Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?

Mine is cornbread-oyster stuffing.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Green bean casserole, with the crispy onions on top. Oh how I love that stuff!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The stuffing.....all of it. The more celery and onions in it, the better Nom nom nom

Good thread idea

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

My wives homemade rolls.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
shadowedmorning

shadowedmorning does more than just post hot picsshadowedmorning does more than just post hot picsshadowedmorning does more than just post hot picsshadowedmorning does more than just post hot pics

The macaroni & cheese my mom always used to make. I've taken up the tradition.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sweet Potato Casserole
Old 11-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Favorites: Pecan Pie (that's the side.. right?) and the green bean casserole with the french fried onions. I also like taters done any other way than just mashed with gravy
Old 11-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #8
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sausage, cranberry, and pecan stuffing with extra gravy

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:47 PM   #9
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Southern cornbread dressing made right, but I actually consider that the main course Collards are also a favorite.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #10
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
My wives homemade rolls.
You know this is illegal, right?

I found a great recipe for butternut squash, sausage, fennel and sage stuffing that I'll make with ancient grain bread. I'm really looking forward to that and the pecan pie!
Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #11
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Jellied cranberry and sweet potato pie
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
Southern cornbread dressing made right, but I actually consider that the main course Collards are also a favorite.
I've been asked to do a cornbread style dressing. I'm not sure which branch to take.. cornbread and oyster, dirty (with glizzards and livers), or a creole version using trinity and bulk sausage.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #13
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've had it with oysters and liked it, but I make a big batch so there will be leftovers, so oysters and dirty don't work well in that situation.

I cook my cornbread thin in big sheet / jelly roll pans so there is a lot of crust, plus I chop the onions, celery, garlic, sage and cook them in the cornbread.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #14
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I always loved my mom's gravy and smashed potatoes.
The favorite side dish i make every year is cheese ball with triscuits
Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #15
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
I've had it with oysters and liked it, but I make a big batch so there will be leftovers, so oysters and dirty don't work well in that situation.

I cook my cornbread thin in big sheet / jelly roll pans so there is a lot of crust, plus I chop the onions, celery, garlic, sage and cook them in the cornbread.
I didn't make enough cornbread batter to use a sheet pan, so I made corn muffins which generated alot of crust. I have a stoneware muffin pan and didn't use liners. Luckily, they didn't stick to the pan. I made a the bulk sausage, trinity version
Old 11-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #16
Sushi

Sushi has super-sized repSushi has super-sized repSushi has super-sized repSushi has super-sized rep

My favorite is stuffing. Any kind. Cornbread, rice, traditional...
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I didn't make enough cornbread batter to use a sheet pan, so I made corn muffins which generated alot of crust. I have a stoneware muffin pan and didn't use liners. Luckily, they didn't stick to the pan. I made a the bulk sausage, trinity version
I love Chicken and Dressing. I made 2 pans of cornbread this year in my cast iron skillet that I heated in the oven with bacon grease. So good. lol It was hard not to just eat all the cornbread.

I like a lot of sage in my dressing, but other than that it's just cornbread, some white sandwich bread, shredded chicken, celery and onions along with the broth in which they cooked and of course salt and pepper. It's how my nana always made it!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote