Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Writers Forum

Old 12-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
BiddyGal

BiddyGal has said some nice things
Default visual ref for weight gain- advice

I wanted to get some better ideas of how weight looks at different stages of gain by body height. Mostly because i would like to write a decent description of someone very petite gaining weight. Some of the few pages I've found only go up to 375 and I wanted to kind of get an idea of some errrrr much larger bodies. I just want to be able to do some good descriptive work for my first attempt. i know good writing is more of a "show, don't tell" but the references would be helpful. I've seen a handful on various weight loss and BMI sites, but nothing that gives me a good idea of much larger gains.

Also, im a nerd and am interested.
BiddyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
The_Hero

The_Hero can now change their title
Default Sites

How large are you looking for?

You might try some of the pay sites...big cuties, etc. Even if you don't want to shell out money there is usually a tourists section.
The_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
BiddyGal

i was hoping for a recommendation for a simulation or application more then a pay site.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
The_Hero

The_Hero can now change their title
Default Clarification.

The only reason I suggested lurk the free part of pay sites is the models may state their weight...
The_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

does this help?

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
Old 01-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

Fat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticedFat Molly never has a post go unnoticed

also maybe this one (for which I am responsible)
http://iweighxpounds.tumblr.com/
Old 01-05-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Molly View Post
also maybe this one (for which I am responsible)
http://iweighxpounds.tumblr.com/
Wow, what an awesome tumblr! Very helpful and also smexy!

As for a 5'2 woman, a lot depends on build etc. I too have a pet peeve of people describing certain height/weight characters completely wrong, it totally kills the story for me. I am 5'2 and a size 18 UK clothes (I think that is around 14 in US?) at the moment and am around 185lbs.

I made a tutorial about this when I was around 170lbs, which you can find here. I've got a couple of pics from that time of me in a corset as well.

Hope that helps~
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am 5'3, 160ish lbs. i am a size 9 canadian if it fits at the waist, size 11 if it fits at the hips (but keep in mind clothing for a woman varies hugely. My smallest lair of pants is size 7 and my largest is size 13 - they fit the same. My undershirt i am wearing is XL but the blouse is a M).

I am hour glass tending towards the hippy side. I excercise a fair amount so my stomach is pretty flat, but i am overall more filled in. At 145 lbs i am was a large b cup, and size 5ish...so for someone my size, 15 lbs meant a huge difference.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #9
Fat Molly
hufflepuff hobbit

I'm 5'0, 170ish lbs, fit a size 16 US.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #10
BiddyGal

that tutorial is super keen.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #11
Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
As a writer, I find it a challenge not only to depict the changes in body size and shape at various weights, but also changes in how clothing fits (or doesn't fit) the character, how they move when they walk (slow, slower, how they swing their arms due to body fat, how the fat itself moves), how they feel when they sit down or stand, what happens when/if they exercise (out of breath, etc), and most of all, how they feel about themselves and their bodies. I try to describe what it would actually feel like to be that character at a certain weight. Not always easy since I only have my own personal experience to go by.

Here is link to brokencassette on deviantart that may be helpful. He does a great job of illustrating comparisons of body size and shape as weight is gained: http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?qh=žion=&global=1&q=brokencassette

Thanks for the other links as well - the one from tumblr is especially, um . . . interesting!
Jerry Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reference, visual