Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #26
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

RJI: I'm late contributing to this thread, but it's a very interesting question; thanks for posing it!

It seems like everyone agrees that the best way for a single person to find a partner is to put him- or herself out there a little more more. (I wish I had done this when I was young and single.) It improves the odds of success and provides practice in approaching others so that it hopefully begins to feel natural and comfortable rather than forced or awkward. What biglynch said about just having fun rather than going out with a specific goal in mind also seems like good advice to me; a connection with someone is probably more likely to happen organically when someone is relaxed and not stressing about the outcome.

I think both men and women tend to know right away in most instances whether they are attracted to someone or not; although personally there have been occasions when I was not attracted to someone at first glance, but when we got to know one another, he became extremely attractive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Getting to know someone is never a waste of time.
I love this sentiment!

Also, perhaps I am hopelessly old-fashioned, but the idea of hooking up with someone whom one knows nothing about (even his or her name?!) sounds dangerous to me on a number of levels.

bigmac makes a good point about not investing emotional energy in wishing for a relationship to be something other than it is, but so does biglynch when he said that some women are more reserved than others and may be written off too quickly. Confidence is an attractive trait in both men and women, but I always assumed that men who were outgoing in general but aloof with me were just not interested. I'm not saying that a man should pursue a woman with an air of desperation or allow himself to be used as an emotional crutch, but I think that showing genuine interest in someone you're attracted to is a much better approach than trying to affect disinterest for strategic purposes.

And to answer the original question:
1) Bigger men often seem more approachable to me, as agouderia said. Perhaps because they are not perceived, physically speaking, by most people as God's gift to the world, they are sometimes less arrogant (at least in my experience); although everyone is different, and it's probably not wise to generalize too much.

2) A man's size, to some extent, suggests his willingness to indulge in sensual pleasures, which can definitely be a good thing.

3) Like many of the other women here, I find the tactile aspect of being with a bigger guy very appealing, although I probably wouldn't use the word "cuddly." Not because I can think of a better term; it just makes me think of Winnie the Pooh or Snuggles the fabric softener bear , which is not really what I want to think about when I'm with an attractive man.

4) And, finally, as others have stated more eloquently, I'm not sure anyone can adequately explain why someone's looks are pleasing to him or her *shrug*; I just think a lot of bigger men are nice to look at.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #27
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post
Ladies what is it that attracts you to those of us that are larger?

I have dated several woman that say it is the secure feeling they get and as a bonus we are cuddly.

I have also been with a few that just have a fetish.

Those that were about the fetish were never considered for anything long term but just fun while it lasts

So what is it that gravitates you our way?
For me it is way more then fetish....the idea of a man smaller then me is a total TURN OFF....in anyway....legs/arms/belly etc...prefer men 100-200 MORE then me for sure....I like the security of a big man, the strength, the size, his dauntingness (my new word)....rolls to grab onto, lay on...feel...nothing hotter then a man loving to eat....
Old 01-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #28
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Personality, confidence, and plushness. I enjoy the big hands. I like a hairy, big bellied kinda guy. I love a big gut in jeans with a belt I like how a BHM makes me feel small. I am trying to lose more weight to get more of that feeling. BHM just make me feel safe and protected. I also like how a BHM can have dominance over me and even when I challenge, he wins without me letting him
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #29
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Moderator note: This thread went massively off topic. Normally I'm pretty tolerant of that happening, but I really think that this is a thread this board needs, a place where new members who honestly want to understand this question can find answers. Meanwhile the off-topic discussion was nothing that hasn't been discussed elsewhere.

If anyone wants to start a thread about what is an acceptable size of big, currently correct collective nouns for the genders, or how their personal experience clashes with what they see posted here, you are welcome to do so. Those topics are not forbidden (although the collective nouns one should go in Hyde Park, not this board) and are valid topics for discussion.....but let's keep this thread about the original questions.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM   #30
cherrygarcia
screams for ice cream

cherrygarcia has said some nice things

Inevitably I'm going to echo some of my ffa sisters here, but it's definitely a tactile thing. Not just beautiful to look at, but inviting. Who could argue that fat people are the best at hugging?? We just are. We're MADE for hugs. So yeah, cuddliness. We see a big guy and we go all grabby hands. And I hardly think it can be denied that there's an element of the Big Strong Protector archetype playing in here. I personally love broad shoulders on a man. A little muscle underneath is appreciated but lack of it is definitely NOT a turnoff.
cherrygarcia is offline   Reply With Quote