Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 12-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #1
bmwm2001

bmwm2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbmwm2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default learning to drive vs being fat

Here is an interesting question.
I am 27 and havw recently started driving lessons. Ive never ever really been interested in learning to drive and am only really doing it now to get it out of the way.
When i told my family ans friends that i was learning how to drive their reaction was universaly 'thats great, well done, your life will be so much beter and you will have freedom and be happier'.
Now when i said i was a Feeder and that i enjoy gaining weight their reaction was 'thats unhealthy, your killing yourself etc etc'.

What i want to know is,
What are the figures about how much more likely you are to be in a car accident being a driver on the road compared with the figures of having a weight related illness?

My family aprove of one which doesn't make me happy but they see as fine and encourage it.

My family doesn't aprove of what does make me happy and discourage it on 'health reasons'.

If there are any links, figures, or just useful opinions, id love to see them

Daniel xxx
bmwm2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
lawriesv

lawriesv has said some nice things

You stated that you are a "Feeder"; that implies that your activity is feeding someone else. If you meant that you yourself eat a lot, or that someone else feeds you a lot, then you are a "Feedee" (i.e., the person being fed).

In terms of the specifics of your questions, comparing driving to being overweight/obese, one would have to assess how much you weigh, relative to your build and general state of health, and compare that with what type of driver you would be (careful, aggressive) and in what circumstances you would drive (good or bad weather, quiet or "rush" traffic, how aggressive are surrounding drivers --- you could be superb, but others could still crash into you). Obviously, there are no "pat" answers to your questions.
lawriesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:48 AM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Also, remember that statistics only show general trends within a population; they cannot predict individual outcomes. There is an old joke about a couple with four children who refused to have any more because they had read that every fifth baby born is Chinese. This is similar to what you're doing in your quest for statistics. Drive where you want, eat what you want, and don't worry about numbers, is my advice.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:38 AM   #4
bmwm2001

bmwm2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbmwm2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I was more annoyed at only getting support for something that is potentially dangerous, and when it comes to the feedee/feeder relationship that i have, i got disapproval for THAT being potentially dangerous (being the likelihood of having a weight related illness).
I feed my girlfriend and am also putting on weight myself as we share meals and live a reasonablely sedentary life for pleasure.

Im still only a few months into my lessons but so far ive found out its largely about predicting what the other drivers on the road are going to do, made harder by so so many people not signalling and rushing around like loons lol.

I was really looking for something solid to use aginst my mum like figures to get her to see my point, but Dr. Feelgoods right that they only show the general population.

Sorry, i thought i might have been onto something but instead of trying to score points, i should have just accepted that she didnt support me and is anti-fat, but i guess she wouldn't ever want me to be unhappy.

We aren't sure even really that big with me being 247lbs and her being 206lbs but those figures are only going up! Maybe i should just toss it up to her being a worried mother.
bmwm2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #5
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Driving can be as hazardous as anything else in life.
Being fat is less of a hazard in my opinion because you aren't on the road as much.
Statistics can be skewed to support anything so numbers are a moot point.
Trying to argue your point is going to be a fruitless venture.
Enjoy learning to drive and being fat if that is what you want.
My Mom can't see how I can drive with my belly rubbing the steering wheel but I do just fine.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Driving vs being fat.

We aren't really comparing apples to apples here are we?
Driving opens the world up. Enhances economic opportunities and genuinely places you in society.

Being fat is a preference which in certain cases can do quite the opposite.

You see how the risk reward ratio just isn't even in the same league?

If I were you I'd stop trying to justify liking fat.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #7
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
Driving vs being fat.

We aren't really comparing apples to apples here are we?
Thank you for common sense!

I had trouble figuring out whether the initial question wasn't some sort of hoax!

Statistically being a pedestrian, on a bicycle or a passenger in a car is much more dangerous than driving yourself.

If you start that discussion - which of the things in life you learn aren't dangerous in one way or the other? Using a knife or scissors, turning on your stove, taking a potentially too hot shower, going down stairs, etc. etc.
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

Yep.....statistics on your question will be very difficult and thus as well be skewed in either direction even with some research and concrete numbers.

This support boils down to "societal norms"!

Driving is rather socially acceptable....in fact someone may consider it a bit strange that you are 27 and don't have a license (Not me)....just in a "societal norm" sense.

Weight gain .....socially is not something that most people get excited about, in fact the heavy (no pun intended) majority of both men and women would not like to gain any weight.

Intentional weight gain for lack of a real statistic let's say 99.9% of the population " (It almost feels like that) can't even comprehend why someone would want to gain weight or have their spouse gain weight not to mention a whole lot of weight. So in a "social norm" sense this just ain't normal in their eyes.

My wife being around me forever and knowing my preference of her gaining weight and liking her fatter.....thinks it's weird. Because of these comments she has made..... She doesn't even know how much weight I would love to see her gain or how Fat I really dream of her getting.

In summary anything that is different than what society claims as normal makes it hard for others to understand. It kind of makes sense.......many guys probably most would look at my wife currently and think she is very "beautiful and hot" especially if she lost 20-30 Lbs. and I often dream of how much hotter she would be with an extra 30, 50 and even 100 Lbs.

So you cant blame your family for thinking the same way....let's say 99.9% of the world would think in the same scenario.
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote