Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-28-2015, 06:04 PM   #26
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I've looked for Campbell's cream of soup at the grocery, but they don't carry it. It sounds very basic, which I find intriguing.
It's any Cream of soup you happen to have on hand. Most of them are so bland that it really does not matter which one you use in any given hotdish recipe (cream of mushroom vs. cream of broccoli vs. cream of celery vs. cream of chicken). If anything, I would avoid using the cheesy and tomato-based cream soups simply because they probably won't work with sauerkraut.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #27
RubyRipples

RubyRipples can now change their title

My favourite cabbage recipe is one from my ex mother in law who worked in a posh pub that did food too. She said it was Hungarian and she called it (phonetic here, no idea of the spelling!) kolisvarry. If anyone knows what the real name/spelling is, pls tell!

Half a white (ordinary pale green) cabbage sliced so its in shreds
kabanos sliced
cream
paprika
salt

Put the cabbage mixed with kabanos and some salt into a microwaveable dish. sprinkle paprika over the top then pour cream all over it. Then put clingfilm all over the top and just pierce a little hole for steam to escape. Cook on high heat for around 12 minutes, til the cabbage is tender. This is also very good eaten at room temperature as part of a buffet.
RubyRipples is offline   Reply With Quote