Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Weight Fiction General BHM/Mutual Archive

Old 06-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #51
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks guys!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #52
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chapter 14

The ride into town was pleasant. After futzing around with the boat on the open water for a while, Clint brought it to the docks and tied the boat up. His speedboat looked positively tiny compared to some of the sailboats, which towered over them as they walked back to dry land. After compressing himself into the car, they drove leisurely to the town.

Rachel, having grown up a city girl, couldn’t really believe this was the town. There was a small hardware store, a grocery store, a pharmacy, a few clothing stores, and what looked to be cottage life specific stores. No Walmarts were in view. How did they live??

Clint held her hand as they strolled up the small main street. Once again – something she always hated. Made her feel like a wikkle girl holding Daddy’s hand. She paused. Actually, the idea of Clint playing the daddy role was kind hot, in a kinky way. She could totally rock a schoolgirl outfit – maybe he would spank her...

When he tugged her into one of the stores, she bit her lip. There was no way they had clothes for his size here. Last night, overcome by curiosity, she had looked at the labels on his clothing to try and figure out what size he was. Oddly, not a single article of clothing had a name brand or size on it except for his black tightie-whities, which were labelled as XXXL. She knew that her reach was about the same as her height, and that she couldn’t reach all the way around him – that meant that he was well over five feet in circumference. She had to fan herself with her hand at the thought.

Gesturing to the racks of swimming suits, he winked. “No skinny dipping while Bobby is over, thank you very much!”

A quick look at the price tag - $85.99 – almost made her faint. Swallowing, she tried to look relaxed, though a heat was spreading through her cheeks. “Um. None of these will fit me. I usually shop in the kids section.”

He didn’t seem ashamed to be seen with her as she quickly flipped through the two pieces in the kid’s section. At least the prices weren’t quite so bad…

“I like the Dora the Explorer one.”

“I hate you,” she groused, pulling out a baby blue two piece that might fit her. It would be tight along the backside though… “I hate being one size on the top and another on the bottom.”

Clint blinked, tilting his head. “So…get the right size in both.”

“I can’t waste that kind of money.” It had actually surprised her to realize she hadn’t been allowed to spend a single cent – the whole trip had been so luxurious that she had thought she would have been broker than hell. But she had no job now – she couldn’t afford to waste a penny.

“Well, good thing you’re not the one paying for it,” Clint informed her, looking smug.

This of course launched them into a quiet argument. Finally, Rachel sighed and picked up the two outfits in defeat, trudging to the cashier and putting them on the counter with no good grace. “Thanks,” she huffed, pouting.

Clint bent down and kissed the top of her head. “Put the pieces you don’t want in the donation bin,” he said, jerking his chin towards it. “The owner sends everything in that bin to the donation centres. Ready for ice cream?”

“Ice cream?” she drooled at the thought, following him out eagerly, deciding to let his high handedness pass – this once.

They were sitting on the bench outside the shop when Clint raised his arm and waved, careful not to dislodge his rather large and precarious three scoop cone. “You look like a kitten, licking that,” he teased quietly as the other man approached. “Hey Bobby.”

“Hey there!”

Bobby was in his thirties, well muscled and well dressed in a button down shirt and khaki shorts. Dark brown hair, dark eyes. Tanned skin made his teeth flash brightly in his face. He was the sort of sugar daddy that the girls at school had dreamed of catching. And he did diddly squat for her libido. Clint, who had chocolate on his nose as he leaned forward, trying not to let any fall on his round belly, made her heart beat faster. “Hey.”

He quickly paid for a single scoop of vanilla ice cream before seating himself at the other bench, facing them with a cheerful smile and an extended hand. “Pleasure to meet you. Bobby.”

Rachel nodded awkwardly. Shaking hands always felt so formal and grownup. “Rachel.” She answered his questions readily, despite the irritation that his obvious probing gave her. Male BFFs were just as protective as their female counterparts. He grilled her – although in a friendly way – until Clint interrupted.

“Alright,” Clint’s gentle but firm voice finally cut through the conversation. “Let’s head out.”

She couldn’t help but notice that carefree Clint seemed to have been subdued, even though he still seemed happy. Wrapping one arm around him as far as it would go, she fiercely hugged one of his love handles, making him grin. “You ok?” she asked as they lead the way back to his boat.

“Mm.” He answered, winking as he held up the bag from the pharmacy. “Just looking forward to tomorrow.”

“Bobby said he’s just staying for dinner,” Rachel murmured with a naughty extension of her tongue. “Why wait until tomorrow?

*~*~*

Bobby seemed like a great guy, but something in the way he looked at her kept her on edge. He smiled slightly too widely, looked a little too long. Laughed a little too hard, and leaned a touch too close.

He was funny, though. Rachel laughed as he regaled her with yet another story, and curled more closely into Clint as the evening chilled. The two men obviously enjoyed each other’s company – although the larger man seemed content to just listen in, often looking embarrassed. Most of their escapades seemed to involve food and beer.

“There was this one time when we went to the bar on campus and this big guy ate two extra-large pizzas and two pitchers of beer!”

Clint looked embarrassed. “It was a dare.”

The other man waved his hand negligently. “Whatever. So we are trying to haul him back to the dorm – he wasn’t quite as fat then as he is now, but he was still a big freakin’ guy! Damn farm boy. So we put him in a shopping cart and rolled him home!”

The idea of Clint’s bloated body stuffed into a shopping cart, jiggling because of the rocky pavement, made her bite her lip and recross her legs.

“So we finally get him there – but now we can’t get him out of the cart! So - ”

Clint gave her an embarrassed look, cutting the other man off. “Long story short, they Pam’ed me out.”

Bobby laughed heartily, which cut off as Clint finally gave him the stink eye and offered to regale her with some of his escapades.

“Like the time you got so drunk that you walked into the living room and peed in the potted plant in front of the entire party? Oh! Or the time you tried to win at one of the eating contests, and you ended up spewing your guts all over your Dad’s Ferrari?”

Bobby smirked. “Boys will be boys, eh?” He dialed it down after that, though. “It was great meeting you,” the man added later that night as all three of them sat in the boat as they headed back to town. “You seem like a great girl.”

Rachel smiled awkwardly, leaning back slightly. “Thanks?”

He leaned closer, face serious. “You don’t…mind his weight? Sorry if I made him out to be a pig in the stories I told. He isn’t always like that.” But his tone seemed to declare that he was.

Her ears roared a little, and she tried to calm her suddenly thumping heart. “I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” She had never really seen Clint pig out – he occasionally had a big meal, but mostly he just snacked lightly and sensibly throughout the day.

“I’m sorry,” he said, although he didn’t particularly sound it.

“It’s ok. His weight doesn’t bother me.” At all.

“Good. Good. Just wanted to make sure.”

Rachel could tell Clint could hear by the way he turned his head, his ear facing towards them. “In fact, I think he’s a great looking guy. He’s super sexy,” she added firmly. So not into you, bud. Not if you were the last man on Earth.

Bobby looked a little nonplussed, but then gave an easy smile. “Great. That’s great.”

Don’t you go and pretend to be awkward – you are the one who brought it up in the first place, Rachel told him silently. The rest of the trip was more generic, and they waved him off. About halfway back, Clint moved them into the open water, cutting the engine and turning to face her. Rachel met his gaze with a saucy grin that faded at his look.

The boat rocked under them as Clint gave her a long look. “Are you really ok with my weight?” he demanded after a long silence.

“No, I absolutely hate it,” Rachel said sarcastically, tugging at her lifejacket as she bit into her apple. “That’s why I touch you every chance I get.”

“Why do you like it?”

Rachel coughed. “I ’unno,” she said around her mouthful, shrugging.

Clint stared at her again.

“You’re kinda freakin’ me out here. What’s wrong?”

He sighed, shoulders slumping. “Every girl I was ever interested in liked Bobby more.”

Skeeze bag. “Not me!” Rachel said with forced cheerfulness, biting into her apple again to stop the urge to babble about exactly how hot he was.

“Yeah – I could tell. You were all over me.”

Rachel stuck her tongue out. “Duh! Of course I’m into you.”

Clint started the engine again, and was silent until they pulled into the dock at the cottage. “He’s richer than me.” He followed her up the steps as she glanced over her shoulder archly. “Thinner. Better looking. Better educated. Has a better job. Funnier.”

Rachel cast another glance over her shoulder. “And about as boring as a slice of wonder bread.”

He paused, looking after her. His brows were contracted, his eyes shadowed in the darkness cast by the lamps. “You really didn’t like him?”

“Oh, he seemed like a nice enough guy – pretty typical, if anything. But didn’t do anything for me below the belt,” she responded breezily, arriving at the deck. The sound of his heavy breathing was catching her attention, and she turned to watch him mount the final steps. He kind of torqued his body side to side as each thigh rose, causing his belly to sway out of the way. “You, on the other hand,” she purred, fingers curling. “You still got those condoms?”

The vaguely friendly feelings she had still had towards Bobby vanished at the look on Clint's face. She had seen enough guys swoop in on other guy's love interests. Usually it was some macho dominance play. Bobby hadn't really been interested, and hadn't pressed her. Was that because he was just testing her for his friend, or was he willing to take any low hanging fruit?

Clint grabbed the railing, breathing deeply. “Yeah...You sure about this?”

Her shirt caught him in the face.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 PM   #53
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Aww yiss! best study break material I could ask for!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:29 AM   #54
searcher

searcher has said some nice things

I like your descriptions of Clint.
But the whole story is great and I can't wait to read more.
searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #55
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 15

Foreplay with a fat guy was the difference between night and day.

Her other partners had to work hard for their meal – when they bothered to make sure that she enjoyed it at all. Clint’s mere presence had her slick and squirming, and his actions had her pressing her knees together and biting her lips until they ached.

He had walked into the kitchen and nervously torn into one of the containers of potato salad, quickly eating the entire contents while she went to the bathroom. His guilty look and the taste of it on his lips had driven her into a lather, and he had responded with nervous excitement to her demanding kisses. Who knew that cute guilt was so sexy? After a few moments of her enthusiastic attention, he again calmed down enough to start taking the lead, driving her crazy with his flickering tongue and slowly encroaching hands.

Clint hadn’t had to sit there for ages making out until her tongue was numb, or stroke and pet and touch while she tried to blank her mind and think of something, anything, that would turn her on enough to prevent chafing. After following her down the hall, he had teasingly pushed her out of the way with his heavy gut, momentarily pinning her to the door frame with a chuckle as he moved inside.

“Hey, you said you liked it,” he joked as he walked backwards, and he winked as he sat heavily on the bed. Immediately, everything widened to accommodate his weight – thighs spread, tits sagged, and belly pushed out. Her mind had nearly blanked before she scrambled onto the bed, trying to kick her panties off, which suddenly seemed like a highly complex thing that wouldn’t get off her.

All her mind seemed to revolve around his body. That round backside that had pushed the tail of his suit jacket at work now bulged into space as he reached over to turn the lamp on. Under its shelf, his massive, dimpled thighs jiggled slightly, the large muscle at the front visibly flexing as he turned. His calves were thick and muscular as well, she noted absently. Not to mention his soft but strong arms, which grew softer as they approached his underarms. And his flabby chest – which should have been a total turnoff – kept drawing her down to kiss it, nuzzling against the coarse hair there. And his stomach. Oh.

It was to his body what bacon was to breakfast. Meaning, the best part. But she was too excited to spend too much time touching and exploring – something deep inside her needed a thorough petting, and she was more focused on encouraging him to full salute than taking her own immediate sensory pleasure.

“There’s more to it, somewhere down there” Clint murmured, blushing as he pushed down the fat around his dick as he pulled the condom down.

Why did men always obsess about their dick size? Rachel wondered, eagerly kneading the mounds of fat on his upper thighs as he adjusted the condom. She was small and tight – she couldn’t even fit two fingers inside without feeling strained. Nothing felt worse than the burning and ripping sensation of a large one. Unless you counted the repeated stabbing of your internal organs by a long one. “Hurry up,” she hissed, arching her back and shivering. She had never been this ready before, and her teeth squeaked as she gritted them.

“Patience, dear,” he responded in his deep voice, carefully pulling it on and exhaling. “I’m afraid of hurting you,” he confessed after a moment, looking almost like he was having second thoughts.

She smacked his thigh with her open palm, making him yelp. “If you don’t get inside me soon I am going to explode,” she informed him, jittery with the want that had built up over the past few days. Flipping an eager leg over his hips, she centered him below her, easing down with a hiss at the delicious and almost painful pleasure of fullness. Her path was curved, and his shape snugged into it perfectly. The long ones totally missed her g-spot and just felt like they were poking her in the uterus. He was nice and medium-ish, and could feel the underside of his flaring head tease at it as he shifted positions. The only problem was, her usual position on top wasn’t working out as well as usual. It felt amazing – she was seated deeply on his shaft, and he wasn’t hurting her…

“You’re so tight,” Clint whispered, brow contracted as he swallowed. His round face was sheened with a light sweat, and he caressed her thighs and hips with an awed expression that rather went to her head.

...The challenge was that she couldn’t reach the bed with her knees. In fact, they didn’t even touch the mattress. Which meant she couldn’t get enough traction and momentum to get going. After experimenting in several positions, Rachel finally got an angle working, but her thighs were already burning from the mini squats she was doing. She basically had to crouch, tilting her pelvis as she balanced. Damn, she was out of practice, but it felt so great.

“I can try being on top,” he offered as he saw the growing strain on her face. “I’m just afraid to hurt you.”

Yessss. “It will be fine,” Rachel responded, carefully moving off before laying on her back beside him. Nothing could ruin the mood faster than accidentally bending him in half. She had learned that one the hard way…

His round face was full of dread as he hefted himself up on his hands and knees, heavy belly swaying, his navel lengthening into a slit as his belly lolled for a moment. “Rachel…”

Rachel had to admit – laying on her back, watching his flesh shimmy as he edged closer on his knees, was the best lap dance she had ever had, and she felt another rush of arousal as she spread her legs to give him closer access. “What?”

“I’m really afraid I’m going to hurt you. I’m about three times your size.”

Yeah, right. “I’m not at little as I look – I’m like a hundred pounds.” Maybe a few less, now.

“And I’m over three hundred.”

Her eyes jerked up to meet his. Oh. The idea of him being that large made her brain blank out.

Clint gave another closed lip smile, seemingly sad yet justified. “See?” He huffed as she quickly sat up and jerked him closer.

Oh, she saw, alright. She settled his stomach on hers, shivering in delight at the warm, sweaty softness. She wrapped her legs around his hips as far as they would go as she sunk onto him, digging her heels into his plump flanks for better grip. “Yeah. I see. Get on with it!” she purred, sliding her tongue along her teeth as she looked up at him.

It didn’t seem that much easier for him, but it felt too good for her to feel overly bad about the obvious effort he was expending, and was soon writhing ecstatically, entire body alternately clenching and relaxing. After only a few strokes he began breathing heavily, arms trembling, and his chest slowly sunk down until his torso was almost covering her.

Flipping her face to the side, she gasped shallow breaths, literally unable to fully expand her chest under his weight – which he was still trying to keep off her. Under her ankles she could feel his bulbous ass tense and jiggle with each short thrust, accompanied by a pant from him and an imperceptible exhaling shudder from her. Rachel buried her face in his shoulder her orgasm approached – it was too soon, it was probably just a wave.

But the wave just got higher as the friction increased and his thrusts grew more shallow, shorter, and harder. If he stopped now she would punch him in the dick, she vowed, eyes widening and mouth dropping open at the strength of her reaction. All along her insides burned and flexed, and her entire body clenched under his as her breath hissed from between her teeth. Either from the strength of the orgasm, or the lack of air, black spots danced in front of her vision as she slumped.

“I’m so sorry,” Clint panted, a wheeze in his voice. “I’m just so god damn fat and out of shape.”

Oh gawd. That was it, that was the ticket! His words made her tighten around him again in as firm of a grip as she could, and she braced her body against the bed to give him even better leverage.

He noticed, a manly growl of satisfaction humming from his throat, and he buried his face in the pillow beside hers. Reaching under her, he cupped her ass with both hands, allowing all his weight to lean into her.

She couldn’t breathe. And if she died like this, she would be a happy woman. Her neck muscles strained as she clenched her hands and legs around him as he pistoned into her, abruptly coming to a shuddering halt before giving another two slower pumps.

Quickly pulling out, he checked the condom with one hand as he collapsed to one side of her. The bed bounced a little in response. “I’m so sorry,” he wheezed. “I haven’t done that in a while.”

She couldn’t move. She didn’t want to move. Her second orgasm was just leaving her, and her insides groped for him in mute aftershock. Contentedness floated through her, and she barely summoned enough energy to cover his mouth with her hand. “Shhh…” she mumbled, feeling like a slowly re-inflating air mattress.

“Did I hurt you?” Clint asked, rolling over to face her. “Did…did you get one?”

Turning her head, she gave him a big grin. Guys couldn’t seem to tell by feel when girls had one – she could always tell when they shot their load. “Uh huh. Two.”

His worried expression relaxed, and a cocky grin began playing around his mouth. “Really?”

“Uh huh.” Rolling over, she kissed his pouting lips, pressing into his hot, sweaty body. “Wanna take a shower?”

Clint raised his arm a little, sniffing. “Do I stink that bad?”

“No…” She drew out the word, biting her lower lip as she looked up at him from between her lashes. “But, I figured we could go…clean up together?” And she squirmed upright, winking.

*~*~*

“Ugh.”

Rachel peeped her head into the bathroom, eyeing him. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m all bruised,” he said, twisting to get a better look in the mirror.

It was true – little darkening spots decorated his love handles – about the width and distance apart as her sore fingers. He probably couldn’t twist enough to see it, but he also had a few claw marks across his side too. “Oopsie.”

He smirked at her, then looked at himself in the full length mirror long and hard, smile fading. “Just trying to see myself how you see me,” he answered to her curious look.

He was almost naked, and his softened chest pointed down, resting on his belly as he shuffled around. That belly shifted and wobbled lightly under his twisting and turning, creasing and bulging depending on how he moved.

Throat instantly drying, she picked up his shaving mirror, placed it over her face, and tilted it up to face him. “Then you have to go from a lower angle.”

“Holy crap, my double chin looks absolutely massive from that angle!” he groaned, pulling his chin into his neck so it bulged even more, puffing his cheeks out. “God, I’m so fat.”

The word, spoken from his lips, made her giggle. “Does this mean you’re not going to have breakfast this morning?”

His look was conflicted, and eventually he gave a little shake of his head. “Of course I’ll have breakfast. I’m already fat – how much damage could another meal do?”

Indeed.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #56
searcher

searcher has said some nice things

Wonderful!
searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #57
SilkySunshine

SilkySunshine can now change their title

Hopefully a lot of damage! As always excellent stuff!
SilkySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:34 AM   #58
fatmac

fatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Now that I read this I am going to have breakfast...
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:33 PM   #59
ALS

ALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized rep

Lovely updates!
ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #60
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 16

The problem with going away, Rachel quickly learned, was that you had to come back to regular life at some point. And it sucked in comparison. Like, a lot.

Standing in her small basement apartment, she thought long and hard about Clint’s offer, a new cellphone clutched in her hand.

“I don’t do charity, Clint,” she had told him peevishly when he pressed it into her hand. They had stopped at the mall and while she was ordering coffee, he had gone to ‘run an errand’. “I’ll wait until I can buy one myself.”

“Rachel…I need to be able to talk to you.” The way he had said need made it sound like something he really, physically, couldn’t live without. “This isn’t for you – it’s for me, ok? Just take it.”

…Fine.

How could two weeks away totally ruin her appetite for her current life? Compared to the cottage, her little place looked like a hobo’s nest. Part of her curled her lip and demanded; why are you even paying for this dump?! Not to mention that her bare cupboard and mini fridge made her sigh. After two weeks of good eating, her pants were a little tight on her. She hadn’t really overeaten, but Clint always gave her a little bit of what he was chewing, and the result was a little bulge of softness around her navel that she played with absently, not sure how to feel about it.

Clint had laughed in her face when she told him she was getting fat, and completely hid her body from view by stepping in front of her as she looked into the mirror. “Now this is fat, m’dear,” he had chuckled, cheeks reddening as her hands wound under his belly in a hug, the heavy flesh lapping over her arms.

Her new phone blipped, and she turned it up to glance at the screen.

Miss you already…

Miss you too, sexy!!!

When are you going to let me see you again? He asked next.

Now?

Don’t tempt me… he responded instantly. I was dead serious.

She was the one who was tempted. Really tempted. Leaning against the wall, she seriously considered her options, weighing the pros and cons. She could stay here for a few months – she would be independent. But she would be wasting money. And something told her that she wouldn’t be spending very many nights here, if things continued to go well. She realized she had a big grin on her face at the thought, and struggled to become serious again.

She could move back in with her parents. She would save some money, but anger still burned hot against them. No way.

What to do???

Clint had sent her a pouty face selfie. His round face looked even rounder that close the camera, and she laughed out loud.

*~*~*

Ultimately, the decision was made very simple. She started spending more and more time at Clint’s condo until it started making no sense whatsoever to maintain an apartment she literally never went to. It was the most natural thing in the world, and her serious misgivings about his fancy life were calmed when she saw his condo. It was almost harsh in its simplicity. It was nice, but nothing special. There were a couple pieces of sturdy furniture, but was otherwise completely bare. Not even pictures or rugs.

“This is just the coffin I live in until I can get back up to the cottage,” he had joked.

Unfortunately, it looked like he wouldn’t be able to get back up until next spring with the way that his work was going. His disappointment, however, was softened by her in his bed every night. They joked, laughed, ate, celebrated, and lived. Rachel felt like she hadn’t done any of it before meeting him. There were a few hiccups, but mostly things went more smoothly than she would have thought. And one thing that was getting smoother was her boyfriend.

Clint loved food with a deep passion – he had to try a new restaurant at least twice a month, and revisited his favourites with relish. Not only did he enjoy it, he also loved taking her out to eat and watching her try new things, talking, and cuddling afterwards.

At first, Rachel had felt uncomfortable letting him treat her. Pretty soon she bit down her objections as his fleshy face grew even rounder, his eyes growing even more content as he absently stroked the heavy, massive curve of his stomach. It wasn’t uncommon for them to go out to eat, and he took a lot of joy in expanding her palate. Which generally meant ordering things, letting her try it, and finishing it himself.

“Wasn’t that dinner great?” he would ask, sighing happily. “I love eating out with you so, so much.” Not to mention the sex got better and better until Clint often had to fend off her eager hands as he got through the door after work. One of their favourite places for this amorous activity turned out to be his lay-z-boy – she could rest her knees on the arms as he leaned back, palming her now visible breasts.

Because she had begun to put on some weight too. Unfortunately, it only made a passing glance at her chest, instead focusing the brunt onto her stomach, hips, and ass. It was actually shocking how quickly she filled out, but Clint only seemed to enjoy groping her more and more. Good thing stretchy dresses had a lot to recommend them.

And Clint had actually gotten her admitted to Humber. It was something she was still a little sore about – because how many people like her didn’t have a Clint to get her in? How was it fair?

It turned out he was a contributing alumni, and friends with a few important people. He often went to speak at their open houses, and after one of them, came back with a letter in his hand. He had put on a little weight again, and the grazing he did at the event was visible in the heavy bulge of his belly as he struggled to get his pants off. “I have a letter for you,” he grunted, sucking in.

Rachel suspended her eager hands from undoing the buttons on his shirt to pick up the manila envelope. “Clint…”

“You’re welcome,” he said smugly. When she had gotten upset, he had come back out of the kitchen and settled on his lay-z-boy chair, a massive salad resting on his stomach. “Babe, if you want to get into the corporate world you have to realize that this is how stuff is done. It’s all word of mouth and references. It isn’t just about hard work – that’s a notion born from Protestantism, and doesn’t apply here.”

Whatever that meant. He gracefully allowed her to pay for her own tuition out of her savings – oh, the generosity – but insisted on her focusing on her studies rather than working and contributing.

“Babe, you aren’t costing me hardly anything at all. You barely eat, and you don’t let me buy you much. I’d still be paying for this place regardless – so stop whining about it and just pass the damn courses, alright? You’ve waited years for this. Don’t blow it trying to work when you don’t have to.”

It stung, but part of her acknowledged the truth of it, and she buckled down, determined to pass.

*~*~*

But there was the saying her father loved to mention; into every life, a little rain must fall.

It was hard to identify exactly when the fine drizzle started, but it began falling more heavily when Bobby came to visit a few months later.

“Seriously – I am advising you both as a friend and as someone who sees this every day – after about half a year you are considered common law. She will get half of every single thing you have if you break up.”

Rachel had just slipped back into the apartment, a bag of milk in hand, and she froze at the words.

“Bobby…” Clint’s voice had a strong tone of warning to it. “She isn’t like that.”

“If she isn’t, then she should have absolutely no problem signing the contract.”

A frustrated sound met her ears as she quietly closed the door, slipping off her shoes. Clint’s deep voice rung out sharply as he responded. “Not every relationship goes sour – I absolutely understand that you see the worst possible outcome day in and day out. But ours is different.”

A snort. “Everyone thinks that. You’ve only been dating a few months. She obviously has no money herself – has she paid for anything since you’ve been together?”

“She just lost her job, and now she is in school. Give her a break. Besides, I love sharing with her – and that’s what this is, Bobby. Sharing. Ever heard of it?”

“I’m just saying – how long will you let her coast on your money? This is the exact same mistake you made with your family.”

A long silence answered the last comment, and Rachel bit back her pain. She had put out a few dozen resumes, but the only place that had gotten back to her was overnight work – and Clint had vehemently opposed it. “Turn it down. If you take this one, I’ll never see you. Besides, putting your education first will mean you make so much more money in the long term,” he had told her earnestly.

She just hated siphoning off him!!

“She’s also playing some sort of game. She pretends like she can’t see your weight. Maybe she is out for a prize bigger than half. Maybe she thinks that she can get it all if you have a heart attack. She stuffs food in your mouth like she is counting down the days. And she’s kind of plumping up herself.”

Clint’s voice lowered dangerously, and he bit out every word. “Shut the hell up.”

Rachel couldn’t suppress the huff of pain that escaped, and she wrapped her arms around herself tightly, recalling exactly what incident Bobby was referring to. It had happened just today, after Clint had finished his lunch. Unable to finish the last bite of her buttered baguette, she had jokingly shoved it into his mouth, making him laugh and cover his mouth to avoid spewing crumbs.

It was just for fun. Wasn’t it? It wasn’t like she was trying to make him get fatter – he had always been perfectly fat. Not like her. Was she really turning into a porker?

Bobby’s words wouldn’t have held such force except that everyone seemed to view her relationship with suspicion or disdain.

Clint’s sister had pulled her aside last week and told her that she needed to be the responsible one in the relationship, because Clint had no self-control when it came to food. His Uncle had clapped him across his sagging belly and made a joke that he needed to come up for a summer of baling to work off the city weight.

She had been so busy over the past year that she wasn’t in close contact with too many of her friends, but she had rung up her two best friends after Clint had given her the phone. The evening had seemed to go well, but afterwards she had heard them on the way back to their car, joking about whale riding and making pig sounds. Needless to say, she hadn’t returned their calls or texts since.

Walking to the kitchen doorway, she looked from Clint’s massive back to Bobby’s. The difference couldn’t have been greater, considering their friend had begun some Cross Fit regime, and his arms now bulged with muscle as he crossed them over his equally muscular chest. Below it, his stomach was flat under his fitted button down. In contrast, Clint’s extra padding on his arms shifted as he used the cutting board. Rachel couldn’t see his front, but knew that his chest and stomach would be gently rippling with the motions.

“I’m not going to ask her to sign anything.” Her boyfriend’s voice held a harsh note of finality.

Utterly insensitive as always, the other man rubbed his head. “Look…It isn’t anything bad – it just helps protect your assets.”

“I’ll sign it.” Both men whirled to face her guiltily.

“See? No harm!” Bobby said, grinning as he uncrossed his arms.

Clint’s face hardened. “She might, but I won’t.” The smile faded from his friend’s face. “This conversation is now officially god-damned-closed. Do you understand me?” It wasn’t often that Clint pulled out his work face – it was damned intimidating, and even Bobby threw up his hands in surrender.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:26 AM   #61
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ah! You write so well! I can't wait to see what happens! And I feel totally spoiled with the amount of updates you're giving us. Keep it up! You're awesome!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #62
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

each of your stories is amazing and I call each my favourite. Thanks a lot. Your stories are always amazingly helpful when I have a hard time in my life and Im in a deep shit whole right now and reading your work makes my life just a little bit better. Thanks again, great update!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #63
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 17

Introducing him to her family was going about as awkwardly as she had thought it would. Spoiled by the clean and minimalist organization of his condo, the smell of ash tray and smoke almost knocked her backwards. And she had to tread carefully across the sea of kicked aside shoes, gym bags, purses and other items.

Clint was incredibly fastidious. He hated mess with as much intensity as if it was unclean. Every single thing he owned might be of good quality – but it was also cared for diligently. Shoes were cleaned when dirty and conditioned if needed. Knives were always sharpened and ready for use. All dishes were rinsed and swept into the dishwasher immediately after eating. The entire condo was clean and organized before he went to bed – even if it meant they went to bed after midnight.

At first, it was the biggest source of tension between them, and Rachel had been insulted at his cleaning up after her or rolling his eyes when she worked around a mess instead of cleaning it up. But now, she looked around and realized how much stress it caused him – because she was probably feeling only a fraction of what he did. Shame overwhelmed her for a moment as she looked around the house that was more than simply messy – it was dirty. Dirty in the way that only long neglect could make it. There was stains on the carpet, and plates full of old food sat around the couch in the living room. Really? They hadn’t even tried to clean up? Turning to face Clint, she mouthed sorry! trying to project her sincerity and apology in her look.

He shook his head slightly, toeing off his own shoes. Before coming her boyfriend had honestly told her that he was just happy that she was finally talking to them again. It had taken a while for her temper to blow over – and had been assisted by her brother Gary nagging her until she relented.

“Hey guys! We are here!” She called down the hall, trying to be heard over the blare of the TV.

“Come on in,” her mother called. “Dinner is almost ready!”

Familiar and unpleasant smells of boxed potato, canned corn, and boiled ham assaulted her senses. She couldn’t bring herself to meet Clint’s eyes as she padded into the kitchen. “Hey, Mom, Dad, this is Clint. Clint, this is Betty and Joel.” On the fridge were several prominent notices that their water, energy and gas was about to be shut off for nonpayment. Rachel instantly knew that they had been placed there for her to see, and burned with resentment. This had been a bad, bad idea.

Her father rose from his seat at the table, laying aside his newspaper and extending his hand silently. His expression was always pretty dour, so his eyebrow only twitched at Clint’s height and width.

She had gone to the bakery, where she knew he would be alone, and had quietly but simply told him several key facts. One being that this was ‘the guy’. The other was that he was a ‘big guy’. And finally, any bullshit and she would simply leave.

“I’ll tell your mother,” he had said eventually, after kneading dough for several long minutes. “Haven’t heard from you in a while. You ok?”

Her Dad was a great guy – but part of her was still angry that he let his wife walk all over him, and let his entire family take advantage of him. That he hadn’t even bothered to come see that she wasn’t dead in a ditch somewhere. Yes, her brother had been relaying updates, but her dad hadn’t even bothered, not once!

That anger flared again a little as her mother wiped her hands on a dish towel, giving a little start. Don’t you dare comment on his size, Rachel warned her with a silent look.

“Oh, aren’t you a…tall one,” she amended hastily after glancing between her husband and daughter, eyes settling on Rachel’s softer tummy. “And you are looking…healthy.”

Clint had on his ‘work face’ – something Rachel had learned meant he was uncomfortable. “It is a pleasure to meet you,” he said to them both with calm courtesy. He was sucking in, trying to avoid bumping into anyone or anything in the tiny kitchen.

“Let me just call the boys for dinner,” her Mother said as she bustled down the hall to the stairs. “BOYS! DINNER!” she bellowed.

Clint started somewhat at the loud and unexpected sound, but otherwise his expression remained neutral. He turned to watch as one brother after the other thundered down the stairs.

Tony was first, bare chested and showing off his construction tan and muscles. “Woah! Um, hey,” he greeted Clint, not bothering to extend his hand. “So you’re Clint, eh?” And he eyed him up and down in an appraising way.

Greg followed, dancing backwards as he threw a football back towards Tom. Whirling back, he almost collided with his older brother. “Move!” he grunted, shoving past him. “’Sup, Holmes?” he jerked out, opening the fridge and cracking open a can of pop.

Tom walked into the kitchen silently, nodded to them all, and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

It had taken some getting used to at first, but Rachel had grown accustomed to Clint’s friends and their ways. Never had she felt her own family’s shortcomings so strongly as now, and she wondered honestly if their relationship would survive the meeting. In fact, they had gotten into a spat just last night because Clint had said that not all poor people lived like how she was describing – that the lifestyle and behaviour had nothing to do with money. Which she had stupidly took as offensive towards her family. Which was ironic because she was the one feeling ashamed as she tried to describe what he would encounter. It rubbed her the wrong way to admit that her family’s lifestyle and habits had less to do with their income, than to their lack of…whatever. Education? Class? Common sense? Or as Clint had so bluntly put it: Not all firmly blue collar families behave like that – there are many lower income families who are clean, well mannered, open minded and close.

Just not hers.

A quick glance at her boyfriend showed him looking calm, but also strained. An uncomfortable silence fell for a moment before Rachel thought to ask where Gary was. “Oh, he couldn’t make it, he had soccer practice tonight,” her mother answered as she took the food off the stove.

Behind their mother, Tony shook his head, rolled his eyes, and made an ok sign with one hand - and inserted his index finger from the other hand into it several times.

“Ugh,” Rachel told him, making a face. Gross. Gary might be her favourite brother, but he was always such a womanizer.

The rest of the dinner was about as humiliating as their introductions. Her mother smoked away, tapping her cigarette into the coke can in front of her. Clint swallowed hard on seeing it, and couldn’t seem to bring himself to drink from his own can again. He rarely drank pop anyway because he said it smelled and tasted like chemicals, and Rachel knew he found the smell of smoke revolting. The combination was probably making his stomach churn. Not to mention the tasteless meal. For the first time, Rachel noticed that the corn from the can had a distinctly metallic taste. The low quality ham had a sort of chemical fat residue, and the texture of the potato was just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Her father barely raised his eyes, refusing to talk to Clint. Her brothers were alternately rude and aggressive. Part of her tried to remember if her family had always been this rough around the edges, but the other part of her wondered if this attitude was because she wasn’t giving them money anymore – or if it was because Clint was fat.

“So how did you meet my little sister?” Tony demanded. “At work, eh?”

“What do you do for a job?” Greg asked abruptly somewhat later.

“What sports do you like?” Tom asked, obviously trying to make conversation. At least he was trying – although Rachel wanted to punch him in the nose for the seemingly unconscious sneer he gave at Clint’s round form. “Watching, I mean, not playing.”

“Don’t you want any more?” Her mother asked finally after everyone had taken their first servings.

Clint had eaten just enough food so as to not appear rude. “Oh – thank you very much. But I’m on a diet,” he added softly.

Wait – what? Rachel raised her eyes from her plate, but he was looking away. Something in his stance told her that he wasn’t fully seated in the chair – he was kind of crouched on it like he was afraid to put his full weight on it. Probably wise – her own chair rocked under her own weight. His would probably collapse with a good sigh.

“That’s good,” Greg added, scooping up another hearty spoonful of potatoes. “You should probably try to get a grip on your weight.”

Disconcerting eyes locked with the other mans. Clint’s tone was devoid of inflection as he simply replied, “Indeed.”

“Shut up, Greg.” Rachel snapped, dropping her fork with a clatter.

Indifferent, he shrugged muscular shoulders. “What? He’s a fatty, I’m sure he knows it.”

“Shut. Up.” She snarled, face heating. This felt so much better than the fake civilities of the past hour. A fight was exactly what she needed. She had been spoiling for it all night, and it felt great to let the anger spew out.

“Don’t be rude. Your brother is just trying to look out for you.” Her mother interceded. “Any luck getting a new job?” she asked quickly. “We could sure use some help with the bills.” And she glanced pointedly towards the notices pinned to the fridge.

Red hot anger spiked through her. “No, sorry Mom. I’m in school now.”

“Oh. I see. Got into that fancy school, did you? Are you coming to live back at home, since you don’t have a job?” was the next, too sweet question. “Obviously you can’t afford your own place if you don’t have a job. Though I don’t know how we will afford to keep you…”

“No. I live with Clint,” she added firmly, almost grinning at the fight she felt brewing.

Her father’s eyes snapped up, and the whole family stared at her in a silent, disapproving way. If her parents had been opposed to her moving out, they were mortified at her living with a guy outside of marriage. It was a stupid, old fashioned way of thinking that their Catholic minds simply couldn’t comprehend. But Gary was out ramming a random girl, and somehow that just got swept under the rug?

“Are you engaged?” Her dad managed at last, staring unblinkingly at Clint.

“Are you pregnant?” Her mom managed at the same time, staring at her puffy stomach.

“No!” Rachel cried indignantly, sitting up straighter and sucking in. “Neither one!”

Tony reached over and poked her stomach. “She’s just gotten fat, Mom.”

Her last shard of self-control snapped, and she knocked his hand away. “And now we are done!” She snapped, standing.

Rachel heard Clint immediately rise to follow her, murmuring something as she stalked out of the house. She barely waited to get her sweater on before letting the door slam behind her, sucking in breaths of cold air as she scurried to the car.

Slower, heavier footsteps followed, and Clint gently boxed her in against the car, kissing her head and hugging her against his belly. “Hey. You ok?”

Shaking her head, she pressed her hot face against the cool glass before turning in his arms. “I just want to go home.” An odd sensation flared in the vicinity of her waist, and Rachel jerked back. God, she was getting huge if people thought she was pregnant. Even Clint noticed, if he was grabbing it. It felt gross – his wide hand pressed into the flab around her waist and it actually…jiggled. Ugh!

Was this how Clint felt when she touched him?

Careful not to squeeze the roll she had her hand over, she instead ghosted it along towards his back, trying not to emphasise his weight by grabbing or pushing like she normally would have done. No wonder he had begun frowning every time she touched him. All this time she had been enjoying touching him...had she been making him feel gross like she was feeling right now?

Ugh. He had squeezed her side again. Gross, gross, gross.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:44 PM   #64
SilkySunshine

SilkySunshine can now change their title

Oh gosh her family are dicks!
SilkySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:50 AM   #65
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

What an intense chapter!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #66
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 18

“I’m so sorry,” Rachel whispered as they pulled out onto the main road.

“It’s ok,” Clint said, doing a shoulder check. He was distant, and it was not helping her feeling like their relationship was broken.

“I’m so humiliated,” she choked out.

“Hey – you haven’t even met my family yet,” He told her with a strained laugh, briefly patting her thigh.

“I’m just so sorry. They shouldn’t have picked on you for your weight.”

“I’m a big boy,” he said, mouth twisting at the double meaning, “I can handle myself. Are you ok?” He asked meaningfully, glancing at her and touching her cheek.

Rachel had spent her whole life being picked on – both with and without malice – about her overly petite stature and childish frame. This new thing shouldn’t have bothered her one bit – but it did. A lot. She had never even been curvy before, and somehow she had blown right passed that desirable state into downright…pregnant fat. She shuddered. Fat and ugly.

Clint must have guessed her feelings, because more than once on the way home, he empathetically told her, “You are not fat, Rachel!”

But the scale, when she got back to the apartment, told her something totally different. When she had first stepped onto it, she was 93 lbs – too small, even for her. She was 126, now. All her breath seemed to escape her, and she clutched at the edge of the counter before settling onto the toilet, weak from shock.

Rachel had never been above 107 in her life. Now, she was not only the heaviest she had ever been, but she had literally blown up thirty three whole pounds since being fired. She had gained over a third of her own body weight. Suddenly, every seam seemed tight. The fabric of her pants felt strained, and her top clung with unflattering determination to flesh that suddenly seemed to be billowing out everywhere. That number on the scale somehow heightened every one of her other senses, and they all gaped in shock at the rude awakening.

Sitting as she was, the bra dug in under her breasts, forcing a little roll above her stomach itself. Shuddering, feeling sick, Rachel closed her eyes tightly, determined to feel what Clint felt. The little roll under her chest was nothing in comparison to the bloated curve of her stomach, which forced the band of her yoga pants down where they nestled against the edge of her panties. Maybe some of it was the lush dinner Clint had whipped up when they got home, but it arched outwards obscenely, completely obscuring the waistband. Even her sides felt padded, and a quick exploration revealed thick love handles. That, and her stomach, jostled around as she touched, and to her horror she could feel those love handles on her back too. Her spine was still there, but the two twin mounds bulged outwards, looping over her hips, and blending into her puffy stomach.

Shit shit shit. Hopping up, Rachel quickly stripped, staring into the full length mirror, just as she had over half a year ago. That was like, three or four pounds a month! What had she been doing, licking butter? Heat rose at the memory of pizza nights at home, big bowls of Pho, steaks, and even the massive salads Clint made that had bacon, cheese, and other goodies.

In front of her stood a short, dumpy woman with long, brown hair that was pulled away from a round face. The face itself looked swollen, compared to what she was used to. How had she failed to notice her cheekbones disappearing? When the reflection looked down, a double chin popped out. It wasn’t the only thing that popped out. Her hips flared out, her belly bulged, and her belly button wriggled ever so slightly as she stepped around to view her backside. Snacking on those bite sized candy bars – a reward for making it through a paragraph of her essays, had taken its toll. Her ass bulged out – but it wasn’t the size that made Rachel’s mouth open it horror. It was the slightly dimpled surface that covered it.

The worst part of it all – worse than being the fattest she had ever been, worse than being fat itself – was that she wasn’t even symmetrical and womanly. Compared to her bloated lower half, her upper half still seemed petite. Her thighs might rub together a bit, but her upper arms were still comparatively slim. Her ass might bulge and wobble, but her breasts looked pathetic in comparison. This was no Marilyn Manroe exaggerated hourglass, as Clint had compared her to earlier. This was just fat, fat, fat!

Memories of full contentment disappeared under a tidal wave of self hatred. Rachel, she told herself, staring into her own eyes. You, m’dear, need to diet.

*~*~*

“Thanks for inviting me over. And sorry for not making it to dinner a few weeks ago,” Gary told her as he sat in their living room on the couch. “Something came up at the last second.”

“I’m aware,” Rachel said bitterly and pointedly, uncurling her feet from their place under her butt and trying to find a position where she didn’t feel like her body was bulging out. Gary was the only one of her family who she would have willingly have invited over. He was the most easygoing of the lot, and didn’t have a greedy bone in his body. And he wasn’t one to harp on her for living with a man out of wedlock.

His lips twitched as if to speak, but then he just grinned. Gary’s perpetually tousled, wavy hair and big, long lashed brown eyes made him look young and innocent. His wide grin and crinkled eyes not only disarmed women, it regularly stripped the pants right off them. “I hear there was a blow up. Thanks, that’s awesome.” The last was to her boyfriend, who had brought him a beer before disappearing back into the kitchen. “Drama, Rachel?” and he tsked. “I’m surprised at you.”

His tone was full of laughter, but Rachel was distracted. Poor Clint. He probably thought they were going to get into a fight, Rachel thought as she watched his massive backside disappear through the wide double doors that led into the kitchen. “Well, let’s see. The house was a disaster and disgusting. Mom and Dad would barely talk to us, and the boys were incredibly rude to him about everything, including his weight. And mine. ” She added with a grumble, straightening a bit as her stomach let out a piercing gurgle. Before meeting Clint she had never noticed being hungry. Now, her stomach pummelled her relentlessly for the food she was denying it.

“Well, you have filled out a bit, you have to admit.”

Rachel’s eyes snapped up.

Gary shrugged, mouth making a popping sound as it released from the bottle. “Rachel, you’ve always been skin and bones. You aren’t fat, but you’ve…filled out.”

Oh god. Tightening her stomach muscles until they burned, Rachel gritted her teeth before continuing. “And Clint?”

Gary blinked, tilting his head. “Rach…” Seeing Clint approach again, he addressed his next words to him. “You’ve been big for a while, yeah? You’re probably used to getting comments all the time, right?” At Clint’s cautious nod, he turned back to his sister. “Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying it’s alright – but it’s not like it would have been the first time he’s gotten crap about his size. He seems like a tough enough guy. Part of being a guy is having thick skin, Rach. And besides,” he added, glancing around in an appraising way. “What would he care that some random guy who don’t even have a career made a comment? He’s got a better job, a better place – and my sister.” Another grin, followed by a broad wink.

He made it sound so trivial, which frustrated her because it didn’t seem that way so to her. Everyone seemed to comment on his weight, her choice. Tom had even texted her and told her she could do better – a text which she instantly deleted. “And Mom. She was so annoying – flaunting the bills and asking for money again!”

“Things are tight.” The glossy chestnut hair swung as he shook his head. “You can’t blame her for asking.”

“Yes, I can blame her, and I do blame her!” Rachel shot back. “I gave her money for months and she never used it towards any of the bills. I blame her – I blame all of you. You just wasted it on tv shows and games and a new car!”

For the first time, a dangerous flash shot out from her brother’s eye, and he took a deep pull from the beer. “Really. Blame. Really.”

“Blame.” Rachel repeated, raising her chin. “I starved for months, Gary! I worked my ass off in two jobs, and I gave every single penny I had to the family. I gifted...I don’t know. Three, maybe four thousand dollars in the last two years? What right did she have to waste it?”

Gary put his beer down firmly. “First of all, she never asked you to starve or kill yourself. All she asked was for you to contribute what you could. If you decided not to eat and to kill yourself, that was your decision. Secondly, she had every right to spend the money as she saw fit. Once you give a gift you don’t have any say in how it is spent. That is how gifts work.”

“Like hell,” Rachel retorted indignantly, growing more and more flustered as her cheeks and neck heated. “I don’t know why you are always defending her. No matter how much I gave it was never enough. No matter how much money comes in, it’s all wasted. Dad works, she just sits at home eating and spends money. She just lives off him like a fungus! And I don’t even know where all your money goes, but certainly not towards those bills that were on the fridge!”

Muscles in her brother’s jaw worked as he shifted forward on to the front of the seat. “I defend her because she is my Mom,” he replied with dangerous emphasis. “And I’m sorry – how the hell are you any different? You accuse her of being fat, but you’re not exactly skinny yourself anymore. And as for living off Dad – again, how the hell are you any different? You’re living in this nice condo, but you don’t have a job. How are you contributing? Oh, and sex doesn’t count.”

The last bit was said quietly enough that Rachel hoped Clint, who had retreated back into the kitchen, hadn’t heard. “You are such an asshole.”

“Maybe,” he acknowledged, jaw still clenched. “But you’re a bratty, spoiled child. Clint is more like Dad than you want to admit – and that means you are like Mom.”

I’d rather die, Rachel thought, curling her lip in disdain.

*~*~*

But Gary’s words intruded after he had left.

The conversation had passed onto more relaxed topics with the assistance of Clint, who had settled heavily into his recliner. Gary’s temper never stayed ruffled for long, and within a few minutes Rachel was the only one fuming. Once the door had closed on him, Rachel had turned to look about the condo - that Clint paid for. Absently opened the fridge full of food – that Clint paid for. Passed into the bedroom and put on the clothes – that Clint had paid for.

Not like her mom. Not like her mom. Not like her mom!

“Want to order some pizza in?” Clint asked still later as they cuddled on the couch. He looked a little annoyed at her rebuffs to touching her body, and had settled for petting her hair while they read. He a novel, her an accounting text.

“No,” Rachel replied quietly, even as her stomach shrieked. The pages were a blur on nonsense before her eyes. Having looked down at the scale, she was still appalled at the number. “I’m not hungry.” Her stomach wailed again as her salivary glands shot off at the thought of the hot bread, smothered in cheese and tomato sauce.

“No?” he repeated, so startled he dropped his book on his chest. He wasn’t out of line for being so surprised; she never turned down the opportunity to watch him enjoy himself eating. “Alright…Well how about I order some, and if you just happen to want a bite, you can have a very little, tiny bit?” His round face was almost split in half by his cheeky grin.

“I’ll pay for half.”

Clint turned a puzzled face towards her as he leaned over to fetch his phone. “Why?” He asked in confusion. The action caused his large belly to bulge and wiggle. “It’s not like you are going to eat half, so why would you pay for half?”

It was useless to argue with him about food. “Fine.” Whatever. She would just order next time, before he got home. Mentally, her mind twitched at the dwindling amount in her account. Rachel tried to return her attention to the book in front of her, but debits, credits, and balance sheets couldn’t hold her attention for long. She was not like her mother. Not one bit. She was going to contribute, but she had to get through school first. Her skin crawled at the thought, because she didn’t have enough for next semester waiting in cash. And besides, Clint liked treating her to things. A small voice nagged in the back of her mind that her father seemed to like treating her mother. No. Not the same thing!

When the pizza arrived, Clint moaned into his first bite, but his face fell as he saw her expression. “What’s wrong?” he asked, carefully wiping his hands on a napkin and scooting a little closer.

“I’m getting fat, Clint,” she said as she cuddled into the bulges of his side, laying her cheek on his chest. He was warm and cuddly, and her stress would have completely melted away, except for the annoying sensation of her own stomach forming into a roll because of how she was bent over.

“You’re beautiful,” he replied stoutly, kissing her long and hard. “Very sexy,” he murmured in a lower tone as his hand slid down her side.

She didn’t feel sexy, and his touch made her cringe. “No, I’m not. I look fat.”

“I look fat, and you say I’m sexy,” Clint said with a smile that faded at her continued stony expression. “Seriously, even if you think you are fat – I’m telling you that it looks good on you.”

“It’s hideous.”

He frowned, hesitating, his hold relaxing as he shifted away fractionally. “I thought we promised not to say things like that…”

“Fine.” I won’t say it. Out loud, that is.

Despite her mood softening later that evening after several hours of cuddles and kisses, the rest of the pizza remained untouched, the cheese slowly solidifying on the surface.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:00 AM   #67
fatmac

fatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

So sad to see Rachel so unaccepting of the happiness she has found. True to so many of our lives...but sad none the less.

Your story is keeping a wonderfully true to life tone. Well done
Old 06-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #68
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 19

“Do you think I am like my Mom?”

Clint checked the approach of the straw to his lips, giving her an uneasy glance. I think the right answer to this question is ‘no’, but I don’t think any answer is going to save me, his expression seemed to say. After a deep inhale and exhale, he carefully spread his napkin on his lap. “No.”

Lately, Rachel was beginning to doubt that more and more. “Why.”

“Because you are a beautiful, vivacious young woman in the prime of her life with a promising career,” he said with another sigh. “You are a go getter, you have your whole life ahead of you. You are passionate, and you won’t let anything stand in your way.” He knew how to answer, because this wasn’t the first time this conversation had come up.

“She doesn’t have a job. I don’t have a job.”

He sipped at the water, rolling those expressive blue eyes in a face that didn’t seem quite so fleshy as it had once been. Work had been busy and stressful. His cheeks were paler, and he looked tired. And his appetite hadn’t been the greatest, lately. “You are in school,” he replied firmly.

Rachel looked into his eyes, ready with her next comment. “She lets Dad pay for everything. You pay for everything. Seriously – I’m becoming more and more like her every day.”

“I really don’t understand why you are so worried about it. She seems happy enough with her lot.”
The large man paused for a moment. “Besides, there is a difference between the sort of support your father provides to your mother, and what I am doing.”

“Is there?” Rachel asked, depressed. “I don’t have enough money saved up for next year; what I am going to do?” She slapped a hand to her forehead as he opened his mouth. “Oh wait.”

Clint gave her a look that spoke his displeasure at the verbal trap she had laid down. “Love, paying for your schooling is just paying it forward. It isn’t the same as supporting you because you don’t want to work. Soon enough you will have your own career and you will more than repay me for any little money that I will have spent.”

A career which she was realizing more and more – was utterly boring. Maybe she had built up her own expectations too high, or learned too much before attending classes. Or perhaps Clint’s explanations simplified and distilled everything. Regardless, the education and career path which had been such a motivation to her for the past few years was now becoming almost intolerably boring and simple. Was that all that awaited her? Years of drudgery so similar to the job she had hated so much? She might get paid more, but it was almost the same thing! What was the point? Where was the challenge, where was the purpose? But her mind shied away from the thought – because anything else would indeed make her just like her mom. “I don’t want you to pay for my schooling. Can’t I just get a loan?”

He looked frustrated. “Why are you so willing to take a loan from the bank, and not me?” He demanded. Thanking the waiter politely, he waited until they were alone before continuing. “I have no problem co-signing for you – but there isn’t any point! I’m perfectly willing to put down the money for you, and then we don’t have to worry about the interest payments.”

“Because I don’t want to be like my mother!” she snapped, frowning at the small cobb salad he had ordered. Her own spring salad arrived, and she viciously stabbed at an inoffensive slice of the greenery. “I don’t want to just have everything handed to me. I want to get a job and pay for my own way! I want to be able to treat you to dinner, not you always treating me!”

Clint rested the bridge of his nose on his steepled fingers. They had had this conversation many times in one form or another, and each time he seemed to grow more irritated. “You know what? Fine.” Picking up his fork with a grim air, he proceeded to eat his salad. “You’re a grown woman. Make your own decisions. You want a loan? Fine. I’ll co-sign for you. You want a job? Go right ahead. I guess I’ll see you in a few years when you are done school. Because between work and school, I wont ever see you.” His voice was bitter, and he bit down on his salad with no enjoyment.

“Clint…” She hadn’t meant to make him angry. He was more edgy lately…but then, so was she. She had lost only two pounds, despite feeling like she should have lost twenty considering how hungry she was. The constant pangs that came from her not eating much caused her always ready temper to flare. It wasn’t fair to him. “I’m sorry. I just…”

He had a temper of his own though it took a lot longer to ignite than hers, and he shook his head, pursing his lips and refusing to accept her apology. “Just…do whatever you want, Rachel,” he sighed, brooding over his bowl. “I give up.”

“Come on,” she coaxed, lifting the menu. “Let’s get some actual food into you.” Lately, he seemed to be trying to minimize his appetite to match hers. Rachel knew if she got some food into him, he would be much more happy, and she could at least enjoy dinner vicariously through him.

He slapped the menu down onto the table. “Stop it.”

Startled, Rachel raised her eyes, shocked and mystified. “What’s wrong?”

“You think I’m going to sit here and eat without you? What’s the point? And no,” he snapped. “A salad does not count as you eating a meal. I’ll eat when you do.”

He’d see. She’d pull her weight and treat him to dinner and cut down on her flab – he’d like that. Maybe then their sex life would pick back up.

*~*~*

Rachel had forgotten how exhausting it was to work was while studying. Staggering inside, she dropped her bag with a groan, rolling her neck. “I’m home!”

Silence answered her, and she meandered through the dark apartment, flicking on each light as if it might reveal him. “Clint?” The door open and closed, and she padded back. “Yay, you’re home!”

“Hey.” Clint replied in a low voice as he bent over and pulled his shoes off.

“Hey handsome, want to go out to dinner?” Rachel purred as she walked in the door. She felt sexy in the pair of new jeans she had bought that showed off her ass really nicely…even if they did pinch around the stomach a bit still. “My treat.”

The scale had sparkled ‘118’ back up at her this morning – and it felt great, actually. A little curve, without being heavy. Although another five pounds wouldn’t go wrong. Just in time for spring! Feeling a little frisky, she bit her lip and wrapped her arms around him. Instead of his normal enveloping hug, he stiffly squeezed her briefly. “You ok?” Something tickled at her senses, something she couldn’t quite place. Just as with the last two months, he came home smelling far fresher than he should have – like he had freshly showered and reapplied cologne. He didn’t shower in the mornings anymore, or evening in the evenings, as far as she could tell. Where was he…?

“Yeah. Just sore and tired.” Clint rubbed his forehead, glancing at her briefly. “I actually grabbed dinner on the way home. I didn’t think you’d be here – you haven’t been home at nights in forever.” He muttered, his forced smile sliding off his face as fast as it had appeared.

It felt great not to be so dependent on him, and she had been so excited to lavish a great dinner on him. In fact, she had booked a reservation in the CN tower rotating restaurant. The prices made her cringe, but she knew Clint had been trying to convince her to go since they first started dating. She was also excited to be able to get him to eat without making herself feel like she was wasting his money. He had been looking thinner lately – she couldn’t convince him to eat properly while she was dieting. It vexed her, but she was consoled that even if he did lose a few pounds, he was still her big, sexy guy.

And he did look sexy. His red hair was rather more spiked and ruffled than usual, but his round cheeks had a dash of colour to them. Not to mention that he looked unbearably cuddly. Stalking forward, she wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a deep kiss. She could cancel the reservations… although Clint eating beforehand had never really stopped him from eating again, even if it was to try a small and new appetizer. “Well, want to come cuddle in the bedroom instead?” And she leaned forward, balancing against him for a kiss

He planted his hands on her shoulders, bent, and returned her kiss without any passion. Turning, he shuffled into the living room. “I think I just need to sit down for a bit…”

Staring after him, she swallowed, feeling a choking emotion rise. Her boyfriend was suddenly losing weight – he had moved back into the clothes that he had worn when they met. It was noticeable in the increased muscle in his arms, the softer but also flatter stomach, and his ass didn’t bulge quite so much. And being sore. And being tired. And the showers.

Don’t be dramatic, she told herself as scornfully as she could, trying to shake off the feeling of dread that had settled on her.

The clock said it was nine – far later than he normally got home. The poor guy had probably just had another incident in production. Watching him as he quietly trudged away, Rachel found something within herself reaching for him – and not feeling like he was quite answering her. They hadn’t spent a lot of time close together in the past few weeks – either one of them was asleep when the other came home, or they just couldn’t quite seem to match their sex drive timing.

When he lay back with a few groans, she tried to entice him by gently touching him – not on his stomach and chunky bits like she had before. She hadn’t realized how awful it felt until he had grabbed hers. Since then, she had really and truly tried her best not to grab his fat, or mention it in any way. And she had really, really locked down on feeding him any food, or encouraging him to fulfill his appetite since Bobby had made that horrible comment. So despite the way his thick flesh moved under her avid eyes, she refrained from touching it, instead focusing on kneading his biceps and rubbing his chest. He felt oddly firm and muscled, not soft and supportive like she expected.

“Ouch!” He snapped, halting her by capturing her wrists. “Gently.”

“I was being gentle!” Rachel insisted, frowning.

Clint let her wrists go, sighing. “Sorry. I’m just sore today and not really in the mood.”

“You’re always sore and not in the mood lately,” Rachel muttered as she closed the bathroom door, kicking off her clothes angrily and stepping into the hot shower. Her sex drive had always been high, and living with brothers hadn’t exactly put a damper on it. Sex was normal and healthy, as long as the parents hadn’t known. So not being intimate for several weeks was driving her rather crazy.

Clint’s thick calves and chunky, dimpled thighs so longer made frequent appearances. His belly button didn’t wink at her teasingly as he waddled through the apartment. In fact, that waddle had lessened, his substantial chest reducing and firming. When they slept at night, Rachel sometimes touched him in the dim light. While sleeping on his side, his belly no longer encroached so far across the bed, and his chest didn’t squish together into quite so substantial cleavage. His thighs had significantly more definition, and so did his biceps.

Later, the sudden boom of his voice made her jump as he snapped, “Can’t you shut the light off after you?” He slamming the switch into the down position as he passed the bathroom. “I’ve only asked you a million times.”

Flinching, Rachel looked up from her book, flustered. “…I’m sorry...” His mood was always sour, now, but that was the first time he had snapped at her like that, and she didn’t know how to take it. It was so unexpected she stared after him, mouth open.

Gone was her happy, strong, calm man of a few months ago. Fat and sassy, flirty and frisky. Always wanting to cuddle and treat her to things, patiently explaining snags in her schooling.

Now, an irritable, sore and grumpy stranger had replaced him. He was thin(ner), and didn’t want to touch much. Even when they did cuddle, no matter what she did, she couldn’t seem to get him in the mood.

He had said he would miss her because of work, but she was the one who missed Clint…so, so much. Not cuddling into his thick, soft body, but she missed the special smiles, winks and smirks he used to have for only her...
Old 06-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #69
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's the unspoken, not voiced, misinterpreted things that bring on the most crisis' and demises in relationships - rarely what is actually said and done. You show that very well in this chapter!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #70
fatmac

I agree. The unspoken is far more detrimental than the spoken. I do hope Rachel figures that out before Clint diminishes too much.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #71
taco

taco has said some nice things

ive been on the edge of my seat since last sunday. literally cant get this out of my mind...
taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #72
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Chapter 20

“Uh oh. Someone’s looking blue,” Gary sing-songed, kissing the top her head before taking a seat across from her at Tim Hortons. “You ok, Rach?” he questioned softly, pausing in the act of deeply inhaling the scent of sugar and carbs from the crinkling package in his hand.

“Yes. No. I dunno.” Rachel answered absently, poking at the bottle of water in front of her. Nothing seemed to be going right, lately. Clint was distant and moody, work was making her tired, and she felt so, so alone. And her diet was going to hell.

Ok, being honest, she wasn’t really dieting anymore. Her appetite had just…disappeared, and the only thing she could convince herself to eat was junk, because it was the only thing readily available without preparation. Food tasted like ash when she even remembered to eat. Eating alone had never been something she enjoyed, and that was basically the only option for her, given her and Clint’s differing schedules.

On top of everything, she was really questioning why she was bothering with any of it – school, work. Clint. She slammed that last thought to the side, shunning away from it like it was scalding hot.

Gary popped open the tab on his coffee, blowing on the surface through the opening. “Well, just know that I still love you the best out of all my sisters.”

That was why Gary was her favourite brother. Jerk. It made her smile, but she sighed as she met his eyes. “Life just sucks lately.” Even though Bobby had helped her fill out the paperwork to sue her employer for wrongful dismissal, and both her and her lawyer were highly confident she would receive a settlement, she felt no joy. Just indifference.

Talking to Gary was always easy, and she son found herself talking about how lonely she was. “I’m just so tired of sitting alone every night. “

Popping the last of his maple dip in his mouth, her brother considered her with his large, expressive eyes. “Why, Clint not home?”

“Our schedules aren’t aligning.” Her brother’s quirked brow made her blush. Since when had she started talking like Clint?

He shrugged. “So come visit. One of us is bound to be up, unless it’s like four am!”

The idea of walking back into that house after she had stormed out made her pride smart. And there wasn’t anything there for her. She had nothing in common with any of them. What was she supposed to say? Do? “I can’t. It’s just so weird and awkward to be there, and I’m still mad at them.”

“Jeez Rach, you hold a grudge fo-eva.” Gary’s expression spoke volumes about how unnecessary he found this.

One reason he had always been her favourite was that it was so hard to hold a grudge against someone who literally forgot their transgressions and grinned at you with real happiness the next day. It was like hating a puppy. “Well, money isn’t as important to you as it is to me.”

“Money is just a thing – who cares? You make money to do fun stuff. If you are already doing fun stuff, money is just…blah.” Gary opened the next package, crinkling the wrapper with an expression of pure enjoyment. He had natural thin athleticism and never had to worry about eating junk food. “And anyway – why are you still mad at Mom? I mean, she’s always sucked with money, ever since, well, forever. It isn’t anything new, so I don’t know why you got so surprised. No offense, but giving her cash was a really stupid thing to do. That’s why we never give her all our money – she’d just waste it.”

“Wait – what?”

A clump of cream from the donut clung to his lips until he licked it off happily and messily. “Rach, Mom’s always, always, always sucked with money. She always spends more than she has. That’s why us boys and Dad never give her a lot. I know you were going on about the notices on the fridge; but that kind of stuff has been happening since we were toddlers, remember? Somehow, magically, it never happened. Why? Because Dad doesn’t tell her everything he makes, so he always has something to pull us out of the hole. If he told her, she’d spend it. You were the only one who just gave her cold hard cash without any strings attached. No offense – but you were kind of asking for it.”

Rachel stared at him in consternation. “What?” she repeated, shocked. That wasn’t even a possibility…that wasn’t true. Dad wouldn’t withhold money…would he? She could totally imagine the boys holding back, but for more selfish reasons than Gary gave.

He stuffed the last of the donut into his mouth, humming happily and nearly choking on the large bite.

“Chew, Gary.” At least they hadn’t fought for food in front of Clint. Usually, meals were a free for all – all elbows and assholes, as Greg used to say. Father, son, the holy ghost – whoever eats the fastest, gets the most!

He shot her a look, rolling his eyes. “That’s why Dad has always encouraged her to just relax at home. If she had a job, she’d have a credit card. And if she had a credit card, she’d max it out. And then he’d have to pay for it. Besides, Mom’s only goal in life was to be a mom – and she kind of hit the kid jackpot with us,” he added, sticking his tongue out and puffing his chest.

That had never occurred to her before, and she closed her mouth, considering.

“And besides – Dad loves taking care of her. And yeah, we probably aren’t as good with our money as we could be,” he added, referring to their siblings, “but we all have a bit saved up. I mean, I remember you were all like ‘oh, you bought games and stuff’ – but that was with our work money, not yours. And we all give Dad a bit of cash, too, for bills and stuff. I know you’re the smartest and most driven out of all of us, but you aren’t the only one who has ambition. I’d love to go to school for carpentry, and Tom wants to be a programmer. Ok, Greg and Tony are douches, but what can you do? They are still family. Speaking of family,” he abruptly changed the subject, leaning forward with an odd expression on his face. “How’s our big Clint?”

“Family?” she asked, startled. “He’s good.” Tired. Moody. Doesn’t care about me anymore. Tears threatened to rise, and she pinched her thigh hard to keep from betraying the emotion.

Another tilt and blink. “Well, yeah. I can tell he’s totally into you. You’ve been together for like what? A year? That’s longer than all your other boyfriends combined. You’re practically married.”

Marriage. The idea lashed like a whip. A few months ago…but now, she doubted it would ever happen. He was probably going to break up with her soon. And then she would go back to…what? She stared out of the window, watching people come in empty handed, exiting with their coffees. “Gary…does the…spark go out of your relationships after a while?” That’s what it felt like was happening with theirs.

Her brother puffed his cheeks in thought. “I dunno – I mean, I tend to like older women who are looking for an itch scratched. I don’t exactly ‘do’ the long haul, you know? Why?”

Clint kept coming home freshly showered. And he had no sex drive, and barely wanted to cuddle. Rach looked at her brother, moisture spilling over her eyes. “I don’t know.” Was he…? The thought was too unpalatable to voice aloud. “I just feel like every door in my life is closing in my face.”

“Know what happens when one door closes?”

“Life will open another?”

“Hells no. You open it. That’s what doors are for – to be opened when they are shut. I don’t know exactly what’s got you off kilter will Clint – but rub some salt in it, baby sister, and get back in the game! And get over this pissy mood you are in. You don’t have to be all huggy and kissy and stuff, but just…chill. Hell, talk to dad about it, if you don’t’ want to talk to mom.”

Easier said than done…but sounded about right. Huh. Maybe her some of her family had decent advice after all. Flipping her phone over, she swiped over to text Clint. “No…” Rachel stared down at her phone, disbelieving with all her might. She didn’t go onto social media often, so she had several notifications.

Gary had tagged in her a photo. Hey Rachel Costa Tony Costa Greg Costa Tom Costa Clint McGreggor – we should go in with all our friends and buy this place!! #livinlarge #upnorth #screwcitylife #isuddenlylovemyfamily

At first, her attention focused on the first line. Since when had Clint and Gary been close enough to be Facebook friends? As she read on, a frighteningly familiar cottage looked back at her.

Forget your cares on your very own private island getaway! Live large with this custom made, executive home away from home.

*~*~*

“Daddy?”

Her father looked up, eyes narrowed with suspicion. It wasn’t often that his daughter used ‘Daddy’ instead of ‘Dad’.

“Do you have a second to talk…in private?”

Head tilted for a moment, he slowly dusted off his hands from the flour that covered them before quickly flipping his gone to lunch sign over. “What’s wrong?”

“Can I talk to you…adult to adult?” It wasn’t exactly what Gary had meant, but she would try to talk to her dad.

Brows raising, he considered her for a long moment. “Yes.”

Inhaling deeply, Rachel let it out slowly. Just spit it out. It wasn’t like he was going to talk about anything on his own. “Why do you take care of mom?” It wasn’t about why he took care of her, anymore. It was about why Clint was taking care of her. More like mom than you realize…

The dark brows snapped back down. “Because she is my wife. Because I love her.”

It wasn’t often that he ever said those words, and they caused an inexplicable lump to rise up. Pushing through doggedly, she tried to phrase the next question in a way that wouldn’t offend him. “Do you…respect her less for not working?”

Rubbing his hands over his face, he left powdery white marks. “No,” he returned quietly.

Talking with her father was always infuriating. He rarely answered anything other than a closed question, and only in the shortest way possible. “Why?”

“Rachel…” Walking forward, he kissed her forehead, holding her face up to his. “I don’t know why you and your mother have always butted heads. But let me be very clear. God gave me the gifts to provide for my wife, who gifted me with you and your brothers. Providing is what men like me were created to do. What men like Clint were created to do. Nothing makes me happier than seeing her happy.”

Her eyes smarted, and she hugged him.

“Now. You can’t stop being stubborn any more than I can - but swallow your pride long enough to apologize to Clint so whatever spat is going on, will pass.”

Starting back, she huffed, “But I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“It doesn’t matter. It never does,” he said with a wry, half smile. “Now get out.” he said with gruff affection as he walked back behind the counter.

*~*~*

“Because it’s our anniversary,” Rachel snapped. “And I want to treat you to a god damn dinner, so take off your suit and let’s go!” All her plans for the evening were going awry, and he had only just walked in the door.

Clint unbuckled his belt with a snarl, muttering under his breath. “I don’t see why you think our anniversary it is so important, considering you think I’m cheating on you!” he snapped back at her. “Yeah, Rachel. Considering that you think your entire family is complete shit and they don’t care about you, your brothers can be remarkably persuasive and threatening when it comes to their little sister. Funny how you told them you think I am cheating, but you didn’t tell me! Where is the trust, Rachel?”

Damn it. She forgot how intuitive Gary was. Stupid brothers and their stupid big mouths and stupid overprotectiveness. “Cheating? For the record I never once said that to my brothers!”

“But you thought it!” Clint almost crowed, immediately spotting her evasion.

Rachel stared up at him, struggling to put the feelings to words. “I…never really thought that, not really.” Anger spiked, raw and hurting. “I mean, you come home late and seem to avoid me as much as you can! And you want to talk about trust? How can you be mad, considering you put the cottage up for sale without even telling me? Let’s talk about that for a second!”

“There is no bloody point in having it, if I am going up alone.” He responded with a sort of hollow finality, turning away.

Her throat locked, and pain radiated down from her throat through her chest. The blow wasn’t any less painful, even having suspecting it coming for a while now. “I’m…I’m not going?” she repeated faintly, disbelieving that he was seriously breaking up with her. Too late to apologize. Too late. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Blue green eyes flashed as he marched past her into the kitchen. Since when had he looked so muscular, and almost trim? “No. You’re not.”

With the eerie clarity of shock, Rachel couldn’t help but notice that there was actually a bit of a taper to his torso, and although his belly stuck out, it no longer hung down. “Clint...” she choked out, staring after his retreating form as he turned down the hallway. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Please...”
Old 06-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #73
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Ahhhh! Perfect! Keep going!!
Old 06-28-2015, 06:37 PM   #74
fat hiker

fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fat hiker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh my, the raw emotions, the authentic voice - this is a wonderful story, BHM or not! Seriously, you should look for a publisher.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #75
ALS

ALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized repALS has super-sized rep

I hope that things work out for our couple! Excellent update.
ALS is offline   Reply With Quote