Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 04-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #51
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Kind of reminds me of when I worked in a garage for six years. A lady mechanic started working there.
The most delightful thing about her? The one day I went out and asked her a simple yes or no question....and she gave me the simple answer of yes.
exactly! lol
Old 04-08-2015, 10:12 PM   #52
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
But some of us are experienced enough to be able to weigh in as well. Not postulating on what women think, but relaying to the class what we've experience as successful (or not) is legitimate contribution to the discussion.
I just think some listening to the source is in order. I don't see that here much. but guys can carry on telling women what they like with a large amount of what they like in the bargain to set a tone instead of letting the discussion take it's own natural path lol
Old 04-09-2015, 04:02 AM   #53
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
I just think some listening to the source is in order. I don't see that here much. but guys can carry on telling women what they like with a large amount of what they like in the bargain to set a tone instead of letting the discussion take it's own natural path lol
If you're talking the scope of this thread, I'm not sure I agree. There were some guys that seem to fit this description, but a few others have generated some praise from the female members for their responses. I think it has been pretty balanced on this thread.

Now if you're talking big picture here on Dims, I am in complete agreement with you. There does seem to be a trend of a guy asking a question, hazarding a guess as to his answer, then becoming irritated when the women's answers do not align to his pre-conceived ideas.

As for "listening to the source" I am personally trying to improve in this area. I mentioned in my "dom/sub" thread that my wife and I seem to be going through a slow but noticeable transition as she seems to be transcending into the more dominant partner in our relationship. I welcome this and am searching for ways to embrace and even cultivate this new dynamic in our relationship. Being a better listener is part of it. I don't think I was bad to begin with, but if I'm honest with myself I think she would not give me as good a grade as I give myself. Also, I don't necessarily think being a better listener is a "dom/sub" thing, it is just something that I identified as a change I need to make as our roles seem to be evolving. If this transition fades away but I've become a better listener, I'm still a better husband for it.
happily_married is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #54
superodalisque

Quote:
If you're talking the scope of this thread, I'm not sure I agree. There were some guys that seem to fit this description, but a few others have generated some praise from the female members for their responses. I think it has been pretty balanced on this thread.

Now if you're talking big picture here on Dims, I am in complete agreement with you. There does seem to be a trend of a guy asking a question, hazarding a guess as to his answer, then becoming irritated when the women's answers do not align to his pre-conceived ideas.

As for "listening to the source" I am personally trying to improve in this area. I mentioned in my "dom/sub" thread that my wife and I seem to be going through a slow but noticeable transition as she seems to be transcending into the more dominant partner in our relationship. I welcome this and am searching for ways to embrace and even cultivate this new dynamic in our relationship. Being a better listener is part of it. I don't think I was bad to begin with, but if I'm honest with myself I think she would not give me as good a grade as I give myself. Also, I don't necessarily think being a better listener is a "dom/sub" thing, it is just something that I identified as a change I need to make as our roles seem to be evolving. If this transition fades away but I've become a better listener, I'm still a better husband for it.
the problem is the need to control. the focus on who is in control instead of actually learning something is the real problem. there is a problem when asking what women like devolves into who dominates. it's telling to say the least. learning what pleases women should not have anything to do with a power struggle. if it does it's more about what pleases you than what pleases her.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:00 AM   #55
happily_married

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
the problem is the need to control. the focus on who is in control instead of actually learning something is the real problem. there is a problem when asking what women like devolves into who dominates. it's telling to say the least. learning what pleases women should not have anything to do with a power struggle. if it does it's more about what pleases you than what pleases her.
At best your post is a bit of a non-starter and at worst a deep reach to make an argument that really just has no pre-existing foundation within this thread.

I agree with your statement about the need to control, but that's not what we're talking about on this thread. This discussion started out on the subject of what do BBWs like being called in bed. It's a tough question to answer because it's not like BBWs move and think as one entity, but rather individuals. You can like or dislike the question on its own merit, but you can't make a sound argument that it is about the need to control.

If you think this devolved into "who dominates" you missed my (fairly obvious) point in my last post. It wasn't to discuss who dominates; there are already numerous threads on that subject, one of which I started. If I want to discuss "who dominates" I'll do it on one of those threads. The point of that paragraph was to introduce the idea of being a better listener. The points I made there are actually consistent with some of the points you've made on this thread and others. I think you would have seen that if you weren't too busy missing my point and trying to find a way to disagree with what I said.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #56
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The original poster asked a broad (probably impossibly broad, if read literally) question. Pretty clearly they were looking for information.

Some BBW responded, which is great. Direct reports are obviously the most valuable. But on the other hand, there were not a lot of BBW responses, and they all (inherently) come from women who use this site, pay any attention to this board, are comfortable enough around this topic to talk to it, are willing enough to help out a stranger to share, and who have a clear enough concept of what they like in this area to formulate a response.

Now, guys responding only give second-hand reports. What they think their partner likes/liked may not actually be the case, they are probably more apt to be confused between what made for good sex for them because it turned them on versus turning their partner on, etc. So a big drop in quality, in that regard. On the other hand, they provide a much wider net of responses, as most of their partners won’t be from amongst the small number of women who responded on the topic and some have had relationships with multiple BBW so that one guy brings multiple data points plus possibly some ability to compare and contrast.

I would trust to the reader to recognize the difference between first hand and second hand reports. Given which, I don’t see a problem with guys responding, as they provide a broader range of responses than would otherwise be given. If you don’t trust the responses from guys on this topic, don’t pay them much attention.

All just IMO as a reader. (FWIW, once touch is involved my ability to use language declines by a couple of orders of magnitude, so I don’t do much calling of any sort in bed, nor am I likely to—but I still think it is an interesting topic)
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #57
happily_married

^ Good post, Tad. I haven't seen you miss yet!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #58
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
The original poster asked a broad (probably impossibly broad, if read literally) question. Pretty clearly they were looking for information.

Some BBW responded, which is great. Direct reports are obviously the most valuable. But on the other hand, there were not a lot of BBW responses, and they all (inherently) come from women who use this site, pay any attention to this board, are comfortable enough around this topic to talk to it, are willing enough to help out a stranger to share, and who have a clear enough concept of what they like in this area to formulate a response.

Now, guys responding only give second-hand reports. What they think their partner likes/liked may not actually be the case, they are probably more apt to be confused between what made for good sex for them because it turned them on versus turning their partner on, etc. So a big drop in quality, in that regard. On the other hand, they provide a much wider net of responses, as most of their partners wonít be from amongst the small number of women who responded on the topic and some have had relationships with multiple BBW so that one guy brings multiple data points plus possibly some ability to compare and contrast.

I would trust to the reader to recognize the difference between first hand and second hand reports. Given which, I donít see a problem with guys responding, as they provide a broader range of responses than would otherwise be given. If you donít trust the responses from guys on this topic, donít pay them much attention.

All just IMO as a reader. (FWIW, once touch is involved my ability to use language declines by a couple of orders of magnitude, so I donít do much calling of any sort in bed, nor am I likely toóbut I still think it is an interesting topic)
it's fine to have an opinion but people need to be careful not to use so much steering language
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 AM   #59
happily_married

Quote:
it's fine to have an opinion but people need to be careful not to use so much steering language
Nobody is using "steering language." We are voicing opinions, many of which are pretty consistent with some of the point you have made yourself. What it seems like is you are looking for a reason to dislike some members' contributions to the conversation based on gender. I think you can be very insightful and make some profoundly valuable contributions to many of the conversations here, but you are also being very childish and petty on this one.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #60
superodalisque

Quote:
Nobody is using "steering language." We are voicing opinions, many of which are pretty consistent with some of the point you have made yourself. What it seems like is you are looking for a reason to dislike some members' contributions to the conversation based on gender. I think you can be very insightful and make some profoundly valuable contributions to many of the conversations here, but you are also being very childish and petty on this one.
I was trained in steering language. I know what it is when I see it. ty

people need to be honest with themselves about why they have certain beliefs. sometimes it has nothing to do with facts or evidence but wants, as you yourself pointed out earlier.

sorry i'm not dumb enough to be gaslighted on what I see.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:48 PM   #61
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post

Now, guys responding only give second-hand reports. What they think their partner likes/liked may not actually be the case, they are probably more apt to be confused between what made for good sex for them because it turned them on versus turning their partner on, etc. So a big drop in quality, in that regard. On the other hand, they provide a much wider net of responses, as most of their partners won’t be from amongst the small number of women who responded on the topic and some have had relationships with multiple BBW so that one guy brings multiple data points plus possibly some ability to compare and contrast.

I would trust to the reader to recognize the difference between first hand and second hand reports. Given which, I don’t see a problem with guys responding, as they provide a broader range of responses than would otherwise be given. If you don’t trust the responses from guys on this topic, don’t pay them much attention.

All just IMO as a reader. (FWIW, once touch is involved my ability to use language declines by a couple of orders of magnitude, so I don’t do much calling of any sort in bed, nor am I likely to—but I still think it is an interesting topic)
I think it is an interesting topic as well. I trust people to know the differences too, but I also like to comment on things I see. when you're quiet about something it's like pretending it isn't there. that isn't healthy because it can lead people to believe there is agreement with that mindset. it can also not open their eyes to what their positions actually look like to other people. when women's opinions are trending in certain ways and suddenly they attract disputers with second hand knowledge and reasons for wanting to believe what they do and looking for signs to support that ... it only makes sense to speak to that.

i'd personally be much more impressed with people who ask questions and try to expand on what they learned and draw people out rather than making pronouncements about what other people mean or think about their own feelings.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #62
happily_married

Quote:
I was trained in steering language. I know what it is when I see it. ty
Congrats, but color me unimpressed. I've learned people will often see what they want to see, read what the want to read, hear what they want to hear, conclude what they believed in the first place. It takes some critical thought to not let our conclusions biases to get the best of us, but I guess that's not for everyone here.

Quote:
people need to be honest with themselves about why they have certain beliefs. sometimes it has nothing to do with facts or evidence but wants, as you yourself pointed out earlier.
Absolutely. But you are not making clear your point in bringing this up. If we are in agreement on this point are you simply echoing a point I made, or are you countering a point I made with a point that is, strangely enough, consistent with the point I made? You're not exactly building on previously laid points, you're not exactly countering them...

Are you suggesting I am not being honest with myself about certain beliefs?

Quote:
sorry i'm not dumb enough to be gaslighted on what I see.
While I think you offer a lot of valuable insights around here, I think you undermine yourself with your constant tone of moral superiority. You may not be "gaslighted" but you also don't know an olive branch when you see one.

So be it, it's no skin off my nose. Best wishes to you either way.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM   #63
superodalisque

Quote:
Congrats, but color me unimpressed. I've learned people will often see what they want to see, read what the want to read, hear what they want to hear, conclude what they believed in the first place. It takes some critical thought to not let our conclusions biases to get the best of us, but I guess that's not for everyone here.

Absolutely. But you are not making clear your point in bringing this up. If we are in agreement on this point are you simply echoing a point I made, or are you countering a point I made with a point that is, strangely enough, consistent with the point I made? You're not exactly building on previously laid points, you're not exactly countering them...

Are you suggesting I am not being honest with myself about certain beliefs?

While I think you offer a lot of valuable insights around here, I think you undermine yourself with your constant tone of moral superiority. You may not be "gaslighted" but you also don't know an olive branch when you see one.

So be it, it's no skin off my nose. Best wishes to you either way.
try listening
Old 04-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #64
happily_married

Quote:
I think it is an interesting topic as well. I trust people to know the differences too, but I also like to comment on things I see. when you're quiet about something it's like pretending it isn't there. that isn't healthy because it can lead people to believe there is agreement with that mindset. it can also not open their eyes to what their positions actually look like to other people. when women's opinions are trending in certain ways and suddenly they attract disputers with second hand knowledge and reasons for wanting to believe what they do and looking for signs to support that ... it only makes sense to speak to that.

i'd personally be much more impressed with people who ask questions and try to expand on what they learned and draw people out rather than making pronouncements about what other people mean or think about their own feelings.
I'm raising the BS flag on the bolded. The "disputers" with "second hand knowledge" were actually pretty consistent with many of the opinions voiced by the women who posted on this thread. I challenge you to prove otherwise, using direct quotes from the thread.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #65
happily_married

Quote:
try listening

When I spoke about listening you missed my point entirely and went on a tangent about dom/sub relationships. Are you unwilling or unable to stay on topic? Which is it?
Old 04-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #66
superodalisque

Quote:

When I spoke about listening you missed my point entirely and went on a tangent about dom/sub relationships. Are you unwilling or unable to stay on topic? Which is it?

it's one thing too talk about listening and totally another to actually do it. there is a difference.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #67
happily_married

Quote:
it's one thing too talk about listening and totally another to actually do it. there is a difference.
Fair enough. You have yet to demonstrate that I'm guilty of this. In your mind maybe I've done one and not the other, but I'd be interested in what an objective mind has to say about it as well.

Meanwhile I'll attempt to bring this back on topic. The question was "what do BBWs like being called in bed" or something of that nature. A woman who replies firsthand with we answer or me relaying what my wife likes and doesn't like are literally no different for the use of this thread: both answer the question. Perspective is the only thing that distinguishes one from the other, but both give information regarding what BBWs like to be called in bed. It is not "steering" for a man to give an answer, nor is it a failure to listen. (Especially since in this specific case listening to other bbws' answers is useless to me: in bed what other bbws like to be called is irrelevant. The only thing that matters to me is what MY bbw likes to be called.)

The best part is, and I've pointed this out already, that the male perspective represented here has for the most part reinforced that of the women who answered the question. If you had read and actually comprehended (which is technically a form is listening, something you're accusing me of not doing) you would be able to see this.

It's kind of ironic, really...
Old 04-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #68
superodalisque

Quote:
Fair enough. You have yet to demonstrate that I'm guilty of this. In your mind maybe I've done one and not the other, but I'd be interested in what an objective mind has to say about it as well.

Meanwhile I'll attempt to bring this back on topic. The question was "what do BBWs like being called in bed" or something of that nature. A woman who replies firsthand with we answer or me relaying what my wife likes and doesn't like are literally no different for the use of this thread: both answer the question. Perspective is the only thing that distinguishes one from the other, but both give information regarding what BBWs like to be called in bed. It is not "steering" for a man to give an answer, nor is it a failure to listen. (Especially since in this specific case listening to other bbws' answers is useless to me: in bed what other bbws like to be called is irrelevant. The only thing that matters to me is what MY bbw likes to be called.)

The best part is, and I've pointed this out already, that the male perspective represented here has for the most part reinforced that of the women who answered the question. If you had read and actually comprehended (which is technically a form is listening, something you're accusing me of not doing) you would be able to see this.

It's kind of ironic, really...

sometimes it's really not about you
Old 04-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #69
happily_married

Quote:
sometimes it's really not about you
I challenge you to, using quotes from me on this thread, demonstrate that I feel it is about me. This is the second such direct challenge I've made to you, the first being in post #64 of this thread. I couldn't help but notice you've elected not to take me up on that challenge and suspect a similar response to this one.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #70
superodalisque

Quote:
I challenge you to, using quotes from me on this thread, demonstrate that I feel it is about me. This is the second such direct challenge I've made to you, the first being in post #64 of this thread. I couldn't help but notice you've elected not to take me up on that challenge and suspect a similar response to this one.
you:
" You have yet to demonstrate that I'm guilty of this. In your mind maybe I've done one and not the other"

pay attention. it isn't about you. what don't you understand about that? I think you are being oddly paranoid. if you know you aren't doing something then just relax.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #71
happily_married

Quote:
you:
" You have yet to demonstrate that I'm guilty of this. In your mind maybe I've done one and not the other"

pay attention. it isn't about you. what don't you understand about that? I think you are being oddly paranoid. if you know you aren't doing something then just relax.
Okay, if it is not about "me" then you have filled this conversation with non-starters. I think any reasonable observer who reads this conversation would have reason to believe you were addressing me specifically. Whatever it is you are TRYING to communicate, it is not necessarily what you are ACTUALLY communicating. Regardless, as I have said a few times, we have agreed on more than we haven't. I hope you'll join me in seeking out that which makes you and I alike instead of continuing to focus on perceived differences.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #72
superodalisque

Quote:
Okay, if it is not about "me" then you have filled this conversation with non-starters. I think any reasonable observer who reads this conversation would have reason to believe you were addressing me specifically. Whatever it is you are TRYING to communicate, it is not necessarily what you are ACTUALLY communicating. Regardless, as I have said a few times, we have agreed on more than we haven't. I hope you'll join me in seeking out that which makes you and I alike instead of continuing to focus on perceived differences.
last time I looked you weren't the ONLY one commenting.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:53 AM   #73
happily_married

Quote:
last time I looked you weren't the ONLY one commenting.
Uh...don't look now but it's been just you and me for the last 5 days now. It's reasonable to believe you were talking to me. Or maybe you've been talking to yourself this whole time.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #74
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Back to topic.... Doublejm1-- it depends on the woman. Some women are ok with their men calling them fat, whore, bitch, piggy, etc. It all depends on how comfortable she is with it. Oddly enough, some women get into it with one boyfriend, and then with another boyfriend it is completely off limits. (This is due to how the man is using it. Some men are good about doing it for pleasure and would never use it outside of that, others have no boundaries and will use it to demean the woman in public.)

Then you have women who don't like it at all. Or sometimes (and I am not being mean here) sometimes you rather the guy not talk at all because it ruins the mood. (seriously, not being mean)

it is just a matter of knowing who your partners is and what they enjoy.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #75
BBWanastasia

BBWanastasia has said some nice things

Every girl is different so make sure you get her opinion but I personally love piggy talk!
BBWanastasia is offline   Reply With Quote