Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #1
Dex

Dex can now change their title
Default Melissa Mc Carthy

She is now losing weight, jumped on the diet wagon. All for her new clothing line launch. Last year she was quite happy not to diet. Why do people change?
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
gutlover

gutlover has said some nice things

It's sadly just like Jennifer Grey getting her nose job. People loved her for what she was.
gutlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutlover View Post
People loved her for what she was.
Luckily, women are able to make their own choices regarding their own lives and it doesn't depend on what other people like or don't like.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #4
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Luckily, women are able to make their own choices regarding their own lives and it doesn't depend on what other people like or don't like.
It's just horrible when women think for themselves.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
Dex

What I was saying is, one minute she states she is happy as she is, then has a change of mind. What are you trying to say about my post? Am I not entitled to an opinion just as you are?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
lifelongpassion

lifelongpassion can now change their title

Heh, walking through the minefield of political correctness. Fun, ain't it?

That's why I don't come here much except for the pics & stories.
lifelongpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
ant31

ant31 has said some nice things

if you knew the truth about her you'd know she wasnt the size she is now growing up she was quite small & only gained theweight she is now after moving out here to california . she was a cheerleader growing up 7 no matter what size she is she's still going to just as beautiful smart and funny as she is now !
ant31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
steve-aka

steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Yep, because no one in Hollywood has ever told Ms. McCarthy to lose weight. That would never happen.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ler-frame.html

She wasn't always as big as she is now. I have gained and lost MANYYYYYYYYYYY times in my life. Not because someone told me to but because I decided it was what *I* wanted for myself at that time.
She already ran the gamut of sizes....and does a diet mean she's going to be size six again? Maybe.....maybe not *shrug*

I like her either way.....

Perhaps the point that someone was trying to make earlier is that only liking a person because they are fat is as bad as only liking thin people? I'm a funny bird that prefers people to like me for who I am.....how I am.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 12-02-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #10
BBW MeganLynn44DD
Perfectly Round

BBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I think she's great!Its her choice and her life.I know it's a taboo thing here to lose weight.I am a yo-yo dieter and for years have been a size 6 to a 24.If you men only knew!!!!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka View Post
Yep, because no one in Hollywood has ever told Ms. McCarthy to lose weight. That would never happen.
Of course they did, but she's a grown-ass woman and makes her own decisions.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When in Rome....more rolls will be available to her and it's a very competitive field to be in, so sure she's under pressure. However, it's her body and her life. I applaud her professional and personal successes.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #13
Dex

I just love that little message that pops up when I log on to Dimensions....Hi Dex, it appears you haven't posted in a while, why not comment or join a discussion etc etc. Well, here is one damn good reason why I don't very much. Yeah, I like some women because of their fatness, so what? If all of you large women don't want to be admired by a stranger from a distance because of your physique, just say so. Sounds like some of you here are just here to bitch and complain about your sad lives and to play "God" to the rest of the community. If you want to lose members and support, keep on posting negative comments after someone asks a question or makes a comment in innocence.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #14
Saoirse

omfg grow a set. so tired of people being little bitches when someone doesn't respond how they want.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #15
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

To answer your questions, "why do people change?"

Because being the same all the time is freaking boring. Because they want better for themselves. Because because because...there are a multitude of reasons. Maybe she missed a favourite pair of jeans she can't wear anymore, maybe her blood pressure went up, maybe she just wanted to feel better.

You should check yourself before you throw an entire community (that you participate in so little to begin with) under the bus.

She's a grown woman and can change anything, at any time, for any reason.

End. Of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I just love that little message that pops up when I log on to Dimensions....Hi Dex, it appears you haven't posted in a while, why not comment or join a discussion etc etc. Well, here is one damn good reason why I don't very much. Yeah, I like some women because of their fatness, so what? If all of you large women don't want to be admired by a stranger from a distance because of your physique, just say so. Sounds like some of you here are just here to bitch and complain about your sad lives and to play "God" to the rest of the community. If you want to lose members and support, keep on posting negative comments after someone asks a question or makes a comment in innocence.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
fuelingfire

fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fuelingfire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I want her to be in a movie where they don't make fat jokes. I like her in movies. But fat jokes just aren't funny. And I haven't heard an original one in years. They take me out of the movie.
fuelingfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #17
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love when the faceless feeders-who-call-themselves-admirers pop out of their holes and are met with the actual women on this board. Always funny!
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #18
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I love her, she's so funny! I'm happy for her whatever she decides to do.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:21 AM   #19
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

There is too much $ to be made. Tammy was hilarious but not many supported her in theaters. I don't blame her for trying to branch out as Mike and Molly is nearing the end of its run. If she wants to lose let her, nothing is worse than another Carnie Wilson still moping about surgery after weight loss surgery as opposed to making new music and actually living life.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #20
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

I have never really understood why anyone cares about the personal lives of famous people.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #21
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
When in Rome....more rolls will be available to her and it's a very competitive field to be in, so sure she's under pressure.
I strongly doubt this!

The issue has been discussed several times & places on here - but with someone as high-profile a heavy actress as Melissa McCarthy staying that way (or at least not getting really skinny down to a size 6 or so) is a form of job security. She's the A-list in the fat niche - on which list would she be if she dieted down to standard Hollywood size? Competition there is much fiercer.

Also - which fat actor or actress do you know who was seriously successful after they lost weight and switched role profiles?

I can't think of any.
And don't say Jennifer Hudson - she's totally lost her USP now that she's another interchangable black barbie. There is no potential Oscar material coming her way any more right now.
Among the male actors actually several put the weight back on pretty quickly.

Melissa McCarthy is free to do as she sees best for herself; she deserves any respect and support for that. She seems to be a smart person, so it should be unlikely she's doing it for professional reasons.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #22
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
When in Rome....more rolls will be available to her and it's a very competitive field to be in, so sure she's under pressure. However, it's her body and her life. I applaud her professional and personal successes.
Lol. Acting = roles. XD
Old 12-10-2014, 01:55 AM   #23
Dex

Default To Surleysomething

An entire community? Seems to me like a small handful of people who think they rule these boards and are so set in their ideals that they refuse to accept or listen to another point of view. Yes, I do not post much and guess what, I will not be posting at all in the future. There are plenty other "magazines" out there in this day and age. People like yourself do not do the size acceptance movement any favors....in fact, your attitude has almost turned me against all you try to achieve. When I see my tax dollars going towards keeping some person who has eaten themselves into disability, it gets me disgruntled. Obviously it does not apply to you in Canada!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:19 AM   #24
Saoirse

Quote:
An entire community? Seems to me like a small handful of people who think they rule these boards and are so set in their ideals that they refuse to accept or listen to another point of view. Yes, I do not post much and guess what, I will not be posting at all in the future. There are plenty other "magazines" out there in this day and age. People like yourself do not do the size acceptance movement any favors....in fact, your attitude has almost turned me against all you try to achieve. When I see my tax dollars going towards keeping some person who has eaten themselves into disability, it gets me disgruntled. Obviously it does not apply to you in Canada!

wtf are you talking about? Your first post is bitching about someone losing weight and now you're disgruntled... cause your tax dollars bought a fat person a taco?
Old 12-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #25
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Haha. Adios!

Quote:
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote