Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 07-26-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Coming out of the fridge

Have any of y'all told anybody irl that you want to gain? Friends, family, lovers? How did you explain it and how did they react? Have you ever been open with a health care provider about wanting to gain or at least being happy being heavy and not wanting to lose?
Old 08-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #2
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

No...I never have to all questions!

After unintentionally gaining and then Intentionally gaining to see how Fat I could get ....I gained 40+ Lbs. in a fairly quick time frame probably 3 + Months. I had the urge to show off my new huge gut by wearing tighter T shirts and clothing (which at this stage all my clothes were tight and I looked 9 months pregnant) to people such as Grocery store employees, restaurant waitresses, few of my wive's friends and even my wife. I devilish wanted to hear them say Wow....you have gotten so Fat....but their reactions' were more just eye balls and some extra long hugs from some of my wive's friends (I actually think a few of her friends were to a special liking to my new big Fat gut).
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
Have any of y'all told anybody irl that you want to gain? Friends, family, lovers? How did you explain it and how did they react?

No

Quote:
Have you ever been open with a health care provider about wanting to gain or at least being happy being heavy and not wanting to lose?
I did inform my nurse practitioner something of the sort. I forget just what I said (it was some years ago), but it was to the effect of "I really don't have the warm-fuzzy feelings about thinness that most people have -- being thinner might have practical benefits but it will never be a moral 'thin is better' feeling for me. I'm willing to talk about my weight and associated health issues, on a practical level -- but I'd like to minimize 'you should lose weight' discussions."

She took that fairly well, and has generally cooperated with me on that. it probably helps that I have an overall reasonably healthy lifestyle and am aware of my health risks.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I opened up to my room mate about my gaining. She was concerned at first, but as she saw how much happier I was, she accepted it.
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
lawriesv

lawriesv has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
I opened up to my room mate about my gaining. She was concerned at first, but as she saw how much happier I was, she accepted it.
I am intrigued by your post.

Approximately how much did you tell your room-mate you intended to gain? Were you heavier or slimmer than her before beginning gaining (taking relative heights into account)? Would you be slimmer, somewhat heavier, or a lot heavier than her upon achieving your stated goal? Do you think she would be implicitly pressured, or effectively permitted, to herself emulate your personal changes?
lawriesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
finallyfat

finallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Told the wife I want to be fat with her this year. She's always squeezing my fat now.

Everyone I know knows I like fat ladies. Because I always have. No one but my fat wife knows that my growing fatness is turning me on. I love all the fat. And she's helping me. I'm her blubber boy now. And, she's fatter every time I touch her too.

We have a new fat secret. Two of them- We both love our fat and we eat to fatten more.

This secret is poorly kept though as any observer can watch and see that we are increasingly obese together. Our loving gluttony is quite public whether we wish it or not. We love our fat and food enough not to care!

finallyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyfat View Post
Told the wife I want to be fat with her this year. She's always squeezing my fat now.

Everyone I know knows I like fat ladies. Because I always have. No one but my fat wife knows that my growing fatness is turning me on. I love all the fat. And she's helping me. I'm her blubber boy now. And, she's fatter every time I touch her too.

We have a new fat secret. Two of them- We both love our fat and we eat to fatten more.

This secret is poorly kept though as any observer can watch and see that we are increasingly obese together. Our loving gluttony is quite public whether we wish it or not. We love our fat and food enough not to care!

Sounds awesome -- enjoy like crazy!
Old 08-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #8
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyfat View Post

Welcome to the club! It's always great when someone new grows into the community
Old 08-30-2016, 05:25 AM   #9
finallyfat

finallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Welcome to the club! It's always great when someone new grows into the community
Thanks. Been here since '96 but I was never fat until this year. I love seeing the fat effects on myself. Having grown suddenly fat is very pleasant. Very.

This is my favorite club ever.
finallyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 AM   #10
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I am rather curious as to how that went. When I came out as a lesbian it was almost anti-climactic, most of my family and friends k
new or suspected for years.

It is obvious that I love to eat and that I have gained weight. Most of my friends and family have reacted with concert or in some case criticism. While I did not necessarily gain on purpose, I know I was putting on weight and quite frankly enjoying it.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #11
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn View Post
I am rather curious as to how that went. When I came out as a lesbian it was almost anti-climactic, most of my family and friends k
new or suspected for years.

It is obvious that I love to eat and that I have gained weight. Most of my friends and family have reacted with concert or in some case criticism. While I did not necessarily gain on purpose, I know I was putting on weight and quite frankly enjoying it.
Oh she didn't like it at all and still doesn't agree with it, but doesn't hound me about it like in the beginning. It took the longest with my mother probably because she didn't know it was intentional and I didn't tell her. So she thought something was wrong and I should see a doctor
Old 11-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #12
AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Oh she didn't like it at all and still doesn't agree with it, but doesn't hound me about it like in the beginning. It took the longest with my mother probably because she didn't know it was intentional and I didn't tell her. So she thought something was wrong and I should see a doctor
I feel like I will eventually have to come up with some kind of explanation, at least for my mother when the time comes. I mean, she has made little comments and this and that, and gave me a lecture when we were on a cruise after my graduation last summer.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:45 PM   #13
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn View Post
I feel like I will eventually have to come up with some kind of explanation, at least for my mother when the time comes. I mean, she has made little comments and this and that, and gave me a lecture when we were on a cruise after my graduation last summer.
Just some thoughts, because I'm falling asleep at work right now and need to do something to wake myself back up again.

Parents seem to get wrapped up about their grown kids getting fat for a few key reasons, that to exaggerate I'd describe as:

- You'll never get married! (or at least settle down with someone and give me grand kids)
- I don't want you to die before me!
- This must be a sign of something else being wrong (because nobody wants to be fat)
- What will people think of my parenting?!?

On that first one, unless your Mom has been doing heavy research on the lesbian community you might be able to kind of fend her off? And depending on what your plans and hopes are there might be a whole other conversation there?

On the second one you can promise to watch your health, to see a doctor regularly, and to take advantage of NYC being such a great city for walking. (which are all great things to do, anyway).

On the third one sometimes assurances that you are happy and know what you are doing will work? Although some may never believe it?

Seldom will parents admit to the last one, so it can be harder to address, and you would know better than anyone else how much that may or may not be bugging her. But if she's already at peace with you being gay then hopefully this one won't be a huge issue?

I guess what I'm getting at, is that no matter what she says, try to hear what the real concern underneath it is and respond to that, not to the bait of what she actually says.

Hmmm, or better yet, find a copy of The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense by Suzette Haden-Elgin. I think it applies to dealing with well meaning family at least as much as it does with less well intentioned people. You can find a summary of the system on the web, here, but the full book makes more sense out of that summary.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #14
AmandaLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Just some thoughts, because I'm falling asleep at work right now and need to do something to wake myself back up again.

Parents seem to get wrapped up about their grown kids getting fat for a few key reasons, that to exaggerate I'd describe as:

- You'll never get married! (or at least settle down with someone and give me grand kids)
- I don't want you to die before me!
- This must be a sign of something else being wrong (because nobody wants to be fat)
- What will people think of my parenting?!?

On that first one, unless your Mom has been doing heavy research on the lesbian community you might be able to kind of fend her off? And depending on what your plans and hopes are there might be a whole other conversation there?

On the second one you can promise to watch your health, to see a doctor regularly, and to take advantage of NYC being such a great city for walking. (which are all great things to do, anyway).

On the third one sometimes assurances that you are happy and know what you are doing will work? Although some may never believe it?

Seldom will parents admit to the last one, so it can be harder to address, and you would know better than anyone else how much that may or may not be bugging her. But if she's already at peace with you being gay then hopefully this one won't be a huge issue?

I guess what I'm getting at, is that no matter what she says, try to hear what the real concern underneath it is and respond to that, not to the bait of what she actually says.

Hmmm, or better yet, find a copy of The Gentle Art of Verbal Self-Defense by Suzette Haden-Elgin. I think it applies to dealing with well meaning family at least as much as it does with less well intentioned people. You can find a summary of the system on the web, here, but the full book makes more sense out of that summary.
That is so nice of you to take the time! Wow!

I don't think it will be a major issue, just the kind of thing I will eventually have to be prepared for. I feel like mom will be a tough s
ell on this because she has always been heavy and has really tried everything under the sun not to be. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it I suppose.

Thank you again. Tad Taddy McTadderson!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #15
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

Well put Tad. And remember Amanda, it's your life and you have the right to do what makes you happy whatever that may be.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My Mom still gets on me about it.
She is kinda rude to be honest but she has always been that way.
She is from NYC so she get really loud when she talks too so in public if she makes a fat comment everyone will hear it LOL.
I picked her up to go shopping when she got in the car she said Holy cow darling your stomach is up against the steering wheel how are you going to drive with all that fat?
A polite shut up Mom usually works.

Finally fat that is awesome you both enjoy each others fat. Just so cute lol
Nice belly too.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #17
AmandaLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
She is from NYC so she get really loud when she talks too so in public if she makes a fat comment everyone will hear it LOL.
I picked her up to go shopping when she got in the car she said Holy cow darling your stomach is up against the steering wheel how are you going to drive with all that fat?

Nice belly too.
Steering wheel belly *poke*
Old 02-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #18
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hey chubby *poke poke*
Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #19
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysqueezablysoft is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Ok now that y'all have started this I'm just gonna be an annoying little sh!+ and start poking everybody here. *poke* *poke* *poke* *poke* *poke*
Old 02-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #20
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

Quote:

Nice belly too.
another *poke* for the steering wheel belly!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #21
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Nice belly too.
My wife hats my car for this reason. It's a Mustang so it's not the biggest car out there. The seats are a bit small (she's got herself a nice "luxury" sized backside) and she's not tall so she has to have the seat close enough for her feet to reach the pedals and that pushes her belly up against the wheel. I get my ass chewed for buying such a ridiculous car every time a situation arises that requires her to use it.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #22
Tracii

This was that day and Mom had to take a pic and make me save it to remind me how fat I was.
Attached Images
File Type: png Snapshot 1 (6-1-2015 12-08 AM).png (142.8 KB, 802 views)
Old 02-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #23
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

Quote:
This was that day and Mom had to take a pic and make me save it to remind me how fat I was.
Oh, that is a tight squeeze
Old 02-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #24
AmandaLynn

Quote:
Definitely *poke* worthy
Old 02-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #25
Tracii

Quote:
Oh, that is a tight squeeze
Yeah no kidding LOL
I've gained almost 30 since then so I have moved the seat back a few times.