Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Weight Fiction General BHM/Mutual Archive

Old 11-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #51
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

I third the request!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #52
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Apologies -- life has sort of got in the way. I'll try to get back to the story soon.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #53
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Please do!

I have to say, the image of Donald the big guy in the Mecha-Godzilla suit being lifted bodily by the (presumably even bigger) football player in the Godzilla suit is, well, inspiring!
Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #54
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Part Vc.

As they turned back towards the campus, Sally stumbled and fell against Donald, who automatically threw his arm about her.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you home,” he murmured.

“Actually, I’m starting to think I could go for that coffee after all.” Across the street, the lights were still on in a late-night cafe, and a pleasant dark smell of roasting beans drifted to where they stood under a light.

“Whatever makes you feel better,” Donald smiled.

The cafe looked like every pop-up urban coffee bar, but had in fact been there for many years and was the sort of local hangout that those other coffee bars aspired to be. Nonetheless, the management had recently caved to the popularity of seasonal drinks, and when Sally and Donald reached the counter, she was able to order a pumpkin spice latte from the menu.

“My treat,” said Donald hastily before she could pay. “And I’ll have a regular coffee and a slice of pumpkin pie, please.”

“Thanks,” said Sally.

“One pumpkin spice, one regular -- if you can stop arguing with my brother for two minutes” said the cashier loudly towards the other end of the counter, where an argument was going on between the barista and a man who gloomily sipped a double espresso as he leant on the bar.

“I admit the fair trade coffee may not solve all the world’s problems,” came the barista’s voice from behind the espresso machine, “but every drop in the bucket helps. It can’t be a bad thing if the workers are at least getting paid properly.”

“We should pay a proper price for a product,” agreed the other man, “but that’s to keep us honest. Anything more is just being patronizing towards people in another part of the — I think you’ve got a customer, Pete.” He stepped aside for Sally and the barista peered around the espresso machine.

“You’re the pumpkin spice?”

He was a tall stout young man in hipster glasses, and Sally couldn’t help looking him over appreciatively, only to immediately feel a twinge of guilt — true, she wasn’t exactly dating Donald, but it bothered her to think her affections could be so changeable.

“I’m the customer who ordered the pumpkin spice,” she said, determinedly, with a glance back at the engineer. Pete blinked, embarrassed, and she felt bad again, this time for snapping at him; but the cashier’s brother smiled for the first time. “Sorry, rough night,” she said to them both. “And Donald -- my friend here -- is the regular coffee.”

They took their drinks to a wooden table in the corner, and the young woman who’d taken their order brought over Donald’s slice of pie on a plate. The engineer ate it in silence, occasionally throwing Sally a concerned glance.

“I’m all right,” she said eventually. “Just -- I’ve never fought anyone. Well, not since middle school anyway. Thanks for the backup, by the way. I don’t think I’d have done well otherwise.”

“Any time. For what it’s worth, you did good.” He looked for a moment as if he was going to add something,then looked down at his empty plate.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:53 PM   #55
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's always a good day when authors return to take care of their stories!

Bayone - I formatted your story a little to make it easier to read on screen (indenting for instance doesn't work here) - and took the liberaty of numbering the installments (summing together the parts of the story under one Roman number that fit chronologically), to give readers a better orientation where in the story we are. I hope you're okay with that.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #56
bayone

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
It's always a good day when authors return to take care of their stories!
Thanks, I figured it was time I finally got back to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Bayone - I formatted your story a little to make it easier to read on screen (indenting for instance doesn't work here) - and took the liberty of numbering the instalments (summing together the parts of the story under one Roman number that fit chronologically), to give readers a better orientation where in the story we are. I hope you're okay with that.
Thanks, I'd been numbering the chapters on Tumblr but forgot to do it here.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #57
Kompliziert
Complicated

Kompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going on

Your writing is amazing. It really couldn't be better. So much of it made me actually laugh out loud, and so much more made me shake my head in disbelief that you could so perfectly capture and replicate the eccentricities of life. Gordon is so exactly a person I tried not to know in high school, Donald's T-shirts the shirts friends have worn, and Sally's inner monologue has often been my own. The awkwardness of Thanksgiving with family for an (F)FA is SO DEAD ON! Oh my GOD! You reminded me how awful it was! And using my favorite Shakespeare play as a wonderful plot device to get our heroine's hands all over the handsome romantic interest--just perfect! And then just a dash of the supernatural to truly bring this story into a category all its own. I am sad there isn't more, but you have given my imagination and my heart something truly fantastic to chew on. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent with us all! If you wrote novels I would buy them all in a heartbeat, this is some of the best stuff I've ever read.
Kompliziert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:27 AM   #58
bayone

Thanks. Im sorry life has rather got in the way of finishing this one. If its any consolation, someone on AO3 is writing a delightful Regency romance (as in, the Prince Regent is the male lead, and the radically Whig heroine is attracted to him despite herself): Character & Caricature

Gordon is mostly based on someone in first-year English class at university, though thankfully he never actually noticed me.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:35 AM   #59
Kompliziert
Complicated

Kompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going on

Hehe, to be honest, I'm just glad to see you still exist! I was worried you had quit Dimensions or something. I can understand about life getting in the way, and as much as I would LOVE to see more of your work, of course you are not a performing monkey for us! I hope that everything in your life is going well, and I will certainly check out that story.

Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by Kompliziert; 09-25-2017 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Number of exclamation points reaching critical mass.
Kompliziert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:49 AM   #60
bayone

I’ve been writing some fanfic under my main online handle of moon_custafer, but it doesn’t really have any FFA content, except maybe this one if you squint (and it helps if you picture the characters as played by Rutland Barrington and Jesse Bond): https://archiveofourown.org/works/13...apters/2861722

It’s in the Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Sorcerer fandom, though, which is maybe two or three people

Tags
bhm, ffa, multi-part, romance