Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #176
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
So I went to FL for my vacation. I had a great time. I went to Clearwater beach and had fun. I decided I would tan a bit and used my deep tan spray with an SPF of 3. So I forgot that I was in Florida and not in NYC. When I travel to the Caribbean I always seem to burn faster and FL is as close to that type of weather as you can get here in the states. So of course I spend 3 hours at the beach, in salt water, with this deep tan lotion on.. and I got burned! (See attached picture) It is so bad that the burn appears to go down 2 or 3 layers of skin. Here I am a week later and my body is still releasing heat from the sun I got at the beach in FL!

Who is an idiot?
<-----------------this chick right here.....

(This pic was taken the day after I got burned and had applied aloe to it all night! UGH!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post
That looks painful!! I hope you feel better soon.

Noxzema might help.
When I go to the beach and get burned I always apply Noxzema. I apply the white cream real thick. it cools the burn down and within minutes all the cream is absorbed. I keep applying the Noxzema until the burning stops.

OTC pain relievers also help with sunburn pain

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #177
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
spray with an SPF of 3.
Of 3? So you essentially just buttered yourself?
Old 08-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #178
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Of 3? So you essentially just buttered yourself?
Lol.. something to that effect. In NYC i can get away with it and not really get burned. Not so much in Florida.

My familia was like throw that crap out....lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #179
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sooo

I ran my dogs in agility today. I had no running shoes, so I ran them barefoot.

Last run (in my defense i had taught a lesson, then done two back to back hour long sessions) i somehow knuckled over on my big toe.

I think i might have sprained it.

I have a competition tomorrow.

Good thing it is "gamblers" aka a distance test aka Xy gets to walk and have her dogs run way far away from her...
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:14 AM   #180
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I repurposed an old face moisturizer to contain my coconut oil i use for my face.

'Cept in the intervening days since friday we turned off the A/C*.

So i grabbed the container, unscrewed it and had a tidal wave of liquid oil splat all over the floor. Good thing my dogs volunteered for cleanup crew while i weny to grab cleaning wipes.

*Yes, almost into Oct before hubby allowed me to turn ac off.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:09 AM   #181
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

People actually turn their ac's off? That's really a thing?
Old 09-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #182
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Only when their wife whines its actually colder outside than in the house 5 days in a row.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #183
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
People actually turn their ac's off? That's really a thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Only when their wife whines its actually colder outside than in the house 5 days in a row.
Here we see the difference between living in Canada and in Texas.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #184
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was shopping online for wool socks (yay toasty toes) and was about to buy a pair when I noticed the color listed was chestnut and I actually clicked to change the color because I'm allergic to nuts before I realized how dumb that was.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #185
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I was shopping online for wool socks (yay toasty toes) and was about to buy a pair when I noticed the color listed was chestnut and I actually clicked to change the color because I'm allergic to nuts before I realized how dumb that was.
LOL - it's a particular case of - because botanically, chestnuts aren't even nuts. They're a type of beech tree fruit, and even if you have a nut allergy, it will almost certainly not also apply to chestnuts.

I have a wonderful French duck recipe with a roast chestnut stuffing - so I once looked that up whether I could feed it to my friends with nut allergies.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #186
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
LOL - it's a particular case of - because botanically, chestnuts aren't even nuts. They're a type of beech tree fruit, and even if you have a nut allergy, it will almost certainly not also apply to chestnuts.

I have a wonderful French duck recipe with a roast chestnut stuffing - so I once looked that up whether I could feed it to my friends with nut allergies.
I can cite multiple sources that list chestnuts as tree nuts. Peanuts I'm fine with since they are legumes, but all nuts are considered a kind of tree fruit with at least one seed. Also water chestnuts (used in Asian cuisine) are not nuts.

https://www.foodallergy.org/allergens/tree-nut-allergy

http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org...t-allergy.aspx
Old 10-03-2016, 09:41 AM   #187
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Interesting - so this is one of these inter-country/language/health system medical divides.

Because Anglo-phone allergy counseling (just looked it up in US & UK) insists that chestnuts are nuts and cause allergic reactions.

While all nut allergy counseling in French, German and Italian tells you that chestnuts are fruit and fine to eat even if you are allergic to other nuts.

It always fascinates me to find such examples where you can see how culturally determined medicine as a science is - that health is not an objective fact, but the result of often highly subjective diagnosis.

Okay - a broken bone is something you can clearly see as a fracture on an x-ray. But everything else ....

P.S.: The nut allergic friends liked the duck & didn't complain of any symptoms afterwards, at least not to me. Then again, you probably can eat anything that has been in an oven at 350F for 2 hours without any side effects.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #188
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

I'm not volunteering to eat one to see who is right. Although I do know nut allergies are not always applicable to every nut. Some people can have almonds etc... I'm fine with coconut as well.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #189
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is all an elaborate ploy by Agouderia to get to poison yourself, Dwes.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #190
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This conversation led me to educate myself about the chestnut. Learned that the horse chestnut is neither a chestnut, nor edible -- perhaps that is why kids were allowed to use them to play conkers?

Anyway, the wikipedia page does talk about it being the fruit of the tree, but does not talk about how it interacts with nut allergies. Does talk about how unlike other nuts it is low on proteins and fats and high on carbs, and I think it is usually proteins to which we have allergies, so right there it makes it seem less likely to be a major allergy trigger. (and indeed cooking gets rid of some allergy triggers -- I have issues with the skins of carrots and of everything in the apple family, and I can happily devour all of those things when they are well cooked. But I'm sure that is not a guarantee that cooking will sufficiently disrupt all proteins to the degree that they won't trigger allergies)
Old 10-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #191
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Yes, it is a protein that triggers the allergies. I just read something on a foodie website (chowhound) not an official source but sounded legit. Basically what they said was pine nuts and chestnuts can trigger nut allergies but almost never do. I avoid both of them although I used to eat pesto indiscriminately (made with pine nuts commonly) and never reacted but my take now is better safe than sorry. I wont even drink gin distilled with almonds and the proteins that cause the reaction almost certainly would not make it through distillation. Although yet again, before I knew gin was often made with almonds I drank plenty of beefeater which definitely has almonds as one of the botanicals. I will eat stuff that has the "may have come in contact" warning though. I have not had a nut reaction in over 15 years because I do my research and play it safe. For all I know I may have outgrown my nut allergy at this point. That happens. Along with all of my clothes I've outgrown

I have had reactions to well cooked nuts products before.

Also noteworthy hanging out with Xy and Mel did not trigger my nut allergy, I was really surprised.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #192
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Brilliant!!! Love that Dwes..

Also, frack you
Old 10-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #193
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

The shirt I'm wearing today is a "slim fit" 4XLT.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #194
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
The shirt I'm wearing today is a "slim fit" 4XLT.
Hurrah for life's little ironies!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:00 PM   #195
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I may have turned a delicious pizza into something more akin to a clay pigeon.... it really gave a good, hearty thud when I bashed it against the kitchen counter
Old 10-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #196
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Got a package slip saying they tried to deliver something.

Took it off the door to call about picking it up the next day.

Was told if only i had left it on the door with my signature, they would have left it there. (As per instructions in tiney tiny letters on the slip)

Instead, i had to drive 45 min to the depot to pick it up.

Le sigh.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #197
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I’ve been trying to record a video with some odds and ends of thoughts and statuses about Dimensions. First try, last week, I had the camera way to close to my face and nobody needs to be inflicted with eight minutes of that. So I tried again this morning on the way to work, thought everything had gone well (this time just panning the landscape as I walked). But when I played it back I was barely audible and it looks like I somehow stopped and re-started the recording somewhere in the middle with I don't know how much time between stopping and re-starting. Apparently my self-video-ing skills are week.

So will have to make attempt three when I get a chance. What a pain!
Old 10-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #198
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I tried to do one too and realized:

My hubby is right - I don't enunciate. The problem is my tongue is too big, so I don't tend to go as deep on the vowels/ hit the consonant sounds as hard. And if I do, it sounds like I am pissed off.

Also, my arms in the video look hilariously big because they are farther towards the camera than I am.

Too, I find making eye contact with myself freaky, so my eyes flit everywhere to avoid looking at the screen.

Finally...it was 10 minutes of rambling that could have been done in 2 concise minutes. blegh
Old 10-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #199
Tad
mostly harmless

1) Almost everyone hates how they sound when recorded, and hates how they look when video'd. We want to hear/see anyway!

2) I ten naw to enunciay well eiyer. Stewid har consonans! (for what it is worth, I've heard you speak and didn't notice any enunciation issues at all, but then again my ears are attuned to a similar 'accent' and it could be harder for others)

3) Part of why I usually do my videos while walking is so that I have to have my eyes on where I'm going most of the time, so I'm not staring at the screen the whole time.

4) And rambling happens. Why, one time I started to talk and -- wait, I don't need to illustrate. But my actual point is that you rambling probably makes me want to hear it more, rather than less.

#noexcusesaccepted
Old 10-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #200
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
My hubby is right - I don't enunciate. The problem is my tongue is too big, so I don't tend to go as deep on the vowels/ hit the consonant sounds as hard. And if I do, it sounds like I am pissed off.
I can't say I ever found you difficult to understand.

I hate hearing my voice played back... Its missing all the extra bass my ears pick up because blowing noise out my facehole makes my head vibrate...

... so it sounds weird and high pitched...

I understand in the abstract that my voice is a lot like my Dad's and is apparently fairly pleasant to listen to... but, to my ears it always sounds ... just.. whiney.

Tags
coprophilia