Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 07-02-2015, 08:09 AM   #26
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
From an outsider perspective, I think that if this happens the US looses a fair chunk of what remains of its "Home of the American Dream -- the land Where ANYONE can grow up to be president" mystique. (in international terms, not talking about how Americans view it).
Are there many black and Latino' elected to office in the Great White North? How many black Prime Ministers can Canada boast? Just sayn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
As a non-American, I think I care most about your congress becoming more functional and rational, and for that reason alone I hope that it is not a Bush or Clinton, as I think that would further fan existing partisan fires.

Please!!! Bite your tongue!!!

Old 07-02-2015, 08:14 AM   #27
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Yes, however, its very refreshing to see someone speak from the heart apparently without worry about the ensuing backlash. Perhaps he's at an age where he just doesn't give a shit.

Regardless of whether he wins or looses Sanders has done much to get the Democratic Party back on track (no more god awful triangulation).
I get that and agree. Still, I'm uncomfortable with the idea that someone will be feebling around in the seat of power. Have some know-how, a plan, hired hitmen - anything.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
Old 07-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #28
biodieselman

biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!biodieselman keeps pushing the rep limit!

I also like Carly Fiorina. Her superior intelligence shines as she deftly handles the biased got-ya media questions. She exhibits a great deal knowledge on national and international policies. But what I appreciate most is the lack of polished politi-speak. I know politics at the national demands a certain level of politi-speak, dodging direct answers, not offending large groups of voters and spouting fuzzy poll driven talking points. But it's a breath of fresh air when she answers a direct question with a direct answer offering her solutions instead of meaningless talking points.

I'm glad to read her poll numbers are climbing as it's almost a certainty she will meet the top ten requirement for upcoming debates.

Quote:
Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina winning over skeptics

But as Fiorina started speaking, Wolff was captivated by her message. While other candidates in the convention hall spent their time spewing standard conservative talking points and criticizing the current Democratic administration, he said, Fiorina outlined solutions, such as how she would negotiate a nuclear deal with Iran.
A Cruz/Fiorina team would be a formidable force as both excel at debate being adept at speaking and thinking on their feet, not needing a teleprompter as a crutch.

Ted Cruz...
Quote:
won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[32] In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner, David Panton.[32] Cruz and Panton represented Harvard Law School at the 1995 World Debating Championship, making it to the semi-finals,...

Old 07-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #29
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
What's wrong with dog catchers?

At least they're not bought and paid for insider Washington establishment elite.

Democrat/Republican....

just a different cheek on the same a**.

Oh my God! I'm seeing old butt pimples!

so this has to be your first post without a picture or a animated GIF.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 PM   #30
biodieselman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
so this has to be your first post without a picture or a animated GIF.
Is this just a snivel or do you have a point?
Old 07-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #31
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Is this just a snivel or do you have a point?
nope just an observation. but take it any way you want.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:00 PM   #32
biodieselman

Gotta admit, Bernie is doing surprisingly well.
Quote:
Hillary Gets Berned: Sanders Rally Nearly Double the Size of Her Announcement Crowd

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) upstaged ‘em all at a rally in Madison, Wis., on Wednesday night.
In fact, he put the number of people who showed up for Hillary Clinton’s official campaign announcement to shame.
Sanders nearly filled the Veterans Memorial Coliseum at the Alliant Energy Center, which seats 10,231 people; the Associated Press put a 10,000 estimate on the crowd. About 5,500 people were on New York’s Roosevelt Island for Clinton’s carefully orchestrated launch.
Quote:
Virginia Democrats were offered free tickets Friday to the annual Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Virginia, Hillary Clinton’s first campaign stop in the critical swing state.

In an email leaked to Business Insider, supporters of Clinton’s campaign in Virginia were given a chance to forego the $30 price for tickets to the event, as long as they provide the code included in the email.
This isn’t the first time Hillary has struggled to fill seats. In early June, a Clinton event in New York marketed as “just for women” switched to co-ed at the last minute, when the campaign discovered the large amount of $2,700-a-seat tickets that went unsold.
Virginia Democratic Party Communications Director Stephen Carter told Business Insider the free ticket giveaway is not reflective of poor fundraising, ... He confirmed the campaign sold 2,000 tickets of the 10,000-seat Patriot Center at George Mason University.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:21 AM   #33
Gspoon
Spoonah

Gspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging in

Im a indepentant with a left lean. Okay, its more left than center, and a sprinkle of right at some point

That being said, Sanders is the man! Bern baby, Bern!
Old 07-04-2015, 05:08 PM   #34
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I haven't quite decided yet. I still like Christie, but I also like Rubio a lot. We'll see.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #35
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Realizing many can't help but just dismiss this as naked partisanship, however:

Hillary's the most objectively qualified, very difficult to get past that simple point. Remember, the president's not just some figure who's supposed to represent the ideals of the nation. They also need to be a particularly astute politician than can effective govern from some kind of political center. Not that makes everyone happy, but knows enough how to hold ground against a very spirited opposition. (Kind of like how Obama's able to bob and weave against all of his critics coming from so many directions).

Hillary's the only one ready for it, the task of sifting through so many competing areas of expertise. Not that the GOP doesn't have some policy intelligence. But, none of those guys really understand Washington in that way of being able to efficiently navigate it, let alone try to change it for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
"...uncomfortable with the idea that someone will be feebling around in the seat of power. Have some know-how, a plan, hired hitmen - anything."
He already knows he's not getting anywhere near that nomination, let alone the White House. He's like Lieberman, representing & agitating an important constituency. One that will ultimately have an important in the final result.

I forget who it was; someone on CNN, I think; they were saying something about how the overall tone of the country is so partisan lately that there's, in effect, no real political center. So, either party's critical task is to full-on, as much as they can, energize as much of each of their own respective political-base. Sanders et al. (Chafee, Webb, O'Malley) are all a necessary parts of that HRB, especially as this very dynamic GOP is getting so much media attention, even if a lot of it is negative.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #36
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tell me then what has Hillary accomplished in her political career?
Please list all the great things she has done that makes her qualified to be President.
I am truly curious and not trying to be mean or snarky.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #37
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I really want to see a president who is neither a Republican nor a Democrat.

Maybe if the Republican hopefuls lunged at each other's throats for a year and Hillary continued to act as the arrogant heir apparent, we may finally get that chance.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #38
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Tell me then what has Hillary accomplished in her political career?
Please list all the great things she has done that makes her qualified to be President.
I am truly curious and not trying to be mean or snarky.
I remember doing a gig at a function that honored her some years ago. I was surprised at the list of things she'd done in her career that I hadn't heard about. Unfortunately I can't recall a single one but to be honest they were mostly philanthropic in nature. She didn't solve a nuclear crisis or kill a rabid bear if that's what you're looking for.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #39
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks Lilly I'll look into that and see what I can find.
As far as her political career she has really missed the mark and that alone is why I would not want her as president.
Do I think a woman could be president? Sure if she were qualified but Hillary hasn't proven that she is.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #40
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Thanks Lilly I'll look into that and see what I can find.
As far as her political career she has really missed the mark and that alone is why I would not want her as president.
Do I think a woman could be president? Sure if she were qualified but Hillary hasn't proven that she is.
As much as I hate to admit it I'm tending to agree with you there. Though that could be said for many people. Generally speaking a candidate is only as good as the people they (will) surround themselves with. Who's paying for this, who's helping them, who's in line to benefit from their nomination or win if it should come to that? Right now nobody's making me feel very confident or enthusiastic.

@~;~~
Old 07-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #41
Tracii

I so agree Lilly no candidate floats my boat yet either.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #42
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Wait, whut?!

Quote:
"...surprised at the list of things she'd done in her career that I hadn't heard about...mostly philanthropic in nature. She didn't solve a nuclear crisis or kill a rabid bear if that's what you're looking for."
She's been involved with political activism even going back further than her historic commencement speech at Wellesley, where she controversially challenged then-Senator Brooke.

However, relatively early in her time at Yale (Law School) her focus turned to the welfare of families and children (could this be what you mean by a term like philanthropic? After all, family law and child welfare is certainly not one of the more lucrative specialties available to a TOP student & student leader like she clearly was). From Wikipedia:
Quote:
...served on the editorial board of the Yale Review of Law and Social Action.[36] During her second year, she worked at the Yale Child Study Center,[37] learning about new research on early childhood brain development and working as a research assistant on the seminal work, Beyond the Best Interests of the Child (1973).[38][39] She also took on cases of child abuse at Yale-New Haven Hospital[38] and volunteered at New Haven Legal Services to provide free legal advice for the poor.[37] In the summer of 1970 she was awarded a grant to work at Marian Wright Edelman's Washington Research Project, where she was assigned to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor. There she researched migrant workers' problems in housing, sanitation, health and education.[40] Edelman later became a significant mentor.[41] Rodham was recruited by political advisor Anne Wexler to work on the 1970 campaign of Connecticut U.S. Senate candidate Joseph Duffey, with Rodham later crediting Wexler with providing her first job in politics.[42]
.... summer [1971] she interned at the Oakland, California, law firm of Treuhaft, Walker and Burnstein.[43]...known for its support of constitutional rights, civil liberties....worked on child custody and other cases.[nb 3] ....campaigned in Texas for unsuccessful 1972 Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern.[48] She received a Juris Doctor degree from Yale in 1973,[29]...
...postgraduate study on children and medicine at the Yale Child Study Center.[50]...first scholarly article, "Children Under the Law", was published in the Harvard Educational Review in late 1973.[51] Discussing the new children's rights movement, it stated that "child citizens" were "powerless individuals"[52] and argued that children should not be considered equally incompetent from birth to attaining legal age, but that instead courts should presume competence except when there is evidence otherwise, on a case-by-case basis.[53] The article became frequently cited in the field.[54]
During her postgraduate study, Rodham served as staff attorney for Edelman's newly founded Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts,[55] and as a consultant to the Carnegie Council on Children.[56] In 1974 she was a member of the impeachment inquiry staff in Washington, D.C., advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.[57] Under the guidance of Chief Counsel John Doar and senior member Bernard Nussbaum,[38] Rodham helped research procedures of impeachment and the historical grounds and standards for impeachment.[57] The committee's work culminated in the resignation of President Richard Nixon in August 1974.
In August 1974, Rodham moved to Fayetteville, Arkansas, and became one of only two female faculty members in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.[63][64] She gave classes in criminal law, where she was considered a rigorous teacher and tough grader, and was the first director of the school's legal aid clinic.[65]...still harbored doubts about marriage, concerned that her separate identity would be lost and that her accomplishments would be viewed in the light of someone else's.[66]

... February 1977, Rodham joined the venerable Rose Law Firm, a bastion of Arkansan political and economic influence.[74] She specialized in patent infringement and intellectual property law[36] while also working pro bono in child advocacy;[75].....maintained her interest in children's law and family policy, publishing the scholarly articles "Children's Policies: Abandonment and Neglect" in 1977[77] and "Children's Rights: A Legal Perspective" in 1979.[78] The latter continued her argument that children's legal competence depended upon their age and other circumstances and that in serious medical rights cases, judicial intervention was sometimes warranted.[53] An American Bar Association chair later said, "Her articles were important, not because they were radically new but because they helped formulate something that had been inchoate."[53] Historian Garry Wills would later describe her as "one of the more important scholar-activists of the last two decades",[79]...
...1977, Rodham cofounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, a state-level alliance with the Children's Defense Fund.[36][82] Later that year, President Jimmy Carter (for whom Rodham had been the 1976 campaign director of field operations in Indiana)[83] appointed her to the board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation,[84] and she served in that capacity from 1978 until the end of 1981.[85] From mid-1978 to mid-1980,[nb 4] she served as the chair of that board, the first woman to do so.[86] During her time as chair, funding for the Corporation was expanded from $90 million to $300 million; subsequently she successfully fought President Ronald Reagan's attempts to reduce the funding and change the nature of the organization.[75]

....chair of the Rural Health Advisory Committee the same year,[87] where she secured federal funds to expand medical facilities in Arkansas's poorest areas without affecting doctors' fees.[88]
In 1979, Rodham became the first woman to be made a full partner of Rose Law Firm.[89]

Truly, I could just on and on and on, but to what end:
Quote:
"As far as her political career she has really missed the mark and that alone is why I would not want her as president.
"
What do you even mean here? What specifically, what specific type of experience do you believe would make her or anyone else for that matter "experienced-enough?" Besides Reagan, who are your modern examples of Presidents who came into office with enough experience?

Quote:
...a candidate is only as good as the people they (will) surround themselves with...
It's also the candidate's stature within the cadre of interests that will ultimately surround any person holding that office. i.e. the President needs to be a person with both a capacity to listen-to and fully appreciate all of the these vital and relevant concerns, the heads or voices of which all necessarily know more, better, than he or she does with respect to their own area (e.g. various captains of the military industrial complex), but at the very same time be at ease in sifting through all of their desperate manipulations, to be effective in standing-up to them when, whenever need-be. You know, like walking while holding a group of leashes tied to mixed group of very energetic dogs.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #43
Tracii

Yakatori tell me what she has done in her time in government?
Tell me all the good things please.
Being a political activist means nothing when it comes down to running a country.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #44
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yakatori tell me what she has done in her time in government?
Tell me all the good things please.
Being a political activist means nothing when it comes down to running a country.
The former activist presently running things is doing a damn good job!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:53 PM   #45
Tracii

Quote:
Depends on how you look at it.
Other nations think he is a tool and weak.
Obviously knows he is creating a division between black and white people.
Treats our best ally in the middle east (Israel) with contempt.
Sends F16 fighter jets to the Muslim Brotherhood which are not all that trustworthy.
Seeks amnesty for illegal aliens just for a voter base to keep his party in power.
Lets in children in from South America with TB and puts them next to your kids in school.Its all about the kids right? but sadly he doesn't consider your kids in the equation.
Activism is just stirring the pot of dissent when you are in college not a basis of qualification for being a president or world leader.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 AM   #46
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Yes but Obama was a senator in one of the most corrupt political environments out there and managed to accomplish things while somehow keeping the stains off of him. This is the type of thing that would lead one to believe he has the stones to survive the shark infested waters of Washington and possibly come though on some, not all, of his lofty promises. Clinton has some good ideas. Maybe being the wife of a two term president has some benefits but I don't think even Laura Bush would vote for Laura Bush. I don't know, like Tracii I'm just not seeing anything there with her but a lot of good ideas and good deeds that went unopposed but can she make them fly in Washington?

@~;~~
Old 07-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #47
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Which of the candidates who announced they're running would you seriously credit with 'great things that qualify them to be President'???

That's hanging the bar very high!

Apart from that - and beyond Hillary as person here - it doesn't matter anyway.

From a pure political communication science perspective - surveys since the 1930's consistently prove that people don't vote for candidates because of their merits in the past. But because they can convincingly transmit that they're the best person to get things done in the future, that will make things better for everyone, that the 'shining city on the hill' is an attainable goal with them (I'm not a Reagan fan - but he was a political image pro). It truly is the vision that counts - not the legacy.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #48
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Are there many black and Latino' elected to office in the Great White North? How many black Prime Ministers can Canada boast? Just sayn.

MichaŽlle Jean -- Canada's Governor General 2005 - 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micha%C3%ABlle_Jean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3d69059c-caed-4996-be72-7ab27510f014.jpg (52.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 07-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #49
bigmac

Quote:

Former B.C. Premier and Liberal MP Ujjal Dosanjh.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9053181.jpg (125.7 KB, 110 views)
Old 07-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #50
bigmac

Quote:

Other nations think he is a tool and weak.

This bit of conservative BS needs to be addressed. The TRUTH is that our President is actually very popular around the world.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-obama/371884/

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/dat...ings-worldwide

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121991/wo...ost-obama.aspx