Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #76
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
MsBrightside’s story reminds me of one of my all-time derpiest moments. I graduated university in the middle of a severe recession and it was hard to land even an interview. In months of job hunting I got only my third interview – in Montreal, most of two hours away from Ottawa (where I was – resentfully -- living back at home). I had to borrow my Mom’s car to drive there. Interview with HR went well, then I had to drive a convoluted route to another building where I interviewed with the group I’d be working with, and that also seemed to go well.

When I went to leave, I discovered that I’d locked my keys in the car. We were in the middle of massive industrial park with neither a garage or a pay phone to be seen, and I didn’t even have a map. I ended up having to go back inside, explain the situation, and ask to borrow a phone book and their phone, and request info about what garages in the phone book might be remotely close to where we were. One of the guys there volunteered instead to call CAA (like AAA, but Canadian) on my behalf, pretending it was his card. We did that, and I eventually got underway.

I did get the job, but I never asked if my keys misadventure had influenced them one way or another.
Oh, Tad, that does sound mortifying! At least I never had to face my cab driver again.

I love that you got the job, though.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:09 AM   #77
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh Tad, and ms b / i feel you!

I had a similar experience. I went for my interview, things went well. Got a call an hour later where a sexy voice asked me if this is how i got second dates.

I was like...wha? (Mentally about to hang up on the perv)

It was my interviewer and soon to be boss. I had left my purse in his office, and he joked for a year thats how i got all my second dates and interviews!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #78
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At the farm on Saturday I was cleaning out this huge guinea pig pen with a young girl and just when we had finished I turned around and knocked the trough of food off the side and all over the floor. We both just looked at it for several minutes before I cleaned it up!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:32 AM   #79
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Too bad i cant give you clumsy girl rep!

---

Im in the higher end of my weight comfort zone, so i pushed myself over the weekend to work out a bit more. While i was working out i felt fantastic - but i guess my muscles disliked how fast and hard i pushed them. This morning i tried to sit down on a chair and my thighs just gave out...i am hobbling like an old woman too.

My muscle memory still thinks i am more in shape than i am. Been active enough I should have known!! Doh I hurt...
Old 09-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #80
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

On Sunday W and I went for a bike ride that was reasonably long by our standards (probably around 30km?). Last Summer we’d done quite a few longish rides, but hadn’t quite gotten back into that rhythm this year. We were exploring some trail we hadn’t ridden on before, so at one point near the far end of our loop we had to stop and pull out the map, which of course had worked its way under everything else in my wife’s bike bags. We confirmed that we had just gone past our turn-off, so quickly turned around, cut across a park to cut a corner, and carried on our way, soon having a nice stretch along a dirt trail through a forest (which was very welcome because it was getting pretty warm by then, and it was noticeably cooler in amongst the trees.

Eventually, half way home, we made a planned stop at a coffee shop for cold drinks and snacks (and to fill up water bottles). But when my wife goes to lock up her bike, the ‘U’ part of her lock, and the long cable she had wrapped around it, are gone.

That is when I realized that while looking for the map I’d pulled those out and put them on top of her rack, but never remembered to put them back into her pannier. They must have fallen off while we were going over the grass or along the dirt trail, landing in something soft enough that we didn’t hear them fall. We considered looping back to look for them, but by this point we were getting pretty tired and butt-sore, so we accepted the loss and agreed we’d buy her a new lock.

So a double-derp of sorts: the big one was not putting her lock away, the lesser one for slacking off on our riding and then suddenly going for a longer ride. If we’d been in better shape we might have been up for re-tracing our route to look for the lock.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:15 AM   #81
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
MsBrightside’s story reminds me of one of my all-time derpiest moments....[Snip]
I would have kinda-died. Really felt your pain while reading that :P I once locked myself out of my apartment on a brutal English midwinter's morning and had to spend the rest of that day in cafés and on trains 'til I could get back inside. But it's not the same.

Quote:
[Snip]One of the guys there volunteered instead to call CAA (like AAA, but Canadian)...[Snip]
This was my favourite part, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
At the farm on Saturday I was cleaning out this huge guinea pig pen with a young girl and just when we had finished I turned around and knocked the trough of food off the side and all over the floor. We both just looked at it for several minutes before I cleaned it up!
Couldn't clumsy-girl rep you either. But that would've been me, no question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Im in the higher end of my weight comfort zone, so i pushed myself over the weekend to work out a bit more. While i was working out i felt fantastic - but i guess my muscles disliked how fast and hard i pushed them. This morning i tried to sit down on a chair and my thighs just gave out...i am hobbling like an old woman too.

My muscle memory still thinks i am more in shape than i am. Been active enough I should have known!! Doh I hurt...
This IS me right now too >.<

(ETA: Gosh darnit, Tad, y u type so fast?! :P )
Old 09-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #82
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Too bad i cant give you clumsy girl rep!

---

Ooooh, I've been there and done that! I wish I had helpful advice other than 'find a comfortable position and slump there for hours' but I've never been able to work out how to help strained muscles!

In a related derp moment, every monday I pull the muscles in the back of my thighs because my knees hyper extend and I lean over forwards to clean out the guinea pig cage. Yep, I know what causes it. Yep, I still automatically keep doing it!

Quote:
On Sunday W and I went for a bike ride that was reasonably long by our standards (probably around 30km?). --snip
Aww, that is both funny and sweet though! What are the chances of it dropping off and neither of you hearing it, eh? Ah well, these things happen!

Also, 30km?! That is a huge amount!
Old 09-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #83
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Also, 30km?! That is a huge amount!
There are packs of people who do 50 or 100km rides every weekend--no doubt at far higher speeds than us. We are not that sort of cyclist (nor are we apt to be confused with them, being twice the size, lacking the spandex bike clothes, and riding the mutts of the bike world. For that matter, while buying a new lock on Sunday my wife saw a bubble blower you can attach to your seat post and gleefully bought it. She was giggling the whole way on a short ride on Sunday as she trailed bubbles behind herself while riding). Anyway, the 30 was plenty enough to leave us pretty tired and happy not to ride far on Monday. Last Summer we did 30 quite a bit more often, and a few rides totaling 40 (to be clear, when I say these numbers, they are usually broken into two or three legs, with us stopping off at a coffee shop, maybe doing some shopping, or whatever)
Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #84
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I woke up and i could see.

Oops.

As glasses/cotact wearers can attest to, clear vision on opening your eyes is disconcerting! Slept with my contacts in...now my eyes are all scratchy!!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #85
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
I woke up and i could see.

Oops.

As glasses/cotact wearers can attest to, clear vision on opening your eyes is disconcerting! Slept with my contacts in...now my eyes are all scratchy!!
I used to hate that--my contacts were usually welded to my eyes, would move around like they should, and were close to impossible to pull off. I'd as likely as not end up with bruised eyeballs. I hope you do better than I used to! (in my later twenties my eyes changed, and got too dry to wear contacts for long, so now I'll only wear them for things like swimming or downhill skiing, so haven't had the wake up with them on problem in a looonnnng time. Miss being able to wear them more, though.)
Old 09-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #86
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I KNOW mint chocolate bars are a massive agony trigger but i was stupid enough to buy one. Ate about 4 pieces before my stomach just started to quiver. Now im trying to stay as still as possible hoping the pain doesnt ratchet upwards....frickin big doh!!!!!
Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 AM   #87
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

my moment which also made me lol.. today after a very long day at work I was trying to explain something to my supervisior. In my mind i was explaining the situation fully but he kept looking at me like I was crazy. When I finished he says to me.. I have no idea what you just said. I'm like.. then he laughs and says,, do you not realized you just spoke for 5 minutes in spanish?...... Did I mention that he does not speak spanish? lol.. we both laughed for about 10 minutes.

Aside from 1 temp, no one else speaks spanish in my office...lol
Old 09-14-2015, 03:48 AM   #88
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

15 minutes this morning looking for keys I had randomly placed in a kitchen drawer. Why brain?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 04:18 AM   #89
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Not mine, but my hubby's.

I made him pizza pockets a few days ago.
This morning i had to climb up to get more TP in the bathroom and, uh, one was sitting there on the toilet paper shelf.
Its totally uncharacteristic for him to a) carry food without a plate, b) bring food into the bathroom and c) not eat food

Someone is going to get razzed soooo hard this morning (because i get razzed!!)
Old 09-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #90
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Not mine, but my hubby's.

I made him pizza pockets a few days ago.
This morning i had to climb up to get more TP in the bathroom and, uh, one was sitting there on the toilet paper shelf.
Its totally uncharacteristic for him to a) carry food without a plate, b) bring food into the bathroom and c) not eat food

Someone is going to get razzed soooo hard this morning (because i get razzed!!)
Hahaha! This so sounds like something I would do! Sudden surprise food!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #91
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Gas pump had the little hook to keep the handle pressed without me holding it, I used it and then forgot to release before pulling the nozzle out. Gas sprayed everywhere, on me all over.Yup...
Old 10-15-2015, 01:13 PM   #92
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

oopsie.... Face too?
Old 10-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #93
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Nah no facial.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #94
Tad
mostly harmless

I'm think that is the moment when you ask yourself "How bad has the static electricity been today?" before moving ....

ETA: to be clear, I AM glad that there were no sudden sparks to make the experience all the more interesting.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:49 PM   #95
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Nah no facial.
lol.. my mind went to other places when I read this comment.

=================

So for my moment.. i was checking the parking ticket payment system incase my niece owed tickets on her old car. so.. her old plate ended in 6585.. for some reason.. maybe being tired or my slight case of inverting numbers.. or I don't know what.. i entered 6568...I almost had a heart attack.under 6568 there is outstanding balance of $830 dollars... I was about to die... in NYC if you have 2 cars registered.. when they go to tow a car, they will take any of the cars listed to the owner regardless if that car got the ticket(s) or not. OMG!.. then I saw I had the wrong numbers and my heart jumped back into my chest. big moment.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #96
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

So tired i went to bathroom and basically micro napped while sitting down...
Old 10-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #97
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
So tired i went to bathroom and basically micro napped while sitting down...
Lol... I have done this on occasion
Old 10-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #98
Tad
mostly harmless

Sorry you are that tired, Xyantha!

I've done this standing up a couple of times, resulting in that panicked moment, after snapping back awake, of making sure that everything went into the urinal as opposed to dribbling onto your pants or something.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #99
Tad
mostly harmless

That feeling when you realize you fell asleep while composing an email, and are trying to figure out just how far back into the mail you stopped making any sense ....

Last night I stayed up late watching election results, and I’d probably been more stressed about the whole thing than I’d wanted to admit because I woke up this morning feeling pretty drained. Then mid-day today I took our car to a wreckers – the car my son has recently been learning to drive in, after having named it when we first bought it when he was two years old. In other words there was a lot of memories associated with that car, it has a name, I personify inanimate objects, it has been a fantastic car for us, and I tend to be sentimental anyway, so … a lot of emotion there. Then I biked back from there to work, pushing against the wind the whole way. Put it all together, and now I’m just completely wiped. I keep falling asleep in front of the computer here at work, and my thoughts are wandering all over the place.

In other words, come on people, I need entertainment, stimulation, and distraction – and Dimensions is really quiet today
Old 10-22-2015, 12:49 PM   #100
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Looking at a bhm pic here while being in line...people could see it over my shoulder.

Also, vp is from the states. She hugged me today. Hugging a boss is just weird in Canada
Edit: the derp moment with that is: did i hug back ok? Too much? Too little? Doh

Tags
coprophilia