Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 03-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default The Hypies are Coming! The Hypies are Coming!

Despite declining ratings -- and because the Moderator can't math -- the Fifth Annual Hyde Park Awards will be posted on (wait for it) April Fool's Day.

Watch This Space!
Old 03-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Beautiful Dreamer View Post
Despite declining ratings -- and because the Moderator can't math -- the Fifth Annual Hyde Park Awards will be posted on (wait for it) April Fool's Day.

Watch This Space!
Math hard? Gives you headaches?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:48 AM   #3
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!Big Beautiful Dreamer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Let's just say that I am no longer allowed access to the checkbook for the purposes of addition and subtraction. We won't dwell on the three attempts it took me to get through Algebra I.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Let's just say that I am no longer allowed access to the checkbook for the purposes of addition and subtraction. We won't dwell on the three attempts it took me to get through Algebra I.
Oh ouch! That's bad.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Seriously.

I do have my excuses, but 30 years on, I'm not sure how much of a fuck I actually give.

And I really haven't used algebraic thinking much, although I do appreciate the attempts to teach me different methods of thinking, multiple approaches to problems, and analytic thinking.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
Rojodi

Quote:
Seriously.

I do have my excuses, but 30 years on, I'm not sure how much of a fuck I actually give.

And I really haven't used algebraic thinking much, although I do appreciate the attempts to teach me different methods of thinking, multiple approaches to problems, and analytic thinking.
You use algebra to determine the amount of tip to leave, unless you use the amount some restaurants have on the check.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:14 AM   #7
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Algebra is muslin math -- just look at the name: Al Gebra!
That's a fact!
Real Merkins use common sense math, not elitist higher math.
Elitists just think it's better because it's "higher". You know, like they want taxes and stuff to be.

Me? It took me two tries to get through Intro to Statistics, and I'd still have to go back and look up which distribution to use on a given problem. Come to think of it, I probably should do just that -- it was pretty interesting once I got the hang of it, I just haven't had much direct use for it since then.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
Rojodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Algebra is muslin math -- just look at the name: Al Gebra!
That's a fact!
Real Merkins use common sense math, not elitist higher math.
Elitists just think it's better because it's "higher". You know, like they want taxes and stuff to be.

Me? It took me two tries to get through Intro to Statistics, and I'd still have to go back and look up which distribution to use on a given problem. Come to think of it, I probably should do just that -- it was pretty interesting once I got the hang of it, I just haven't had much direct use for it since then.
I over-educated myself in college with Math:

PreCalculus I and II
Calculus I, II, and II
Differential Equations

Statistics (for Mathematics)
Finite Mathematics

Numerical Methods (computer course that taught us to write programs for Calculus, Physics, and Engineering)

Algebra is simple
Old 03-22-2015, 03:46 AM   #9
Big Beautiful Dreamer
ridiculously contented

Oh, sure, for you.

Tip computation is calculation of a percentage. I learned that along with fractions in 6th grade.

Anyone who took those courses, voluntarily, could do algebra in his or her sleep. I busted my butt trying to pass algebra.

My own daughter is mathematically intuitive. She's in 10th grade and some of her math homework is pre-trig.