Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #51
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

He was kind enough to squawk before taking off this time so I was not startled and managed to snag a pic.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:34 PM   #52
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
He was kind enough to squawk before taking off this time so I was not startled and managed to snag a pic.

Cool pic, lille!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #53
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wild Life? How about Wild Night?

Our two cats got out late last night and there were four of us out in the yard, in jammies, attempting to catch/tempt them back inside. One cat was hiding in the overgrown blackberry bushes that grow in the field next to my yard.
A young possum kept running out of the bushes to 'investigate" what we were doing. It seemed like it would have been easier to catch him than the cats

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #54
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Wild Life? How about Wild Night?

Our two cats got out late last night and there were four of us out in the yard, in jammies, attempting to catch/tempt them back inside. One cat was hiding in the overgrown blackberry bushes that grow in the field next to my yard.
A young possum kept running out of the bushes to 'investigate" what we were doing. It seemed like it would have been easier to catch him than the cats
You know what people say about trying to herd cats--apparently it's true! Leave it to a cat to find a hiding place in a bramble of thorns.

And thanks for entertaining us all with the image of you running around outside in your PJs. Pics would have been even better, though.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #55
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I finally got a look at the baby opossum who's been living under our back porch for the last couple of weeks. He comes out after dark to eat the cat food we leave for him (Meow Mix is his favorite). He's kitten-sized and quite charming. but also extremely skittish, which is why I haven't been able to get a picture of him to show you.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:40 PM   #56
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I finally got a look at the baby opossum who's been living under our back porch for the last couple of weeks. He comes out after dark to eat the cat food we leave for him (Meow Mix is his favorite). He's kitten-sized and quite charming. but also extremely skittish, which is why I haven't been able to get a picture of him to show you.
I hope he gets over being camera shy pretty soon--I loved the picture of your wife feeding the young raccoon.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #57
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Found this little dude or dudette outside my house. The freaky colour made me stop and look more closely. Apparently it is a garlic snail!

(Ours are normally brown with brown and tanish shells)
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #58
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Last friday night we were surprised by a black bear under the carport strewing trash around my yard. He looked annoyed by my headlights....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 10-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #59
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

My neighbor found a 25 pound little dead wild boar in the hedge between our gardens yesterday afternoon. The local hunt tenant came and said it must have been bitten to death by a fox (and tried to save himself to inhabited areas).

It was a bit surreal, as I live in the city, only 15 minutes by bike from the city center - but at the same time 1/2 block from the woods. So probably the best of both worlds ....
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #60
RentonBob
I always get back up...

RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Saw this guy on my walk the other day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turtle.jpg (56.8 KB, 186 views)
Old 10-26-2015, 06:14 AM   #61
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Agouderia, remind me not to mess with the foxes in your area -- taking on a 25 pound boar, even it is young? Fierce! But indeed odd to find that so close in to the city core.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #62
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

I just had to go out and pick up my over turned trash can - I think the bear is back

Old 10-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #63
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Great pic. Turtles are so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentonBob View Post
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:04 AM   #64
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Found this little dude or dudette outside my house. The freaky colour made me stop and look more closely. Apparently it is a garlic snail!

(Ours are normally brown with brown and tanish shells)
Interesting--I'm not sure I've ever seen a live snail outdoors. But on our Gulf beaches, it is pretty easy to find shells like this:

I think they're called moon snails, but I've never seen one of the shells with a snail still inside it.

Quote:
Last friday night we were surprised by a black bear under the carport strewing trash around my yard. He looked annoyed by my headlights....
Quote:
I just had to go out and pick up my over turned trash can - I think the bear is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
My neighbor found a 25 pound little dead wild boar in the hedge between our gardens yesterday afternoon. The local hunt tenant came and said it must have been bitten to death by a fox (and tried to save himself to inhabited areas).

It was a bit surreal, as I live in the city, only 15 minutes by bike from the city center - but at the same time 1/2 block from the woods. So probably the best of both worlds ....
People think our gators are bad, but at least they (mostly) stay in or near water. I'd be terrified to meet up with a bear or wild boar in the yard, even if it was a little one!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Great pic. Turtles are so cool.
I second this--there's just something about them; it's always a feel-good moment to see one. Although I like to keep my distance from the snapping variety.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #65
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Living in the city, this is about as wild as we get to see. He (?) and his equally sleek sibling were ambling through our yard the other morning. We're guessing that mamma kicked them out and that they are roaming around, looking for their own territory, but we could be wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcn.jpg (28.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 11-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #66
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Seen on the way to the football game today...Fly boys, fly. Enjoy pooping on the Americans, see you in the spring...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #67
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One or two might make it back but the rest in that pic I'm afraid will pay the ultimate price for pooping on us! Happy duck season y'all.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #68
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
One or two might make it back but the rest in that pic I'm afraid will pay the ultimate price for pooping on us! Happy duck season y'all.
Based on the number of those geese that are back here each Spring, y'all either aren't trying hard enough, need better aim, or maybe a guide to which kind of bird you are shooting at ;-)
Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #69
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

People shoot Canadian geese? That's just...wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #70
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
People shoot Canadian geese? That's just...wrong.
Tell that to good ol' Sully and the rest of the people on the plane those little flying terrorists put into the Hudson!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:56 AM   #71
big_lad27

big_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going on

Recently signed up to Instagram to add some of my random pictures
big_lad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:55 PM   #72
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!
Smile pics in Louisiana

20140729_192156.jpg

2013-08-22 12.40.12.jpg

2013-08-14 14.08.42.jpg

Old 12-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #73
beefsteak

beefsteak can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbeefsteak can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Here in northeast GA we have a large population of deer I have counted 14 in my yard at once. Had a bear get in my garbage every night for a couple weeks found out bears don't like pepper so I poured some black pepper on the top my garbage and after a few nights the stopped coming around. We have lots of snakes here I've killed about 5 copperheads in the past 2 years learned from my dad to roll a golf ball in egg put it in the shell and place it in the yard will kill snakes
beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #74
RentonBob
I always get back up...

RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Made a new friend on my walk today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Goose1.jpg (278.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #75
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Made a new friend on my walk today
And another Dimís guy fall for a Canadian bird ;-)