give it a try anyway.

Glad the thread is inspiring. Art is for everyone.

Quote:
Attachment 116741

That's awesome! Like something from 1990's Nickelodeon cartoons.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #37
Kazak

Kazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized rep

PicsArt_1412348076761.jpg I make chainmail wallet chains; necklaces; bracelets and earrings.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #38
dblbellybhm
Live, Learn, Grow

dblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot pics

Great idea for a thread. Enjoying all the creativity. I have been experimenting with the idea of "Fat as Art" using photographic and photoshop techniques.

Last edited by dblbellybhm; 12-08-2014 at 06:05 AM.
dblbellybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #39
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
You do have talent for it. I think you did a really nice job on this!

Quote:
Attachment 116741

I like this one a lot.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #40
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The head shape is off, but it was nice to do a bit of drawing. I haven't used my pastels in too long.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #41
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Really enjoying seeing everyone's work Please keep sharing!

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #42
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks for your comments, everyone--you're too kind. My drawings are too literal and lack technique, but fortunately my subject was impressed. Kids are pretty easy to please for the most part.

I have also very much enjoyed seeing all of the awesome creations here:
tankyguy and bayone, I am amazed at the diversity of your work: I could stare at it all day and still find new details to admire.
wildandfree, your image is beautiful, and the fact that you were able to do that by burning wood blows my mind.
freakyfred, I'm not sure what your occupation is, but your comics and T-shirt designs are quite professional-looking.
biglynch, I like all of your selfies, but the one above is especially charming because it shows us a whole new side of your personality.
lille, that is adorable! You should frame it and hang it up somewhere as a reminder of those sweet puppy days.
shandyman: cool graphics; they're definitely worth the color page charges.
kazak, I bet your pieces would be a hit at those weapons/chain mail boutiques I've seen at Renaissance fairs.

Thank to everyone who posted--like Saisha said, please keep 'em coming!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #43
Treach

Treach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going on

I had mentioned it briefly in another thread, and I just typed it out instead of keeping it in my brain, so I figured I would post this here. It was a WIP hip hop song that kind of just turned into a WIP poem, as that's a fine line to begin with. It's also one of the many things to have been produced in therapeutic service to my recent breakup, so you've been warned and all that.

"I'm on so many mood stabilizers it's like I shill for Pfizer
But I don't get them prescribed from health care providers
Unless you count Doctor Morgan or Doc Daniels
Who provide all the liquid forget that I can handle
I'm on so many mood stabilizers it's like I shill for Pfizer
I'm smoking more than a wood-fire chimney
Because Mary Jane is the only girl who hasn't abandoned me
Booze and smoke have always been the go-to when I've been laid low
Recently spending so much time bent at the elbow
In the right position the light these pipes and take these shots
That it's fair to say that L. Bass is looking like tea pot
And yeah I got a problem, but substance abuse that isn't it
The problem is I'm missing the girl that I'm in love with
And if that seems over the top or melodramatic
Let me remind that it's better than if I actually was an addict
Because after I've gotten through this I can break those bad habits
But until then if you pass this sad sap a chalice I'm going to grab it
And drink deep from that cup until my foie gras runneth over
Because of all the things I'd like to be right now, the last is sober
And don't get it twisted I'm not trying to drink into an early grave
In fact I'm on all these chemicals in an attempt to save
Myself from myself because when you define yourself by someone else
And then that person goes away that hurt is deeply felt
So yeah I smoke a lot of weed in an attempt to numb the pain
Because weed is the closest thing I can get to novacane
And if my choices are to feel depressed or to feel nothing at all
Then it isn't really a choice; it's an easy call
That's why I'm on so many mood stabilizers it's like I shill for Pfizer
Unless you count Doctor Morgan or Doc Daniels
Who provide all the liquid forget that I can handle
I'm on so many mood stabilizers it's like I shill for Pfizer
I'm smoking more than a wood-fire chimney
Because Mary Jane is the only girl who hasn't abandoned me"
Treach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:01 AM   #44
tankyguy

I don't do much photography but I had to snap sunrise over the frozen Atlantic this morning.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #45
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I got to experiment with alcohol inks. I had a good time just playing with color.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #46
bayone

Haven't posted anything in awhile, but I've been trying lately to do some paintings of... objects that aren't necessarily alive, but are head-shaped (styrofoam mannequin head, clay head I made last year, spoon), as kind of a way of practicing portraiture without human models.
Anyway, here's a teaspoon:
IMG_0973.jpg
Old 03-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #47
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I got to experiment with alcohol inks. I had a good time just playing with color.
I love these!!!!!
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #48
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
I don't do much photography but I had to snap sunrise over the frozen Atlantic this morning.

A beautiful new day. Please do one for the Summer, all that snow is giving me chills.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #49
Marlayna

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildandfree View Post
I love this thread. I love seeing the creative sides of people! I dabble in various arts... here is an offering of pyrography. For those who are not familiar. .. pyrography (wood burning) is the application of intense heat (usually an electric calligraphy-like pen) to wood, paper or leather.

This is birch.
Absolutely gorgeous!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #50
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
A beautiful new day. Please do one for the Summer, all that snow is giving me chills.
It'll take me a few months!