Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 05-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Local Art

...professional or not!!

Here is some lovely graffetti i saw while with a friend. I think its pretty breathtaking.

Id love wall splatter it more if it was all this pretty!!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #2
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is really cool. I used to walk around snapping pics of murals and intricate tags I came upon until I got hassled by a building owner for it.

One thing I wish I got pics of was, shortly following his death, someone went around spraying Michael Jackson stencils of his iconic 'Beat It' pose all over town. I counted a half dozen or so just in the downtown shopping area alone, and heard from more people who saw them on the other side of town too.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I work just off a street on which the local business improvement association has installed some street installations. I guess they would be considered art, maybe? This area was Ottawa's 'little italy' so the installations are based on memories and stories that the artist heard when interviewing long standing residents of the area. I think I recall reading that there are 15 of them along the road, but here a few. Oh, and also the mural the BIA put up in an expressway underpass. Far from high art, but but it does brighten the place up.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:30 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The first one is one of those more random art things, who did such elaborate work on a utility box I don't know, but I love walking past it.

The second isn't technically art, but this bike parking corral (which replaces one or two car parking spots along the side of the road) does add a splash of colour and whimsy to the street IMO.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Just a wall in NYC

in NYC you run into these things often. I just thought this one was well done.. this is only part of it... it was a summer scene.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150604_103955.jpg (308.9 KB, 150 views)
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

I like that one, Lucca--nice colours!

Up here the graffiti people can't seem to be bothered to do more than spray their tag, most of the time. Come on poeple, I thought the point of the tag was to take credit for the art, not to do a fancy version of "Dougie was here."
Old 06-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

charlotte has alot of art installations throughout the city. this guy is on tryon street in downtown charlotte outside the modern art museum. his official title is like 'firebird' or something like that...but everyone calls it the disco chicken. lol.

Attachment 120308
Old 06-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nice! I love these!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I like that one, Lucca--nice colours!

Up here the graffiti people can't seem to be bothered to do more than spray their tag, most of the time. Come on poeple, I thought the point of the tag was to take credit for the art, not to do a fancy version of "Dougie was here."

I will see if I can get a better pic(s) of it this weekend.. maybe a video so you can view the whole wall.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:54 AM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

A local artist has, for years, been building inukshuk like 'balanced rock' arrangements near us. There is a nice shelf of rock along the Ottawa River, and I think he may have started with rocks on site but certainly some of what is there now comes from elsewhere as they are more rounded than the rocks right there. He has a deal now with the National Capital Commission, where they put up some signs, and take the rocks away in the Fall to store over the Winter, so that the ice doesn't sweep them all away.

Anyway, here are some pics I took with my phone this weekend. My current phone doesn't have the most vibrant colors, but it gives you an idea of what it is like, anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rock-families-sml.jpg (31.7 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg rocks1-sml.jpg (32.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg rocks-toshore-sml.jpg (37.8 KB, 107 views)
Old 07-06-2015, 11:29 AM   #11
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Default art?

Tad.. I love that art display..

I don't know if this is art or not.. it is certainly interesting.. it is a bike rack...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg art.jpg (90.0 KB, 95 views)
Old 07-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #12
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
A local artist has, for years, been building inukshuk like 'balanced rock' arrangements near us. There is a nice shelf of rock along the Ottawa River, and I think he may have started with rocks on site but certainly some of what is there now comes from elsewhere as they are more rounded than the rocks right there. He has a deal now with the National Capital Commission, where they put up some signs, and take the rocks away in the Fall to store over the Winter, so that the ice doesn't sweep them all away.

Anyway, here are some pics I took with my phone this weekend. My current phone doesn't have the most vibrant colors, but it gives you an idea of what it is like, anyway.
aww...they look like little rock families
Old 07-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #13
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
aww...they look like little rock families
What she said--I love them! Thanks for sharing.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #14
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Those stones are pretty cool.

This one just went up. Not to my personal taste, but the quality is pretty awesome.

Last edited by Xyantha Reborn; 07-14-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Tryin to make the dratted pic smaller
Old 07-16-2015, 04:50 AM   #15
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep
Default Blucifer..

This thirty foot monstrosity greets anyone coming or going from our already weird airport. Fun Fact: it killed it's creator when it fell on top of him & severed an artery.

Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:26 AM   #16
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Thats the most awesome thing i have ever not really seen =p

Seriously...thats both weird and epic
Old 07-16-2015, 05:46 AM   #17
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypus View Post
monstrosity
Yep, that seems like the word.... I mean, it is cool, but rather unsettling!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:31 AM   #18
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The horsie from Hell has a history (how's that for alliteration?) It's based on a smaller prototype that was loaned to the President of the University of Oklahoma and proudly displayed -- blinking flashbulb eyes and all -- on the campus lawn. The art department was so vocal in condemning the thing that the President bought it and made it a permanent display, just to show them who was boss. The students had the last word, though: they used to put condoms on the horse so he could have safe sex with any plastic mares that showed up. One of them duct-taped a box to the stallion's (he was definitely a stallion) back with the legend "10 cents a ride." Anyway, he was removed from the lawn and now lives in the campus art museum.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #19
deanbpm

deanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this board

Whoever abandoned this sofa is an accidental artist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (250.2 KB, 27 views)