Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-21-2015, 02:14 AM   #1
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default A question for FFAs

This came up in light conversation.

I'll paint a scenario:

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. The two of you aren't doing much of anything in the living room, when your BHM turns to you and says "could you make me a sandwich?"

What is your response?
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:58 AM   #2
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

"'Course What kind do you want?"

I mean, this response would depend on tone of voice and other variables in the context of the relationship that develop over time. Like, do I feel he makes a habit of kinda bossing me around or is there an unspoken understanding of give-and-take? But in most instances I'd be happy to.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #3
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

This situation has nothing to do with BHM or not, in my opinion.

Any adult sitting in my home who wants something to eat gets it. (With kids it depends on situation, parents attitude, what kind of food, etc.)

With some friends - thin ones - I already know they come to my house hungry so I often preemptively prepare a snack.

Sorry for the inquisitiveness - but how did you come up with the question? The situation seems so totally normal and obvious.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #4
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post

Any adult sitting in my home who wants something to eat gets it. (With kids it depends on situation, parents attitude, what kind of food, etc.)

With some friends - thin ones - I already know they come to my house hungry so I often preemptively prepare a snack.

Sorry for the inquisitiveness - but how did you come up with the question? The situation seems so totally normal and obvious.
Oh, the BHM-ness is the significant factor? I suppose I should have realised this based on the thread title Welp, good case in point for what Agouderia just said!
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
It came up in silly banter about online dating profiles (and tailoring them towards attracting potential FFAs).
Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I dont mind getting things for him as long as he gets things for me. My response would generally be "only one!?" Cuz if i am hauling my butt up, it better be for more than just one lol - mama wants to at least vicariously enjoy a show if she had to put effort out

A follow up of "starving puppy face" and a please usually makes me roll my eyes and do it.

Now, if i am not attracted to the guy, he doesnt really enjoy food (or he is asking me to do it out of a sense of inferiority) id tell him to get up and make his own sandwich.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #7
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well - if that's a question from a dating profile, it's one which is most likely to filter for the considerate hostesses and good cooks!

Not so sure regarding the FFAs - because I'm actually always baffled around here how many of the FFAs claim to a) not know how to cook and/or b) don't like to cook.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #8
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"Abracadabra! You're a sandwich!"
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
"Abracadabra! You're a sandwich!"
+1 Rep
Old 01-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #10
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I probably wouldn't say anything and would just bolt to make the sandwich, like when Homer rushes off and leaves a smoke silhouette. That being said, I am VERY interested in the potential for him to gain....so yeah.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #11
Cookie

Cookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going on

I think I would have offered to make food much before he'd need to ask. I'm quite into being a bit of a feeder and encouraging a guy to gain weight through it.

Of course I'd make a sandwich for anyone though anyway if they asked nicely and would appreciate it.
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #12
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd make it. Not just because of the whole "yay I get to watch him eat" part, but also because that's our relationship dynamic. He tells me to do something and I do it, having him be in control makes me a much calmer more settled person.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:15 PM   #13
magodamilion

magodamilion can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmagodamilion can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:

I interpreted it that the joke was that there's a conflict of interest cause for a feeder the question is a good thing but for a woman the question is like a sexist joke thing so what would someone whose both do. I thought it was funny.

As for me if it was a lazy sunday I'd probably say no cause I wouldn't want to get up.
magodamilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #14
youareneverready

youareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesyouareneverready can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have a lazy Sunday afternoon with a BHM who asks for food? I must be dreaming and therefore the sandwich magically makes itself.
youareneverready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #15
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Depends if I was making a sandwich or not? I mean, if I mentioned I was making a sandwich/cup of tea or whatever and they asked if they could have one too, that is fine. But I would tell them to get it themselves if I was just minding my own business and they asked me to make something.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #16
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For me, context would change everything. With my wife, she so seldom asks for anything of that sort that:
a) I'd assume she really wanted a sandwich and really wanted it made for her, and
b) My FA side would be all giddy

So of course I'd make it for her.

If I was with someone who asked for stuff all the time? I'd think that would get old after a bit.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #17
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareneverready View Post
I have a lazy Sunday afternoon with a BHM who asks for food? I must be dreaming and therefore the sandwich magically makes itself.
WG fiction should make people always wary of magically conjured food.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #18
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How many do you want?
Old 01-24-2015, 04:24 AM   #19
Zaylia

Zaylia has said some nice things

Maybe I spend too much time online, but I immediately thought of this. If he meant it as a "lol ur a woman so u belong in the kitchen" thing I'd be very annoyed.

...but if it was another type of food I would jump to my feet! I'd likely enjoy preparing something and watching him eat it more than he'd enjoy eating it. It might even feel like he was the one doing me a favour.
Zaylia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:44 AM   #20
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree with ODFFA and Tad about the context.

And Dr. Feelgood's answer is exactly the sort of thing I would say to anyone who's perfectly capable of doing things for himself but always expects me to wait on him.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:47 AM   #21
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

as it goes I'm just in from work, and really could do with a bacon buttie.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:29 AM   #22
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
as it goes I'm just in from work, and really could do with a bacon buttie.
OK, here you go. But you might have to share--I like bacon, too.

MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote